Is BUM Marketing Really Dead?

10 replies
With almost all of the 2.0 sites missing from the front page of Google and the few that do show up like buzzle and ezinearticles is in like position 8 or 9 it seems all hope is lost for easy rankings.

The only site I see ranking well is Yahoo answers. I also see Squidoo doing ok but they have a pretty ruff stance against affiliate marketers.

Tell me please, what is a BUM suppose to do now?

What sites are people having success getting to rank right now?

Thanks
#bum #dead #marketing
  • Tell me please, what is a BUM suppose to do now?
    Get a squeegee, backpack, go outside and start washing cars at the streetlights?
    Signature
    Pick a product. Pick ANY product! -> 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nevik Kingh
      Originally Posted by InternetSuccess001 View Post

      Get a squeegee, backpack, go outside and start washing cars at the streetlights?
      Don't be so mean! Let a bum have his dreams!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516781].message }}
  • Ranking is not everything. Google is not the *only* source of traffic. Consider different traffic methods.
    Signature
    Pick a product. Pick ANY product! -> 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516617].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Warrior Dude
      Originally Posted by InternetSuccess001 View Post

      Ranking is not everything. Google is not the *only* source of traffic. Consider different traffic methods.
      People say this all the time. But could you give an example of one simple way to drive traffic that even a beginner could do?

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516634].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dash Evra
        Originally Posted by Warrior Dude View Post

        People say this all the time. But could you give an example of one simple way to drive traffic that even a beginner could do?

        Thanks
        Offline marketing.

        I am in the health and fitness niche. I printed out some flyers and pass them around to people walking out of gyms. This got me a few hundreds targeted subscribers during that week... Just think outside the box. People were advertising there businesses long before the internet came about. I don't see why you can't apply these methods to get some views to your squeeze page or whatever
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516689].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WilsonA
        Do a search using this forum search function, there is a lot of threads on this same issue.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nevik Kingh
    Originally Posted by Warrior Dude View Post

    With almost all of the 2.0 sites missing from the front page of Google and the few that do show up like buzzle and ezinearticles is in like position 8 or 9 it seems all hope is lost for easy rankings.

    The only site I see ranking well is Yahoo answers. I also see Squidoo doing ok but they have a pretty ruff stance against affiliate marketers.

    Tell me please, what is a BUM suppose to do now?

    What sites are people having success getting to rank right now?

    Thanks
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the success of article marketing isn't dependent upon getting first page rankings in Google search results. Most people type in EzineArticles, Buzzle, Technorati, Hubpages to get to the sites homepage and then search for an article of interest. Of course, views are going to be adversely affected by this new change in Google's algorithm, but the effect isn't nearly as devastating as many are choosing to believe. If you want to be a bum, be a bum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raindance
    No algorithm change can stand in the way of your success as long as you are ready to work hard. If you're gonna keep searching for easy methods then all your time is gonna be spent just searching and earning nothing. There are no easy methods. People on the internet are not fools to give you their money when you put in a little effort following the "easy" method. Gaining attention is difficult, whether it be on the internet or real life. So stop crying over this "article marketing is dead" crap. How many more threads like these are gonna pop up?

    Even if Google dies someday, it doesn't mean you will lose all your business. A smart entrepreneur will work even then and find a way equally reliable for traffic.
    Signature
    Making Money without Websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    Is BUM Marketing Really Dead?
    You should be able to answer your own question.

    If you've been using Bum Marketing and have noticed a difference in traffic or sales then it might be time to move on to something new.

    If you haven't noticed any changes, continue on with what you were doing.

    If you're not currently using Bum Marketing, probably best to look at different options.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3516995].message }}

Trending Topics