Proud Author of My First Kindle ebook

47 replies
Heya Guys

Just wanna share that decided to test Amazon system for Kindle ebook publishing... and my first one was approved.

This is the link for the ebookThis is the link for the ebook .

It's a small one, based of my personal blog posts over last year, and quite frankly it's more of a test than anything else.

For those of you asking how I did it, I just followed the guidelines from Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing. That's it. Simple stuff anyone can follow.

Pretty cool stuff to impress my neighbors.

Thanks so much to all the Warriors that push us to break new limits, and help us succeed in daily IM activities.

This is my first one at Amazon, but you can be sure it won't be the last.

What about you?

Planning on publishing your own Kindle ebook?

Share your goals!
#author #ebook #kindle #proud
  • Profile picture of the author M Thompson
    Well done... can i get an autographed copy
    Signature


    If you are serious about online marketing come and Join our free community The Foundation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3304966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author perfectlovehere
    Very cool! Gratz to you! I have a kindle book as well:
    Perfect Love Here I Come eBook: Gina Reedy:...Perfect Love Here I Come eBook: Gina Reedy:...
    It's also available in hardcover. Never made any sales but I guess that's how it was meant to be so no worries. I would definitely recommend also posting yours up for sale hardcover. You can do this with createspace.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3304994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by M Thompson View Post

      Well done... can i get an autographed copy
      Once I have it in press, you got it!

      Originally Posted by perfectlovehere View Post

      Very cool! Gratz to you! I have a kindle book as well:
      Perfect Love Here I Come eBook: Gina Reedy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

      It's also available in hardcover. Never made any sales but I guess that's how it was meant to be so no worries. I would definitely recommend also posting yours up for sale hardcover. You can do this with createspace.com
      Cheers! Next move is to get it in hard cover, for sure. Or probably not this one - just the new one.

      Have to think about it.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3305018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Giani
      Originally Posted by perfectlovehere View Post

      Very cool! Gratz to you! I have a kindle book as well:
      Perfect Love Here I Come eBook: Gina Reedy: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

      It's also available in hardcover. Never made any sales but I guess that's how it was meant to be so no worries. I would definitely recommend also posting yours up for sale hardcover. You can do this with createspace.com
      Very Good cover. Is it possible for you to specify what is this book about, the topics are you covering like table of content, and more information about this book.

      May be I am missing something but any buyer would like to know more information before buying it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
    Congrats, Fernando! And I second the notion of having the book physically published. There's NOTHING like holding a bound, printed copy in your hands.
    Signature
    Read this SURPRISING REPORT Before You Buy ANY WSO! Click Here
    FREE REPORT: Split Test Your Landing Pages the Easy Way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3305030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by Steven Carl Kelly View Post

      Congrats, Fernando! And I second the notion of having the book physically published. There's NOTHING like holding a bound, printed copy in your hands.
      Thanks Steven!

      I'll probably just print the upcoming ebook. I'm writing a new one based on my offline knowledge, and that one will be printed for sure: I have to get some copies to offer on meetings.

      Hopefully I can focus on that for a couple weeks.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3305034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Therese
    Congratulations Fernando!

    I've just published my first kindle book too.
    Shakespeare Quotations - Specially SelectedShakespeare Quotations - Specially Selected
    It's a great feeling isn't it :-)

    I see you are writing another book - I'm doing that too - this writing bug is infectious!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author musiclyons
    Congratulations, Fernando! I would certainly have the book physically published. Nothing can substitute for a person to be able to hold a actual bound printed copy of a book (your book) in their hands. Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pilch
    Congratulations Fernado!
    Signature
    >ACAPELLAS4U is your #1 resource for FREE acapellas & dj tools - supported by superstar DJs, Remixers, Producers & Mashup artists Worldwide!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author russells
    Hey,

    Congratulations on your first Kindle Ebook!

    How are you going to go about marketing the book? Or are you going to let it ride the Amazon store?

    ~Russ
    Signature





    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Good job, Fernando!

    Too bad my Portuguese is not good enough to understand it
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by russells View Post

      Hey,

      Congratulations on your first Kindle Ebook!

      How are you going to go about marketing the book? Or are you going to let it ride the Amazon store?

      ~Russ
      Thanks!

      This one was a test, next book I'll try to promote it locally and it will be used to add credibility to potential offline customers.

      And will use some info from this thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ller-list.html

      Amazing stuff there.

      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Good job, Fernando!

      Too bad my Portuguese is not good enough to understand it
      Thanks Istvan! Appreciated!
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3306732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Douglas
    Congratulations. I would be interested to know how it goes it's something I have been thinking of.
    Update us if you can.
    Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3307298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by Brian Douglas View Post

      Congratulations. I would be interested to know how it goes it's something I have been thinking of.
      Update us if you can.
      Thanks.
      Cheers Brian,

      The all process is very, very easy. Amazon does it all for you - except content writing, which is something you can easily do for yourself.

      The credibility you get from a ebook on sale at Amazon is huge in the eyes of "non IM" folks. There was a thread in here about offline techniques and this was one of them: get better positioning above the rest of the crowd.

      I intended to do this since late '10 cause it's damn simple, fast and can bring you lot's of goodies.

      That's why my next one will be also printed - at least 50 of them - to offer to my potential (and paste) customers.

      The potential is endless.

      Try it out.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3307504].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author paulie888
        Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

        Cheers Brian,

        The all process is very, very easy. Amazon does it all for you - except content writing, which is something you can easily do for yourself.

        The credibility you get from a ebook on sale at Amazon is huge in the eyes of "non IM" folks. There was a thread in here about offline techniques and this was one of them: get better positioning above the rest of the crowd.

        I intended to do this since late '10 cause it's damn simple, fast and can bring you lot's of goodies.

        That's why my next one will be also printed - at least 50 of them - to offer to my potential (and paste) customers.

        The potential is endless.

        Try it out.
        Congratulations, Fernando. Chances are we won't really make much money at all from our Kindle books, but we'll gain a massive amount of credibility by doing this (especially if we also publish/sell our physical books on Amazon using Createspace).

        I've been procrastinating on this too for at least several months, but seeing you do it has inspired me to set a goal to publish something on Kindle by the end of this month!

        Paul
        Signature
        >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311043].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
          Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

          Congratulations, Fernando. Chances are we won't really make much money at all from our Kindle books, but we'll gain a massive amount of credibility by doing this (especially if we also publish/sell our physical books on Amazon using Createspace).

          I've been procrastinating on this too for at least several months, but seeing you do it has inspired me to set a goal to publish something on Kindle by the end of this month!

          Paul
          Go Paul!!!

          I'll remember to get back to you in 30 days.
          Signature
          People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3311573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jmn187
    I have a couple of books on amazon. It feels great when the first one gets approved. Here are some tips ive learned to get more sales.

    -Quality covers will make or break sales.
    -Spending the time to code the Table of Contents and NOC (five way nav) will bring you repeat customers.
    -Start your books low at like .99 cents to get reviews then raise price later.
    -start blogger mini-sites packed with keyword rich post to drive traffic to book.
    -give away first couple of chapters free <-- killer list builder, then just send out email with link to every book you publish or just amazon aff link. Cash Money!!!!

    Best of luck to you. Pm if you have any quesitons. Ive been doing the kindle thing for awhile =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3308619].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by Jmn187 View Post

      I have a couple of books on amazon. It feels great when the first one gets approved. Here are some tips ive learned to get more sales.

      -Quality covers will make or break sales.
      -Spending the time to code the Table of Contents and NOC (five way nav) will bring you repeat customers.
      -Start your books low at like .99 cents to get reviews then raise price later.
      -start blogger mini-sites packed with keyword rich post to drive traffic to book.
      -give away first couple of chapters free <-- killer list builder, then just send out email with link to every book you publish or just amazon aff link. Cash Money!!!!

      Best of luck to you. Pm if you have any quesitons. Ive been doing the kindle thing for awhile =)
      Sweet!!

      Really appreciated Chris.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3310583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulMark
    Congratulations Fernando!! That's awesome!
    Feeling inspired. Thanks!

    ~Mark
    Signature
    Just PM questions : Paul answers questions about rapid product creation, recurring revenue and creating online training programs. Mark answers questions about SEO, organic traffic, & local business marketing.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brandony
      Fernanco,
      Congrats on getting one up there....I have that on my list also...Alas, only so many hours in the day...
      Mark,
      cracked me up...get an autographed copy

      Later,
      Brandon
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Duncan
    Great job Fernando!

    It must be pretty cool to head over to Amazon.com and see your work!

    Hope you sell a million.

    All the best,
    Jack Duncan
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3312335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ce2gain
    This is really inspiring! Congratulations, Fernando. I've been considering this for a while, but thought it was probably a long, drawn out process, but from the stories here, it sounds like it's very doable.

    Also, thanks for pointing out the link for how to market a Kindle ebook.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3313210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post

      Congratulations Fernando!! That's awesome!
      Feeling inspired. Thanks!

      ~Mark
      Originally Posted by brandony View Post

      Fernanco,
      Congrats on getting one up there....I have that on my list also...Alas, only so many hours in the day...
      Mark,
      cracked me up...get an autographed copy

      Later,
      Brandon
      Originally Posted by Jack Duncan View Post

      Great job Fernando!

      It must be pretty cool to head over to Amazon.com and see your work!

      Hope you sell a million.

      All the best,
      Jack Duncan
      Originally Posted by ce2gain View Post

      This is really inspiring! Congratulations, Fernando. I've been considering this for a while, but thought it was probably a long, drawn out process, but from the stories here, it sounds like it's very doable.

      Also, thanks for pointing out the link for how to market a Kindle ebook.
      Cheers guys!!

      Let's see how many warriors feel inspired to create one Kindle of their own next days...

      Now, That would be cool.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3315429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lambert Klein
    Congrats!

    I'm new to publishing on the Kindle as well. I have a few books on there now:
    Amazon.com: Lambert Klein: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

    It looks to be promising...

    Lambert
    Signature

    WordPress Domination: from Beginner to Ninja in 7 Days http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007LS0TLE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana_W
    Hey, Fernando, congrats! I am still working on my book for Kindle and studying like mad to pick up tips on boosting sales.

    Word of advice, from what I've picked up so far - do you have any friends who could write a review of that product for you, and post the review on Amazon? My understanding is that reviews help a LOT - like testimonials on a sales page for IM products do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lambert Klein
    ... and tags work better than you think. So start adding tags to your Amazon page.
    Signature

    WordPress Domination: from Beginner to Ninja in 7 Days http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007LS0TLE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author inblues
    very cool. Will try to get my ebook on amazon soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356423].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by lklein View Post

      Congrats!

      I'm new to publishing on the Kindle as well. I have a few books on there now:
      Amazon.com: Lambert Klein: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

      It looks to be promising...

      Lambert
      It gets addictive, isn't it?

      Originally Posted by Dana_W View Post

      Hey, Fernando, congrats! I am still working on my book for Kindle and studying like mad to pick up tips on boosting sales.

      Word of advice, from what I've picked up so far - do you have any friends who could write a review of that product for you, and post the review on Amazon? My understanding is that reviews help a LOT - like testimonials on a sales page for IM products do.
      For my next one I'll use all the tricks I can to boost it to top places. I posted a link above from a WF thread with plenty of advice. Check it out.

      Originally Posted by lklein View Post

      ... and tags work better than you think. So start adding tags to your Amazon page.
      Another tip to the bag.

      Originally Posted by inblues View Post

      very cool. Will try to get my ebook on amazon soon.
      Don't forget to share your experience.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMShoppingMall
    Wow! Now this is interesting. Never thought of this route. Thank you for the heads up.
    Signature
    *** 100% Pure Content ***
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sandor Verebi
      "Can you hear the drums Fernando?" - sang the ABBA band.

      No, I'm not the ABBA but I see that you've already published a drumstick.

      Congratulations! Damn inspirating!

      Cheers,

      Sandor
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3356647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LauraJames
    Wow! Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment. Thank you for sharing this with the members of the Warrior Forum. Now I definitely have a good reason to buy a Kindle. Rock on, Fernando!
    Signature

    Chief Executive Officer
    Best Designed Blogs
    Based in Canada and the USA
    None of our work is outsourced

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Giani
    Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

    Heya Guys

    Just wanna share that decided to test Amazon system for Kindle ebook publishing... and my first one was approved.

    This is the link for the ebook.

    It's a small one, based of my personal blog posts over last year, and quite frankly it's more of a test than anything else.

    For those of you asking how I did it, I just followed the guidelines from Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing. That's it. Simple stuff anyone can follow.

    Pretty cool stuff to impress my neighbors.

    Thanks so much to all the Warriors that push us to break new limits, and help us succeed in daily IM activities.

    This is my first one at Amazon, but you can be sure it won't be the last.

    What about you?

    Planning on publishing your own Kindle ebook?

    Share your goals!
    Congrats. Very good.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lambert Klein
    When you first publish your book on Amazon, all the content isn't there at first. You have to wait for Amazon to update everything. At times the description may take a week or two before it appears.

    Lambert
    Signature

    WordPress Domination: from Beginner to Ninja in 7 Days http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007LS0TLE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sikaz
    This is inspiring and l feel motivated to do my own too.

    Congrats!
    Better luck with your hard print and your second work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3357638].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sunnybeach7
      Very cool! I'm also in the process of writing one to get published. I'm quite excited about it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3385693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charlesburke
    Congratulations Fernando! And a coincidence... I've just half an hour ago submitted my own first Kindle as well. Looking forward to seeing it available to the whole world. Title: The Business Owner's Quantum Cash Pump. I hope you'll keep everybody posted how your sales go.

    Cheers from warm and smiling Thailand,
    Charles
    Signature
    MisterEbook.com
    Special offer for all Warrior authors... MisterEbook.com/warriorsonly.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3385704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by charlesburke View Post

      Congratulations Fernando! And a coincidence... I've just half an hour ago submitted my own first Kindle as well. Looking forward to seeing it available to the whole world. Title: The Business Owner's Quantum Cash Pump. I hope you'll keep everybody posted how your sales go.

      Cheers from warm and smiling Thailand,
      Charles
      Hi Charles

      Bet your book will sell a lot better then mine This was just a test, don't believe anyone will buy it.

      Next one will be a a solid give, but right now, I simply don't have the time/inspiration to write a travel book.

      Keep us update on your book! Looks promising.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3386067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Jones
    Great going man!!
    I am sure you will be the source of inspiration for many. Keep going!!
    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3386335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edlewis
      Been doing the Kindle thing for about 8 months now...after starting publishing physical books - almost all public domain - through CreateSpace.

      I've got Kindle books that range from $0.99 to $9.99...and several different strategies I use to take advantage of the power of Amazon.

      Can't stand the Kindle SPAMMERS though...those who are just flooding the Kindle Store with worthless PLR that they don't even make the slightest effort to change.

      Sadly, most have been taught these "get-rich-quick" methods by some Warriors.

      Too bad many of them are simply wasting their time and will likely wind up blaming their failures on the Kindle platform or some other silly excuse about how e-books are a "scam"...and not the idea that their so-called "business model" is utterly flawed on so many levels.

      Oh well...guess I will just keep cranking out content and hope these mindless dreamers don't ruin the Kindle Store...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3386582].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
        Originally Posted by edlewis View Post

        Oh well...guess I will just keep cranking out content and hope these mindless dreamers don't ruin the Kindle Store...
        Hopefully not, many os us intent to sell more books.
        Signature
        People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3387511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
    What does it cost to publish a book on Kindle?
    Signature

    Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
    Invest in domains without the hard work !
    Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casper C
    My friend showed me his Kindle the other day, and I was actually really impressed with it. Glad to hear it's not difficult to release a Kindle-ready eBook!
    Signature
    I write high quality articles starting at $5.50 - Original content written in native English!

    --> Click to check out my services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407558].message }}

Trending Topics