Internet marketing mentor experience, anyone?

17 replies
Hi everyone! I have just registered to this great forum and I hope to bring some value in the near future to all of you!

I have been almost 3 years marketing online with little success (I have made some cash but hardly to pay for my long hours stucked on the screen, lol) and I am at the point where I am considering to get a mentor/coach to get the success I am looking for, mainly in the affiliate marketing and CPA field.

I'd like to ask you guys if anybody has had any experience hiring a coach or mentor that would like to share his or her experience?

I am in the UK and have been thinking to get coached by people like Saj P, Chris Cobb, Scott rewick or Mark Anastasi. Any ideas about or experiences with these people? suggestions anyone?

Many thanks!
#chris cobb #coach. mentor #experience #internet #marketing #mentor #saj p
  • Profile picture of the author RyanHaus
    Originally Posted by SuccessMarketer View Post

    Hi everyone! I have just registered to this great forum and I hope to bring some value in the near future to all of you!

    I have been almost 3 years marketing online with little success (I have made some cash but hardly to pay for my long hours stucked on the screen, lol) and I am at the point where I am considering to get a mentor/coach to get the success I am looking for, mainly in the affiliate marketing and CPA field.

    I'd like to ask you guys if anybody has had any experience hiring a coach or mentor that would like to share his or her experience?

    I am in the UK and have been thinking to get coached by people like Saj P, Chris Cobb, Scott rewick or Mark Anastasi. Any ideas about or experiences with these people? suggestions anyone?

    Many thanks!
    If you want a coach, you should look at Chris Farrell. Google him. His teachings are fun and crystal clear. Also very inexpensive. You would pay $5 the first week as a trial to access all his material and then $37 a month after that for as long as you need it. His membership includes hosting as well and I have heard of coaching programs that range for $250 -$10,000 that aren't even worth the cost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supersport
    Hi Success Marketer.

    I stated on the internet when I was 16 years old. I dropped out of high school because I thought I had the internet figured out after making some adsense money on my blog. About 1 month in I started wondering what the heck I got myself into. I thought that since I had a nice looking website I was going to start making millions of dollars just like that from adsense. Wow was I wrong. I sort of hit rock bottom and thought I screwed my whole life up.

    Instead of quitting, I sat at my computer for 6 months straight. I literally lost all of my friends and became very anti social. I would work 30 hour days (yes, 30 hour days) and then sleep for 4-5 hours and do it all again. I would constantly just learn, learn, and learn some more. I would test out a variety of different ways to make money online to see which one worked the best. My family all turned on me and told me I was a loser for dropping out of high school and said I would never make it on the internet. I really did not have a single person in my life. Just the internet. Although the odds were against me, I worked very hard, to the point that I was rushed to the hospital twice because my body was shutting down from not sleeping.

    Everyone I talked to constantly told me to give up but I never did. I sat at my computer and tested everything. About a year ago when I was 19, I launched my first successful company and it made me over 300 000 dollars in one year.

    All I can tell you my friend is that if you really want to succeed, you need to find it inside yourself and do it. You can not teach entrepreneurship. It's either your an entrepreneur or your not. Everything I know today I taught myself. Not a single person ever helped me out in anyway.

    Nothing in life comes for free (except if you win the lottery). The best advice I can give you is challenge yourself to succeed and constantly strive for it. Not having a mentor is much more challenging, but much more rewarding. Trust me.

    Anyways , just my two cents

    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648266].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BenoitT
      Very true. You have to put all your heart inside it and try to see your online business like an offline business. Don't model scams from Clickbank is my only advise.

      Originally Posted by supersport View Post

      Hi Success Marketer.

      I stated on the internet when I was 16 years old. I dropped out of high school because I thought I had the internet figured out after making some adsense money on my blog. About 1 month in I started wondering what the heck I got myself into. I thought that since I had a nice looking website I was going to start making millions of dollars just like that from adsense. Wow was I wrong. I sort of hit rock bottom and thought I screwed my whole life up.

      Instead of quitting, I sat at my computer for 6 months straight. I literally lost all of my friends and became very anti social. I would work 30 hour days (yes, 30 hour days) and then sleep for 4-5 hours and do it all again. I would constantly just learn, learn, and learn some more. I would test out a variety of different ways to make money online to see which one worked the best. My family all turned on me and told me I was a loser for dropping out of high school and said I would never make it on the internet. I really did not have a single person in my life. Just the internet. Although the odds were against me, I worked very hard, to the point that I was rushed to the hospital twice because my body was shutting down from not sleeping.

      Everyone I talked to constantly told me to give up but I never did. I sat at my computer and tested everything. About a year ago when I was 19, I launched my first successful company and it made me over 300 000 dollars in one year.

      All I can tell you my friend is that if you really want to succeed, you need to find it inside yourself and do it. You can not teach entrepreneurship. It's either your an entrepreneur or your not. Everything I know today I taught myself. Not a single person ever helped me out in anyway.

      Nothing in life comes for free (except if you win the lottery). The best advice I can give you is challenge yourself to succeed and constantly strive for it. Not having a mentor is much more challenging, but much more rewarding. Trust me.

      Anyways , just my two cents

      Good Luck!
      Signature

      Benoit Tremblay

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SuccessMarketer
      Hi supersport,

      Thanks for your superdetailed reply. I must say I have been there too... spending all the hours online (for the last 2 years). the only differenece is that I have been trying to create wealth for the last 12 years (since you were 8 years old,lol) in different fields like property, network marketing and other self employed ventures (ie: milkman ) and I have discovered that those 12 "painful" years could have been shortened I have had a mentor. To give you an example, last few months I had a mentor relating to health and nutrition and even thought I Knew a lot a about health for years, I never got the results I was after... now, boy it's a different story! I never felt so good! I wonder why I did not get myself a coach years ago! lol

      Your story is very inspiring, keep it up and all the best mate!

      Originally Posted by supersport View Post

      Hi Success Marketer.

      I stated on the internet when I was 16 years old. I dropped out of high school because I thought I had the internet figured out after making some adsense money on my blog. About 1 month in I started wondering what the heck I got myself into. I thought that since I had a nice looking website I was going to start making millions of dollars just like that from adsense. Wow was I wrong. I sort of hit rock bottom and thought I screwed my whole life up.

      Instead of quitting, I sat at my computer for 6 months straight. I literally lost all of my friends and became very anti social. I would work 30 hour days (yes, 30 hour days) and then sleep for 4-5 hours and do it all again. I would constantly just learn, learn, and learn some more. I would test out a variety of different ways to make money online to see which one worked the best. My family all turned on me and told me I was a loser for dropping out of high school and said I would never make it on the internet. I really did not have a single person in my life. Just the internet. Although the odds were against me, I worked very hard, to the point that I was rushed to the hospital twice because my body was shutting down from not sleeping.

      Everyone I talked to constantly told me to give up but I never did. I sat at my computer and tested everything. About a year ago when I was 19, I launched my first successful company and it made me over 300 000 dollars in one year.

      All I can tell you my friend is that if you really want to succeed, you need to find it inside yourself and do it. You can not teach entrepreneurship. It's either your an entrepreneur or your not. Everything I know today I taught myself. Not a single person ever helped me out in anyway.

      Nothing in life comes for free (except if you win the lottery). The best advice I can give you is challenge yourself to succeed and constantly strive for it. Not having a mentor is much more challenging, but much more rewarding. Trust me.

      Anyways , just my two cents

      Good Luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648401].message }}
      • Originally Posted by SuccessMarketer View Post

        Hi supersport,

        Thanks for your superdetailed reply. I must say I have been there too... spending all the hours online (for the last 2 years). the only differenece is that I have been trying to create wealth for the last 12 years (since you were 8 years old,lol) in different fields like property, network marketing and other self employed ventures (ie: milkman ) and I have discovered that those 12 "painful" years could have been shortened I have had a mentor. To give you an example, last few months I had a mentor relating to health and nutrition and even thought I Knew a lot a about health for years, I never got the results I was after... now, boy it's a different story! I never felt so good! I wonder why I did not get myself a coach years ago! lol

        Your story is very inspiring, keep it up and all the best mate!
        This is something that every newbie must learn. Persistence and keep believing! Two thumbs up!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3649460].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KevinChapman
      Originally Posted by supersport View Post

      Hi Success Marketer.

      I stated on the internet when I was 16 years old. I dropped out of high school because I thought I had the internet figured out after making some adsense money on my blog. About 1 month in I started wondering what the heck I got myself into. I thought that since I had a nice looking website I was going to start making millions of dollars just like that from adsense. Wow was I wrong. I sort of hit rock bottom and thought I screwed my whole life up.

      Instead of quitting, I sat at my computer for 6 months straight. I literally lost all of my friends and became very anti social. I would work 30 hour days (yes, 30 hour days) and then sleep for 4-5 hours and do it all again. I would constantly just learn, learn, and learn some more. I would test out a variety of different ways to make money online to see which one worked the best. My family all turned on me and told me I was a loser for dropping out of high school and said I would never make it on the internet. I really did not have a single person in my life. Just the internet. Although the odds were against me, I worked very hard, to the point that I was rushed to the hospital twice because my body was shutting down from not sleeping.

      Everyone I talked to constantly told me to give up but I never did. I sat at my computer and tested everything. About a year ago when I was 19, I launched my first successful company and it made me over 300 000 dollars in one year.

      All I can tell you my friend is that if you really want to succeed, you need to find it inside yourself and do it. You can not teach entrepreneurship. It's either your an entrepreneur or your not. Everything I know today I taught myself. Not a single person ever helped me out in anyway.

      Nothing in life comes for free (except if you win the lottery). The best advice I can give you is challenge yourself to succeed and constantly strive for it. Not having a mentor is much more challenging, but much more rewarding. Trust me.

      Anyways , just my two cents

      Good Luck!
      Thank you for your story, it's very inspiring!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7978817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SuccessMarketer
    Hi Ryanhaus, thanks for the advice, I have actually been checking Chris farrell's website and it looks interesting (and seems a very likeable, genuine guy too). Many thanks mate


    Originally Posted by RyanHaus View Post

    If you want a coach, you should look at Chris Farrell. Google him. His teachings are fun and crystal clear. Also very inexpensive. You would pay $5 the first week as a trial to access all his material and then $37 a month after that for as long as you need it. His membership includes hosting as well and I have heard of coaching programs that range for $250 -$10,000 that aren't even worth the cost.
    Originally Posted by SuccessMarketer View Post

    Hi everyone! I have just registered to this great forum and I hope to bring some value in the near future to all of you!

    I have been almost 3 years marketing online with little success (I have made some cash but hardly to pay for my long hours stucked on the screen, lol) and I am at the point where I am considering to get a mentor/coach to get the success I am looking for, mainly in the affiliate marketing and CPA field.

    I'd like to ask you guys if anybody has had any experience hiring a coach or mentor that would like to share his or her experience?

    I am in the UK and have been thinking to get coached by people like Saj P, Chris Cobb, Scott rewick or Mark Anastasi. Any ideas about or experiences with these people? suggestions anyone?

    Many thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikeroosa
    Chris Farrell is a good guy but I found the site for real beginners. It may be just what you are looking for, but I think you'd be better off getting one on one coaching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SuccessMarketer
      Hi migeroosa, that's what stopped me signing up to his site, I have alraedy made my "first dollar" and I have the basics (I like to think) so yes, one on one is what I feel will make the difference. Any suggestions or experience with that? Thanks for the advice btw


      Originally Posted by mikeroosa View Post

      Chris Farrell is a good guy but I found the site for real beginners. It may be just what you are looking for, but I think you'd be better off getting one on one coaching.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Point Blank
    I agree with the Ben & Super.

    After reading most of Napoleon hills books & analyzing peoples success stories it made things abundantly clear to me. If you want success you must find it, not wait for it to find you.

    Keep the progress moving forward and it will be a matter of time before you start making cake.

    Cheeers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 3rin
    I was thinking the same thing, finding a coach to help me through some stuff. I am just afraid that they will take my ideas...lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648489].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
      Originally Posted by 3rin View Post

      I am just afraid that they will take my ideas...lol.
      As a coach that "fear" would be one of the first things
      I'd want you to work on.

      Risk taking is a critical part of running any business and
      a "scarcity" approach will hold you back.

      No reputable coach would "take" a clients idea. In fact,
      a really good coach will help you to refine and improve
      your ideas and guide you in implementing them.

      John
      Signature
      John's Internet Marketing News, Views & Reviews: John Taylor Online
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3648806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Getting one on one coaching and support has been one of the keys to my success. I have been marketing full time online since 2007. Treat Internet Marketing like going to college. Don't try to learn 10 things at once, master Video Marketing, Article Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Marketing. Those are the Top 4 in my opinion you need to learn.
    Signature

    Learn to become Digital, Internet and Social Media Marketing Consultant to Business Owners
    Click here to learn more - Internet, Digital and Social Media Marketing Training Course

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3649414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SuccessMarketer
    I have been looking into that as well as I am in stuart Ross' list... sounds really interesting... I am looking at all the options really...


    Originally Posted by LaurenceandDonnaSwann View Post

    Hi Success Marketer,

    We are part of the SIX Figure Mentors (SFM) a facility for "building an online business" which is run by top Internet Marketers who have been making large amounts of money for several years. The SFM is not a "get rich quick" scheme it doesn't guarantee that you will be earning $20,000 a month within the next few months, but what it does promise is to provide you with all the tools, training, coaching and most importantly community to help you achieve your goals. The community aspects is really great, meeting like minded people in your area (through monthly mastermind groups) who help and advise each other in this line of business. We have found the SFM invaluable and a great way to get started in the Internet Marketing world.

    If you wan to ask any questions about the SFM feel free to private message me or ill reply to the post. You can also check out a series of free videos available from our signature that fully explains the SFM.

    Thanks and the best of luck,

    D & L
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3649892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sparkyboy
    did you get the one one after ? how did it go ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7978547].message }}
  • All big names have big problems. They do not have time to give you special attention. You need to find someone who can show you the path clearly. I was fortunate enough to find one guy who really changed my life. He offers some free strategy coaching, if interested let me how, i will give you his contact
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7978558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shatish Rao
    Hi SuccessMarketer,

    I was in a coaching program previously with James Francis from Online Income Masterclass - By James Francis ( not an affiliate link)


    He does a coaching webinar for his students twice a month and at the end of each session, you are free to ask him any questions regarding the webinar.

    There are also tons of tutorial videos for complete beginners to right up to the more advanced videos.

    What I liked most about his approach was, he like to keep things simple and he goes to great lengths if we have any problem.

    There was once I asked him a simple question, regarding a squeezepage and he sent me a lengthy reply and went through such detail to make sure I did everything right.

    It's a monthly membership site, It's $47/mth and the he provides great tutorial and courses for his students. You can cancel anytime without much hassel.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7978822].message }}

Trending Topics