Self-proclaimed expert blogger, spkeaker = sucker

by Adie
32 replies
What do you think of this person?

I discovered someone here in my country trying to organize a bloggers organization and conducting "make money through blogging" seminars and charging innocent people some considerable amount of money for her blogging courses.

My friend who is not really familiar with blogging borrowed some money from my sister (around $400) and joined her club. I discovered this when my friend paid a visit to my sister after around a month since he joined and got nothing. He asked me what I am doing online and I explained to him everything. He was impressed and started to open-up his experience. I was shocked when I found out that the module he got was some free "how tos" information available almost everywhere.I gave him the links where the module were taken "mostly from EZA" and he was very disappointed. he taught he was robbed.

There are dozens of people who paid for her package and attended a short seminar. Most of these people borrowed money from others because of the promises and sales hype they heard. The amount involved is not a joke considering the value of money here.

The person who conducts this "blogging seminar" has a crappy personal blog and don't even have an adsense ads nor a squeeze page and not updated (last post was 3 months ago).

Do you think this kind of activity is unethical?
How can she conduct such seminar when she isn't even making money through blogging?

My friend said he will confront her and I told him it's up to him....
#blogger #expert #selfproclaimed #spkeaker #sucker
  • Profile picture of the author MikeMorgan
    It is unethical to snatch money where you don't provide real value to your customer.
    Signature
    CPA Game Changer - Coming Very Soon !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
    I discovered someone here in my country trying to organize a bloggers organization and conducting "make money through blogging" seminars and charging innocent people some considerable amount of money for her blogging courses.
    Sounds familiar.

    There are dozens of people who paid for her package and attended a short seminar. Most of these people borrowed money from others because of the promises and sales hype they heard. The amount involved is not a joke considering the value of money here.
    Sounds even more familiar.
    The person who conducts this "blogging seminar" has a crappy personal blog and don't even have an adsense ads
    Sorry but is having adsense ads on your sales page/site a prerequisite for success?

    Do you think this kind of activity is unethical?
    How can she conduct such seminar when she isn't even making money through blogging?
    How many people do you see here and everywhere else, offering MMO online courses, having not made a penny themselves?

    Well, it's not nice but I'm afraid it's a sad fact of life and a lot more common than you think.

    Doesn't make it right but I'm surprised you don't come across this sort of thing more often.
    Signature

    Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665115].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

      Sounds familiar.

      Sounds even more familiar.
      Sorry but is having adsense ads on your sales page/site a prerequisite for success?

      How many people do you see here and everywhere else, offering MMO online courses, having not made a penny themselves?

      Well, it's not nice but I'm afraid it's a sad fact of life and a lot more common than you think.

      Doesn't make it right but I'm surprised you don't come across this sort of thing more often.
      This is not new to me if I found something like this online but the reason why this is an issue to me is because it is happening locally....and the mount of money involved is not a joke here.

      No, I am not saying adsense is prerequisite as I myself is not onto it... The reason again why this is become an issue if that, the main focus of her lecture is adsense and making other people's websites as example - not her's
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665324].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by Adie View Post

        and the mount of money involved is not a joke here.

        No, I am not saying adsense is prerequisite as I myself is not onto it... The reason again why this is become an issue if that, the main focus of her lecture is adsense and making other people's websites as example - not her's
        I appreciate the money is no joke but as Suzanne has pointed out, due diligence is required. I'm also assuming the "free how to" info didn't contain one shred of information your friend could use? Would it have made a difference if the person wrote it in her own words?

        I also appreciate it's a shock it's happening locally, sadly it happens locally in my country too.

        I'm also confused Adie, in your OP you said the seminar was on blogging and the teacher wasn't making money with blogging. Above you say it's about Adsense and making other peoples websites. Do you mean she was showing people how to make Adsense blogs?

        As I said earlier Adie, as bad as it is, it does happen. Can your friend get his money back? I guess that should be the main focus if the information provided wasn't up to scratch and there's absolutely nothing he can use the information for.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665361].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adie
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          I appreciate the money is no joke but as Suzanne has pointed out, due diligence is required. I'm also assuming the "free how to" info didn't contain one shred of information your friend could use? Would it have made a difference if the person wrote it in her own words?

          I also appreciate it's a shock it's happening locally, sadly it happens locally in my country too.

          I'm also confused Adie, in your OP you said the seminar was on blogging and the teacher wasn't making money with blogging. Above you say it's about Adsense and making other peoples websites. Do you mean she was showing people how to make Adsense blogs?

          As I said earlier Adie, as bad as it is, it does happen. Can your friend get his money back? I guess that should be the main focus if the information provided wasn't up to scratch and there's absolutely nothing he can use the information for.
          When someone asks for a sample site, she is referring her customers to some niche sites owned by other people. She don't have anything to show from her own work...
          Signature



          Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

          Signature edited.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665517].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
            Originally Posted by Adie View Post

            When someone asks for a sample site, she is referring her customers to some niche sites owned by other people. She don't have anything to show from her own work...
            Sorry Adie, I'm getting more confused by the minute, above you're saying she doesn't have her own site but in the OP you said...

            The person who conducts this "blogging seminar" has a crappy personal blog and don't even have an adsense ads nor a squeeze page and not updated (last post was 3 months ago).
            I appreciate this isn't your first language Adie and this isn't easy for you but I don't quite get this.

            Originally she had a blog that had no Adsense and she was teaching blogging. Now she's teaching Adsense and site creation and doesn't have a site of her own.

            Sorry Adie I'm all in a muddle here :confused:
            Signature

            Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665537].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Adie
              Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

              Sorry Adie, I'm getting more confused by the minute, above you're saying she doesn't have her own site but in the OP you said...

              I appreciate this isn't your first language Adie and this isn't easy for you but I don't quite get this.

              Originally she had a blog that had no Adsense and she was teaching blogging. Now she's teaching Adsense and site creation and doesn't have a site of her own.

              Sorry Adie I'm all in a muddle here :confused:
              I don't understand which one you didn't understand. Yes, she has a site but could not refer her customers to it because it is not earning... so she needed earning sites owned by other people to use as examples... I did never said "she didn't have a site". What I said was, she have nothing to show from her own work (because as I said it is not earning)... You're making the information even more complicated Richard...

              Read again. I did never mentioned she don't have a site....
              Signature



              Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

              Signature edited.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665683].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
                Originally Posted by Adie View Post

                I don't understand which one you didn't understand. Yes, she has a site but could not refer her customers to it because it is not earning... so she needed earning sites owned by other people to use as examples... I did never said "she didn't have a site". What I said was, she have nothing to show from her own work (because as I said it is not earning)... You're making the information even more complicated Richard...
                Dreadfully sorry Adie.

                I hope your friend gets his money back.
                Signature

                Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665710].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Adie
                  Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

                  Dreadfully sorry Adie.

                  I hope your friend gets his money back.
                  No problem... I am actually not expecting him to get his money back.. I am expecting him to focus more and make more money in the right way...
                  Signature



                  Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

                  Signature edited.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665719].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
                    The person who conducts this "blogging seminar" has a crappy personal blog and don't even have an adsense ads nor a squeeze page and not updated (last post was 3 months ago).
                    A personal blog would certainly not be a sales blog. I don't attempt to sell anything on my personal blog - I have a number of others for that purpose, plus, I seldom update it :-)

                    When someone asks for a sample site, she is referring her customers to some niche sites owned by other people. She don't have anything to show from her own work...
                    Some of my niche sites appear to be owned by people other than myself; I have created several pen names for marketing in specific niches. Nonetheless, the sites are mine and all my own work.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrea Wilson
    I feel so bad that your friend has came across a false claim about this matter. There is real money to be made online with or without adsense and we can all read and lear4n all about them using the internet. I understand the situation that he felt like he was robbed because the information shared was actually free all along. There are lots of products which are made for the sake of money.

    Andrea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Adie View Post

    The person who conducts this "blogging seminar" has a crappy personal blog and don't even have an adsense ads nor a squeeze page and not updated (last post was 3 months ago).
    I can understand her wanting to avoid AdSense and squeeze pages, of course (I don't use either, myself, after a lot of split-testing of squeeze pages), but you'd think she'd want a decent, regularly updated blog if she's teaching people how to make money from them.

    Originally Posted by Adie View Post

    Do you think this kind of activity is unethical?
    No, not at all.

    I think it's arguably immoral (but that's an entirely different question).

    But "unethical"? No.

    She may be making available to people a big collection of information that wouldn't otherwise be available to them. It may not be her information, and it might be trivially easy for her (or for anyone) to do that, but so what? It might be pretty reasonable information, anyway? Delivering what was promised? In which case it's no disaster, surely?

    Originally Posted by Adie View Post

    How can she conduct such seminar when she isn't even making money through blogging?
    So, she's making money through teaching instead?

    That's true of the authors of 90%+ of the "article marketing guidebooks" available online, too, you know? They're certainly not making money by doing what they teach, because what they teach is nonsense based on mistaken beliefs and doesn't work anyway. I think that's far more questionable than what you're describing here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Of course it's unethical if the product isn't delivering what was promised, but unfortunately, there's a lot of unethical people in the world. You can't "out" them here. Rule #1 prohibits that.

    People need to do some research before buying. Some will still get scammed. There may be some remedy through the payment service. How did your friend pay for it? Can he do a chargeback?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wills
    That is definitely unfortunate, but it happens. Sure, you even get people on here asking how they can make some money. Then in their signature they have a link that will apparently show you, how to make $xxx in xx days.

    I hope your friend can get your money back, if the course truly was useless. Let us know how your friend gets on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    I would suggest it is your friend who is at fault. There is a reason he had to borrow money to join the service. There is also a reason why his investment has not panned out as well. It's most likely the same reason for both.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

      I would suggest it is your friend who is at fault. There is a reason he had to borrow money to join the service. There is also a reason why his investment has not panned out as well. It's most likely the same reason for both.
      If you are teaching people how to do this and how to do that without providing the real steps like keyword research and in depth SEO, do you expect someone to earn from this investment?

      The lady is teaching how to create blogs and how to post. Just the very basic ones. She is not teaching how to do the keyword research, niche selection, wp installation and useful plugins, monetization, seo, etc... could you blame the newbie? I don't think so......
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665848].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Sorrell
        For that $400 you could have few v good blogs set up for you, all monetized and ready to go, plus get some seo services thrown in for good measure and still have enough for a day trip somewhere. If your friend can get a chargeback sorted out then see it as a lesson. Ultimately, $400 is enough money to be parting with to ensure some serious due diligence is being done.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3665889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    So, what's your point?

    This person is making money teaching how to make money online. I hear it's quite popular.

    Perhaps she isn't qualified to teach the course. Maybe the information is basic and generic. It's not unreasonable to believe that unrealistic expectation were given and it's even possible that she is overcharging for what was delivered.

    It's nothing new. I think I've heard this story before.

    And yeah, it is F'd up, but whatever.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666139].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by christopher jon View Post

      So, what's your point?

      This person is making money teaching how to make money online. I hear it's quite popular.

      Perhaps she isn't qualified to teach the course. Maybe the information is basic and generic. It's not unreasonable to believe that unrealistic expectation were given and it's even possible that she is overcharging for what was delivered.

      It's nothing new. I think I've heard this story before.

      And yeah, it is F'd up, but whatever.
      Responding without reading other people's replies.. My friend lost $400 and of course that's not your problem. thank you
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666227].message }}
  • despite it being deceptive and crap training, have you considered the "ladies" situation?

    People do some pretty desperate things in times of need. Just sayin' - Could be more to it...

    Tried for years, fed up, instead chooses to believe that it's all a scam and the money is in making others believe so.

    Maybe she's stuck for money and this was a last ditch attempt by her before she goes without food; a home, and a bed?

    To be fair, I've heard of courses in the UK that cost quite a bit just to learn how to setup your website accounts in WHM, changing the NameServers to your host, allocating space, setting up usernames and passwords.

    And then CPANEL, Wordpress and so forth... things you can learn if you play around with them long enough, and people pay good money to skip the trial-and-error part.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    Responding without reading other people's replies.. thank you
    No. I read them.

    This is a pot meet kettle post.

    But I think you fail to see it.

    Here is a hint: similar complaints are posted daily, they are always deleted.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666282].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by christopher jon View Post

      No. I read them.

      This is a pot meet kettle post.

      But I think you fail to see it.

      Here is a hint: similar complaints are posted daily, they are always deleted.
      I am not complaining.. I am sharing and this is totally different from other threads you see daily..and you are late to tell me that.... I see no point in asking me what is my point...

      Originally Posted by Jason Perez O'Connor View Post

      despite it being deceptive and crap training, have you considered the "ladies" situation?

      People do some pretty desperate things in times of need. Just sayin' - Could be more to it...

      Tried for years, fed up, instead chooses to believe that it's all a scam and the money is in making others believe so.

      Maybe she's stuck for money and this was a last ditch attempt by her before she goes without food; a home, and a bed?

      To be fair, I've heard of courses in the UK that cost quite a bit just to learn how to setup your website accounts in WHM, changing the NameServers to your host, allocating space, setting up usernames and passwords.

      And then CPANEL, Wordpress and so forth... things you can learn if you play around with them long enough, and people pay good money to skip the trial-and-error part.
      The lady has good financial status and is known to be popularity hungry... There is no problem is these people have enough money to pay, but as I stated, most of them borrowed from others.. I already talked to 6 of those who attended and majority of them have the same feedback after they discovered what she was teaching....
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joymarino
    The people that attended need to speak out about the experience (good or bad). Feedback goes viral either way. If they felt taken advantage of, it is up to them to make sure they get their money back and that this proclaimed 'expert' never gets another chance to rip people off. If, however, the majority got something of value out of it, then perhaps the 'expert' should be told on how to calm down the hype and market what actually IS of value. Hard to say, since I wasn't there, or a part of it, but those that were hurt by it need to SPEAK OUT against it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Faber
    It's too bad the course didn't live up to her expectations. All the more reason to do some digging before signing up for or buying anything, either online or off.

    As for much of the material being available for free online - virtually all information on just about any topic you could wish for is available for free online; if you know where to look and are willing to put in the time to research and find it. Part of the value you should receive for a course is having the information all organized and in one place so you save your valuable time. A bit of personal service and mentoring on the topic in question wouldn't hurt either.

    Of course, there is always the possibility that the person "teaching" the course really doesn't know a lick about what they suppose to teach, thus the lack of value in their course. Lesson here: Always go beyond the sales page.

    For something like blogging, there is so much free information on the basics of making money from a blog, especially here that maybe she should have started by browsing a few of the posts here and joined the war room.

    It can seem pretty overwhelming for newbies. Have her start at the beginning. Is she looking to build a real, long term business from her blog with sustained readership, or just some quick, CB bucks.

    If she wants to go long term she has to start by planning and answering questions, especially if this is her first real blog. You can short cut the process later, after you've learned a few things.

    What are you passionate about?
    That will make it easier to keep posting and engage your readers.

    What do readers want from a blog in your chosen niche?

    How are you going to monetize it?
    There are so many choices, and different niches are better monetized with different strategies.

    How am I going to promote it?
    This could fill a volume in itself, and it certainly has. Some of the most effective strategies are guest posting, blog carnivals, social bookmarking, forum marketing, article syndication, and directory listings. A good guest posting strategy can't be beat for building relationships with other bloggers in your niche, which is hugely important for both long term growth, building traffic, and promoting future product offerings. Article syndication in the right e-zines can rapidly bring readers also.

    What is your exit strategy?
    You won't blog forever (on the other hand, maybe you will), so how are you going to get out of it and get some compensation at the same time?

    This is just the beginning. There are so many other things that you need to look at. Start in this forum. It's a gold mine.
    Signature
    For Killer Marketing Tips that Will Grow Your Business Follow Me on Twitter Now
    After all, you're probably following a few hundred people already that aren't doing squat for you.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by Steve Faber View Post

      It's too bad the course didn't live up to her expectations. All the more reason to do some digging before signing up for or buying anything, either online or off.

      As for much of the material being available for free online - virtually all information on just about any topic you could wish for is available for free online; if you know where to look and are willing to put in the time to research and find it. Part of the value you should receive for a course is having the information all organized and in one place so you save your valuable time. A bit of personal service and mentoring on the topic in question wouldn't hurt either.

      Of course, there is always the possibility that the person "teaching" the course really doesn't know a lick about what they suppose to teach, thus the lack of value in their course. Lesson here: Always go beyond the sales page.

      For something like blogging, there is so much free information on the basics of making money from a blog, especially here that maybe she should have started by browsing a few of the posts here and joined the war room.

      It can seem pretty overwhelming for newbies. Have her start at the beginning. Is she looking to build a real, long term business from her blog with sustained readership, or just some quick, CB bucks.

      If she wants to go long term she has to start by planning and answering questions, especially if this is her first real blog. You can short cut the process later, after you've learned a few things.

      What are you passionate about?
      That will make it easier to keep posting and engage your readers.

      What do readers want from a blog in your chosen niche?

      How are you going to monetize it?
      There are so many choices, and different niches are better monetized with different strategies.

      How am I going to promote it?
      This could fill a volume in itself, and it certainly has. Some of the most effective strategies are guest posting, blog carnivals, social bookmarking, forum marketing, article syndication, and directory listings. A good guest posting strategy can't be beat for building relationships with other bloggers in your niche, which is hugely important for both long term growth, building traffic, and promoting future product offerings. Article syndication in the right e-zines can rapidly bring readers also.

      What is your exit strategy?
      You won't blog forever (on the other hand, maybe you will), so how are you going to get out of it and get some compensation at the same time?

      This is just the beginning. There are so many other things that you need to look at. Start in this forum. It's a gold mine.
      Great info Steve. It's only sad to see that non of these is included in her module. I got a copy and I can really tell... It's like a summary of EZA search result when you type "make money blogging"....
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666391].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        I got a copy and I can really tell... It's like a summary of EZA search result when you type "make money blogging"....
        You "got" a copy? As in for free?

        It may be a scammy product - but your friend wasn't smart if he borrowed money to buy an "easy money" product. You weren't very ethical yourself if you got the product without paying for it.

        A lot of info products for sale are little more than collections of info found elsewhere - that's nothing new.

        You initially said "he joined and got nothing" but it seems the "nothing" was what he earned - and you never say if he put in any work himself.

        kay
        Signature
        Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
    Originally Posted by Adie View Post

    My friend who is not really familiar with blogging borrowed some money from my sister (around $400) and joined her club.
    So, neither your friend nor your sister thought, hey, let's ask Adie about this before we fork over $400 to this woman?
    Signature

    Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

    Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by Dan C. Rinnert View Post

      So, neither your friend nor your sister thought, hey, let's ask Adie about this before we fork over $400 to this woman?
      Last time I checked, I said "these people are totally newbies" and doesn't even knew what I am doing... He did not told my sister where to spend the money.. he just said it was an emergency...


      It may be a scammy product - but your friend wasn't smart if he borrowed money to buy an "easy money" product. You weren't very ethical yourself if you got the product without paying for it.

      A lot of info products for sale are little more than collections of info found elsewhere - that's nothing new.

      You initially said "he joined and got nothing" but it seems the "nothing" was what he earned - and you never say if he put in any work himself.

      kay
      My friend had shown it to me to take a look that's why I found out it was a free material online. He was asking so he presented details...
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666775].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
        Originally Posted by Adie View Post

        Last time I checked, I said "these people are totally newbies" and doesn't even knew what I am doing... He did not told my sister where to spend the money.. he just said it was an emergency...
        So, he had to borrow the money to go to this event. He had to lie to get that money. Instead of confronting this woman, maybe your friend should be marrying her. They perhaps have much in common.
        Signature

        Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

        Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666894].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adie
          Originally Posted by Dan C. Rinnert View Post

          So, he had to borrow the money to go to this event. He had to lie to get that money. Instead of confronting this woman, maybe your friend should be marrying her. They perhaps have much in common.
          Saying emergency is not lying.. emergency because he needed it that day immediately and whatever his reasons as long as he pay, there is no problem..

          OMG I don't understand why I am responding to some useless posts... The problem here sometimes some people wanted to get recognized by posting crap...
          Signature



          Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

          Signature edited.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3667010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oneal Degrassi
    This is great news, actually. Isn't it a prerequisite of IM success...getting ripped off at least once? Now they can succeed!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3666970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      My friend had shown it to me to take a look that's why I found out it was a free material online. He was asking so he presented details...
      But the end result is you are negatively reviewing a product you didn't buy - and chances are your friend did not have the rights to share the product with you.

      Just saying - if you are going to complain about ethics of others, you need to be above ethics complaints yourself. Glass houses and all that....

      The entire story is a trainwreck of bad decisions on the part of several people - and they can't all be blamed on the product seller whether the product is good or not. Hopefully your friend - and your sister - learned something from this.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3667016].message }}

Trending Topics