Any Canadian (or out of US) warriors familiar with the tax forms that requires to issue pay?

by pdrs
2 replies
Trying to work with because they offer some decent Canadian affiliate programs but now I see that I need to submit a tax form or something to get paid. Seems like a hassle, anyone done this?
#canadian #cjcom #familiar #forms #issue #pay #requires #tax #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author Themeplated
    I'm sure CJ have similar tax forms to all other affiliate networks.

    By law US companies are required to have 1099 forms submitted to the IRS for all contractors that are paid more than $600. As networks don't know initially how much each affiliate will earn, they generally get these 1099 forms submitted for all affiliates.

    This translates into affiliates needing to sign a W9 tax form, or W8-BEN if you're a non US resident (like me ). It's nothing big to worry about, and all reputable affiliate networks require such tax forms to be completed.

    In the case of the W8-BEN, signing it basically verifies that you're a non U.S. resident, and therefore are not subject to tax imposition by the IRS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3571357].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3571460].message }}

Trending Topics