Hey Warriors - Please STOP Spamming Craigslist

40 replies
I LOVE craigslist, like actually using the site how you are supposed to, and get annoyed when I see junk that isn't flagged yet which just leads to your cpa offer or thin and lame affiliate site.

I don't go to craigslist to buy your ebook, and that's not what it's for (plus it's against their terms of service).

So please stop spamming craigslist and promoting other people do it also.

Aside: It's amazing the hoops many of you jump through just to be able to post a few spam ads on craigslist

link: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...raigslist.html

I'm an internet marketer through and through but I'll flag your ads all day long.

Thanks, end of rant.
#craigslist #craigslist spam spamming #hey #spamming #stop #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author jstover77
    Banned
    Spam is a subjective term, and that's just your opinion. The way I look at it is, if you have a legitimate offer, and you are not advertising anything that will harm others, or is detrimental to someones well being, then what is the issue???

    The last time I checked it is illegal to speed. But how many people do that?? I make a lot of money from free classified advertising. So, it's a shame your morals are getting in the way of using CL for exactly what it is. A FREE advertising site, which can bring you lotsOtraffic!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312827].message }}
    • with craigslist, spam is not subjective, it's spelled out in black and white

      craigslist terms of use
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike McBride
      Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

      Spam is a subjective term, and that's just your opinion. The way I look at it is, if you have a legitimate offer, and you are not advertising anything that will harm others, or is detrimental to someones well being, then what is the issue???

      The last time I checked it is illegal to speed. But how many people do that?? I make a lot of money from free classified advertising. So, it's a shame your morals are getting in the way of using CL for exactly what it is. A FREE advertising site, which can bring you lotsOtraffic!
      Typical bullshit answer that spammers give.

      Look, you're breaking Craigslists terms of service, and THAT'S the bottom line. It's their site, they make the rules, and it's not up to people like you to abuse them and teach others to do the same.

      People like you don't care about anything but your own nickels and dimes. Apparently you wouldn't know morals if you tripped over them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312872].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jstover77
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike McBride View Post

        Typical bullshit answer that spammers give.

        Look, you're breaking Craigslists terms of service, and THAT'S the bottom line. It's their site, they make the rules, and it's not up to people like you to abuse them and teach others to do the same.
        People like you don't care about anything but your own nickels and dimes. Apparently you wouldn't know morals if you tripped over them.
        So wait...all people who spam only care about their own nickels and dimes? Wow, quite an assessment about me from just a single post. Do I know you??

        I find it funny that people get so worked up about posting ads on Craigslist. I am simply showing people how to post on CL, and get traffic. Believe it or not there is a quite a demand for this info..I am simply supplying it. Simple laws of supply and demand. I'm not selling crack.

        It's simple...if you don't like the title...don't read it.

        Look this is an Internet marketing forum. Not everything discussed here is always perfect in the eyes of the Internet Gods (or whatever you want to call them). If you want to cry about CL spammers, there are plenty of cool aid drinkers over in the CL forums. You'll fit in well there.

        OK, enough wasted time on this. Back to counting my nickels and dimes.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312936].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

          Spam is a subjective term, and that's just your opinion. The way I look at it is, if you have a legitimate offer, and you are not advertising anything that will harm others, or is detrimental to someones well being, then what is the issue???

          The last time I checked it is illegal to speed. But how many people do that?? I make a lot of money from free classified advertising. So, it's a shame your morals are getting in the way of using CL for exactly what it is. A FREE advertising site, which can bring you lotsOtraffic!
          So, if everyone else is breaking the rules, then it's ok? And it's a shame you don't value morals. Remember, people read your posts here, and everything you say will be taken into account. That's not a threat, I'm just letting you know that you may be sabotaging your efforts in the long run. Why? Because you are basically saying rules don't matter and that people should set their morals aside to make a fast buck.

          Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

          So wait...all people who spam only care about their own nickels and dimes? Wow, quite an assessment about me from just a single post. Do I know you??

          I find it funny that people get so worked up about posting ads on Craigslist. I am simply showing people how to post on CL, and get traffic. Believe it or not there is a quite a demand for this info..I am simply supplying it. Simple laws of supply and demand.

          It's simple...if you don't like the title...don't read it.

          Look this is an Internet marketing forum. Not everything discussed here is always perfect in the eyes of the Internet Gods (or whatever you want to call them). If you want to cry about CL spammers, there are plenty of cool aid drinkers over in the CL forums. You'll fit in well there.
          Sometimes you need several posts to make a fair assessment, but all it takes is one post like the one you made for people to get an idea of your lack of ethics.

          I find it funny that you have no problem eith people breaking their terms of service.

          Sure, and a hitman is just providing an in-demand service.

          And if you want to cry about people who are making a reasonable request, there are plenty of Kool Aid drinkers in spamming forums. You'll fit in well there.

          All the best,
          Michael
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312966].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jstover77
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

            So, if everyone else is breaking the rules, then it's ok? And it's a shame you don't value morals. Remember, people read your posts here, and everything you say will be taken into account. That's not a threat, I'm just letting you know that you may be sabotaging your efforts in the long run. Why? Because you are basically saying rules don't matter and that people should set their morals aside to make a fast buck.



            Sometimes you need several posts to make a fair assessment, but all it takes is one post like the one you made for people to get an idea of your lack of ethics.

            I find it funny that you have no problem eith people breaking their terms of service.

            Sure, and a hitman is just providing an in-demand service.

            And if you want to cry about people who are making a reasonable request, there are plenty of Kool Aid drinkers in spamming forums. You'll fit in well there.

            All the best,
            Michael
            A hitman?? Really..there is a demand for that. Jesus

            You can call me what you want or say whatever it is about me. I just simply disagree with you. If this makes me unethical and immoral, then so be it. I am making good money online, and I sleep fine at night.

            P.S- Believe it or not I'm actually a nice guy
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313023].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
              Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

              A hitman?? Really..there is a demand for that. Jesus

              You can call me what you want or say whatever it is about me. I just simply disagree with you. If this makes me unethical and immoral, then so be it. I am making good money online, and I sleep fine at night.

              P.S- Believe it or not I'm actually a nice guy
              My point was this: Just because there is a demand for something, doesn't make it okay. The hitman example was the first one that popped into my head, and I'm not equating murder with selling on CL (regardles of whether their TOS is being followed or not).

              I was trying to make a fine distinction, and was not saying you don't have morals or ethics, just that it appears you do not value you them. But, that is based on your one post in this thread. And, like it or not, one post can make a difference. It's the same thing when someone held in high esteem makes one bad decision that leads to a fall from grace.

              I know I've made too many posts like that, but I do my best to remain ethical. Ethics are not something you can bend by making justifications (such as, "it's in demand, so why not?").

              You may be a nice guy, and my post wasn't meant to sound like a personal attack, but re-reading it I can see how it may have come acroos that way.

              We're all here expressing our opinions, and we just so happen to disagree on this one. No big deal, I bet there are plenty of things we do agree on.

              All the best,
              Michael
              Signature

              "Ich bin en fuego!"
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313126].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mark Brock
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

            Sure, and a hitman is just providing an in-demand service.

            All the best,
            Michael
            Are you serious here?! People actually advertise for hitmen in Craigslist?

            My problems may have just been solved by your post Michael. lol

            Seriously though, to everyone here that tells it like it is regarding the virus of SPAMMING, thank you.

            If Craigslist say they don't want it on their site then DON'T PUT IT ON THERE!

            It sounds simple but obviously not everyone can understand the simple!

            Thanks here go out to Michael Oksa, Mike McBride and Digitalproductreporter for bringing this issue up.

            I've personally never used Craigslist. I was thinking of looking into it for my affiliate promotions but you've just saved me a whole load of time by letting me know right here, right now that doing what I was going to look into was against their T&C's.

            A big thank you yet again.

            Mark
            Signature

            AWOL

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313114].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Lockwood
        Originally Posted by Mike McBride View Post

        People like you don't care about anything but your own nickels and dimes. Apparently you wouldn't know morals if you tripped over them.
        As opposed to everyone on Craigslist who follows the TOS? Those people are all pure of heart and don't care about making money when they sell something. They just want to do the world a favor.

        Hint: This has nothing to do with morals.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313390].message }}
  • Truthfully it's better to just spend the time you would have spent figuring out how to spam to build up a legitimate offer that you can post, that isn't against the terms of service, and naturally draws people in because it provides great value
    Signature
    www.HumanRewriter.com - The Web's Only Source For 100% People Powered Content Solutions.
    My WSO: I'll Give You $5.00 Plus $43.50 In Bonuses To Try Human Rewriter Today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 14
    Banned
    Dude are you wondering how many people actually make for a living via ewhoring on that site? I'm not saying that I'm one of them but many people would die in their internet "business" if guys like you were visiting the site more often. Anyway it's not good what those "ewhorers" do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike McBride
      Originally Posted by 14 View Post

      Dude are you wondering how many people actually make for a living via ewhoring on that site? I'm not saying that I'm one of them but many people would die in their internet "business" if guys like you were visiting the site more often. Anyway it's not good what those "ewhorers" do.
      What exactly are you trying to say here? Really, I can't make heads or tails of what you mean.

      And please read the forum rules - affiliate links are not allowed in sig files here. (Of course, that's IF you care about the rules of this forum or any TOS anywhere.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313011].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 14
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Mike McBride View Post

        What exactly are you trying to say here? Really, I can't make heads or tails of what you mean.

        And please read the forum rules - affiliate links are not allowed in sig files here. (Of course, that's IF you care about the rules of this forum or any TOS anywhere.)
        I don't care, anyway I removed it.

        Go to blackhatworld.com and you'll find out what I am talking about.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike McBride
    It's simple...if you don't like the title...don't read it.
    Wow ... how many times have these spammer-come-lately's posted THAT defense for their bullshit posts?

    This is a community, one in which the majority seems to hold quaint notions like morals and ethics and honesty in high regard, and one that does not appreciate people like you barging in here like the second coming and telling us how this forum should be run.

    If you want to teach people how to spam or otherwise abuse the property of others, go start your own forum - maybe you could call it "ScumbagsRUS."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[312998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstover77
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike McBride View Post

      Wow ... how many times have these spammer-come-lately's posted THAT defense for their bullshit posts?

      This is a community, one in which the majority seems to hold quaint notions like morals and ethics and honesty in high regard, and one that does not appreciate people like you barging in here like the second coming and telling us how this forum should be run.

      If you want to teach people how to spam or otherwise abuse the property of others, go start your own forum - maybe you could call it "ScumbagsRUS."
      I am not telling anyone how to run this forum. I like it the way its run just fine.

      Listen Mike, I don't know what I ever did to piss you off so bad. We simply disagree. There is no need to make personal attacks on me. There are many people who agree with my point of view. None here so far, but I have spoke to hundreds, if not thousands who think that CL's TOS is absolutely absurd. I sell advertising so I know this. Does this make us bad people??? No it doesn't. That is like saying everyone that J-walks is a sinner...Is that true? Depends on who you talk to.

      I just don't get why people get so worked up about this. I can see people who send unsolicited emails, or using the CL email extractors, but why this (by the way, which I have never done)?

      Really though, I am open to constructive points of views on this...Not name calling, or personal attacks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 14
    Banned
    All of you: WTF do YOU freaking care anyway? Are you the owners? No! Then, what's the problem?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by 14 View Post

      All of you: WTF do YOU freaking care anyway? Are you the owners? No! Then, what's the problem?!
      It's called a forum, and we express our opinions here.

      Some of us have a problem with it, and others do not.

      Glad I could help.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313101].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 14
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

        It's called a forum, and we express our opinions here.

        Some of us have a problem with it, and others do not.

        Glad I could help.

        All the best,
        Michael
        We express our opinions about the craiglist TOS?

        I only see "Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum"

        I am guessing it has nothing to do with it... useless thread, nothing useful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313152].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by 14 View Post

          We express our opinions about the craiglist TOS?

          I only see "Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum"

          I am guessing it has nothing to do with it... useless thread, nothing useful.
          We are talking about Internet marketing, on Craigslist.

          The only thing more useless than this thread are your comments in regards to it.

          All the best,
          Michael
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313165].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author 14
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

            We are talking about Internet marketing, on Craigslist.

            The only thing more useless than this thread are your comments in regards to it.

            All the best,
            Michael
            The title of the post looks like someone is begging warrior forum members to stop spamming craiglist. What the hell does it has to do with internet marketing?

            spamming craiglist vs internet marketing

            LOL
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313222].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
              Originally Posted by 14 View Post

              The title of the post looks like someone is begging warrior forum members to stop spamming craiglist. What the hell does it has to do with internet marketing?

              spamming craiglist vs internet marketing

              LOL
              Hi 14,

              You just joined the forum today, congrats on the 15 posts! Many of which are just like this one.

              I don't know how I can explain it to you, but I will try. Even though these are the kinds of discussions we have here all the time - if you don't like it go troll somewhere else. Anyway...

              1. Places on the Internet are called 'websites'.

              2. Craigslist is a 'website'.

              3. People exchange or sell goods and services on Craiglist.

              4. To get more people to see their Craigslist posts, they may employ marketing techniques.

              5. Craigslist is on the Internet, and people are marketing there. (Follow me so far?)

              6. Therefore a discussion about the best OR worst way to post on Craigslist is fair game.

              7. Being an Internet marketing forum, we discuss such things.

              If you don't get that, then you will never be happy at the forum, because there's stuff like this all of the time.

              All the best,
              Michael
              Signature

              "Ich bin en fuego!"
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313380].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author 14
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

                Hi 14,

                You just joined the forum today, congrats on the 15 posts! Many of which are just like this one.

                I don't know how I can explain it to you, but I will try. Even though these are the kinds of discussions we have here all the time - if you don't like it go troll somewhere else. Anyway...

                1. Places on the Internet are called 'websites'.

                2. Craigslist is a 'website'.

                3. People exchange or sell goods and services on Craiglist.

                4. To get more people to see their Craigslist posts, they may employ marketing techniques.

                5. Craigslist is on the Internet, and people are marketing there. (Follow me so far?)

                6. Therefore a discussion about the best OR worst way to post on Craigslist is fair game.

                7. Being an Internet marketing forum, we discuss such things.

                If you don't get that, then you will never be happy at the forum, because there's stuff like this all of the time.

                All the best,
                Michael
                I think that the discussion is about stopping people to spam craiglist. It has nothing to do with marketing on craiglist. Anyway I'll avoid threads like this.

                Thanks
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[314730].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author adamv
                  Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

                  Hi 14,

                  You just joined the forum today, congrats on the 15 posts! Many of which are just like this one.

                  I don't know how I can explain it to you, but I will try. Even though these are the kinds of discussions we have here all the time - if you don't like it go troll somewhere else. Anyway...

                  1. Places on the Internet are called 'websites'.

                  2. Craigslist is a 'website'.

                  3. People exchange or sell goods and services on Craiglist.

                  4. To get more people to see their Craigslist posts, they may employ marketing techniques.

                  5. Craigslist is on the Internet, and people are marketing there. (Follow me so far?)

                  6. Therefore a discussion about the best OR worst way to post on Craigslist is fair game.

                  7. Being an Internet marketing forum, we discuss such things.

                  If you don't get that, then you will never be happy at the forum, because there's stuff like this all of the time.

                  All the best,
                  Michael
                  LMAO

                  Thanks for the detailed lesson on internet marketing.
                  Signature

                  Get a professional voice over for your next audio or video project at an affordable price -- I will record 150 words of text for just $5.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[314972].message }}
    • Originally Posted by 14 View Post

      All of you: WTF do YOU freaking care anyway? Are you the owners? No! Then, what's the problem?!
      I'm a craiglist user, that's why I care.

      I also think people who break the tos give "internet marketers" a bad rep.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313104].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jstover77
        Banned
        Originally Posted by digitalproductreporter View Post

        I'm a craiglist user, that's why I care.
        Ok, and what kind of ads piss you off? If a guys sells a moving service, and he is in 13 states. How does that annoy you. Ad says: Moving Company for Hire... Or, person is offering a financial service...in say 6 states...Online Halth Insurance is the ad..Are these the ads that annoy you? If not give me an example, and why they annoy you.

        Originally Posted by digitalproductreporter View Post

        I also think people who break the tos give "internet marketers" a bad rep.
        Why? Who is keeping track?? I have never ever once heard someone say...if it wasn't for those dam Craigslist posters breaking the TOS...I wouldn't have such a bad name. How does it give IMers bad names. I'm not being a smart ass, just asking.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313130].message }}
        • Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

          Ok, and what kind of ads piss you off?
          I already answered this in my first post

          Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

          Why? Who is keeping track?? I have never ever once heard someone say...if it wasn't for those dam Craigslist posters breaking the TOS...
          Are you serious? You obviously have never used the site for more than spamming the site.

          Here's some more popular things people do that piss off craiglist users (just in case you haven't profited from the yet)

          craigslist | about > help > spam
          Signature


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313163].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jstover77
            Banned
            Originally Posted by digitalproductreporter View Post

            I already answered this in my first post



            Are you serious? You obviously have never used the site for more than spamming the site.

            Here's some more popular things people do that piss off craiglist users (just in case you haven't profited from the yet)

            craigslist | about > help > spam
            What does that have to do with posting ads. These people aren't Internet Marketers. They are scammers. I already mentioned the email extractors, and that I have never used them.

            Like I said. I would never condone anything that causes harm or financial hardship to anyone. I am in total agreeance that these types of scams and B.S is no good for anyone.

            You have to understand, the people I teach how to post or post for are all hard working legit businesses. I never ever posted in the erotic section, and if I ever had an order that looked like fraud, I would reprot it to the authorities.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313180].message }}
            • Originally Posted by jstover77 View Post

              What does that have to do with posting ads. These people aren't Internet Marketers. They are scammers. I already mentioned the email extractors, and that I have never used them.
              Dude they are the same as you. You are a spammer.

              You are teaching people to buy accounts and post as other people (fraud).

              You are teaching people to spam craigslist with dozens of (almost) identical posts

              and even more nonsense, buy new phones to spam craiglist??? ridiculous

              AND, this post isn't about you, I just used your link as an example.

              The purpose of this post was to raise awareness that spamming craigslist is not cool and pisses off bunches of people and it's also against the craiglsist tos.
              Signature


              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313295].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author jstover77
                Banned
                Originally Posted by digitalproductreporter View Post

                Dude they are the same as you. You are a spammer.

                You are teaching people to buy accounts and post as other people (fraud).

                You are teaching people to spam craigslist with dozens of (almost) identical posts

                and even more nonsense, buy new phones to spam craiglist??? ridiculous

                AND, this post isn't about you, I just used your link as an example.

                The purpose of this post was to raise awareness that spamming craigslist is not cool and pisses off bunches of people and it's also against the craiglsist tos.
                Digital,
                Honestly dude, you think your way, and I think my way. You and your cohorts think that I am a spammer, and many others see nothing wrong with what I do. Like I said, I personally have never posted anything which would harm or cause any misfortunes to anyone. Ya, maybe some that learn what I showed in that video might misuse it. All information can be used to in good and bad ways.

                Your passion is good though. Put it towards making money.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Hi Mark,

    I wasn't saying people advertise for hitmen on Craigslist (they may, but I don't know). Just trying make a point about something being in demand doesn't mean it's okay to fill that demand.

    All the best,
    Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313132].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Brock
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      Hi Mark,

      I wasn't saying people advertise for hitmen on Craigslist (they may, but I don't know). Just trying make a point about something being in demand doesn't mean it's okay to fill that demand.

      All the best,
      Michael
      Hi Michael,

      I did get your point and I totally agree with what you were saying. I did honestly think though that you or someone you know had stumbled upon an ad on Craigslist for a hitman and were simply basing your comments on something that has actually happened.

      I'm seriously hoping that this hasn't happened but it wouldn't surprise me if it had at some point.

      Thank you for the clarification Michael. Your previous point is a very valid one. Thank you.

      Mark
      Signature

      AWOL

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstover77
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      Hi Mark,

      I wasn't saying people advertise for hitmen on Craigslist (they may, but I don't know). Just trying make a point about something being in demand doesn't mean it's okay to fill that demand.

      All the best,
      Michael
      No I got that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wealth4life2010
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313136].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by wealth4life2010 View Post

      Was this post necessary? I am sorry, but if you are an internet marketer there is NO WAY you can always be "ethical".

      For example: Get my FREE CD for only shipping cost of $6.95 (everyone knows it doesn't cost that much to ship a CD...not only is the marketer making money, the CD isn't FREE!!!)
      On top of that, when you go to order your FREE CD, it automatically locks you into a $29.95/month deal.

      You tell me..ethical????
      Hi wealth4life,

      Why so bitter?

      I do try to ALWAYS be ethical, and you can bet I would never do the things you describe.

      There's no need to resort to trickery if your offer is good. In other words, let an offer stand on its own merits. Those are words I live by.

      Also, I have a membership site, but I explain very clearly that it is a monthly subscription (or a yearly option).

      Can I always be ethical? Probably not, but don't assume that I'm not trying. I can say that I am always ethical based on my standards. I never knowingly violate a site's TOS, try to follow the rules, explain things clearly, and give refunds when requested.

      All the best,
      Michael Oksa
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313154].message }}
    • Originally Posted by wealth4life2010 View Post

      Was this post necessary? I am sorry, but if you are an internet marketer there is NO WAY you can always be "ethical".
      Wowzer, that's the dumbest quote I've ever read about internet marketing. Congrats.

      So just because you market on the internet you can't be ethical? I'm speechless.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wealth4life2010
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jstover77
      Banned
      Originally Posted by wealth4life2010 View Post

      Solution: Use Backpage.com like I do.
      Yes!! I have a contact that works there. They love that people post tons of ads. There is a reason their traffic has gone up 10 million visits in 3 months.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Willer
    I've noticed it too
    Signature
    My Loss Is Your opportunity
    (80% off for 10 smart people)

    Click Here To Find Out Why...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[313248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
    Why does Craigslist require verified phone numbers?

    why are they charging $$$ to post in categories they never required money before?

    Answer - people who have violated their TOS. Some may call it spam, but no matter what - its against their TOS. And since its their site - its their rules. If you don't like their rules, go someplace else.

    Folks trying to game the system are interfering with those of us trying to use the system as it was intended - as stated by the OP. Folks teaching them how to game the system are part of the problem, not part of the solution - whether you make money or not.

    I do what the original poster does, if I find a post that's against the TOS - I flag it - and I will continue to do so.

    Its kind of ironic too - this is the way USENET went - I fear soon CL will go the same way, left as a wasteland for the spammers who have driven out all the legitimate users. If the signal to noise is too high - folks will just leave and never return.

    Then where will your traffic come from? Some other site that you'll destroy in the name of getting traffic and making money no doubt.
    Signature
    Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
    Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[314701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wealth4life2010
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[315473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 14
      Banned
      Originally Posted by wealth4life2010 View Post

      Yeah, and the LESSON was FREE with no catch.
      It was FREE but still this thread is called "Please stop spamming"

      I don't think that's related to internet marketing, even though craiglist is.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[315486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 14
    Banned
    I think that this has been a rough start for me. I would like to stop arguing. We can't let a simple thread about craiglist ruin what future could offer.
    We may do business in the future. so...

    PEACE!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[315578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richdirtygirl
      LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

      This was fun! Thanks gentlemen for the laugh...

      I keep looking at people mixing up interests with moral, ethics and other finger shaking activities... :rolleyes:

      This is how I see it... Craigslist and any other website needs happy users.

      The users are not happy when:

      - see the same ad popping in the face too much and it is not what they are looking for.
      - the ad promise one thing and gives other, specially when they have to use the credit card to access info they expected to get for free (check out the foreclosure properties and you will see what i mean).

      Now... if Craigslist were visited only by the owner... he/she would be jumping to the roof if you spam them, why? each page is potentially indexed and you are doing the job for them.

      Now, when they grow over certain limit... naturally will have to start sorting to keep the system useful.

      Now, as I see it moral should a lil bit more sturdy than this...

      Where moral can enter here? well... in the quality of the product you are giving for the money. Eventually.

      About what to do in Craigslist... I think that playing with the system and keeping a step ahead when you are playing the system is the happiest way to go...

      RDG :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[315639].message }}

Trending Topics