Clickbank sales fluctuations

by jwiggens 10 replies
Have any of you Clickbank product owners out there ever had one of your product's sales inexplicably plummet?

One of my products has had a dramatic decrease in sales over the last couple of weeks and I'm baffled as to why. Traffic is consistent (if not higher) and all traffic sources remain the same.

No changes to sales page of any kind.

Literally, nothing has changed on my side but on this product I've gone from a 3-4 sales a day to 1 every couple of days.

Very strange and I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #clickbank #fluctuations #sales
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author kvnkane
    happens all the time, one week i earn $200 from one site next week nothing
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author simplebiz
      One thing I've noticed is that on my home computer, when I check my affiliate ID's for my sites everything appears to be ok until I follow it to the order page and at the bottom it shows [affiliate = none]. I've also checked other sites who are promoting the same products I am and it shows the same way, [affiliate = none]

      Now I've checked my sites from another computer and everything appears like its working properly.

      So does this mean that if I go to your site to order a product from my home computer and at the bottom of the screen it shows [affiliate = none], that you are not credited for the sale. Shore seems like it to me.

      I've sent an email to clickbank so if I hear something back I'll let you know.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425570].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bill_Z
        Originally Posted by jwiggens View Post

        Have any of you Clickbank product owners out there ever had one of your product's sales inexplicably plummet?

        One of my products has had a dramatic decrease in sales over the last couple of weeks and I'm baffled as to why. Traffic is consistent (if not higher) and all traffic sources remain the same.

        No changes to sales page of any kind.

        Literally, nothing has changed on my side but on this product I've gone from a 3-4 sales a day to 1 every couple of days.

        Very strange and I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight?
        Yes, sales always fluctuate. Ebb and flow

        Originally Posted by simplebiz View Post

        One thing I've noticed is that on my home computer, when I check my affiliate ID's for my sites everything appears to be ok until I follow it to the order page and at the bottom it shows [affiliate = none]. I've also checked other sites who are promoting the same products I am and it shows the same way, [affiliate = none]

        Now I've checked my sites from another computer and everything appears like its working properly.

        So does this mean that if I go to your site to order a product from my home computer and at the bottom of the screen it shows [affiliate = none], that you are not credited for the sale. Shore seems like it to me.

        I've sent an email to clickbank so if I hear something back I'll let you know.
        You might have clickbank.net set as an exception on your browser to not accept cookies. Check that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by jwiggens View Post

    Have any of you Clickbank product owners out there ever had one of your product's sales inexplicably plummet?

    One of my products has had a dramatic decrease in sales over the last couple of weeks and I'm baffled as to why. Traffic is consistent (if not higher) and all traffic sources remain the same.

    No changes to sales page of any kind.

    Literally, nothing has changed on my side but on this product I've gone from a 3-4 sales a day to 1 every couple of days.

    Very strange and I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight?
    It's the Internet. That's why you need multiple income sources. You can never rely on just one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jwiggens
    It's the Internet. That's why you need multiple income sources. You can never rely on just one.
    I couldn't agree more Will - I don't rely on just one, far from it. I do, however, notice when one of my streams takes a dip and always like to find the answer (if there is one).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by jwiggens View Post

      I couldn't agree more Will - I don't rely on just one, far from it. I do, however, notice when one of my streams takes a dip and always like to find the answer (if there is one).
      Yeah I knew you probably did, just like stating the obvious. Seriously though, you should always have a few account at any one time so if something like this happens, you can try purchasing your product using another account and see what happens.

      I read a post on this forum just yesterday where someone was complaining that none of their hoplinks were working properly. All of the order forms were showing [affiliate = none] even though they were clicking through on their own hoplinks. You just never know with Clickbank.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hotlinkz
    It's been happening to me for the past 19 years. Still, you may want to verify the integrity of your ClickBank account. Maybe create a $5 product, do a test buy and see if it registers. It'll cost a few bucks but a fair price for peace of mind.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425574].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jwiggens
      Originally Posted by hotlinkz View Post

      It's been happening to me for the past 19 years. Still, you may want to verify the integrity of your ClickBank account. Maybe create a $5 product, do a test buy and see if it registers. It'll cost a few bucks but a fair price for peace of mind.
      Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3425604].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics