Article Marketing Step by Step

by covert
22 replies
This is a question on the correct sequencing on an article...

I write an article of 500+ words. I have invested the time in the keyword and use it within the article and in the title.

Just trying to figure out the steps in order (if there is an order)

#1- Post it to my own personal blog
#2- Post it to Ezine Articles -- Should I spin it before I do this?
#3- Spin the article and then post it to other article directories, blogs, etc?
#4- If I decide to place this article on another one of my sites about the same niche, should I spin it and place it on the site?

I only mention spinning due to the problem of duplicate content, if that is even a real problem.

Thanks in advance,

Al
#article #marketing #step
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    Write one for EZA and then one similar to the first one for your blog. I wouldn't use the spinners personally since they can devalue my quality content for my readers.

    You can take the first one that you submit to EZA and rewrite the first paragraph and the last one, then put in to your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3598755].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diegoortiz
      I would go with writing unique content all the way, but if you must SPIN then SPIN you shall.

      FIRST. Post the original content article on your blog (use SEOpressor to optimize the post as much as possible)
      SECOND. Spin (with at least 70% uniqueness) and post article to EzineArticle.
      THIRD. ReSpin (remember 70% uniqueness) and post to Squidoo.
      FOURTH. ReSpin (70%) and post and post to GoArticles.
      FIFTH. ReSpin (70%) and post to HubPages.

      Clean, Rinse and Repeat for every keyword your targeting..

      And your good to go....

      Let me know if it helps

      and success to you my friend
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3598981].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bozigian
        I think you can have the original article on your website first

        and submit that same article to article directories.

        Alexa, tpw where are you?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3599042].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Bozigian View Post

          Alexa, tpw where are you?
          There are already so many factual misstatements and so much misguided nonsense masquerading as advice in the thread that I'm staying out of it, myself. It's just too much of an uphill struggle to start refuting and explaining it all. (People will find out for themselves, if they try to take Diego Ortiz's "advice" above, why EZA won't even accept their articles: that "advice" is clearly not even given from any experience at all!). :rolleyes:

          I can't speak for tpw: he may be feeling less churlish, friendlier and more helpful than I am at the moment. :rolleyes:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3607594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nickolie0990
    I think you should spin the article first, that way you won't get burned out. And sense we are on the subject of spinning articles, don't do it the typical way of just changing a few words within each sentence.

    Many search engines AND article directories use LSI keywords to guard against that kind of content garbage. So you should re-write the ENTIRE sentence at-lest 3-5 times, I know it is a lot of work upfront, but it will produce a much better and unique human readable article.

    I've done this method for years now, takes an hour or two, but once done, you should have at-least 1000 UNIQUE articles that you can use.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3599067].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      I don't believe you have to 'spin' articles before reposting them, but to each their own. I've had that discussion so many times, it's gotten boring.

      Which brings us to the the act of spinning an article itself.

      If you're talking about rewriting the article manually, proof reading it and editing to make sure it reads correctly, do whatever floats your boat.

      If you're talking about dumping your article into some kind of digital Cuisinart and dumping the resulting hash or mash on other sites, hey, it's your byline and your site you'll be promoting with that trash. Regardless of what % "uniqueness" you come up with.

      I could come up with 500 words of 100% unique, utter garbage. In spite of being 100% unique, it would still be utter garbage.

      No search spider has ever whipped out a credit card because you were "70% unique" - nor has any human. You are still writing for a human audience...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3599156].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author diegoortiz
        It really all depends on what do you want to get out off your article marketing efforts.

        >>you want link juice use the tip i gave you before.

        >>you want conversions and sales, ALWAYS Deliver Great Unique Content.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3599181].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Valtan
          Originally Posted by diegoortiz View Post

          It really all depends on what do you want to get out off your article marketing efforts.

          >>you want link juice use the tip i gave you before.

          >>you want conversions and sales, ALWAYS Deliver Great Unique Content.
          Originally Posted by diegoortiz View Post

          I would go with writing unique content all the way, but if you must SPIN then SPIN you shall.

          FIRST. Post the original content article on your blog (use SEOpressor to optimize the post as much as possible)
          SECOND. Spin (with at least 70% uniqueness) and post article to EzineArticle.
          THIRD. ReSpin (remember 70% uniqueness) and post to Squidoo.
          FOURTH. ReSpin (70%) and post and post to GoArticles.
          FIFTH. ReSpin (70%) and post to HubPages.

          Clean, Rinse and Repeat for every keyword your targeting..

          And your good to go....

          Let me know if it helps

          and success to you my friend
          This guy knows this stuff
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3606580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    never spin, I have seen some great articles turned to garbage by spining.

    What do you think people are after?

    Jargon junk?

    Or top quality info that is actually going to help them?

    I rest my suitcase
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3599481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author covert
    So there seems to be a lot of different views on spinning, so let me add why I might do that....

    I have many different websites with similiar themes and related niches.

    #1- Do I want to be able to post these articles on each of my sites that contain articles? Let say I have 20 websites that are all in and around the same niche, do I need 20 different articles or can I use the same article since they are my own sites?

    #2- Whats the difference if I post an article that I wrote 20 times on 20 of my own sites vs send that same article to 50 different article and blog sites?

    I am just trying to make sure I don't don extra work if I don't have to (spinning), but if I do, I am prepared to do that.

    Thanks for all the help,

    Al
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3602492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MerlynSanchez
    Originally Posted by covert View Post

    This is a question on the correct sequencing on an article...

    I write an article of 500+ words. I have invested the time in the keyword and use it within the article and in the title.

    Just trying to figure out the steps in order (if there is an order)

    #1- Post it to my own personal blog
    #2- Post it to Ezine Articles -- Should I spin it before I do this?
    #3- Spin the article and then post it to other article directories, blogs, etc?
    #4- If I decide to place this article on another one of my sites about the same niche, should I spin it and place it on the site?

    I only mention spinning due to the problem of duplicate content, if that is even a real problem.

    Thanks in advance,

    Al
    Good afternoon!

    Dr. Mani lays this out, step-by-step in this thread:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...w-what-do.html

    It will answer your questions and he knows what he's writing about.

    Have a great one,
    Merlyn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3602731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shafiqkamal
    Hi Warriors,

    I have a question about article marketing though. Let's take for example you want to do some article marketing for a particular keyword, what would you do?

    1) Write at least a 500 word article with your particular keyword SEO optimized in the content and your keyword as anchor text in the author's resource box?

    2) Write at least a 500 word article regarding the niche you are in without your keyword in the content but placing your keyword in the anchor text of your author's resource box?

    3) Write at least a 500 word article about a niche not related to what your website is about but placing your keyword in the anchor text of your author's resource box?

    Out of the 3, which one is the proper way of doing article marketing? With regards to option 1, if anyone chooses it, would the article compete against your website for your keyword since that article's been optimized for the keyword you are ranking for?

    Aside from that, hopefully to get this sort out as it's bugging me and i'm not sure which is the right way to do.


    Regards,
    Shafiq Kamal
    Signature

    Never give up, Never surrender!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3605082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diegoortiz
      heres my advice:

      FIRST. Write 5 articles, yes 5 articles, 400 to 500 words each with 3 paragraphs of unique amazing incredible content (hence the unique incredible part)

      SECOND. Include the keyword in the bold, italic, and underline tags, just once throughout the entire article.

      THIRD. Have at least a 1.8% to 2.9% keyword density (1 keyword per 100 words)

      FOURTH. Yes include in the last sentence an ALT tag to your desired money site. but only one. article sites and web2.0 sites have strict rules against link building, its better to have 1 link per post than 20 per post (it'll most likely get you band)

      FIFTH. post one article to ezinearticle, another to squidoo, another to goarticles and another to hubpages. and the last article to your blog (use SEOpresor to optimize the blogpost, i highly recommend it)hence the 5 articles

      CLEAN, Rinse, and repeat for every keyword your targeting.

      remember to alway deliver GREAT content (no spining)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3605714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Poc
    Here is my post from other thread:

    Originally Posted by Matt Poc View Post

    Hey,

    I can tell from my experience (if you're in internet marketing niche), that article directories are DEAD!

    So what should you be doing?

    What I do is very simple.

    I write an article, find a blog that accecpts guest posts and submit my article there! In 24h I get 5-100 opt-ins! Much more effective.

    You may also submit your articles to popular sites in your niche. If you're in internet marketing, you may submit your articles to these sites:

    Site-Reference.com, BetterNetworker.com, BloggersBase.com, BlogEngage.com,
    and FamousBloggers.net.

    You may also consider submitting your articles to ezine owners. Use directoryofezines.com

    Also, another powerful strategy is to get your conent published on offline newspaper. You may become a regular writer for them.

    Believe me, this strategy works really better than just submitting your articles to article directories, unless you are lucky and find a great keyword
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3606080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author skyla
      When submitting your content to places like Ezine Articles and Buzzle you need to submit a unique article, one that has not been published anywhere else.

      You want this to link back to a similar article placed on your website or blog.

      What I find easiest is to write one good article and then immediately write another while ideas are fresh in your head. You can actually create quite a few good articles this way.

      Another idea is to simply re write each paragraph sentence by sentence. Pass through Copyscape if you are concerned about it not be unique enough.

      Tim Gorman has a detailed article marketing plan that is very structured, and he is a source of great information on article writing and marketing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3606565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ScottTMk
    Hey covert

    Been thinking about this myself recently actually...

    I find what I tend to do now, and it gets a good response is to write the Ezine article and submit it (takes 2 weeks now so its going to be a while anways) I then look at the content and see how I can make it more engaging, through pictures videos etc. Ill take the article and effectively make it even better for readers and post it to my personal blog.

    Although ive never tried spinners, but in my opinion im not confident a bit of software is going to be able to change my article and it being 100% readable at the end of it, maybe you can prove me wrong? As I said ive never tried.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3606591].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by shafiqkamal View Post

      Hi Warriors,

      I have a question about article marketing though. Let's take for example you want to do some article marketing for a particular keyword, what would you do?

      1) Write at least a 500 word article with your particular keyword SEO optimized in the content and your keyword as anchor text in the author's resource box?

      2) Write at least a 500 word article regarding the niche you are in without your keyword in the content but placing your keyword in the anchor text of your author's resource box?

      3) Write at least a 500 word article about a niche not related to what your website is about but placing your keyword in the anchor text of your author's resource box?

      Out of the 3, which one is the proper way of doing article marketing? With regards to option 1, if anyone chooses it, would the article compete against your website for your keyword since that article's been optimized for the keyword you are ranking for?

      Aside from that, hopefully to get this sort out as it's bugging me and i'm not sure which is the right way to do.


      Regards,
      Shafiq Kamal
      Shafiq, go for Option 4...

      Write your article for readers who might be interested in buying. Use your keyword wherever it naturally fits, and use variations as appropriate. For a 500 word article, you should be able to mention your keyword in the title and once or twice in the text without stuffing. If you can work your keyword into your link without forcing it, go for it.

      As for the subject matter, that comes up all the time. For many keywords, especially very specific long tail keywords, you can quickly run out of ideas for writing.

      Picture a pebble dropped into a calm pond, and the rings spreading out from the center. In the center is your keyword. The first ring would be subjects directly related to the keyword. The next would be related, but a little less directly. And so on...

      If you are writing for people, stuffing a keyword anchor link into a totally unrelated article is wasted effort, in my opinion and experience. Yes, you may get a backlink. But it's just as easy to get a backlink from something related to your subject.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3607386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author corycrabb
    Start with blog post then do the article and I would say spin it if its the same content and then go from there.
    Signature

    (Ask to join our marketing mastermind group in facebook)
    ~ Enter Here ~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3607416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oneal Degrassi
    I personally don't feel that the technique explained above is working anymore. If it is, it won't be for long. It's just one of those cases where greedy, link-obsessed IMers ruined a good marketing technique.

    Like Alexa said, they'll figure it out - probably when it's too late. LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3608188].message }}

Trending Topics