Here's How I TRIPLED My Income For 8 Months Straight Writting Articles & Emails -- 2 Secrets!

17 replies
SECRET #1: If you market your writing services at cheap prices, you will
ALWAYS get exactly what you ask and.."not a penny more".

I don't know people who jump at the opportunity to give you "more
than what you quoted". A LARGE portion of the money you make in
freelance is what YOU think your value ought to be.

Of course, it's not the only factor in deciding your market value...but
it is the biggest chunk of it -- about 75%. The other 25% is what the
market is willing to pay for your services and the potential value it
has to offer -- and here's the thing:

If you are a good writer, graphic designer, programmer, etc...you will
make far better than average -- that's the 25% working in your favor.

What STOPS most people from asking for more is that they themselves
don't precieve their work to be all that valuable -- instead, they see it
as another opportunity to make money "writing" for others.

Like a J-O-B. Not like a S-E-R-V-I-C-E.

If you don't know or recognize your own value, how can you expect
someone to take YOU seriously as a freelancer? Easy answer...

you CAN'T!

Sure, you can start off briefly at the bottom of the barrel...so you can
charge lower prices to get a feel on how the process works because
with the more money you ask, the BIGGER the responsibility you take
on and the better the quality of your work MUST be.

And off the record...I've seen GOOD articles written, even for myself.
Good enough to where I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5-$10 per
article I got...so why don't they ask for more?

I believe it's the responsibility of asking for more. If someone pays x
amount for work to be done, they would reasonably expect to be
working with one of the best...so, its the "pressure" of knowing...

"well, gee. If I ASK for more, I have to GIVE more. And if I GIVE more,
it better be up to the challenge of giving "my BEST"" -- unfortunately,
most writers run scared in the corner when they THINK about such a
challenge...what they DON'T know, is that it's worth stepping up to
the plate to be "better".

It FORCES you to grow beyond writing a few cheap $2 or $3 articles...
it MAKES you be better and gives you a whole new set of problems to
solve that come with higher prices and thinking on a bigger level...but
it's WORTH it!

And, not just financially, but mentally and personally.

MOST freelancers STOP and STAGNATE...like so many others here do,
and when you stop growing, you make far less money than you would
like to as others "just as scared and cowerdly as YOU" come into the
market.

Hence, less work for the mediocre. And MORE work for the EXPERTS.

So, don't believe the hype there's "not enough work". There's more
than enough for ME to handle and I don't even market and advertise
my services anymore...it's because they know my commitment to be
the best at what I do and it SHOWS in the finished product.

You must step up and be WILLING to challenge yourself to be better
which leads to my next secret....


SECRET #2: Learn how to SELL, MARKET, AND WRITE SALESCOPY!

We have a LOT of freelance writers on here, but very, VERY few good
copywriters.

I don't claim to be a professional copywriter by any means, but my
understanding of SALES is what allows me to secure big projects in
the hundreds of dollars PER CLIENT!

It's normal to get $200 - $500 writing jobs -- and I'm not talking about
back breaking (100 or 200 articles for $300). I write, literally, 10 - 30
articles at MOST -- and routinely get what I ask for because I VALUE
my work and what my writing can do for my client MORE than I value
the money I get.

When your clients can SEE, FEEL, and BELIEVE you will not budge for
anyone or lower your prices. When they KNOW you are unafraid to
charge a premium and even at higher market value than where they
can get it cheaper elsewhere, and when they know you aren't beg-
ging or desperate for work...

you'd be surprise how much money, how much work you get, and how
little time you'll have to GET to all the requests.

But it ALL came from learning COPY, SELLING, AND MARKETING!

You can ask for 5-10x MORE money if you work hard to understand
and learn how to write good copy...I call them "copyarticles". They
do more than just "inform" a reader, they SELL them to -- and clients
are willing to pay a LOT more for that service.

Also...

everyone get's inquires. The PROBLEM alot of writers here have is not
knowing how to close them because they're the classic article writer,
they EXPECT the potential client to simply "give them work" and take
the reigns of the deal and give them what they ask...

but this is NOT a f****king job!

If you ACT like an employee, that's what you will LOOK like to them...
nothing more than someone "looking for a job" -- not really helping
them by giving them ideas or ways to make money with their articles,
just wanting to TAKE money, write, and be done with 'em.

The "burger flipper" mentality will get you minimum wage pay, but if
you work hard to learn how to sell your potential prospects on the
idea of doing business with you, LEARN HOW TO FREAKIN' SELL!

They WANT you to! Yet, so many writers are too "passive" and needy.

They WANT someone to take the reigns and give them tips, advice, &
a sense of direction if you feel it'll help them make more money from
your writing ability.

They're looking for MORE than a writer. They want...

a CONSULTANT!

Someone NOT afraid to stick their neck out there and see what works,
come back, report it to them WITH the quote for your services...giving
them ideas to make them more money (Which is why they're hiring you
in the first place) will closely virtually 95% of ALL inquires you get and
will substantially reduce FLAKERS!

That...coupled with selling in the emails themselves without actually
hard-selling them on the idea of working with you...give them a dead
line...tell them you don't like "Wasting time". Tell them "they will have
to see another writer if they don't respond in 24-48 hours"...

...tell them in the emails, "WHAT your value is and what you will do for
THEM". Not "how much money YOU want out the deal".

Some potential clients will bluntly ask "how much do you charge" right
upfront.

Don't be silly and actually GIVE them what they want. They're price
shopping. Instead, tell them in the respond email, "it depends", but
first I want you to answer a few questions FIRST to 1. see if you
qualify for MY services and time and 2. Because I like to be thorough
in my research so I know how to deliver what YOU are looking for.

Again, take CHARGE of your service!

They will ALL respond and answer your questions because for the first
time (I promise you), someone steps up to the plate to give them MORE
than just a "plea bargain for work" -- they can SEE you're interested in
understand WHAT they want before throwing out a price.

Those are just a few of my secrets I used when I was doing freelance
writing heavily in the last 8-9 months.

My problem wasn't that I wasn't a good writer, it was that I was lack-
ing in leadership, sales, and marketing ability -- so I focused on impro-
ving that and suddenly I got more work than I could handle.

THIS is the making of good salesmanship AND good leadership. Show
your potential clients you "give a damn" and that, if you can emotionally
get them involved in YOU...you'll get $300-$500 projects like clockwork.

I did it all...the...time.

I don't anymore because I do a lot of my own projects and frankly, I
felt It was time for me to move one once I aced it to something bigger
where I don't do freelance work anymore -- but that experience gave
me the tools to get to where I'm at now.

But, even if you plan on writing as a PROFESSIONAL career, these tips
will serve you well in the future.

P.S. I know this thread is all over the place, but it's full of golden advice
you can pick and take action on and TRY yourself and see what
happens...

don't be scared to say "NO" to a client. Don't "negotiate price" with a
client". and do NOT be afraid to lose a client, even if you ARE on your
last dime -- it shows strength and chances are they'll want to hire you
anyway -- and if they don't...there is always someone out there willing
to meet your criteria and price before working with them.

That's it. I have a lot of work to get back to, Warriors. Enjoy!
#breakin #freelance #months #quadrupling #secrets #service #sweat #writing
  • Profile picture of the author Triggerkg
    Thanks for sharing and well done on your success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3394466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wendyloohoo67
    There is some excellent advice in this post. It's definitely given me a lot to think about as someone trying to break into writing. In my day job, I've been most successful and been given more responsibility when I've been willing to step up and stick my neck on the line. I think this definitely translates into any sort of freelance business. Thank you for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3394915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tedwood
    An insightful post. I guess I'm lucky to have leadership abilities, I'm never shy to walk away from clients and will never accept payment for less than I'm worth (I've been asked to write a 500 word article for £1.50 before ... shocking!). I think that when you're writing you have to believe that it's offering them value and is going to improve their business. I'm trying to break through on this forum by offering people writing services. I just hope they can see I'm a genuine guy that wants to help their business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3395144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim_Carter
    You are right about pricing.

    I wrote a post a long time ago - in the old forum called "Lower prices just make you less money".

    That is true in services and digital products. Don't sell at $7 when you can charge $37 and make more money.

    Same with services. Setting the price low means people think the value isn't there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3395227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BruceWood
      Originally Posted by Tim_Carter View Post

      You are right about pricing.

      I wrote a post a long time ago - in the old forum called "Lower prices just make you less money".

      That is true in services and digital products. Don't sell at $7 when you can charge $37 and make more money.

      Same with services. Setting the price low means people think the value isn't there.
      Excellently put. In any business venture, if your goal is to be cheapest, you'll have lots of competition making sure you don't make money.

      My motto for a long time has been "Stop Working For Pennies!"
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3401095].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
        Originally Posted by wendyloohoo67 View Post

        There is some excellent advice in this post. It's definitely given me a lot to think about as someone trying to break into writing. In my day job, I've been most successful and been given more responsibility when I've been willing to step up and stick my neck on the line. I think this definitely translates into any sort of freelance business. Thank you for sharing.
        Thx.

        It goes hand-n-hand. More risk you take, the more rewards you
        reap. There IS no way around it. It's when people THINK they're
        special and CAN find a way around it, that they find themselves...

        no where.

        Originally Posted by tedwood View Post

        An insightful post. I guess I'm lucky to have leadership abilities, I'm never shy to walk away from clients and will never accept payment for less than I'm worth (I've been asked to write a 500 word article for £1.50 before ... shocking!). I think that when you're writing you have to believe that it's offering them value and is going to improve their business. I'm trying to break through on this forum by offering people writing services. I just hope they can see I'm a genuine guy that wants to help their business.
        You can't "hope" they'll see your value. You have to step up and
        SHOW it to them!

        Too be blunt...you saying you have leadership abilities and then
        in the next sentence you're "hoping" someone will see your value,
        does not give me the impression of "leadership".

        Perhaps, you're somewhere in between a follower and a leader,
        but your words contradict your words of lesser value.

        Also, using words like "trying to break into..." is not actually DOING
        anything.

        Trying and DOING are 2 different words. One means IN-action. The
        other means ACTION.

        You have work to do. We all do. But, YOU do to get to where you
        want to go and get business...anywhere.

        Originally Posted by Tim_Carter View Post

        You are right about pricing.

        I wrote a post a long time ago - in the old forum called "Lower prices just make you less money".

        That is true in services and digital products. Don't sell at $7 when you can charge $37 and make more money.

        Same with services. Setting the price low means people think the value isn't there.
        Yea. I agree. I did a test on this and I've had the BEST experiences in
        business with people who pay MORE. They're 10x less picky. 10x less
        likely to nag.

        That's not to say you're product can't be worth as much as you charge.

        If you charge $25 per article and you write like a kindergarten, I don't
        care how confident you are in your writing ability, it's not worth more
        than $4 per article at BEST.
        Signature
        **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3401760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    Benjamin, you're absolutely right about pricing and valuing your work. If you yourself can't even see the value in what you're offering and decide to offer your services at a rock-bottom price, then that is all you'll get.

    Do not compete on price, but on quality. Pride yourself on doing good work and actually delivering real value (as opposed to a commodity) to the customer, and you'll get top dollar for your services. Think like a business owner, and banish those 'employee' thoughts from your mind, because the more you can think like a business owner, the more you'll get for the services that you provide.
    Signature
    >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3402185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulMark
    If you ACT like an employee, that's what you will LOOK like to them...
    nothing more than someone "looking for a job" -- not really helping
    them by giving them ideas or ways to make money with their articles,
    just wanting to TAKE money, write, and be done with 'em.
    That's so huge. The employee mentally it killing people in all niches. They are out there begging for business instead of positioning and deserving the business.
    Signature
    Just PM questions : Paul answers questions about rapid product creation, recurring revenue and creating online training programs. Mark answers questions about SEO, organic traffic, & local business marketing.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3402508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author schttrj
    Originally Posted by WhoIsBenjamin View Post

    SECRET #1: If you market your writing services at cheap prices, you will
    ALWAYS get exactly what you ask and.."not a penny more".

    I don't know people who jump at the opportunity to give you "more
    than what you quoted". A LARGE portion of the money you make in
    freelance is what YOU think your value ought to be.

    Of course, it's not the only factor in deciding your market value...but
    it is the biggest chunk of it -- about 75%. The other 25% is what the
    market is willing to pay for your services and the potential value it
    has to offer -- and here's the thing:

    If you are a good writer, graphic designer, programmer, etc...you will
    make far better than average -- that's the 25% working in your favor.

    What STOPS most people from asking for more is that they themselves
    don't precieve their work to be all that valuable -- instead, they see it
    as another opportunity to make money "writing" for others.

    Like a J-O-B. Not like a S-E-R-V-I-C-E.

    If you don't know or recognize your own value, how can you expect
    someone to take YOU seriously as a freelancer? Easy answer...

    you CAN'T!

    Sure, you can start off briefly at the bottom of the barrel...so you can
    charge lower prices to get a feel on how the process works because
    with the more money you ask, the BIGGER the responsibility you take
    on and the better the quality of your work MUST be.

    And off the record...I've seen GOOD articles written, even for myself.
    Good enough to where I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5-$10 per
    article I got...so why don't they ask for more?

    I believe it's the responsibility of asking for more. If someone pays x
    amount for work to be done, they would reasonably expect to be
    working with one of the best...so, its the "pressure" of knowing...

    "well, gee. If I ASK for more, I have to GIVE more. And if I GIVE more,
    it better be up to the challenge of giving "my BEST"" -- unfortunately,
    most writers run scared in the corner when they THINK about such a
    challenge...what they DON'T know, is that it's worth stepping up to
    the plate to be "better".

    It FORCES you to grow beyond writing a few cheap $2 or $3 articles...
    it MAKES you be better and gives you a whole new set of problems to
    solve that come with higher prices and thinking on a bigger level...but
    it's WORTH it!

    And, not just financially, but mentally and personally.

    MOST freelancers STOP and STAGNATE...like so many others here do,
    and when you stop growing, you make far less money than you would
    like to as others "just as scared and cowerdly as YOU" come into the
    market.

    Hence, less work for the mediocre. And MORE work for the EXPERTS.

    So, don't believe the hype there's "not enough work". There's more
    than enough for ME to handle and I don't even market and advertise
    my services anymore...it's because they know my commitment to be
    the best at what I do and it SHOWS in the finished product.

    You must step up and be WILLING to challenge yourself to be better
    which leads to my next secret....


    SECRET #2: Learn how to SELL, MARKET, AND WRITE SALESCOPY!

    We have a LOT of freelance writers on here, but very, VERY few good
    copywriters.

    I don't claim to be a professional copywriter by any means, but my
    understanding of SALES is what allows me to secure big projects in
    the hundreds of dollars PER CLIENT!

    It's normal to get $200 - $500 writing jobs -- and I'm not talking about
    back breaking (100 or 200 articles for $300). I write, literally, 10 - 30
    articles at MOST -- and routinely get what I ask for because I VALUE
    my work and what my writing can do for my client MORE than I value
    the money I get.

    When your clients can SEE, FEEL, and BELIEVE you will not budge for
    anyone or lower your prices. When they KNOW you are unafraid to
    charge a premium and even at higher market value than where they
    can get it cheaper elsewhere, and when they know you aren't beg-
    ging or desperate for work...

    you'd be surprise how much money, how much work you get, and how
    little time you'll have to GET to all the requests.

    But it ALL came from learning COPY, SELLING, AND MARKETING!

    You can ask for 5-10x MORE money if you work hard to understand
    and learn how to write good copy...I call them "copyarticles". They
    do more than just "inform" a reader, they SELL them to -- and clients
    are willing to pay a LOT more for that service.

    Also...

    everyone get's inquires. The PROBLEM alot of writers here have is not
    knowing how to close them because they're the classic article writer,
    they EXPECT the potential client to simply "give them work" and take
    the reigns of the deal and give them what they ask...

    but this is NOT a f****king job!

    If you ACT like an employee, that's what you will LOOK like to them...
    nothing more than someone "looking for a job" -- not really helping
    them by giving them ideas or ways to make money with their articles,
    just wanting to TAKE money, write, and be done with 'em.

    The "burger flipper" mentality will get you minimum wage pay, but if
    you work hard to learn how to sell your potential prospects on the
    idea of doing business with you, LEARN HOW TO FREAKIN' SELL!

    They WANT you to! Yet, so many writers are too "passive" and needy.

    They WANT someone to take the reigns and give them tips, advice, &
    a sense of direction if you feel it'll help them make more money from
    your writing ability.

    They're looking for MORE than a writer. They want...

    a CONSULTANT!

    Someone NOT afraid to stick their neck out there and see what works,
    come back, report it to them WITH the quote for your services...giving
    them ideas to make them more money (Which is why they're hiring you
    in the first place) will closely virtually 95% of ALL inquires you get and
    will substantially reduce FLAKERS!

    That...coupled with selling in the emails themselves without actually
    hard-selling them on the idea of working with you...give them a dead
    line...tell them you don't like "Wasting time". Tell them "they will have
    to see another writer if they don't respond in 24-48 hours"...

    ...tell them in the emails, "WHAT your value is and what you will do for
    THEM". Not "how much money YOU want out the deal".

    Some potential clients will bluntly ask "how much do you charge" right
    upfront.

    Don't be silly and actually GIVE them what they want. They're price
    shopping. Instead, tell them in the respond email, "it depends", but
    first I want you to answer a few questions FIRST to 1. see if you
    qualify for MY services and time and 2. Because I like to be thorough
    in my research so I know how to deliver what YOU are looking for.

    Again, take CHARGE of your service!

    They will ALL respond and answer your questions because for the first
    time (I promise you), someone steps up to the plate to give them MORE
    than just a "plea bargain for work" -- they can SEE you're interested in
    understand WHAT they want before throwing out a price.

    Those are just a few of my secrets I used when I was doing freelance
    writing heavily in the last 8-9 months.

    My problem wasn't that I wasn't a good writer, it was that I was lack-
    ing in leadership, sales, and marketing ability -- so I focused on impro-
    ving that and suddenly I got more work than I could handle.

    THIS is the making of good salesmanship AND good leadership. Show
    your potential clients you "give a damn" and that, if you can emotionally
    get them involved in YOU...you'll get $300-$500 projects like clockwork.

    I did it all...the...time.

    I don't anymore because I do a lot of my own projects and frankly, I
    felt It was time for me to move one once I aced it to something bigger
    where I don't do freelance work anymore -- but that experience gave
    me the tools to get to where I'm at now.

    But, even if you plan on writing as a PROFESSIONAL career, these tips
    will serve you well in the future.

    P.S. I know this thread is all over the place, but it's full of golden advice
    you can pick and take action on and TRY yourself and see what
    happens...

    don't be scared to say "NO" to a client. Don't "negotiate price" with a
    client". and do NOT be afraid to lose a client, even if you ARE on your
    last dime -- it shows strength and chances are they'll want to hire you
    anyway -- and if they don't...there is always someone out there willing
    to meet your criteria and price before working with them.

    That's it. I have a lot of work to get back to, Warriors. Enjoy!
    Offer value...Charge for it! = New 'Ryan Deiss' Model it seems.

    Freelancing has always been a business, NOT a job. Nice post reminding people NOT to give away their value for free. Goes in the world of dating too. Anyway, one thing, I would suggest, it's NOT what you charge for your service, BUT how you charge that matters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3402585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hammad
      Great sharing, there are other reason too to get enough back to get satisfied...
      and yes setting the price as worthy as it should be can also be your breaking point...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3403255].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hoenygrace30
        "If you don't know or recognize your own value, how can you expect
        someone to take YOU seriously as a freelancer? Easy answer..."

        I couldnt agree more. Everything must start with our selves. For me, to be successful in marketing you must believe in yourself, and believe in the product your selling! With that you have the motivation and the drive to convince others. And by giving out all you can in what you do, it would be others's or the ones paying for your service would come to know the true value in you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3403406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrBig
    Thanks For the Information ........

    Sharing is really Good ..

    keep On the Good Work ..
    Signature

    Looking for fast effective way to earn cash?
    Try http://masspmsender.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3403423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun to Write
    Great advice for all writers and service providers. Being confident in your ability to provide what you say you can is also key to getting paid more.
    Signature

    Focus+Smart Work+Persistence=Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3403792].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Doug Wakefield
      The most amazing thing happens when you price yourself higher and start believing in yourself...

      Complaints and nit picking seem to stop. It is like you flip a switch and everything just slows down.

      The problem with your points sits in the fact that many people who promote products on starting out as a ghostwriter tell you to price your services low to start. This may be good to get some early reviews, but it tends to stick you in that price point for fear of losing your customer list by increasing your prices.

      Truth be told, there are two ways to make more money with a service based industry.

      1 - Do more work

      2 - Charge more money

      Option 2 is much easier, but many people will pick the first to avoid any potential problems.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3403866].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
        Originally Posted by Doug Wakefield View Post

        The most amazing thing happens when you price yourself higher and start believing in yourself...

        Complaints and nit picking seem to stop. It is like you flip a switch and everything just slows down.

        The problem with your points sits in the fact that many people who promote products on starting out as a ghostwriter tell you to price your services low to start. This may be good to get some early reviews, but it tends to stick you in that price point for fear of losing your customer list by increasing your prices.

        Truth be told, there are two ways to make more money with a service based industry.

        1 - Do more work

        2 - Charge more money

        Option 2 is much easier, but many people will pick the first to avoid any potential problems.
        Right On.

        Complaints and nitpicking DOES stop...clients are easier and enjoyable to
        work with. It's difficult to "describe" how much easier it is to work with so-
        phisticated entrepreneurs instead of bottom feeders.

        One thing I will say about pricing services low, is that it should only be a
        START. If you're work doesn't justify a higher price, you should charge it
        as such -- and, if you sell it for anything MORE than what the quality of
        the content is...your clients will let you know.

        The trick is that you HAVE to push your prices BEYOND what YOU think
        it's worth to get true value of your work.


        There IS no "other way".

        In other words...you have no choice BUT to potentially "put off" clients (&
        some of your old ones) to "see what happens if I charge $5 more...how bout
        $10 more...how bout $15 more...and so on.

        I think most writers know this, but they ARE scared they will lose clientele
        (which they will)...what they DON'T know is that they'll get MORE clients
        who are more than happy to pay you more. You LOSE the cheap clients &
        you gain the wealthier more "successful" clients.

        Problem is...most people are comfortable settling in where they "started" at
        because the thought of losing a client -- even in return for a BIGGER client--
        is too much for them to bear.


        So, their FEAR overrides the SUCCESS and sense of accomplishment.

        It IS hard to imagine getting better quality clients when you THINK all you
        have are the ones you "got"...but it takes FAITH to act and GROW and move
        forward -- I DID that...and that is why it's so easy for ME to get $25-$30+ an
        article...and that's just from people in this forum where most people will tell
        ya' it's impossible to get projects at those prices.

        Truth is, I could charge MORE because I've proven my writing get's results
        for myself and other clients if I were still freelancing.

        Yes, it IS uncomfortable -- yet "liberating" when you too discover your worst
        fears will likely NEVER come true.
        When you KNOW your writing is up there
        with the best, the next and hardest part is BELIEVING your worth what you
        KNOW you already are -- and ASKING FOR IT!

        It's all a part of the game, and if you choose to stay on Level 1 -- you may as
        well quit.

        Anyways Doug, yea...I came at a point where I decided I wanted to make more
        and do less while keeping quality high -- and it was an interesting process.

        I still remember when I got a lump sum of almost $500 for a small project.

        It wasn't one of those "100 articles for $500" deals, it was like $500 for 30 or
        40 articles -- and it was the most fun I've had writing because I could breathe
        and not work myself to death.

        All I did was "quote a higher price I felt I would be happy with", and I got just
        that...in fact, the guy wasn't hesistant enough for me and happily offered to
        send that sum immediatly...in that moment, I thought I didn't charge enough.

        You WANT your clients to "hessitate" at your price so you know where the
        breaking point is. You WANT your clients to ask you more "questions" and
        get more info from you when you ask for more money. You WANT them to
        grill you a little before forking over more money than the average writer...

        because it proves you got balls, and you're a leader --

        If I could force some people to jump that cliff...

        they may discover that they can fly.
        Signature
        **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3406841].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex Copeland
          Couldn't agree more.

          I do IM full time now but was always a web and graphic designer and still do a lot of that sort of work because I enjoy it.

          I am guilty of charging too little at times, sometimes it is hard to see the monetary value in something you just enjoy doing anyway, but all this attracts are people who don't tend to be that serious about what they are asking you for.

          Because they are only chancing a small amount of money they seem to think it is ok to ask FAR more of you than someone that is paying a decent amount.

          I think the reason is that the person paying the larger amount has a stake in the outcome, they are paying you a larger amount of money because they believe you will get the job done at a good level without their input... that is why they are paying you....

          The lower end client has paid you less and therefore expects less... so they feel the need to chip in with advice, whether they have a clue or not!

          Great post.
          AC
          Signature

          Unleash Your Awesome - Pocket Ace Promotion

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JosephVi
    Great Advice.
    Thanks mate.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3408573].message }}

Trending Topics