Do you have to Practive +Do every tip you provide?

by entry
5 replies
I am providing some tips in some reports, but do you have had to have done every tip, to prove it works? before writing it in a report?

you get many 20 ways to do this reports, and we dont know if the publisher has done every single of the 20 tips.

I know the majority of what you teach should be practiced, but even if 92% of what you teach has been applied by you, and 8% hasnt, is it ok ?
#practive #provide #tip
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Douglas
    If you are providing "tips" in a report that is being sold then they should work. Why would you offer tips to someone else, paid or otherwise if they might not work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    I guess it depends what kind of proof you have that an untried (by you) tip works.

    Some may be common sense, some may come from trusted sources, while others may come from observation but not actual experience.

    There are other variables here, but generally speaking, if you have some form of proof that the tip works, I don't see a problem with it.

    All the best,

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    If you know the tip works, from your experience or a friend's experience, that should give you the freedom to include it.

    If you don't know anyone who has used it, and you have not used it, then how will you know whether it is a valid tip or a red herring?

    In the end, whether you choose to test the tip or not, it is your reputation on the line when you publish the tip.
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA,
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3466675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Here's an example:

    If you are writing tips on how to save money on gas, and you have only ever driven gas guzzlers, but you include a tip that says "Drive a car that gets better mileage", then I would say that's common sense and could be included. And as a reader, I wouldn't care if you have tried the tip yourself or not.

    As long as you're doing your best to verify a tip works, and you're not getting too wacky, then I think you'll be just fine.

    On the other hand, if you're not 100% sure, but would like to include the tip because it's unique, you could always let the reader know. "Okay, I have not tried this tip myself, but some people swear by it..."

    All the best,

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3471358].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devid Farah
      If you had done 90 percent of what you are preaching (writing), you are as good as having completed them if the remaining 10 percent isn't the major points in the project.

      Is this clear?

      You mustn't lay your hands on all that you write but having deep knowledge of them is quite essential so that you can defend your positions whenever the need arise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3476885].message }}

Trending Topics