I am just happy to report that after trying for so long I have finally made some money online. So far I have made about $1400 in roughly 18 days. It is not much I know but it affirms to me that it is definitely possible to make money online.
In a nutshell here is what I did:
1. Found a hungry market with little competition.
2. Created my own product to sell
3. Created a free ebook giveaway and set up squeeze page to build list.
4. Created a blog with some useful articles to establish trust and credibility
5. Drove traffic to squeeze page. ( used paid traffic via ads )
6. Set up autoresponder with 8 messages going out spaced out 2 days apart.
7. Each message included useful tips with soft sale linking to my product page
8. Used e-junkie + paypal to collect payments and deliver product
9. Have sold 14 products at $97 each in about 18 days.
Valuable lessons I have learned along the way:
a. Research your market carefully before going in and doing all the hard work. Wrong Market = Destined to failure.
b. Create Your Own Product. I repeat... Create Your Own Product .. if you want any chance of making reasonable money.
c. Use email marketing / list building ... it works! Use other forms of marketing to drive traffic to your squeeze page first.
d. Create a blog and post useful tips on it to establish credibility. People only buy online if they trust you enough.
e. Be persistent even if the going seems tough in the beginning.
f. You have to invest money to make money. Yes - it is like running any other business. That's been my experience and I'm sure a lot of successful marketers will agree with me.
Well, thanks for reading ... I hope this at least helps inspire someone ...