Where Do I Get Facebook Box Thing For My Website.

by scoopy
10 replies
Where can i get the facebook box like this TechCrunch to the right where it says like an the box of fans to put in your page. Thanks.
#box #facebook #thing #website
  • Profile picture of the author Affportal
    You go to the developers area in facebook. They are called social plugins.

    Social Plugins - Facebook Developers

    You have to follow the directions carefully and fully. I added this to the front page of AffPortal.com last week.

    You need to convert your page to html5 which is a small change, then add in their javascript code and finally then you can add the facebook markup language that adds the plugin.

    let me know if you need some help...

    ~ Corey
    Signature

    AffPortal Niche Research & Campaign Development Tools - CLICK HERE >>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343121].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by Affportal View Post

      I added this to the front page of AffPortal.com last week.
      Corey,

      I'm not sure if anyone has bought this up before but the background on your page, I feel, would be turning some visitors away. I found it very hard to concentrate on the video in the middle of the page with all those lights specs on the dark blue background to either side. It messes with your eyes. Maybe it's because I'm a little tired but I'd be interested to hear other opinions. I think a solid background color, even white, would do much better for you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346208].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Affportal
        Right on Will. I am making a second version to split test today actually.

        I totally appreciate your feedback. Never know unless you test right?

        The version I ran for the last year was informative but boring so I was going for something a little more exciting. I didn't mean to give people seizures though :-)
        Signature

        AffPortal Niche Research & Campaign Development Tools - CLICK HERE >>

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346214].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WillR
          Originally Posted by Affportal View Post

          Right on Will. I am making a second version to split test today actually.

          I totally appreciate your feedback. Never know unless you test right?

          The version I ran for the last year was informative but boring so I was going for something a little more exciting. I didn't mean to give people seizures though :-)
          I managed to close it before the seizure but just thought it was worth mentioning to you. I could be completely wrong but would definitely be something worth testing.

          Best of luck with it!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346228].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Affportal
            Originally Posted by WillR View Post

            I could be completely wrong but would definitely be something worth testing
            Ok, change is done and I'm done hijacking this thread. Sorry guys.
            Signature

            AffPortal Niche Research & Campaign Development Tools - CLICK HERE >>

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyv
    If you have wordpress there are also a few plugins that will handle it for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LibbyC
    Originally Posted by scoopy View Post

    Where can i get the facebook box like this TechCrunch to the right where it says like an the box of fans to put in your page. Thanks.
    1. Log in to your FB page
    2. Go to Edit Page (either under your profile pic or at the top right in the new version released today!)
    3. Navigate to Marketing -> Add a Like Box to Your Website
    4. Enter in the URL of your page*
    5. Change any other options you want (background, fan's faces, the 'stream' ie: your wall etc)
    6. Click on 'get code'
    7. Take the iFrame code and insert into your HTML code of your site, or if you're using WordPress just add a text widget and paste the code in there.

    Voila

    Let me know if you have problems.
    Libby

    ** NB: (if you haven't already you can choose a short URL by going here: Login | Facebook (you need more than 25 fans to do this)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3343222].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Affportal
      ahhhh, I forgot about the iframe version. The only drawback with the iframe version is that it's limited in what else you can do but for a quick fix like this the iframe version is perfect.
      Signature

      AffPortal Niche Research & Campaign Development Tools - CLICK HERE >>

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346188].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rrram2
      Thanks Libby! I didnt know Facebook was offering usernames. I got http://www.facebook.com/elijah.marks

      Also I see they let you set pages to usernames, this is a great idea! So if you make a facebook page about internet marketing, facebook now lets you put internet marketing in the URL as part of the username.

      And we all know that keywords INURL earn extra Ranking points with Google for sure.

      Originally Posted by LibbyC View Post

      1. Log in to your FB page
      2. Go to Edit Page (either under your profile pic or at the top right in the new version released today!)
      3. Navigate to Marketing -> Add a Like Box to Your Website
      4. Enter in the URL of your page*
      5. Change any other options you want (background, fan's faces, the 'stream' ie: your wall etc)
      6. Click on 'get code'
      7. Take the iFrame code and insert into your HTML code of your site, or if you're using WordPress just add a text widget and paste the code in there.

      Voila

      Let me know if you have problems.
      Libby

      ** NB: (if you haven't already you can choose a short URL by going here: Login | Facebook (you need more than 25 fans to do this)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346263].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Affportal
        Originally Posted by rrram2 View Post

        Also I see they let you set pages to usernames, this is a great idea!
        Make sure you are super careful to put in the name you want b/c once you make a change, even if it's a misspelling, you can't go back and change it a second time. It's in your "permanent record" :-)
        Signature

        AffPortal Niche Research & Campaign Development Tools - CLICK HERE >>

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3346333].message }}

Trending Topics