WSO of the Day is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Warrior Forum

102 replies
I was a little disturbed to just see WarriorPlus send a message to Warriors promoting a WSO that has been banned and letting them know how to circumvent the ban.

So I thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that "WSO of the Day is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Warrior Forum." - as stated by WSO of the Day.

Normally, a great service. But the forum is not responsible for the WSOs or promotions of WSOs by anyone.
#affiliated #day #endorsed #forum #warrior #wso
  • Profile picture of the author edlewis
    Yeah...I saw that email pop into my Inbox too.

    Have to say I was a little surprised.

    Oh well, people can run their businesses however they want to, I guess.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
    Well to be honest, Mike left a bad taste in my mouth.

    I will be sure to get off the WSO of the day list.
    Signature

    “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447182].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
      Brian,

      Without commenting on the rest of the thing, I'll point out that Mike has made it clear with the second email that offers sent to his list no longer have to be WSOs to qualify.


      Paul
      Signature
      .
      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447210].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dpwilliams
        Makes me kind of suspicious of a recommendation that states "the screenshot may have been doctored" but the offer is good...

        Really now?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447499].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MerlynSanchez
          Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post

          Makes me kind of suspicious of a recommendation that states "the screenshot may have been doctored" but the offer is good...

          Really now?
          I wasn't expecting that so I had to read the email twice to see if it said what I thought it said!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447556].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author L41db4ck
            Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post

            Makes me kind of suspicious of a recommendation that states "the screenshot may have been doctored" but the offer is good...

            Made me think too!
            Signature

            Rgds, our password-named poster

            Google LOVES aged domains!
            Premium Aged Domains - - Make An Offer Now!


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447587].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
            Banned
            I wasn't bothered by that email. For all I know, the complaint that triggered the ban may have been mistaken.

            At any rate, if you read the testimonials on the WSO thread, it's obvious that the seller isn't scamming anyone.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447888].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tpw
              Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post

              I'm not on this mailing list, but have a question about this - what was the reason behind this product being banned? Simply because of the name of it?
              My understanding is that the PayPal screen shot was believed to be falsified.


              Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

              I wasn't bothered by that email. For all I know, the complaint that triggered the ban may have been mistaken.

              At any rate, if you read the testimonials on the WSO thread, it's obvious that the seller isn't scamming anyone.
              Have you ever heard of shills? Not saying that anyone was shilling THIS product... Just saying....
              Signature
              Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
              Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447907].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                Banned
                Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                My understanding is that the PayPal screen shot was believed to be falsified.
                Have you ever heard of shills? Not saying that anyone was shilling THIS product... Just saying....
                I actually bought from Jessica before (her Amazon wso, which is what set me on self-publishing in the first place), and I was happy with her product.

                Even now, I wouldn't think twice about buying this product. Jessica hasn't scammed me before, and I don't see any reason why she would suddenly do an about face now.

                I do know that Jessica got some hate over v2 of her Amazon wso because previous buyers didn't get the upgrade for free. :rolleyes:

                To me, it's more likely that the screenshot in question was simply poorly put together (e.g. when you can't fit all the transactions in one screen and make a mess of putting them together), or that someone has a grudge against Jessica.

                And if it was faked? That would be a little surprising yes. But I find that unlikely.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447952].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tpw
                  Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                  And if it was faked? That would be a little surprising yes. But I find that unlikely.

                  I honestly don't know if it was faked or not...

                  I am trusting in the people whose responsibility it was to make that determination.

                  As far as Jessica is concerned, if I had a previous good experience with her, I would probably not have any reservations about her current product. But, I had never heard of her until I went to buy her WSO today and found her banned...

                  It did cost her a sale and that is too bad...


                  But as others have pointed out, this thread isn't really about Jessica or her credibility, but instead it is about the way Mike handled the situation...
                  Signature
                  Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                  Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447989].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                    Banned
                    Well, I have had good experiences with her products and service in the past, so for what it's worth, you can count that as a vote of confidence for her.

                    Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                    I honestly don't know if it was faked or not...

                    I am trusting in the people whose responsibility it was to make that determination.

                    As far as Jessica is concerned, if I had a previous good experience with her, I would probably not have any reservations about her current product. But, I had never heard of her until I went to buy her WSO today and found her banned...

                    It did cost her a sale and that is too bad...
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448009].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author L41db4ck
              Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post


              At any rate, if you read the testimonials on the WSO thread, it's obvious that the seller isn't scamming anyone.
              Yes, testimonials prove that.....unless
              Signature

              Rgds, our password-named poster

              Google LOVES aged domains!
              Premium Aged Domains - - Make An Offer Now!


              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448082].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                Banned
                Originally Posted by L41db4ck View Post

                Yes, testimonials prove that.....unless
                Faked screenshot =/= scam. So unless someone posts and says "I didn't get what I paid for, this is a scam", then it isn't.

                I don't see why those reviews are invalid just because there might be a fake screenshot in the sales letter.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448099].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author L41db4ck
                  Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                  Faked screenshot =/= scam. So unless someone posts and says "I didn't get what I paid for, this is a scam", then it isn't.

                  I don't see why those reviews are invalid just because there might be a fake screenshot in the sales letter.
                  I didn't say the reviews are invalid, I'm just saying that the reviews are 'as valid or as invalid' as the screenshot.
                  Signature

                  Rgds, our password-named poster

                  Google LOVES aged domains!
                  Premium Aged Domains - - Make An Offer Now!


                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448175].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by L41db4ck View Post

                    I didn't say the reviews are invalid, I'm just saying that the reviews are as 'valid or as invalid' as the screenshot.
                    I disagree. If they were invalid, then it would be very obvious to the mods. Besides, the seller has no reason to fake reviews. She certainly didn't fake mine on her Amazon wso.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448182].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author L41db4ck
                      Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                      I disagree. If they were invalid, then it would be very obvious to the mods. Besides, the seller has no reason to fake reviews. She certainly didn't fake mine on her Amazon wso.
                      I didn't say she faked any reviews, did I? :confused: or screenshots for that matter..

                      I also bought the Amazon WSO
                      Signature

                      Rgds, our password-named poster

                      Google LOVES aged domains!
                      Premium Aged Domains - - Make An Offer Now!


                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448286].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Amber Jalink
                        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                        They are not invalid.

                        I was playing devil's advocate...

                        Like I suggested before, Mike decided that the faked screen shot did not invalidate the actual product either...

                        I must admit that I trust your testimony, but I am as yet undecided on the product. Had there not been a problem, I would already own it.
                        Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                        I know. It's hard to know what they could be about, could be facebook, stumbleupon, or something like that. I'm willing to bet there's a unique twist to it, so I would buy it, but I kinda lost interest in IM a while ago, so no point really.

                        I was reading this thread, and I thought I would step in. I don't review too many WSO's because a lot are garbage, even though I do buy them at different times.

                        However - I want to say something here if I may:

                        First - as for the screenshots being "faked" or changed - changed I can possibly see - myself I had an ad system running that was getting incredible click thru rates - I did a screenshot, and cut the lines out that were totally irrelevant (my ads, not client ads, so I didn't want them showing). In that instance people might have considered that I 'faked' it while I didn't, I simply edited. (That was a few years ago - now I just use my graphics editor to block out the lines).

                        And I can totally imagine how, if you're selling more than one thing, why would you want to show your entire paypal account screenshot of other payments coming in and out that are totally unrelated to the WSO you're showing?

                        Just my thoughts. Now, until Caleb explained, honestly I wouldn't have known that it was even edited/what to look for. (Thanks Caleb!)

                        But back to some remarks, I wanted to state:

                        First - Mike's Correction email today stated:
                        "But, what I DO know is that the reviews for this offer speak for themselves, and the product itself DEFINITELY outlines a valid system that does work. Because of that, I still recommend it."

                        Now I haven't tried "this" myself (yet) - but I DID buy it, and I DID research it, and yeah - I can TOTALLY see how she did it honestly. (Heck, I can see just by a little research what she did, others who are quickly following and making $ themselves with it).

                        It's totally legit.

                        And yes - I bought her Amazon product... and I got her second edition too.

                        I can't remember if she referenced this IN those two editions or if she told me privately by PM, but I DID know about this site what a year + ago when Jessica did the Amazon product?

                        And YES I can totally see (and she told me what she was selling) - that this product is legit.

                        But - hey, no problem, those who did get it will actually be able to earn more because of those who feel slighted.

                        I'm not in any way encouraging manipulation or scamming. I'm simply stating that this was likely just an unintended mistake in graphic editing, rather than an actual fake issue in THIS case, and I wouldn't blame Mike either for running the WSO or follow up.

                        While I don't know him personally, Mike usually suggests half decent products - there's a few that have been missed, and there have been some that weren't worth it, (at least not to me), but heck - there are so many WORSE products that are recommended by the so-called 'experts' who simply hop on the next product launch.

                        At least I can say that Mike doesn't do that, it's simply a service he provides to warriors - at the request of many warriors.


                        And to Joshua Rigley - nope, none of those sites

                        Amber
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448610].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Jason Fladlien
                          I think we should take Paul's advice and end speculation. Here is what I know (based on several of my coaching clients getting WSO of the day...)

                          Mike -- like me or anyone else who is smart -- largely picks his WSOs based on BOTH epc and quality. How do you determine quality? The easiest way is to read the REVIEWS first in the warrior forum as a screening process.

                          Then check out the product. That's why I do. That's what I've seen Mike do as well.

                          Like me, Mike doesn't have to request review copies of anything. People send him and beg him to review their stuff. Because a WSO of the day can make you a lot of money because Mike picks a lot of high quality stuff (in my opinion more so than any one else who makes WSO recommendations).

                          Do you have to TRY OUT and test every system before endorsing. No that's silly. There are things I recommend that I didn't first go through the whole system. Why? Well, it's stuff I USED to do years ago some of the time. Other times it's STUFF I do now but have no product.

                          Other times it's stuff I've never done, but that a LOT of my clients are doing and achieving success with - so I know the system is valuable.

                          I don't blame the cynics in these threads. Most marketing produces such cynacism because it is large on hype and little on substance. But I think Mike would be the wrong target to push your cynicism on.

                          BTW, if anyone is curious I wouldn't have promoted this product after I found out the deal on the fake screen shots and would've "ate crow" and admitted the mistake. But does that make me right and Mike wrong. No. There is no right and wrong here. It's what you feel is RIGHT for you to do.
                          Signature

                          Co-creator of WP Twin. Perhaps the most expensive yet most reliable wordress cloning tool on the market. We've definitely been used more successfully than all other options :)

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448816].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tpw
                  Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                  Faked screenshot =/= scam. So unless someone posts and says "I didn't get what I paid for, this is a scam", then it isn't.

                  I don't see why those reviews are invalid just because there might be a fake screenshot in the sales letter.

                  They are not invalid.

                  I was playing devil's advocate...

                  Like I suggested before, Mike decided that the faked screen shot did not invalidate the actual product either...

                  I must admit that I trust your testimony, but I am as yet undecided on the product. Had there not been a problem, I would already own it.
                  Signature
                  Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                  Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448183].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                    They are not invalid.

                    I was playing devil's advocate...

                    Like I suggested before, Mike decided that the faked screen shot did not invalidate the actual product either...

                    I must admit that I trust your testimony, but I am as yet undecided on the product.
                    From what I understand, it's about selling services of some kind (probably something to do with websites), and promoting this service using 3 different paid promotion methods (not adwords, but like it).

                    That's what I've gleaned from reading the Q&A posts. I've been at this for a while, so I probably already know what it's all about anyway.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448201].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author tpw
                      Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

                      From what I understand, it's about selling services of some kind (probably something to do with websites), and promoting this service using 3 different paid promotion methods (not adwords, but like it).

                      That's what I've gleaned from reading the Q&A posts. I've been at this for a while, so I probably already know what it's all about anyway.

                      I ditto that. I wasn't thinking about buying for the income opportunity, but for those three different promotion methods, to be honest.
                      Signature
                      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448219].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
                        Banned
                        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                        I ditto that. I wasn't thinking about buying for the income opportunity, but for those three different promotion methods, to be honest.
                        I know. It's hard to know what they could be about, could be facebook, stumbleupon, or something like that. I'm willing to bet there's a unique twist to it, so I would buy it, but I kinda lost interest in IM a while ago, so no point really.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Originally Posted by Mohammad Afaq View Post

      I will be sure to get off the WSO of the day list.
      Don't do that. It's a great service and one little hiccup over time is bound to occur. The email did say he was also on vacation. Mike's various services are wonderful.

      The point being there is no official forum sponsorship or endorsement. No special deal the forum is giving that seller, etc., and no one needs to contact me or anyone else complaining. Some believe the WSO of the Day is forum sponsored and this is a reminder it is not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Looking at the disappointment expressed by many people in this thread, it just goes to show that a lifetime of good service and reputation building can be compromised in a single email.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447591].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarkWrites
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Looking at the disappointment expressed by many people in this thread, it just goes to show that a lifetime of good service and reputation building can be compromised in a single email.
      Regardless of how this plays out and what *really* happened, that is a very important lesson that everyone can take from this.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Bill,

    Come on. It's 5 people, responding to a thread guaranteed to draw the attention of people who were disappointed with the message. That's hardly an avalanche.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447605].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Looking at the disappointment expressed by many people in this thread, it just goes to show that a lifetime of good service and reputation building can be compromised in a single email.
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      Bill,

      Come on. It's 5 people, responding to a thread guaranteed to draw the attention of people who were disappointed with the message. That's hardly an avalanche.


      Paul

      LOL... You will notice that I worded carefully... I am not quitting Mike's list...

      But if only one-in-ten speak up, there could be 50 upset people...

      Still not an avalanche yet for Mike...

      But for a new person that doesn't think these kinds of things through, losing 50 list members several times could end their Internet Marketing career prematurely.
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447686].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author edlewis
        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

        LOL... You will notice that I worded carefully... I am not quitting Mike's list...

        But if only one-in-ten speak up, there could be 50 upset people...

        Still not an avalanche yet for Mike...

        But for a new person that doesn't think these kinds of things through, losing 50 list members several times could end their Internet Marketing career prematurely.
        I'm not removing myself from Mike's list either...and I still think he's one of the nicer guys I've done business with on the WarriorForum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447704].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by edlewis View Post

          I'm not removing myself from Mike's list either...and I still think he's one of the nicer guys I've done business with on the WarriorForum.

          Just found the whole thing...uhhh....interesting, I guess.

          Interesting is a nice way of putting it...

          I was definitely surprised...

          I was ready to buy when I saw the poster had been banned, and I suspected this was from the previously mentioned fake screen shot...

          The offer really looked good, but why would anyone need to fake the documentation if the information was sound?

          Mistake? Maybe... I don't know...

          I did opt against the purchase, because the seller was no longer a respected member of the community...

          I can understand how Mike would have stuck to his guns, because he DID REVIEW the product before recommending it... And if he feels that the lack of reliable income proof is not reason enough to reverse his recommendation, then so be it...

          Sometimes the product is more reliable than the seller of the product, and I give him kudos for taking a position and sticking to it...
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447772].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dpwilliams
        I have only been on this list for a short time...maybe a month. I guess I was added the last time I purchased a WSO...because the names are so close I did think that there was an association.

        I actually came here to search around to see if there was an association after receiving the mentioned email and found this thread.

        The email concerned me because it just did not make sense to recommend a product to your list if there was a question concerning the doctoring of a paypal screenshot.

        And to state that the concerns were only about the screenshot and not the product itself just seemed odd.

        So I found this thread and it answered my question of association.

        I am not going to unsubscribe from this list yet...I have not formed an opinion of why someone would recommend a product knowing there was a question about the faking of a paypal screenshot.

        Could be a very good explanation...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author L41db4ck
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      Bill,

      Come on. It's 5 people, responding to a thread guaranteed to draw the attention of people who were disappointed with the message. That's hardly an avalanche.


      Paul
      No it's not, at least one of the people didn't know that "WSO of the Day is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Warrior Forum." - as stated by WSO of the Day.

      That was me! And I accept that's my fault.
      Signature

      Rgds, our password-named poster

      Google LOVES aged domains!
      Premium Aged Domains - - Make An Offer Now!


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447801].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dpwilliams
        Caleb,

        I'm not really sure what would have been better.

        Just seemed wrong.

        I guess when there is a question like this about any product it can do damage.

        Marketing is all about perception and I just perceived this as wrong.

        Perhaps I had this reaction because as I stated I have only been on the list for a short time and I don't have a history with WSO of the day?

        That's why I came here to check it out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Who knows, right now it's all speculation to drive attention to it. It would be fantastic to later be dropped with a video that shows indisputable proof about the WSO in question.

    Heck, for all we know the WSO could have been closed for a number of reasons:

    1) There were 2 people going at it in the thread. (Although not a very solid reason to close the WSO instead of just deleting those 3 threads)

    2) Maybe they are looking into a lot of the comments in the thread coming from users with 6 or 30 posts. (Newer warriors) to increase the views.

    Whatever the reason I'm sure Mike had no plans to sabotage his list. heck that would make my day if they came out with a video like I mentioned earlier to show actual proof of the income claim.

    Have a nice day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      Who knows, right now it's all speculation to drive attention to it.
      What part is speculation? The seller was banned for using falsified screenshots of their PayPal earnings.

      Who would be driving attention to it? You're saying that the mods here are in collusion with both the WSO seller and Mike Lantz to create a buzz for the WSO? I know you're not saying that, so I'm confused...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447666].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

        What part is speculation? The seller was banned for using falsified screenshots of their PayPal earnings.

        Who would be driving attention to it? You're saying that the mods here are in collusion with both the WSO seller and Mike Lantz to create a buzz for the WSO? I know you're not saying that, so I'm confused...
        Well it was the email was worded using language like "it appears"... "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not" is what lead me to believe no one knows for sure.

        And no I'm not saying the mods are in on it at all but it could have been closed due to another reason entirely and just be spun under a different light by using uncommitted language to justify some sort of speculation that's not too damaging.

        You see this can all be fixed later with a simple proof video. Right now everyone is talking and speculating. They drew attention to the screenshot but we are still not aware of the exact reason this was closed.

        See what I mean?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    When did Mike start using that label again?

    IMHO It's done to purposely mislead people into thinking it is directly associated w/ the forum/Allen. Much like WSO affiliate programs.

    Garrie
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
    This WSO was not bad at all. I got a review copy and I think it was a very valid system however she said that she had to touch up the payment screenshot to get out a number from a payment that was not relating to this program she offerss.
    Signature

    Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
    Invest in domains without the hard work !
    Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447674].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Taylor
      Originally Posted by FreshDomains View Post

      This WSO was not bad at all. I got a review copy and I think it was a very valid system however she said that she had to touch up the payment screenshot to get out a number from a payment that was not relating to this program she offerss.
      I don't know about the original wso thread but when did she make that statement...after she was caught?
      Signature

      Ask...Because you never stop learning.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Hey,

    I think Mike is a very honest man... For those of you who haven't messed with Javascript, and played around with the way a site looks, you wouldn't be able to tell that the screen shot was fake.

    The key noticable point is that when this "tool" is used, the text turns blue, if she was trying to blank out names, why not just use delete in paint?

    TO be honest, I do think mike is a good guy for being honest about questions being raised, and he still stood behind the product, which just goes to show that even though the seller has done something wrong, mike isn't blaming things, and saying the product sucks. He still stands behind what he said.

    He picks a wso almost 365 days a year... Everybody is bound to make a mistake.

    Caleb
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Folks... Stop speculating, please. It accomp0lishes nothing except to drive more speculation. Which almost always ends up crafting odd stuff that's much worse than what actually happened.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

    I was a little disturbed to just see WarriorPlus send a message to Warriors promoting a WSO that has been banned and letting them know how to circumvent the ban.

    So I thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that "WSO of the Day is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Warrior Forum." - as stated by WSO of the Day.

    Normally, a great service. But the forum is not responsible for the WSOs or promotions of WSOs by anyone.
    It doesn't matter to me who the parties are. It's irrelevant.

    I was looking for clarification on the "circumventing". IF it's a way of showing people how to circumvent the TOS of the WF, then I think that is very low, and questionable. I have seen people dealt with for going against the TOSs of other sites.

    However, I am NOT saying this is what happened in this case, but it does make me curious about what is meant by "circumventing".

    Also, someone commented that the site owner is on vacation, well...sorry, but what does that have to do with anything? My name goes on something, then I'M responsible. Right?

    (Again, I don't have a dog in this fight, and who the person is doesn't matter to me. Just looking for some clarification.)

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Paul,

    Folks... Stop speculating, please. It accomp0lishes nothing except to drive more speculation. Which almost always ends yup crafting odd stuff that's much worse than what actually happened.


    Paul
    Hate to be a wombat, but I think it's the first time I've ever saw you make a spelling mistake..

    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

    Normally, a great service. But the forum is not responsible for the WSOs or promotions of WSOs by anyone.
    I think its still a great service, surving its purpose, to notify people of HOT WSOs.

    I think we gotta remember how the WSO is chosen in the first place. How was Mike supposed to know that the screenshots were fake (or said to be fake)? He suggested this based on social proof. THe stats were good. It caught the attention of Warriors/WF visitors.

    I was very dumbfounded to find the WSO of the day's creator to be banned, but I was very happy to find Mike's explanation shortly after.

    I'm glad someone put up a post about this matter, I myself was too chicken to speak on it, but obviously its caught the attention of a lot of people. Kindsvater, you're officially my hero :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Bill,

    Sometimes the product is more reliable than the seller of the product, and I give him kudos for taking a position and sticking to it...
    Si Senor, that is why I like Mike, he sticks to his guns.

    I finally agree with you on something,

    Caleb
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen

    I am not going to unsubscribe from this list yet...I have not formed an opinion of why someone would recommend a product knowing there was a question about the faking of a paypal screenshot.
    Would it have been better for him to say, "well sorry, I made a mistake, the screenshots fake, don't buy this".. Or for him to say, "i reviewed the product and it's a good product".

    He's just trying to show people that he doesn't just pick every wso under the sun, without making sure its good stuff
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447794].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      Would it have been better for him to say, "well sorry, I made a mistake, the screenshots fake, don't buy this".. Or for him to say, "i reviewed the product and it's a good product".

      He's just trying to show people that he doesn't just pick every wso under the sun, without making sure its good stuff
      It would be better to eat crow than to say "it's still good."

      Unless Mike has actually used the method multiple times, he can't really provide an honest review. All he can say is that it sounds like it could work.

      -g
      Signature
      Screw You, NameCheap!
      $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

      SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarkWrites
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      Would it have been better for him to say, "well sorry, I made a mistake, the screenshots fake, don't buy this".. Or for him to say, "i reviewed the product and it's a good product".

      He's just trying to show people that he doesn't just pick every wso under the sun, without making sure its good stuff
      There was a third option too, he could've said that "it appears to be a valid product and it may work quite well for some people, but because of possible deception in the listing, I can no longer recommend it."
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449423].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        I wondered how long this sort of comment would take to surface...
        How do we know this isn't some ploy to get back at Jessica for something?
        Does someone have an axe to grind?
        I handled this. If you think I jumped to any conclusions, or had any "axe to grind," ask Jessica. She will, I would hope, correct that misinterpretation.

        I don't think it's necessary or appropriate for me to get into the details of the situation. I will simply remind you of something I have said many times: Banned only means banned. Do NOT try to interpret anything beyond that, because you will almost always arrive at a wrong conclusion.

        As for Mike Lantz... He told the whole truth based on his knowledge of the situation. He neither exaggerated it nor did he play it down. He acted according to his own best judgment, based on the information he had to work with.

        There have been comments attributed to Jessica in this thread which do not match up with what she said directly to me. I may ask her about those at some point, or I may just write them off to 3rd party confusion. Regardless, the fact remains that Mike said everything he knew, and invented nothing. Whether you agree with his choice of action is up to you, but he played it straight. He took what he knew might be an unpopular action, but he didn't bend the truth - at all - in the process.

        Like the decision or not, but respect the fact that he played it straight.


        Paul
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449604].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

          As for Mike Lantz... He told the whole truth based on his knowledge of the situation. He neither exaggerated it nor did he play it down. He acted according to his own best judgment, based on the information he had to work with.

          There have been comments attributed to Jessica in this thread which do not match up with what she said directly to me. I may ask her about those at some point, or I may just write them off to 3rd party confusion. Regardless, the fact remains that Mike said everything he knew, and invented nothing. Whether you agree with his choice of action is up to you, but he played it straight. He took what he knew might be an unpopular action, but he didn't bend the truth - at all - in the process.

          Like the decision or not, but respect the fact that he played it straight.


          Paul

          If we were to put ourselves in Mike's shoes, would we have done similar or different?

          If I was in his shoes, and I had reviewed the product in advance and believed in the product, I would have probably taken the same choice he did.

          The only thing I would have done differently is to phrase the email somewhat differently, but that is more personal style than anything.


          p.s. Of course, football is a much easier game to play when you are a Monday Morning Quarterback...
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christian Little
    I'm not on this mailing list, but have a question about this - what was the reason behind this product being banned? Simply because of the name of it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post

      I'm not on this mailing list, but have a question about this - what was the reason behind this product being banned? Simply because of the name of it?
      Apparently someone thought one of the screenshots was faked. I don't know if this is true or not, as I'm not an expert of screenshots.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post

      I'm not on this mailing list, but have a question about this - what was the reason behind this product being banned? Simply because of the name of it?
      That's the funny part... it's all speculation at this point. No one knows for sure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Well it was the email and how it was worded using language like "it appears"... "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not" is what lead me to believe no one knows for sure, why this was closed...

    I'm not saying the mods are in on it at all but it could have been closed due to another reason entirely and just be spun under a different light by using uncommitted language to justify some sort of speculation that's not too damaging.

    You see this can all be fixed later with a simple proof video (If it were in fact the screen shot). Right now everyone is talking and speculating. They drew attention to the screenshot but we are still not aware of the exact reason this was closed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447914].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      Well it was the email and how it was worded using language like "it appears"... "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not" is what lead me to believe no one knows for sure, why this was closed...

      I'm not saying the mods are in on it at all but it could have been closed due to another reason entirely and just be spun under a different light by using uncommitted language to justify some sort of speculation that's not too damaging.

      You see this can all be fixed later with a simple proof video (If it were in fact the screen shot). Right now everyone is talking and speculating. They drew attention to the screenshot but we are still not aware of the exact reason this was closed.
      Please review Ken's post below... It does not seem to imply any speculation at all...


      Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

      What part is speculation? The seller was banned for using falsified screenshots of their PayPal earnings.
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447933].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Doug Wakefield
        No speculation as to the reason for it being canned.

        The sad part is the product was pretty good. She had a good enough reputation to have no need to do this either, which makes it worse.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447977].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Doug Wakefield View Post

          No speculation as to the reason for it being canned.

          The sad part is the product was pretty good. She had a good enough reputation to have no need to do this either, which makes it worse.
          Only if she actually did it. You're right, she had no reason to fake a screenshot, so why would she? How do we know this isn't some ploy to get back at Jessica for something?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447992].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ake-prove.html

            I don't know for a fact this is the same WSO discussed in the link above - but I think that's the case. Paul explains it - at least as much as we need to know about it.

            I don't know how the WSO of the day is chosen - it may be by rep or by drawing. But in this case I think the email was set before the problem was found - that's not Mike's fault.

            I do agree with the OP that many newer members believe the WSO of the day is a recommendation from the WF. Good to be reminded sometimes that it's something different.

            kay
            Signature

            Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dpwilliams
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      Well it was the email and how it was worded using language like "it appears"... "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not" is what lead me to believe no one knows for sure, why this was closed...

      I'm not saying the mods are in on it at all but it could have been closed due to another reason entirely and just be spun under a different light by using uncommitted language to justify some sort of speculation that's not too damaging.

      You see this can all be fixed later with a simple proof video (If it were in fact the screen shot). Right now everyone is talking and speculating. They drew attention to the screenshot but we are still not aware of the exact reason this was closed.
      I agree that part of it can be fixed the part about the fake screenshot...maybe it can be proved it was not a fake...

      But what about the question of an email that explains a way around the WSO banning with an alternate way to purchase the product.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447957].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post

        I agree that part of it can be fixed the part about the fake screenshot...maybe it can be proved it was not a fake...

        But what about the question of an email that explains a way around the WSO banning with an alternate way to purchase the product.
        It's not about a way around the WSO being banned. WSO of the day has no affiliation with the Warrior Forum, it's just another advertising platform. Just because it gets banned in the forum does not mean it cannot be sold somewhere else...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447970].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
        Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post

        I agree that part of it can be fixed the part about the fake screenshot...maybe it can be proved it was not a fake...
        Seller admited it was. Said to remove money not using the method...
        But what about the question of an email that explains a way around the WSO banning with an alternate way to purchase the product.
        The ban was for advertising the WSO. WSO Pro isnt associated w/ the forum and can sell what it likes. They simply told people how to order since the sales letter was gone.

        -g
        Signature
        Screw You, NameCheap!
        $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

        SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447998].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author niffybranco
        Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post

        I agree that part of it can be fixed the part about the fake screenshot...maybe it can be proved it was not a fake...

        But what about the question of an email that explains a way around the WSO banning with an alternate way to purchase the product.
        The WSO is a special offer for warriors it does not mean the product cannot be sold elsewhere, If you are on the WSO of the day list you are on Mike's list and not the warrior forums list. That being said if Mike decides to send out an email to his list saying a product which was available on the warrior forum is no longer available there, but you can still purchase it here i see no problem with that.

        Cause a product was banned from the WSO section does not mean it cannot be promoted elsewhere .

        Mike goes on to say

        "It looks like there is a little controversy surrounding today's offer, causing the buy button to be removed from the WSO post. Read on for the details, and how you can still grab this if you want..."

        "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not - that is something only Jessica knows for sure. But, what I DO know is that the reviews for this offer speak for themselves, and the product itself DEFINITELY outlines a valid system that does work. Because of that, I still recommend it."

        The guy thinks its a good product and has recommended it , I think the only people that can critique the product are people that bought.

        If it is a good system that people recommended then I want to know about it, besides there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

        Judging from the reviews the program seems to be legit , until someone comes out and can prove the system is a scam it would be unfair to point fingers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463552].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
          Originally Posted by niffybranco View Post

          The WSO is a special offer for warriors it does not mean the product cannot be sold elsewhere, If you are on the WSO of the day list you are on Mike's list and not the warrior forums list. That being said if Mike decides to send out an email to his list saying a product which was available on the warrior forum is no longer available there, but you can still purchase it here i see no problem with that.

          Cause a product was banned from the WSO section does not mean it cannot be promoted elsewhere .

          Mike goes on to say

          "It looks like there is a little controversy surrounding today's offer, causing the buy button to be removed from the WSO post. Read on for the details, and how you can still grab this if you want..."

          "I won't claim to know if the screenshot itself was faked or not - that is something only Jessica knows for sure. But, what I DO know is that the reviews for this offer speak for themselves, and the product itself DEFINITELY outlines a valid system that does work. Because of that, I still recommend it."

          The guy thinks its a good product and has recommended it , I think the only people that can critique the product are people that bought.

          If it is a good system that people recommended then I want to know about it, besides there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

          Judging from the reviews the program seems to be legit , until someone comes out and can prove the system is a scam it would be unfair to point fingers.
          You are failing to see that Mike is giving out his affiliate link to the product which was closed. If you purchase said WSO, you are not doing so through another site, but through an affiliate link which links to the actual WSO. Also, WSO of the Day are only products being promoted that are being offered as a WSO. He is not promoting products from other websites whether they are being offered here as well. He is solely promoting WSO's from this very site.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463577].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author niffybranco
            Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

            You are failing to see that Mike is giving out his affiliate link to the product which was closed. If you purchase said WSO, you are not doing so through another site, but through an affiliate link which links to the actual WSO. Also, WSO of the Day are only products being promoted that are being offered as a WSO. He is not promoting products from other websites whether they are being offered here as well. He is solely promoting WSO's from this very site.
            I know he is giving out his affiliate link, I would be stupid to expect an internet marketer on an internet marketing forum not to include his affiliate link in recommendation he sends me.

            Now the product was not closed, it was the thread that the product was advertised on that was closed.

            The affiliate link mike sends are to a products that, people have decided to promote using warrior plus and are being offered at a discount to warrior forum members and if he so decides to promote the product he can recommend it to people on his list.

            Products advertised as a WSO are not exclusive to the warrior forum , warriors just get a better deal if the product is advertised elsewhere as well.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463637].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
              Originally Posted by niffybranco View Post

              I know he is giving out his affiliate link, I would be stupid to expect an internet marketer on an internet marketing forum not to include his affiliate link in recommendation he sends me.

              Now the product was not closed, it was the thread that the product was advertised on that was closed.

              The affiliate link mike sends are to a products that, people have decided to promote using warrior plus and are being offered at a discount to warrior forum members and if he so decides to promote the product he can recommend it to people on his list.

              Products advertised as a WSO are not exclusive to the warrior forum , warriors just get a better deal if the product is advertised elsewhere as well.
              No the product was not closed but the thread was as you stated. But the Buy button had been removed which means if there were any other people promoting the product via affiliate links, they wouldn't be making a sale as there is no way to purchase it. Mike on the otherhand has the ability to promote any WSO he pleases when someone selling a product as a WSO and chooses to use WSO Pro as well and select "JV w/ WarriorPlus". If that option is selected and the WSO thread has been closed and the Buy button removed Mike is the only person able to promote said product.

              Do you see the advantage he has in that scenario?

              If the thread has been closed and the Buy button removed, nobody should be able to promote it.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463679].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author niffybranco
                Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

                No the product was not closed but the thread was as you stated. But the Buy button had been removed which means if there were any other people promoting the product via affiliate links, they wouldn't be making a sale as there is no way to purchase it. Mike on the otherhand has the ability to promote any WSO he pleases when someone selling a product as a WSO and chooses to use WSO Pro as well and select "JV w/ WarriorPlus". If that option is selected and the WSO thread has been closed and the Buy button removed Mike is the only person able to promote said product.

                Do you see the advantage he has in that scenario?

                If the thread has been closed and the Buy button removed, nobody should be able to promote it.
                I see the advantage he has and he only has that advantage not because he is an unethical guy , but because he is a smart marketer he found a need for a payment system for WSO he fulfilled the need by selling access to warrior plus and he built a list by using the WSO of the day concept (pure genius).

                Also if you are a warrior plus affiliate you can promote the same product as well.

                Mike has positioned himself as the market leader when it comes to handling WSO payments and analytics and if he decides to take full advantage of that by promoting products that were listed via warrior plus to his list of people interested in WSO's and internet marketing products, personally I see nothing wrong with it your opinion may differ.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    Well I am on the mailing list and I will not be leaving just because of one questionable email, (it is sort of surprising as others have expressed,) I usually do look over offers and have in the past purchased several WSOs that were recommended.

    I did not purchase this one, simply because I believe that respecting the TOS of the WF is more important than making a short term profit, at issue as others have also said it that one of the things that has made the WSO forum so good in the past has been that products are provided by the product producers, which eliminates the middle man. This usually creates a beneficial relationship where buyers and sellers can interact in a way that allows a seller to test the market and develop good products at the same time.

    It is good to be able to openly discuss what is expected in a good WSO both from a sellers perspective as well as a buyers, expectation.
    Signature
    Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    My next question would be how does someone know just by looking at the screenshot that it might have been faked? I'm looking at it right now and cannot see what others may be seeing. Does someone have an axe to grind?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3447999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      My next question would be how does someone know just by looking at the screenshot that it might have been faked? I'm looking at it right now and cannot see what others may be seeing. Does someone have an axe to grind?
      You can tell by looking at the pixels.

      It's possible the screenshot that is believed to be fake may have been removed along with the "buy now" button.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448012].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

        You can tell by looking at the pixels.

        It's possible the screenshot that is believed to be fake may have been removed along with the "buy now" button.
        But just because the pixels may be wonky just might mean someone can't take good screenshots. When you shrink an object from the original size it tends to go all wonky if you don't know what you are doing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448023].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

          But just because the pixels may be wonky just might mean someone can't take good screenshots. When you shrink an object from the original size it tends to go all wonky if you don't know what you are doing.
          I know. I was being sarcastic. And you make a good point. Not all image editing software is created equal. I often use paint, and the quality of the images tend to be poor. If I were to use paint for editing a screenshot, it could look fake because of the quality.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448048].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author reg45
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      My next question would be how does someone know just by looking at the screenshot that it might have been faked? I'm looking at it right now and cannot see what others may be seeing. Does someone have an axe to grind?
      It's easy if you know what to look for and video earnings proof can be easily faked too.

      The sellers usually blame their faked screenshots on their "graphics guy" :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Lets face it. Mike does not have the time to go through each and every WSO of the day and review the product properly. If he were to review them properly it would involve him going through the entire product, implementing the ideas, and reporting on his results.

    I would think the WSO of the day has more to do with what is selling best or has a higher EPC at the time. As someone else mentioned, it is just an advertising platform at the end of the day. But I thought we all knew that...?

    These are more recommendations, not reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448028].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      Lets face it. Mike does not have the time to go through each and every WSO of the day and review the product properly. If he were to review them properly it would involve him going through the entire product, implementing the ideas, and reporting on his results.
      Will, I agree that is what should be the situation, but disagree that is for certain what actually happens.

      Here is a statement in the email today:
      "[T]he product itself DEFINITELY outlines a valid system that does work."
      I could list many statements like that sent out in the daily messages. Maybe Mike is buying and implementing all the WSO's, but as you say, "lets face it" ....

      For what should be obvious reasons the forum cannot be responsible statements like that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen

    I could list many statements like that sent out in the daily messages. Maybe Mike is buying and implementing all the WSO's, but as you say, "lets face it" ....
    They all use WSO Pro, so he has access to the downloads
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448139].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      They all use WSO Pro, so he has access to the downloads
      Doesn't mean he can legally look at them.

      I'm pretty sure it goes like this:

      1. Look at stats to pick a few.
      2. Look at sales letter.
      3. Email seller about a JV and review copy (last part is agains WF rules)
      4. Send promo email.

      -g
      Signature
      Screw You, NameCheap!
      $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

      SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      They all use WSO Pro, so he has access to the downloads
      Having access to the downloads is not the problem. All I am saying is if you want to give a good review of a product then usually that entails going through all the product and implementing some of the ideas... well thats how I would do it anyway.

      Obviously when you are recommending a new product every day of the week it is very hard to do that - I would even go as far as to say impossible given the size and amount of information included in a lot of these WSO's. No one is saying Mike is wrong for not going through the products thoroughly and giving a more substantial review. As I said, you would be naive to think otherwise.

      These are recommendations not reviews.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
    For me personally I can't understand how Mike could promote said WSO when the member has been banned and there is speculation about the screenshots being fake. How would you feel if a big named guru was caught out in a product launch and his site was taken down, but an affiliate was still promoting the product to you? To me, it speaks of greed.

    *I can tell you now that the screenshot in said WSO thread is a fake. She has used javascript to edit the prices. You can tell this because when you use javascript on any given web page, certain areas become blue. Blue text in this case means javascript is being used live when the screenshot was taken*
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448905].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
      Banned
      Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

      For me personally I can't understand how Mike could promote said WSO when the member has been banned and there is speculation about the screenshots being fake. How would you feel if a big named guru was caught out in a product launch and his site was taken down, but an affiliate was still promoting the product to you? To me, it speaks of greed.

      *I can tell you now that the screenshot in said WSO thread is a fake. She has used javascript to edit the prices. You can tell this because when you use javascript on any given web page, certain areas become blue. Blue text in this case means javascript is being used live when the screenshot was taken*
      And I can tell you that Mike is many things, but greedy is not one of them. I can also tell you that, fake screenshot or not, Jessica is legit. As are her products. Just read the detailed review by dimeco in this thread about the product of this discussion.

      And why would she fake a screenshot anyway? Or use Javascript to fake it? It would be easy to fake a screenshot without any javascript.

      Sorry, I don't care what you say. I'm giving Jessica and Mike the benefit of the doubt on this one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449245].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
        Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

        And I can tell you that Mike is many things, but greedy is not one of them. I can also tell you that, fake screenshot or not, Jessica is legit. As are her products. Just read the detailed review by dimeco in this thread about the product of this discussion.

        And why would she fake a screenshot anyway? Or use Javascript to fake it? It would be easy to fake a screenshot without any javascript.

        Sorry, I don't care what you say. I'm giving Jessica and Mike the benefit of the doubt on this one.
        You know Mike on a personal level now do you? I'm saying greed IS the reason why he promoted said WSO, but it sure gives of the impression.

        Hell knows why she decided to use a fake screenshot as all reviews seemed very positive, but I can tell you that the current screenshot in the WSO is 100% fake. Test it yourself if you like. Log in to your PayPal account and see if any of the main text is blue in color instead of black. I can tell you right now that without javascript there will be no blue text.

        Jessica and her products may be legit, but in this particular case she chose to fake a screenshot. I don't know or care why, but the fact remains that she did.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449586].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
          Banned
          Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

          You know Mike on a personal level now do you?
          Actually, I do. We're not best friends, but I've talked with him often enough to know he is not a greedy person.
          I'm saying greed IS the reason why he promoted said WSO, but it sure gives of the impression.
          And I'm saying you're dead wrong about this.

          Hell knows why she decided to use a fake screenshot as all reviews seemed very positive, but I can tell you that the current screenshot in the WSO is 100% fake. Test it yourself if you like. Log in to your PayPal account and see if any of the main text is blue in color instead of black. I can tell you right now that without javascript there will be no blue text.

          Jessica and her products may be legit, but in this particular case she chose to fake a screenshot. I don't know or care why, but the fact remains that she did.
          Maybe it is, maybe it is. I agree with you on one point: I also do not know neither do I care if she indeed intentionally used a fake screenshot, or if the screenshot is not actually fake, but a result of some image editing software, or some other simple mistake.

          I don't see what difference a faked screenshot makes. It raises an eyebrow, certainly, but nothing more than that. It doesn't change the fact that Jessica keeps her promises made in her sales letters. I know this from personal experience.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449657].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
            Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

            Actually, I do. We're not best friends, but I've talked with him often enough to know he is not a greedy person.

            And I'm saying you're dead wrong about this.


            Maybe it is, maybe it is. I agree with you on one point: I also do not know neither do I care if she indeed intentionally used a fake screenshot, or if the screenshot is not actually fake, but a result of some image editing software, or some other simple mistake.

            I don't see what difference a faked screenshot makes. It raises an eyebrow, certainly, but nothing more than that. It doesn't change the fact that Jessica keeps her promises made in her sales letters. I know this from personal experience.
            This is the one thing that I always have trouble with, and that is not just you, and I'm not attacking you or anyone in particular, think they know people they talk to through forums, PM, Instant Messenger, Email, etc. Unless you have actually met a person face-to-face and had some meet ups with them, you can never really know if what they are telling you is true or not. Everyone one of us on here could be taking on a different personality for some god only knows reason. We may think we know someone who we talk to through the Internet, but we truly don't unless we have constant interaction with them.

            A fake screenshot simply says that the person who uses it has something to hide. What that is, we may never know in this case.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449729].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
              Banned
              Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

              A fake screenshot simply says that the person who uses it has something to hide. What that is, we may never know in this case.
              I can think of a reason. If the prices are edited, it may be that they were originally priced low so that sales could be generated quickly just to show that it can work. Then the prices would have been adjusted to show what the reader could achieve.

              Just a wild guess. I'd prefer to hear directly from Jessica though.

              And about the other thing, you're right. You can't know a person well if you can't talk to them face to face, but even if you do, that's no guarantee.

              If Mike was greedy, he'd charge much more for WSO Pro, and would have pushed to have made it mandatory to sell WSO's (Allen himself said he almost did this because WSO Pro is that good).

              For me, it's just logic. He's taken the time to talk with me and answer my questions, even though I'm not a customer.

              Based on what I've seen of him so far, I don't see greed.

              I just re-read the email sent, and I don't see anything wrong with it. From what I could tell, Mike was simply providing a means to let people purchase the WSO, and letting them know why they couldn't in the first place.

              As Paul said, he played it straight.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
    The only problem here is that I am too light skinned (and yes I admit that's a personal problem).

    Now when mike sent out an email saying that the WSO seller was banned but the reviews are amazing and the product is legit, it felt to me as if all he cared about was making his money.

    It felt to me as if he sent out the offer already and now people can't buy it because the buy now button is removed and he can't make his money for the day so he is sending out an email with a link to buy the product regardless of the fact that the WSO seller was banned.

    Am I right? Maybe, maybe not.

    But that's the first thing that came to my mind and a lot of time it is hard to convince oneself I am taking Big Mike's advice though and I am trying to convince myself that he is doing the right thing. The only problem is the way I think.

    That's all

    EDIT: That's exactly how I feel:

    Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

    For me personally I can't understand how Mike could promote said WSO when the member has been banned and there is speculation about the screenshots being fake. How would you feel if a big named guru was caught out in a product launch and his site was taken down, but an affiliate was still promoting the product to you? To me, it speaks of greed.
    Signature

    “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3448926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    I have a very simple solution to this and it's something that a proper body like the FTC should step in and do but at least we could implement it right away on the WSO forum. Ban ALL proof of earnings screenshots once and for all. They are meaningless these days and cause more problems than they solve.

    If you need to show a screenshot to 'prove' your system works then you aren't doing a good enough job of selling the product in the first place. Get rid of them once and for all and put everyone on a level playing field again.

    I would bet my left leg that the large majority of screenshots you see these days are either fake or have been earnt by using a method or technique different to the one being promoted. So why do we still accept this crap?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449661].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
      Banned
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I have a very simple solution to this and it's something that a proper body like the FTC should step in and do but at least we could implement it right away on the WSO forum. Ban ALL proof of earnings screenshots once and for all. They are meaningless these days and cause more problems than they solve.

      If you need to show a screenshot to 'prove' your system works then you aren't doing a good enough job of selling the product in the first place. Get rid of them once and for all and put everyone on a level playing field again.

      I would bet my left leg that the large majority of screenshots you see these days are either fake or have been earnt by using a method or technique different to the one being promoted. So why do we still accept this crap?!
      I agree. It's very easy to fake a screenshot and make it look 100% legit. The only real proof is testimonials from people you know and respect; one of the nice features of the WSO section is that people can post their reviews directly in the threads, so it's much harder for a seller to fake that kind of evidence.

      Great idea. Not sure if the mods or Allen will agree though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449674].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I have a very simple solution to this and it's something that a proper body like the FTC should step in and do but at least we could implement it right away on the WSO forum. Ban ALL proof of earnings screenshots once and for all. They are meaningless these days and cause more problems than they solve.

      If you need to show a screenshot to 'prove' your system works then you aren't doing a good enough job of selling the product in the first place. Get rid of them once and for all and put everyone on a level playing field again.

      I would bet my left leg that the large majority of screenshots you see these days are either fake or have been earnt by using a method or technique different to the one being promoted. So why do we still accept this crap?!
      In essence, this is a great idea, but I don't see any way to implement it. If you decide to ban all image file formats for example, then there will be no way to add any images especially a buy button, which is the whole point of a WSO. Also, some people like to add images relevant to the subject to help sell their product and they would no longer have this option. The only option that I can see is if the mods are keeping a constant eye on all the WSO threads if a proof of earnings has been posted so it can be removed. The task would be endless.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449759].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by mikescos View Post

        In essence, this is a great idea, but I don't see any way to implement it.
        It's simple. A WSO that has an earnings screenshot in it does not get approved. It would soon become common knowledge and anyone caught adding an earnings screenshot to their listing after it has been approved would very quickly be picked up by the members of this forum.

        There is no reason to allow them anymore. It just puts a lot of the WSO offerings in the same category as those Clickbank products we all hate.

        Even many of the testimonials given in the WSO forum these days need to be taken with a grain of salt. But at least they have more merit than these screenshots.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449871].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulie888
          Originally Posted by WillR View Post

          It's simple. A WSO that has an earnings screenshot in it does not get approved. It would soon become common knowledge and anyone caught adding an earnings screenshot to their listing after it has been approved would very quickly be picked up by the members of this forum.

          There is no reason to allow them anymore. It just puts a lot of the WSO offerings in the same category as those Clickbank products we all hate.

          Even many of the testimonials given in the WSO forum these days need to be taken with a grain of salt. But at least they have more merit than these screenshots.
          I think it would be a good change to move completely away from earnings screenshots, because let's face it, they often cause more harm than good anyway. What good is showing a (legitimate) screenshot of some expert's account who obviously knows what he's doing, when it's totally unrealistic for any newbie to make anywhere close to that? Newbies, gullible as they are, will probably believe they can anyway, and this ultimately only contributes to the general poor image that IM gets in mainstream circles (when they find out it isn't possible).

          There needs to be much less of a focus on earnings "proof", because in 9 times out of 10 what is portrayed isn't directly applicable to someone who has no prior experience or knowledge of the system/method being sold.

          Paul
          Signature
          >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449978].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
            Banned
            While we're on that train of thought, let's ban any kind of income claim, because technically most of the WSO's aren't legal anyway (don't follow FTC guidelines for that sort of thing).

            I can see this going too far, but I wonder if it would be a bad thing if the "numbers" were to just disappear completely from WSO's. It could hurt sales for less able copywriters, but on the other hand, it could do wonders for the quality of the WSO forum, and in the end, it could help newbies.

            Just a thought. I'm probably wrong, but it would be nice if the hype wasn't so prevalent here in WF.

            Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

            I think it would be a good change to move completely away from earnings screenshots, because let's face it, they often cause more harm than good anyway. What good is showing a (legitimate) screenshot of some expert's account who obviously knows what he's doing, when it's totally unrealistic for any newbie to make anywhere close to that? Newbies, gullible as they are, will probably believe they can anyway, and this ultimately only contributes to the general poor image that IM gets in mainstream circles (when they find out it isn't possible).

            There needs to be much less of a focus on earnings "proof", because in 9 times out of 10 what is portrayed isn't directly applicable to someone who has no prior experience or knowledge of the system/method being sold.

            Paul
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3450016].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author WillR
              Originally Posted by Joshua Rigley View Post

              I can see this going too far, but I wonder if it would be a bad thing if the "numbers" were to just disappear completely from WSO's. It could hurt sales for less able copywriters, but on the other hand, it could do wonders for the quality of the WSO forum, and in the end, it could help newbies.
              The problem is the WSOs that seem to sell the best are the ones with the 'Make $700 in 1 Hours Work - Guaranteed!!' so I doubt they will stop people doing this.

              Although after a quick search you can start to see how silly the WSO forum is starting to look. These are just a tiny sample of the titles floating around. Man would the FTC have a field day over these...


              If you read through just the TINY sample of WSO titles above you would assume most people on this forum would already be millionaires - there seems to be some very easy ways to make money out there. What are we all doing wrong? I just hope the guys running the show here don't end up in hot water.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3450191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uwa223
    Mike provides a great service. Most of his recommendations are excellent. Having someone going through some of the special offers is just great. It's saving me time and money and I really appreciate that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3449768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Sammut
    He can run his business how he see's fit. I know all the WSO's he send to me seem to be atleast solid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3450223].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulie888
      Originally Posted by Nick Sammut View Post

      He can run his business how he see's fit. I know all the WSO's he send to me seem to be atleast solid.
      It's his business after all, and how he decides to run it is his prerogative, as long as he isn't intentionally deceiving us or bending the truth, and as far as I can see he is doing neither.
      Signature
      >>> Features Jason Fladlien, John S. Rhodes, Justin Brooke, Sean I. Mitchell, Reed Floren and Brad Gosse! <<<
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3450995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author caseycase
    The only problem I have with Mike is that he is too good at talking me into buying stuff.
    Signature

    Free IM Info, No Junk - http://www.ironcladim.com



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3450259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ronak Shah
    I really think it's high time to have your OWN perspective and buy stuff on your own observations than to blindly follow what Mike or someone else recommends.

    I really don't care who recommends a product as long as it fits in my scheme of things. Most WSO's don't even fit in our schedule so we need to first figure out if the WSO is really what we need.
    Signature
    Are YOU Looking For THE Direct Response Kick-Ass Ninja Sales Copywriter?

    Now, Here's The REAL DEAL:
    Either I make YOU at least 10 times of what I charge YOU OR
    I'll Write YOUR Sales Copy AGAIN Till YOU Make MUCH MORE Than THAT. Guaranteed*.
    *Terms & Conditions Apply. Email me at ronak[at]ronakshah[dot]name right now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3451906].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amber Jalink
      Originally Posted by Ronak Shah View Post

      I really think it's high time to have your OWN perspective and buy stuff on your own observations than to blindly follow what Mike or someone else recommends.

      I really don't care who recommends a product as long as it fits in my scheme of things. Most WSO's don't even fit in our schedule so we need to first figure out if the WSO is really what we need.
      Yeah, I've always said this. To be honest, at least 85-90% of the WSo of the day that comes in to me, I scan then delete, without bothering to even look at the wso page.

      It comes down to "TMI" (Too much information) - exactly what is holding too many people back, keeping people busy chasing after the next thing OR trying to learn everything there is to know about everything.

      You always have to keep up, you always have to keep learning, but you don't need everything to do it - implementation is most important. Doing it. The only ones that I buy are the ones that I feel are useful enough to me or I'm looking for something specific.

      Amber
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author royljestr
    I just figures it was a bunch of hype to get more sales...I guess I am a little desensitized to all the hype...even on the forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Hunter
    The promotion that I just received from Mike for the "WSO of the Day" wasn't any better than the one mentioned in this thread!!

    Now Mike promoted some guy that isn't even selling his own material and his WSO thread has been shut down due to possible copyright issues!

    Mike, do you not vet these WSOs in any way?
    Signature

    Ok, sure. You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Chris_Hunter ;)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
      Originally Posted by Chris Hunter View Post

      The promotion that I just received from Mike for the "WSO of the Day" wasn't any better than the one mentioned in this thread!!

      Now Mike promoted some guy that isn't even selling his own material and his WSO thread has been shut down due to possible copyright issues!

      Mike, do you not vet these WSOs in any way?
      This is getting beyond rediculous! How the hell can anyone promote a WSO when the thread has been locked? I'm sure if it was anyone other than Mike promoting it there would be a lot more people kicking up a stink.

      I don't care if Mike is holidays or not, he needs to take more care when picking WSO of the Day.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
    I have found that quite a lot of the WSO's that he gives WSO of the Day to are pretty crap products. I have questioned him on this before and said that how could he promote any of these products without even testing and/or reading them beforehand. I find it irresponsible actually. That's like recommending a new TV to someone looking to buy one when they have never actually tested it out. Personally I feel that he just looks at the sales copy, the reviews it has received, and maybe how well it has sold. Personally I feel that is the only way he can do it without buying every single WSO and testing them.

    We all have to remember that Mike uses WSO of the Day as a means to make some great cash. Every email he sends out has links to WSO Pro and the review of that days WSO of the Day, and then when you click on the review link in his review and purchase, you are actually paying Mike as an affiliate for the product and not the product owner.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
    Another thing that's related to WSO's that has been annoying me lately is the quality of WSO's that get approved by the mods. I have no idea what quality control they have when approving them (whether they actually look into them or not is another question), but it seems they are letting a lot of crap products slip by without any concern. The WSO that was just promoted as WSO of the Day for example. How can a mod approve a product that is based solely on stolen content? The WSO seller clearly states that he took the content for his WSO from a DVD that he bought from another marketer some time last year. On that basis alone, the mod who was looking at it should have PM'd the WSO seller and questioned him about it.

    Come on guys, lift your game!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3463526].message }}

Trending Topics