Linking direct to squeeze pages

by Rob P
3 replies
Can anyone clear this up for me please? I'm running a main wp site and blog but I have my products on different individual sales pages. Is it good practice to have links in my articles linking directly to my squeeze pages? I know Adwords don't like it but is it the same with the article sites?
#direct #linking #pages #squeeze
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Robplevin View Post

    I know Adwords don't like it but is it the same with the article sites?
    They vary, Rob, according to their own terms of service, editorial guidelines, and enforcement of them.

    It also depends a little on what you mean by "article sites". Most article directories won't have a problem with it (though EZA have certainly been known to decline them when they feel like it, albeit very inconsistently, on the grounds that "the site linked to is inadequately informative for our readers". Other article sites like InfoBarrel (not a directory) and so on, may have a problem with it, I wouldn't know: what matters - as always - is to check carefully the terms of service and guidelines of any site you're posting on, if you don't own it yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3482132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    You can mask and forward to a sales site with Ezine articles. You just have to put in your affiliate link in Godaddy and mask it, and you will have no problems. I was wondering the same thing if its better to presale on landing page or direct link to sales page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3482273].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by jamesrich1 View Post

      You just have to put in your affiliate link in Godaddy and mask it, and you will have no problems.
      (I think you've confused squeeze pages and sales pages, James).

      On the contrary: I'm afraid you'll have two huge (and for many people insuperable) problems:-

      (i) You won't ever be able to build lists (which means you're perhaps aiming for a grand total of about 15% of the "available income" for yourself at the expense of ignoring the other perhaps 85%);

      (b) You'll prevent yourself from doing any effective pre-selling (which is the other primary determinant of one's success in affiliate marketing).

      Originally Posted by jamesrich1 View Post

      I was wondering the same thing if its better to presale on landing page or direct link to sales page.
      There's absolutely no sensible comparison possible at all between the two.

      Direct-linking to sales pages (not, of course, what this thread's about anyway - the title specifies "squeeze pages") is a very forlorn attempt, with the odds truly and deeply stacked against oneself, for both of the above (among other) reasons.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3482535].message }}

Trending Topics