Fortunately for me I was able to convince the bank that I did not consent to it and although I did not use the term 'fraud' they decided to refund the money, phew.
But I never told him this at all so he thinks he is still in debt and on disciplinary for the rest of his life. A great thing that has come out of it since now I can role the guilt dice to keep him off all the electronics in the house except for specific times, and get him to read more books.
He decided to set up a sandwich business to pay me back.
Here is a round up of his ideas and I extremely proud of his thinking:
1) Curries and Indian food are big in the UK, it generates more revenue then the British Steel industry and Chicken Tikka Massala is the nations favourite food. We go to a Cash & Carry that do these meat slices that are as follows, spicy beef, chicken tikka, lamb tikka, etc.
2) He initial thought about making the sandwiches and going to the shops but then decided not to in case he gets no orders and the food is wasted. Consequently he as decided to go to the shops first and see if they want the sandwiches on one Saturday. If he gets the orders in he will then make the sale.
3) He intends to take a note book and pen to take the order and the details of the shop owner including email address/phone number so he can follow up for future orders. He actually used the term 'collate a database' which I was throw back when he said it.
4) Since he has tasted the sandwiches himself he believes that there is no reason why others will not like them either [simple logic of a 9 year, I felt like do the analytics thing on him but held back]. There was one called 'Pastirami' which is more expensive then the others and I love it but he hates and will not put this on his menu.
5) He intends to take my kodak zi8 HD recorder to record whilst he is making the sale, when I question why? He said he will use it to teach his friends how to also sell!
6) A survey will be handed afterwards to gain feedback
7) Those who are willing to can provide a video testimonial that he wants to put on youtube.
8) He has interviewed 3 people and will select one as his assistant. I think he said he was going to pay £2
9) If all goes well then he will set up a website [he did one using wordpress for a beast quest fan page]
Now I do not doubt that I have influenced him with what I do, but what took me back was that when I thought he was not listening to what I was doing online or discussions with family and friends he was actually taking notice.
I do not have the desire for him to become a business person and would like him to teach in some capacity and he will be going to a private school at the age of 11. However I do not intend to control his destiny as long as he finishes his studies and becomes a scholar I will be happy for him to do as he wishes.
I just thought that there is lessons to be learnt for everyone here especially me.
The simplicity of a child's mind is amazing and they do not wrap tenacity with feeble excuse and over analysing like we do