Article Marketing and Blog Post!!

63 replies
I have a website with a few articles on it.Now I supppose to do article marketing and my target sites are : Ezine, Articlebase, hubpage and squidoo.So I really want to know that should I submit my article which has writen for my blog (my blog post) to these article directories or I should create a new and different one then submit it
Thanks
#article #blog #marketing #post
  • Profile picture of the author darman82
    Create a new one and submit it to article directories work the best. And make sure you submit new article or rewrite those article for each article directories to make it unique.

    Hope those will help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3676308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by mmoreal View Post

    should I submit my article which has writen for my blog (my blog post) to these article directories
    Yes.

    That's what most of the successful, experienced, professional article marketers here are regularly doing.

    I have over 1,200 articles on EZA (and most of them are in a couple of other directories, too), all of which were originally published and indexed on my own sites first.

    You don't need to create a "new and different one" for article directories. This isn't an advantageous use of original content at all, and it isn't necessary at all, either.

    When you have time to read this long and excellent thread, you'll find among all the incidental chat in the thread some very detailed answers to your question above (all the experts in agreement about it! ) and answers to a lot of other article marketing questions you're likely to have as you go along, too. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3676656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seoresources
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677217].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author laurie390
        I read a post written by Jeff Herring (he does a LOT with article marketing) and this is how he explained it:

        If the article is on your website or blog and you are going to submit that article to directories and point the readers back to the same site or blog where your article is posted, then you need to change it about 20%. That is what the issue with duplicate content is.

        He seems to know what he's talking about - you can google him and read his blog for lots of tips.

        I hope that helps!
        Signature

        Laurie Neumann
        Huge PLR Closeout Sale at Quality Internet Marketing PLR

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677268].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by laurie390 View Post

          I read a post written by Jeff Herring (he does a LOT with article marketing) and this is how he explained it:

          If the article is on your website or blog and you are going to submit that article to directories and point the readers back to the same site or blog where your article is posted, then you need to change it about 20%. That is what the issue with duplicate content is.
          This is completely wrong.

          Like so many people giving advice to others, he has apparently entirely misunderstood what "duplicate content" means to Google. He may think of that issue as relating somehow to "duplicate content", within his meaning of the term, but Google doesn't see it that way, and has said so openly and repeatedly. :rolleyes:

          He's apparently thinking of "syndicated content" and imagines that there's some benefit to having two versions differing by 20% rather than being identical.

          This is exactly the sort of widespread "urban myth of internet marketing" of which I took notice, myself, when I first started article marketing. It damaged my business and actually prevented me from earning a living until - like many others here - I eventually learned better.

          The difference between duplicate content and syndicated content, which is absolutely fundamental to article marketing for anyone wanting fact rather than opinion, is fairly clearly explained in this thread.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677275].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author laurie390
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            This is completely wrong.

            Like so many people giving advice to others, he has apparently entirely misunderstood what "duplicate content" means to Google. He may think of that issue as relating somehow to "duplicate content", within his meaning of the term, but Google doesn't see it that way, and has said so openly and repeatedly. :rolleyes:

            He's apparently thinking of "syndicated content" and imagines that there's some benefit to having two versions differing by 20% rather than being identical.

            This is exactly the sort of widespread "urban myth of internet marketing" of which I took notice, myself, when I first started article marketing. It damaged my business and actually prevented me from earning a living until - like many others here - I eventually learned better.

            The difference between duplicate content and syndicated content, which is absolutely fundamental to article marketing for anyone wanting fact rather than opinion, is fairly clearly explained in this thread.
            Wow, I"m sorry to hear that:-( I thought I had finally heard an explanation that I could understand! I"ll take a look at the thread you posted.
            Signature

            Laurie Neumann
            Huge PLR Closeout Sale at Quality Internet Marketing PLR

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677969].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
          Originally Posted by laurie390 View Post

          I read a post written by Jeff Herring (he does a LOT with article marketing) and this is how he explained it:

          If the article is on your website or blog and you are going to submit that article to directories and point the readers back to the same site or blog where your article is posted, then you need to change it about 20%. That is what the issue with duplicate content is.

          He seems to know what he's talking about - you can google him and read his blog for lots of tips.

          I hope that helps!
          That is not what he says in his blog post.

          In his post he talking about linking your EZA article back to the exact same article on your website. He is saying to change it because if people click through to the exact same article that they just read, they are not going to get any additional value from reading your website.

          The rest of that post goes on the say that in his experience you only need to rewrite the article about 20 percent to help your visitors get additional value. His article is really telling you that you can have the same content around the internet in various places and it is OK.

          But that part of his post is about visitor experience. And adding value for the folks who come to your website.
          Signature


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677589].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author myob
            Originally Posted by JMichaelZ View Post

            That is not what he says in his blog post.

            In his post he talking about linking your EZA article back to the exact same article on your website. He is saying to change it becasue if people click through to the exact same article that they just read, they are not going to get any addiontla value from reading your website.

            The rest of that post goes on the say that in his experience you only need to rewrite the article about 20 percent to help your visitors get additional value. His article is really telling you that you can have the same content around the internet in various places and it is OK.

            But that part of his post is about visitor experience. And adding value for the folks who come to your website.
            Are we talking about article marketing here, or just playing some kind of silly game? Why would anyone submit articles to directories with a resource box pointing back to the same article that had been changed by 20%?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677655].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by myob View Post

              Are we talking about article marketing here, or just playing some kind of silly game?
              Not article marketing; no.

              Most of "these threads" purport from their titles to be about article marketing, but the conversation in them is usually about article directory marketing (and there are quite enough misunderstandings even about that to make them confusing, unreliable, conflicting and ... well, what you've called "silly games", I think). :p

              Originally Posted by myob View Post

              Why would anyone submit articles to directories with a resource box pointing back to the same article that had been changed by 20%?
              Who knows? It's just too loopy to discuss seriously on an otherwise perfectly pleasant Saturday.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677681].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
              Originally Posted by myob View Post

              Are we talking about article marketing here, or just playing some kind of silly game? Why would anyone submit articles to directories with a resource box pointing back to the same article that had been changed by 20%?
              Because they think that will enhance their visitor's experience. I am guessing here, I am not Jeff, I don't know for sure.

              Jeff Herring seems to be a popular kind of guy at EZA and he sells a bunch of what he calls article marketing products. I do not know him personally, but his online persona has always kind of struck me as being a genuinely decent kind of guy trying to teach other people what he has done that has been successful him.
              Signature


              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyland
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post


      You don't need to create a "new and different one" for article directories. This isn't an advantageous use of original content at all, and it isn't necessary at all, either.
      I am hoping Alexa or anyone can answer this question for me.

      I was under the impression that it was only Buzzle that required totally unique content that you could "not" publish elsewhere. I have articles published at ezine and wanted to re-publish at different directories such as:

      Articles Base
      Go Articles
      Article City
      Search Warp

      I was just reading the editorail guidelines at Article Base for example and they require "original Content." I gather this means "not published" else where or maybe I am not understanding this??

      In anycase, I agree that it is benefitial to get as much as you can out of your content and would like to re-publish my articles at ezine elsewhere. Any suggestions of just a few reasonable directories would be really appreciated.

      Many thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677831].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        I'm still trying to compose myself from uncontrollable laughter after the latest posts by JMichaelZ, so this is going to be short before I lose it again.

        But "original content" only means you are the original author. This is differentiated by Buzzle, which is the only article directory that requires "unique" content.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677847].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          I'm still trying to compose myself from uncontrollable laughter after the latest posts by JMichaelZ, so this is going to be short before I lose it again.

          But "original content" only means you are the original author. This is differentiated by Buzzle, which is the only article directory that requires "unique" content.
          Glad I could help you out today.

          I hope the rest of your day goes well.
          Signature


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3679097].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dele
        Originally Posted by Moneyland View Post


        In anycase, I agree that it is benefitial to get as much as you can out of your content and would like to re-publish my articles at ezine elsewhere. Any suggestions of just a few reasonable directories would be really appreciated.

        Many thanks!
        A couple of Best Article Directories for you.
        Signature

        What Others Are Saying About This Top MLM Company | Get Brand New, Brand Name Products For Pennies @ New Penny Auctions | Play Online Game At Eager Zebra Games | The source through which i smile to the Bank daily with $$$ => Top Home Based Businesses

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3767960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kierkegaard
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      I have over 1,200 articles on EZA (and most of them are in a couple of other directories, too), all of which were originally published and indexed on my own sites first.

      You don't need to create a "new and different one" for article directories. This isn't an advantageous use of original content at all, and it isn't necessary at all, either.
      How many articles do you have on EZA which were written expressly for EZA to get traffic onto your sites?

      Can you say that you have tried both (writing articles for your own sites, then posting them on EZA, and, writing articles for EZA with the express intention of driving traffic to your site) and done a comparison?

      I mention it because you seem very insistent on doing the opposite of what I have discovered through experience works best. That is, when I used to publish articles on my sites then the same ones on EZA (and others) I got far less quality traffic and made a lot less money that I do now I write original articles for EZA (and others).

      Every article I write basically says the same two things:
      • Everyone else writing on the subject is wrong
      • I am the only one who worth listening to
      I write in many different ways, using various personas each with their own 'personality' but the overall message is the same.

      Once people are on my site, I can't very well keep up the everyone else is wrong except me line, I have to deliver on that. So naturally the articles on my sites are different.

      The difference between the two types of article is that the ones on EZA make the readers feel a sense of urgency, they must keep reading and do it now. Secondly, reading any other article is pointless, a waste of time.

      I can write 5-10 of these an hour and, from experience know that they generate more sales than syndicated articles.

      Yes, I agree, that syndication gets you nice targeted traffic but the sites don't whip them up like a good article on EZA can. You may get more traffic from an authority site but you'll get better traffic from a well written article from article directory.

      Now I'm not saying that my way is the best way for everyone but it's the best way for me and since there has to be at least few people like me out there it's probably the best way for them too.

      (And we haven't even starting talking about the requirements of different niches, some don't suit the syndication route at all!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681509].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author drmani
        Still more of either/or thinking - I wonder why!

        Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

        Once people are on my site, I can't very well keep up the everyone else is wrong except me line, I have to deliver on that. So naturally the articles on my sites are different.
        Lovely point. At least some content on your own properties must be
        UNIQUE and EXCLUSIVE to your site - and not found anywhere else.
        (At least not with your permission )

        Yes, I agree, that syndication gets you nice targeted traffic but the sites don't whip them up like a good article on EZA can.
        Here's where you lost me.

        Why in the world should a 'syndicated article' fail at such a basic
        marketing task, especially when some of the world's best marketers
        use syndicated articles to do exactly that... whip up their readers
        into a frenzy!

        The benefit with doing this using syndicated articles is how much
        you can leverage just one article - by having it get distributed widely.

        All success
        Dr.Mani
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681584].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author laurie390
        I can write 5-10 of these an hour and, from experience know that they generate more sales than syndicated articles.

        Yes, I agree, that syndication gets you nice targeted traffic but the sites don't whip them up like a good article on EZA can. You may get more traffic from an authority site but you'll get better traffic from a well written article from article directory.

        I"m sorry to ask this, but I read the other thread about this and still don't quite understand. So, in simple terms, can you explain what article syndication is?

        And, am I understanding right, that you are using different articles on your site and the article directories, but the same on on all the directories?

        Thanks!
        Signature

        Laurie Neumann
        Huge PLR Closeout Sale at Quality Internet Marketing PLR

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681634].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

          ...I can write 5-10 of these an hour and, from experience know that they generate more sales than syndicated articles.

          Yes, I agree, that syndication gets you nice targeted traffic but the sites don't whip them up like a good article on EZA can. You may get more traffic from an authority site but you'll get better traffic from a well written article from article directory....
          OK, so what am I missing here? I produce an average of one article every 2-3 days, and besides EZA it gets submitted to several thousand syndicated outlets including ezines, blogs, websites, and even a number of offline publications. The traffic I get from EZA is insignificant (perhaps even irrelevant) compared to the number of targeted traffic hits each month coming from my very wide net of syndication.

          The only reason I even bother submitting articles to EZA anymore is because I have found it to be the best source for obtaining additional syndication outlets. Of course other directories may work just fine in some niches. But it is difficult for me to understand the logic behind pumping out 5-10 articles an hour for article directories when you can leverage your efforts in exponential magnitude through syndication. Every month, my income is rising as new outlets subscribe to my syndication network.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681906].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kierkegaard
            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            But it is difficult for me to understand the logic behind pumping out 5-10 articles an hour for article directories when you can leverage your efforts in exponential magnitude through syndication. Every month, my income is rising as new outlets subscribe to my syndication network.
            Maybe you don't need to understand it

            Since you are already seeing great success through syndication why waste your time time trying to figure it out when you could be using this time writing more articles?

            (but I think the key to your trouble understanding is in your admission: The traffic I get from EZA is insignificant (perhaps even irrelevant) )

            But, for other people's benefit, I'll put it this way:
            • Write articles for syndication, leverage your efforts in exponential magnitude and each and every month make $X.
            • Write 300 articles a month, make more than $X.
            Decide to spend time writing articles for EZA (and others).
            • Write articles for syndication, leverage your efforts in exponential magnitude and each and every month make $X.
            • Write 300 articles a month, make less than $X.
            Decide to spend time writing articles for Syndication.

            It's not too difficult to figure out :rolleyes:

            Originally Posted by alexa smith

            I can only repeat my observation that it's not really just me with whom you're disagreeing
            Well, you of all people, should know the power of repeating something over and over again

            And for the record the thread you keep referring to is pretty much just a long argument about the duplicate content myth - which has nothing to do with what we're talking about here. Which is people making absolute statements about article marketing.

            However, the people posting in your favourite thread I do agree with are:

            Steven wagenheim
            > "Tell me the difference between these two scenarios and PROVE it to me with cold hard facts. And before you even attempt it, I have done both and can tell you, there is NO freaking difference."

            Istvan Horvath
            > "you have to believe the same as I do and then you will understand what I am saying" If there are two faith based camps the rational arguments will never win"

            Jeremy Kelsall > "I think sometimes your dislike of EZA clouds your better Judgment "

            CDarklock > "Because there is no right answer."

            ...all the successful, professional, experienced article marketers.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682046].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author myob
              Huh?



              Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

              Maybe you don't need to understand it

              Since you are already seeing great success through syndication why waste your time time trying to figure it out when you could be using this time writing more articles?

              (but I think the key to your trouble understanding is in your admission: The traffic I get from EZA is insignificant (perhaps even irrelevant) )...

              You misquoted me: I said that "The traffic I get from EZA is insignificant (perhaps even irrelevant) compared to the number of targeted traffic hits each month coming from my very wide net of syndication." The bolded portion is what you [inadvertantly?] or quite cleverly left out. The fact is, I do get traffic from EZA, but in comparison to my syndicated network, it is as measured in percentage less than .01%. But traffic is not the main reason for using EZA or any article directory. They are a repository and marketing tool for showcasing my articles for syndication.

              With so much confusion and pushback against this very powerful model of article syndication, it is no wonder so many article marketers ultimately fail and give up with this common refrain, "article marketing is dead". You talk about writing 5-10 articles per hour, and "300" articles per month blasted to EZA. My question is "Why?". Perhaps you are experiencing what you believe to be success in marketing by "brute force" with sheer numbers of articles, but it is not sustainable. I am sure you will notice quite readily that when you lower your production of articles, your sales will also be lower.

              There are many magnitudes of leverage in writing for article syndication rather than merely for the views, clicks or traffic from article directories. The greatest advantage is that you can target virtually any niche in any market without regard for keyword competition or ranking. As I have often mentioned, all of my marketing is in dozens of some of the most hotly competitive niches (because they're also extremely lucrative), so consequently, the websites and articles never rank higher than 10,000 from the top in search engines. They're hopelessly buried under massive combinations of long tail keywords, backlinks, and obviously some very large expenditures in SEO.

              Article syndication effectively levels the playing field especially for new marketers against entrenched competition. Rather than writing for a certain number of views, clicks, or even for traffic, my writing is proactively targeted to real live readers, and the effectiveness is measured in results, or more prosaically - in sales. Each article, when fully distributed throughout my syndication network, can be expected to bring in an average revenue of $3,000 - $7,000 per month. It does take time and effort to build up for syndication, but with this model, it need not take very many articles at all to see dramatic results especially in crowded niches.

              When writing articles, whether for clicks, for traffic, or direct sales, always plan beyond just submitting to the article directories. Syndication outlets are valuable assets, much like retail chain stores. This really is not rocket science; more outlets means more exposure to your articles and more eyeballs to see your call to action. There is no better combination than quality articles submitted to quality outlets being read by qualified prospects, resulting in quality traffic - and ultimately to high conversions and/or sales. This is "article marketing" at its finest.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682130].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kierkegaard
                Originally Posted by myob View Post

                Huh?

                YouTube - Looney Tunes Theme





                You misquoted me: I said that "The traffic I get from EZA is insignificant (perhaps even irrelevant) compared to the number of targeted traffic hits each month coming from my very wide net of syndication." The bolded portion is what you [inadvertantly?] or quite cleverly left out. The fact is, I do get traffic from EZA, but in comparison to my syndicated network, it is as measured in percentage less than .01%. But traffic is not the main reason for using EZA or any article directory. They are a repository and marketing tool for showcasing my articles for syndication.

                With so much confusion and pushback against this very powerful model of article syndication, it is no wonder so many article marketers ultimately fail and give up with this common refrain, "article marketing is dead". You talk about writing 5-10 articles per hour, and "300" articles per month blasted to EZA. My question is "Why?". Perhaps you are experiencing what you believe to be success in marketing by "brute force" with sheer numbers of articles, but it is not sustainable. I am sure you will notice quite readily that when you lower your production of articles, your sales will also be lower.

                There are many magnitudes of leverage in writing for article syndication rather than merely for the views, clicks or traffic from article directories. The greatest advantage is that you can target virtually any niche in any market without regard for keyword competition or ranking. As I have often mentioned, all of my marketing is in dozens of some of the most hotly competitive niches (because they're also extremely lucrative), so consequently, the websites and articles never rank higher than 10,000 from the top in search engines. They're hopelessly buried under massive combinations of long tail keywords, backlinks, and obviously some very large expenditures in SEO.

                Article syndication effectively levels the playing field especially for new marketers against entrenched competition. Rather than writing for a certain number of views, clicks, or even for traffic, my writing is proactively targeted to real live readers, and the effectiveness is measured in results, or more prosaically - in sales. Each article, when fully distributed throughout my syndication network, can be expected to bring in an average revenue of $3,000 - $7,000 per month. It does take time and effort to build up for syndication, but with this model, it need not take very many articles at all to see dramatic results especially in crowded niches.

                When writing articles, whether for clicks, for traffic, or direct sales, always plan beyond just submitting to the article directories. Syndication outlets are valuable assets, much like retail chain stores. This really is not rocket science; more outlets means more exposure to your articles and more eyeballs to see your call to action. There is no better combination than quality articles submitted to quality outlets being read by qualified prospects, resulting in quality traffic - and ultimately to high conversions and/or sales. This is "article marketing" at its finest.
                Myob I have consistantly said, over and over again, that there is more than one way of doing things with articles.

                I have also said, over and over again, I have have written articles for syndication and written articles exclusively for directories like EZA to promote my sites. And that I have seen greater success with the second strategy.

                The question is why can't you let it go?


                In all my posts in this thread (and others) I have objected to people making absolute statements with no evidence to back them them. You repeatedly state why in theory what you advocate is better strategy for everyone whereas I have merely said what is better for me in my situation.

                To reiterate I'm suggested that there is more that one article marketing strategy and people's individual circumstances and needs vary. What is good strategy for one will not be for others.

                What's so offensive about that?

                All you seem to have contributed to the discussion is simple parroting of what others have already said and sneery comments directed at anyone who disagrees with you.

                I can't be bothered with this anymore.

                People can read the posts and make up their own minds. :rolleyes:
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3683044].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author myob
                  Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

                  Myob I have consistantly said, over and over again, that there is more than one way of doing things with articles. ... blah ... blah ... blah ... blah...
                  So far, I have never seen an explanation from you for example of how 300 articles submitted to one article directory such as EZA can be more effective than one article submitted to 300 high PR websites. Traffic from an article directory can be multiplied by massive article submissions, but traffic from one article spread out over 300 targeted outlets is exponential. The number of views can be astronomical through syndication, and is easily proven with simple 5th grade math. Is massive syndication to targeted outlets better than massive submission to context irrelevant, low PR article directories? The math alone says yes.

                  Your argument for me to "let it go" because syndication did not work for you is rather wimpy. You do keep saying over and over again that you have written articles for syndication and written articles exclusively for directories like EZA to promote your sites. And you keep saying over and over again you have seen greater success with the second strategy. You still have not answered my question, "Why?"

                  Writing for syndication is not the same as having your articles syndicated. You can't just write articles for syndication; they need to be proactively promoted to relevant publications such as ezines, high authority and high PR websites, blogs, and other outlets. Hence, we call this "article marketing". All I can see here is you have only been "article directory marketing", and a very strong hunch that none of your articles have ever been syndicated.

                  All of your misquotes from my posts, as well as claiming that I said that your method is "offensive", and what I am saying is "simple parroting of what others have already said" is coming from a position of a very weak and illogical argument. My words come from over 10 years of experience, and I have never said my way is the only way. My sneery comments have only been directed at anyone who has your type of loony logic. And your words dance quite well to the tune.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3683697].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author panduari
              Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

              ...all the successful, professional, experienced article marketers.

              good point of this...
              Signature
              GUARANTEEE $3000/month, i made it in 2 months.
              just Check This Out before you late
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682363].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Racquel_McFarlane07
                Banned
                You can use the same articles for directories and your blog. Also if you are in need of good original content feel free to PM me
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3684136].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          Originally Posted by laurie390 View Post


          Yes, I agree, that syndication gets you nice targeted traffic but the sites don't whip them up like a good article on EZA can. You may get more traffic from an authority site but you'll get better traffic from a well written article from article directory.
          Please explain this to me.

          As an example (...and very hypothetical), I have a super article on train spotting. There's a niche authority site on train spotting with lots of obsessed train spotting fans who visit the site daily for their fix of...er...whatever it is that turns trainspotters on.

          Are you saying I'd get better quality targetted visitors from an article directory than a site specifically catered for trainspotters?

          Would a trainspotter rather go to a trainspotting site, with other like minded trainspotters, or does he hang around article directories all day??

          If I want the news I go to Sky news or BBC news or whatever, not EZA. If I wanted to learn how to knit, I'd look for knitting sites, not articles on EZA.

          How does an article directory attract people better than sites specifically designed to cater for their needs?

          Forgive me Laurie, I'm not being rude, just very interested how you came to that conclusion.
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3691906].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Vogin
            I wonder if anyone has ever considered googling "duplicate content", because the first thing that pops up is Google's explanation about duplicate content...
            Signature

            ppcsluzby.cz/en - PPC agency


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3721649].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author myob
              Originally Posted by Vogin View Post

              I wonder if anyone has ever considered googling "duplicate content", because the first thing that pops up is Google's explanation about duplicate content...
              Many of us already have seen it. And it does provide an excellent distinction between "duplicate content" and "syndicated content". This is precisely the reason why I syndicate my articles widely over tens of thousands of websites, blogs, and ezine publishers, with only one copy of each on my domains.

              Syndicate carefully: If you syndicate your content on other sites, Google will always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer. However, it is helpful to ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article. You can also ask those who use your syndicated material to use the noindex meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing their version of the content.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3721701].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                Originally Posted by myob View Post

                Many of us already have seen it. And it does provide an excellent distinction between "duplicate content" and "syndicated content". This is precisely the reason why I syndicate my articles widely over tens of thousands of websites, blogs, and ezine publishers, with only one copy of each on my domains.
                Yes, as Paul posted this is one statement on Google's page about DUPLICATE content:

                Syndicate carefully: If you syndicate your content on other sites, Google will always show the version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer. However, it is helpful to ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article. You can also ask those who use your syndicated material to use the noindex meta tag to prevent search engines from indexing their version of the content.
                But we don't want to cherry-pick...So was this:
                Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar. Mostly, this is not deceptive in origin.
                And even if we accept Paul's opinion, while excluding the other relevant info on the page, the "distinction" doesn't tell us anything about how Google would treat syndicated content any differently than any other duplicate content, whether on the same domain or not.

                IMO, Google seems to indicate they want you to treat "syndicated" content exactly how you would treat doop content on the same domain, and that is to request that the publishing site of your article add a noindex meta tag to the page...

                The only difference between duplicate content and syndicated content is the intent in one's mind. Google doesn't see any difference.
                Signature
                Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3721969].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author myob
                  Originally Posted by Kurt View Post


                  ..But we don't want to cherry-pick...
                  No, but cherry picking is actually much more defensible than tightly stetching a definition to force fit an erroneous conclusion.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3722038].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by myob View Post

                Many of us already have seen it. And it does provide an excellent distinction between "duplicate content" and "syndicated content". This is precisely the reason why I syndicate my articles widely over tens of thousands of websites, blogs, and ezine publishers, with only one copy of each on my domains.
                Yes indeed.

                And useful to quote if ever one finds anyone alleging that Google treats "syndicated content" as "duplicate content", of course.

                Though this thread has turned out to be a very helpful one to which to point people, too.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3721978].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681644].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kierkegaard
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          None from the last couple of years (or a little more). Before that, about 400 - 450, in round numbers (I don't include these in my "article total" whenever I "quote" it here, because they were no use to me, by comparison, and they're all in a different pen-name which I no longer use now).

          ...Clearly - otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on my own experience of the superiority of one method over another, would I? :confused:
          If I've read this correctly your conclusions are based on under 500 articles written more than a year ago? If this is the case then you don't have much experience to judge the superiority of one method over another.

          It looks like you tried one method, weren't successful with it, then tried something different which worked for you. I'm not doubting that you are extremely successful using this second strategy but you don't have enough to say that the method you currently use is objectively better.

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith

          People's experience varies.
          Yes, this is true. People have different sites, write for different niches, have different strategies and some people do better trying one method and others do better trying another method.

          These means that we can't make statements like:

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith

          You don't need to create a "new and different one" for article directories. This isn't an advantageous use of original content at all, and it isn't necessary at all, either.
          Because...

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith

          People's experience varies.
          My only problem with your posts is you take your own subjective experience and then use this to make absolute statements.

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith

          And at the end of the day, on the subject of giving unique content to article directories without first having it indexed on your own site, it's not really me with whom you're disagreeing: it's all the successful, professional, experienced article marketers who do the opposite to you, and explain their reasons with such unity and clarity in this fine thread.
          I read that thread. It seems to be all about whether or not you should post an article you have written on your blog before or after you post it on EZA.

          Obviously, I would say that if you have written an article for your blog, never to post it on EZA.

          Doing the opposite of I do would be to write high quality articles to put on EZA which then link to short, attention grabbing advertisements posted on their blog. This would be madness.

          My point has always been, that I have tried syndication and I have tried using EZA to promote my sites with, what are in effect, adverts. Personally, I have seen much more success using this method.

          Because my articles on EZA serve only as adverts for my sites it would be pointless to post them on my sites. Therefore on the subject of "posting articles to EZA or Blog first" I'd have to say neither.

          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith

          You're "writing for clicks", in other words.
          Actually, I'm writing for money
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author laurie390
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      Yes.

      That's what most of the successful, experienced, professional article marketers here are regularly doing.

      I have over 1,200 articles on EZA (and most of them are in a couple of other directories, too), all of which were originally published and indexed on my own sites first.

      You don't need to create a "new and different one" for article directories. This isn't an advantageous use of original content at all, and it isn't necessary at all, either.

      When you have time to read this long and excellent thread, you'll find among all the incidental chat in the thread some very detailed answers to your question above (all the experts in agreement about it! ) and answers to a lot of other article marketing questions you're likely to have as you go along, too. Good luck!
      Wow - that was a very long thread, but very good! I think I have it now:-)
      Signature

      Laurie Neumann
      Huge PLR Closeout Sale at Quality Internet Marketing PLR

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688439].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author riza
        Really Intersting Thread ppl, thanks.

        Perhaps you guys can give me some advice regarding my specific situation.

        I have a site with already a couple thousand articles on it. I'm not selling anything and my only income is from the adsense i have on the pages.

        My main goal is to get them to rise in the SERPS, so i need backlinks.

        My plan is to rewrite and spin those originals and send a different spin with a different title to every different article direcotry, thus creating lots of backlinks.

        But after reading this, it seems i'll get exactly the same amount of backlinks from all the same sites, if i just submit that same article to all the directories.

        I know you've already beaten this thread good, and my question might sound a bit dumb, but if i could get a simple confirmation on that, it would save me a whole lot of time and money.

        thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688768].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author riza
          Another question i have is,

          What is the point of spinning then?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688842].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
            Originally Posted by riza View Post

            Another question i have is,

            What is the point of spinning then?
            Quite often, in most cases and for most purposes, there is no point - pure and simple.

            But in other cases people sometimes may need unique content for some purpose, and in their mind it is easier to spend X amount of time spinning an already-written article into multiple unique-ish versions rather than simply rewriting the article from scratch, by hand, and only coming up with a single additional version.

            Of course, in 99% of those cases, rewriting manually would still be the better option since the end result will be of far better quality and the whole article will flow much nicer. But they cannot justify spending their time to do that for each version.

            Essentially, they do it because they want to save the time it'd take to manually rewrite, but:

            (1) Often there is no need for them to use unique articles to begin with.

            (2) If they actually put in the time to do a "high-quality" spin, then they'll still be left with an article that is nowhere near as good as a manually, hand-rewritten article.

            (3) Even if they've spent 1+ hours spinning and end up with 30 versions of an article, as opposed to one or two new versions as a result of manually rewriting, many of the articles will be surplus to their requirements and they might not ever use them anyway - but they're of the mindset that "it's always better to have more", for some reason. Because quantity over quality is the root of their approach toward every aspect of their online business.

            (4) Are they really saving time, in the end, anyway? Would non-spun articles have made a bigger impact on their bottom line, and have they essentially been working harder, longer and less efficiently than they might othewise have done by taking a more "organic" approach? Who knows? Usually, they won't, because if they're shortsighted enough to believe that "quantity" is always the best approach (and that unique articles are required, when they aren't), then they're almost certainly shortsighted enough to be measuring their results in a very superficial, unmeaningful, short-term way. ("Hey, I saved ~30 minutes by spinning an article and submitting to four sites that require unique content - I must surely be "winning" as much as Charlie Sheen is right now; except I'm forgetting that humans might actually be reading my articles, and 50%+ less of those humans might actually bother to take action based on them because they read like a P.O.S and aren't fit for human consumption.")

            (5) Blablablayaddayadda. In all seriousness, this may as well be the one of the reasons some people use to justify having spun their articles, because their logic and understanding is so disorderly and skewed that it makes, by comparison, just as much (i.e. zero) sense.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3690936].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Raindance
              Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post

              Quite often, in most cases and for most purposes, there is no point - pure and simple.

              But in other cases people sometimes may need unique content for some purpose, and in their mind it is easier to spend X amount of time spinning an already-written article into multiple unique-ish versions rather than simply rewriting the article from scratch, by hand, and only coming up with a single additional version.

              Of course, in 99% of those cases, rewriting manually would still be the better option since the end result will be of far better quality and the whole article will flow much nicer. But they cannot justify spending their time to do that for each version.

              Essentially, they do it because they want to save the time it'd take to manually rewrite, but:

              (1) Often there is no need for them to use unique articles to begin with.

              (2) If they actually put in the time to do a "high-quality" spin, then they'll still be left with an article that is nowhere near as good as a manually, hand-rewritten article.

              (3) Even if they've spent 1+ hours spinning and end up with 30 versions of an article, as opposed to one or two new versions as a result of manually rewriting, many of the articles will be surplus to their requirements and they might not ever use them anyway - but they're of the mindset that "it's always better to have more", for some reason. Because quantity over quality is the root of their approach toward every aspect of their online business.

              (4) Are they really saving time, in the end, anyway? Would non-spun articles have made a bigger impact on their bottom line, and have they essentially been working harder, longer and less efficiently than they might othewise have done by taking a more "organic" approach? Who knows? Usually, they won't, because if they're shortsighted enough to believe that "quantity" is always the best approach (and that unique articles are required, when they aren't), then they're almost certainly shortsighted enough to be measuring their results in a very superficial, unmeaningful, short-term way. ("Hey, I saved ~30 minutes by spinning an article and submitting to four sites that require unique content - I must surely be "winning" as much as Charlie Sheen is right now; except I'm forgetting that humans might actually be reading my articles, and 50%+ less of those humans might actually bother to take action based on them because they read like a P.O.S and aren't fit for human consumption.")

              (5) Blablablayaddayadda. In all seriousness, this may as well be the one of the reasons some people use to justify having spun their articles, because their logic and understanding is so disorderly and skewed that it makes, by comparison, just as much (i.e. zero) sense.
              That's an amazing post. This is the kind of response should be put forward when someone argues in favor of article syndication.

              Your statement that the preference of quantity over quality is more in IM is absolutely true. Everyone on the internet wants to make money more rapidly then they'd offline and think it is a lot easier. Hence, they feel they don't need to put as much effort as working offline. Nevertheless, you cannot blame the newbies for being the only ones who do it. There are experts who make over $20k/month who have recommended spinning articles. Whereas some have actually said that it is better only to link those articles to your link wheel. Even 90% of the link building services promise to provide the exact same service of spinning articles and submitting them to every place on earth.

              I think spun articles should be used only for SEO.

              One can also consider doing a mix of both article syndication and spinning articles. The spun ones feed SEO and help in attracting the search engine traffic whereas syndication pulls in traffic from other effective sources.
              Signature
              Making Money without Websites
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3691923].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Raindance View Post

                There are experts who make over $20k/month who have recommended spinning articles.
                They "must be" 'experts', and they "must be" earning that sort of money: they say so themselves, and you can't get a more reliable source than that.

                Originally Posted by Raindance View Post

                I think spun articles should be used only for SEO.
                Just an observation, but that's virtually tantamount to saying that they shouldn't be used at all, because "SEO" is a pretty miserable use of an article anyway, and you don't actually need to have an article at all, to get a backlink, if "SEO" if your primary aim.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692231].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Raindance
                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                  They "must be" 'experts', and they "must be" earning that sort of money: they say so themselves, and you can't get a more reliable source than that.



                  Just an observation, but that's virtually tantamount to saying that they shouldn't be used at all, because "SEO" is a pretty miserable use of an article anyway, and you don't actually need to have an article at all, to get a backlink, if "SEO" if your primary aim.
                  Actually the expert I'm talking about is the one who has encouraged using spun stuff for linking to linkwheels and not the main page.

                  And "miserable" might be the most apt for to describe the use of an article in SEO. But I just favored articles in SEO in consensus with software like UAW. They run only when you give them an article to shred to pieces and then join it with duct tape. :p If you are submitting spun articles to article directories then that's a major mistake and you're rather spoiling your reputation in front of the reader. While if it submitted only to a "blog network" of the software (whose readership may be even non-existent) then it is just serving the purpose (i.e. SEO) and there's nothing wrong with that.

                  With that being said, the users of such software don't even need to make a new article to spin. They should just a few make sentences, put them together, insert your link with the correct anchor text and put them in the spinner. If the software claims it'll submit your material to article directories then it means only cheap directories because they approve such cheap content. But I'm sure even Ezine has spun content but they must be those exceptional few pieces that turn out well after the remix. :rolleyes:
                  Signature
                  Making Money without Websites
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3692928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tobyR
    I always use the content on my blog first, once its been indexed by Google, then amend,edit etc and submit to article directories - just about to use a submission company but so far have done it myself to 4 directories
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677357].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author packerfan
      Originally Posted by tobyR View Post

      I always use the content on my blog first, once its been indexed by Google, then amend,edit etc and submit to article directories - just about to use a submission company but so far have done it myself to 4 directories
      You should read what Alexa wrote right above your post. You are wasting time by modifying the article before publishing it to the directories.
      Signature

      Nothing to see here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677453].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        Consider this. Article directories are quite often a source of syndication for your articles, particularly EZA. So, which copy of your article do you want syndicated? It really make no sense to change articles just for "uniqueness" when the syndication exposure could potentially be over thousands of outlets. Some people just work way too hard.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mizesean
    Originally Posted by mmoreal View Post

    I have a website with a few articles on it.Now I supppose to do article marketing and my target sites are : Ezine, Articlebase, hubpage and squidoo.So I really want to know that should I submit my article which has writen for my blog (my blog post) to these article directories or I should create a new and different one then submit it
    Thanks
    You never submit content to any of the article directories which is on your site. The content on your site should be 100% original always.

    INstead, write fresh articles to submit to the directories, and put anchor text links in the articles, going back to your blog posts.

    Focus on getting rankings for your blog posts by getting quality inbound links

    Sean
    Signature
    Have you thought about starting a group coaching program, but don't know how?

    If so, Watch This YouTube Video: Group Coaching Program


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3677561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmoreal
    If you want to be unique on every article directories or web 2.0 sites so you need to create a lot of articles which mean a lot of work or invest a lot of money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3680983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vulcanmold
    Thanks for your share. I come here in order to learn some good tips about what you are talking now. I would rather not take the liberty to make any comment for it's the first time to get familiar with these techniques.Take it easy, ok?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Faber
    There's a difference between article marketing and article directory marketing, as Alexa has pointed out here (and in many other posts). If you're using article marketing in it's most powerful form, you're leveraging traffic from targeted, high traffic authority sites, newsletters, and e-zines. You're also leveraging content by re-purposing it in the most advantageous way possible, and spending the lest amount of time doing it that you can.
    Signature
    For Killer Marketing Tips that Will Grow Your Business Follow Me on Twitter Now
    After all, you're probably following a few hundred people already that aren't doing squat for you.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    You can use the exact same articles. Just make sure that it is good and indexed and you have some backlinks pointing to it before you syndicate it.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shurets1
    Originally Posted by mmoreal View Post

    I have a website with a few articles on it.Now I supppose to do article marketing and my target sites are : Ezine, Articlebase, hubpage and squidoo.So I really want to know that should I submit my article which has writen for my blog (my blog post) to these article directories or I should create a new and different one then submit it
    Thanks


    For web 2.0 social sites, there is always a sharing element. Actually all web 2.0 social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc. are based on the concept of sharing. Such sites help you to share contents with your friends and other members within same community. You can't find your targeted audience on article directories. Now features of web 2.0 are being used by some article directories and this is a good step.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3683502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coluden
    You should submit new articles to each one. The best way to do this is to write a very good article, then re-write it a few times for the other directories. You really should make sure that they are unique for each directory.
    Signature
    I've Teamed Up With An Asian Millionaire to Help You Earn Your First $1000 Online! ==>> Go to: http://prosperityinmotion.net/cb-pas...ocks-internet/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3683752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Agency
    Always remember that the most effective way to promote a site through articles and blogs is to write and create original and unique content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3684061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelmbrown
    Interesting thread.

    Now, I have a question. There is some people around here that looks like having very good information and advices based on experince regarding article marketing, like Alexa Smith and/or myob. And there is some other people that, after reading very informative stories (at least what Alexa is saying is very useful, very clearly said), they keep saying the opposite. Now, the only thing you should do is to read what Alexa is saying. Alexa's answers are very very simple and logic. And easy to follow.

    Now, my question to @Alexa/myob: why do you even bother?!

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3685807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by michaelmbrown View Post

      my question to @Alexa/myob: why do you even bother?!
      Paul will answer for himself. Maybe with more video.

      I bother because without the group of us saying (broadly) "what I'm saying", what the forum will be left with is what it had on the subject two and a half years ago, when I arrived - and (with no offense to anyone) that was a misguided consensus of opinion on all this and related subjects, and newbies informing themselves from it, without knowing what a high proportion of it was based on "urban myths" and other misunderstandings, were struggling, getting disillusioned and a proportion of us were dropping out and coming to the conclusion that "article marketing ..." (which is honestly what we thought we were doing ) "... doesn't work" ... because for most people following that consensus of opinion, of course, it doesn't. With no disrespect to anyone, they end up sending their traffic to article directories while imagining that they're getting traffic from article directories, and the way they produce articles ensures that no authority site will ever touch them, so they struggle for decent backlinks, too. A lot of it's quite vague and ill-defined and ill-described, but one thing's for certain: the people who switch from a "rinse-and-repeat, write-for-clicks" approach to a "build-a-business, write-for-syndication" approach are not switching back.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3685975].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Wills
        This has been a good discussion. Personally I love it when people come on and disagree with the people promoting syndication.

        It always make for a good debate and it is nice to read different opinions and experiences.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3686019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author michaelmbrown
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Paul will answer for himself. Maybe with more video.

        I bother because without the group of us saying (broadly) "what I'm saying", what the forum will be left with is what it had on the subject two and a half years ago, when I arrived - and (with no offense to anyone) that was a misguided consensus of opinion on all this and related subjects, and newbies informing themselves from it, without knowing what a high proportion of it was based on "urban myths" and other misunderstandings, were struggling, getting disillusioned and a proportion of us were dropping out and coming to the conclusion that "article marketing ..." (which is honestly what we thought we were doing ) "... doesn't work" ... because for most people following that consensus of opinion, of course, it doesn't. With no disrespect to anyone, they end up sending their traffic to article directories while imagining that they're getting traffic from article directories, and the way they produce articles ensures that no authority site will ever touch them, so they struggle for decent backlinks, too. A lot of it's quite vague and ill-defined and ill-described, but one thing's for certain: the people who switch from a "rinse-and-repeat, write-for-clicks" approach to a "build-a-business, write-for-syndication" approach are not switching back.
        Thanks, you can imagine that I knew the answer to my previous question. . I'm trying to learn some things from this forum, trying not to buy everything is being sold here without understand some things first, i try to learn what to do and how to do to do things myself. But, if I were you ( which i'm not, to be very clear), i would say what i have to say and who want's to learn just need to think a little bit. Just a little, it's not a difficult thing to understand and see what's true and what's not. It's not hard at all to understand what's "duplicate content" and what's not. You don't even need to read this forum to understand such things. I'm not that smart, it's just some things are obvious.

        Anyway, thanks for your answer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3686034].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by michaelmbrown View Post

          ... Now, my question to @Alexa/myob: why do you even bother?!
          Those of us who have experienced great success in our marketing methods, especially resulting from others before us here in the Warrior Forum, I think is the reason why we "bother". In professional circles there is a process called "peer review", where articles and papers are closely scrutinzed and critically analyzed. If these writings don't meet certain standards of logic, deduction, research, evidence, duplicatable experiments, etc, they will be quite unkindly sanctioned and ridiculed.

          There is very little in this thread that makes much sense to me, which prompted the "Looney Tunes" video. I think that Alexa and I have laid out our reasons for our marketing style, and logically explained why it has worked so successfully. I am not "promoting" article syndication, but rather a common sense approach to basic marketing principles. With so much confusion and pushback against this very powerful model of article syndication, however, it is no wonder so many article marketers ultimately fail and give up with this common refrain, "article marketing is dead".

          Certainly there are many other uses for content, and perhaps even more effective such as in social media, advertising, print media, video, offline multi-media, etc. There is no "fits all" marketing method. But IMO, "article marketing" in all its broadest iterations and interpretions, is the most effective "free" method of advertising and the easiest for even the beginner to succeed.

          What bothers me is the nonsense and all the posturing with faulty and manipulative reasoning as evidenced not only in this thread but also in so many others regarding this topic. I have never seen anything in this thread (nor in the hundreds and hundreds of others) that explains alternative article marketing methods in such useful and practical detail as what Alexa has done for the article syndication model.

          With jaded skepticism (but without any specific accusations here), it seems to me that the "best" article marketing techniques require tools and courses offered by experts and gurus spouting off generalized hype and non-specific rhetoric. Much of the misinformation and confusion have roots in special interest marketing.

          Being a very simple kind of guy, it just seems to me that article syndication is the fastest and best (yet free) marketing method that can beat the competition in any lucrative market or niche, no matter how stiff the competition, no matter for what product or service, or no matter how the websites rank.

          But, I could be wrong.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmoreal
    I think post the same article on my site to EZA is ok.EZA takes 2 week to approve my article if it isn't any mistake.And in the resource box I put my link of my web to my article.So there will be no problem at all
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3689982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FXdarling
    If you are doing SEO for your blog, it is important to keep your blog posts orignial and unique. If you republish your posts on other sites like article directories, they won't be original and gould will consider them as a double content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3690979].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Just a passing thought: it's seriously bizarre what happens in this forum, in conversations like this.

      You get a long, carefully thought out, well-written, accurate, interesting, perceptive and helpful post like Michael's just above (#47) from which almost every single person reading the thread can learn quite a bit.

      And then you get a two-sentence post (#48) of nonsensical, inaccurate, misguided "opinion", based entirely on some sort of misplaced belief in the urban myths of internet marketing, and unsurprisingly completely wrong in the primary assertion it makes ...

      But (partly because of their disparity in length) it's inevitable that more people will read the second than the first. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3691721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmoreal
    I'm consider to buy a spinner software to create some article and post to those sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coyotex
    First of all, I want to say that I'm NOT AN EXPERT! LOL! I do, however, follow a certain few people on this thread and over the last month or so, I have learned a TON more than I have in the last couple years of article writing.

    Ok, that being said, and I may have missed it somewhere on this thread, but can someone tell me the difference between article submission and article syndication?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by Coyotex View Post

      First of all, I want to say that I'm NOT AN EXPERT! LOL! I do, however, follow a certain few people on this thread and over the last month or so, I have learned a TON more than I have in the last couple years of article writing.

      Ok, that being said, and I may have missed it somewhere on this thread, but can someone tell me the difference between article submission and article syndication?
      Hi Coyotex,

      Article submission is where you submit your article somewhere like an article directory (Ezine articles etc), the reason for article directories, or the original reason before people began spamming them with crap articles, was for Ezines, online newsletters and other sites, to come along and use your article and thus let their audiences see it - This is called syndication.

      You submit articles to directories and when they get used on other peoples sites, they have been syndicated.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
    Article and blog posture are the main seo methods for marketing purpose by these you can also get ranking for your site with sales for your product also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3767657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MBizInc
    Well, Google seems to be my best friend when it comes to the writing and editing industry.

    Syndicated or spun articles, it does not really matter. What matters is quality. Mainly because it seems quality is poor nowadays and websites have finally realized this fact.

    And they are willing to pay every last penny, cent or anything in order to get quality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3769597].message }}

Trending Topics