What Do You Do When You Hit 2000 Follows at Twitter?

20 replies
If you hit the 2000 follows mark on Twitter you can't follow anyone else unless your number of followers grows. So how do you get more followers without being able to follow anyone else?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get more followers?
#hit #twitter
  • Profile picture of the author tentimes
    You can follow 10% more at a time. So if you reach 2000 you can follow 2200 and so on. Just keep flushing people that don't follow back, and follow new people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577104].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theturd
      you definitely have to cut the fat and keep building it up with following and unfollowing to grow it properly plus people whop don't follow you back aren't any good to you.
      Signature
      ★★★★★ My Buddy, Your Buddy, TWEET BUDDY! ★★★★★

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Is there a way to see if they are following you back?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    But how do you know if someone is following you back without looking through all of their follows to see if you are in there or not???
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577168].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theturd
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      But how do you know if someone is following you back without looking through all of their follows to see if you are in there or not???
      to be honest this is very tricky to do manually..... there are programs like tweet buddy that take the manual process out of it and compares your followers to people you are following and gets rid of them for you... to not just sound like i'm tooting my own horn with tweet buddy i will say that tweet adder and tweet attacks do this as well in their own way

      justin
      Signature
      ★★★★★ My Buddy, Your Buddy, TWEET BUDDY! ★★★★★

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TrekkieGrrrl
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      But how do you know if someone is following you back without looking through all of their follows to see if you are in there or not???
      If you look at a person's profile and there is an option to send them a DM (direct message) (you'll see the link by "unfollow" and "block" on Old Twitter), then they are following you.

      If there is no option to send them a DM, they are not following you. You can't DM someone that isn't following you.
      Signature

      Hab SoSlI' Quch!
      YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary LLaP = Live Long and Prosper
      Please Donate To KimW - Warrior needs a kidney transplant
      Coming Soon - the Greatest WSO in History!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578441].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
        Originally Posted by TrekkieGrrrl View Post

        If you look at a person's profile and there is an option to send them a DM (direct message) (you'll see the link by "unfollow" and "block" on Old Twitter), then they are following you.

        If there is no option to send them a DM, they are not following you. You can't DM someone that isn't following you.
        Thanks TrekkieGrrrl - I saw that message button there and wondered whether that meant they were following - now I know
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    This is an awesome Twitter tool that is free for right where you are....it is semi-auto and easy to understand. You will be able to flush your overflow quickly

    ManageFlitter - Fast & Easy Unfollowing for Twitter
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    Yeah, manageflitter is the coolest free twitter web app ever. I love it.
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    To be honest, it sounds like you're playing the twitter spammer game. You follow a bunch of people so they follow you.

    Look at the tweets from all of the people you're following and I bet they are a bunch of twitter spam bots. You're building up a large list or robots not real people. None of them are reading what you are tweeting and they aren't doing you any good.

    Flush those bots down the toilet and grow your list naturally with real people who want to follow you for a reason.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577314].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
      Originally Posted by christopher jon View Post

      To be honest, it sounds like you're playing the twitter spammer game. You follow a bunch of people so they follow you.

      Look at the tweets from all of the people you're following and I bet they are a bunch of twitter spam bots. You're building up a large list or robots not real people. None of them are reading what you are tweeting and they aren't doing you any good.

      Flush those bots down the toilet and grow your list naturally with real people who want to follow you for a reason.
      Well actually I'm not and I'm not sure why you assume that just because I ask a simple question. I haven't just added 2000 follows in a short period, I have gradually built up my follows and followers. I have never used any software for Twitter EVER so please don't imply that I'm a Twitter spammer when you really have no idea who I am!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Justin and Social Media Owls - thank you I'll take a look at those!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Originally Posted by ssohaib View Post

    Well I wonder why people want more followers on twitter :s
    Well we are all marketers aren't we??? That doesn't make us spammers!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3577999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author akif
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      Well we are all marketers aren't we??? That doesn't make us spammers!
      If and when you find a good tool for doing that what you asked earlier then Do let me know please btw i used to have this tool which is Buzzom and it literally gave me 1k real followers but i guess that tool/service is not up anymore
      Signature

      No Links

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Skelly
    another option is to purge your list...that's what i did. I got rid of all the companies..nameless faceless tweeple and concentrated on real people with real tweets and real pics...no spammers, hookers, porno sites or companies. Now i have 21K followers and my list is more responsive than most people with over 100k followers...also you can use justunfollow (dot) com to unfollow the ones that don't follow you back in about a week. Lastly give good tweets. most people check you out before deciding to follow so make sure you're tweets are all about value and cool current stuff...hope this helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcmillad
    I use tweet adder. I think I paid $27 for it, but it has worked very well. Everything is automated so I hardly ever check on my twitter account, but it drives traffic to my website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    I got Tweet Adder last week and I gotta say... I love it!

    It automates everything and I'm actually driving "real" visitors to my site

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kushroller
    Banned
    I have a twitter account with 5k followers that I dont really use (username: paidfromhome) if u want it send me a pm
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3578756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IcedSEO-CEO
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

    If you hit the 2000 follows mark on Twitter you can't follow anyone else unless your number of followers grows. So how do you get more followers without being able to follow anyone else?

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to get more followers?
    I think your safe bet will be to unfollow those who are not following you, after all.... you won't tell me that you are building a get together community (it's all business, right?)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3594964].message }}

Trending Topics