And for folks that are new to IM, you may be wondering how much of that is hype and how much of that is reality.
I wanted to give you an example of something I just did that demonstrates the power of AutoResponders, the importance of list building, and how you can use AutoResponders to help your own business.
Today, I decided that I wanted to run a promotion to my subscriber list to see if I could bring on some new clients. I've built a list of a little more than 6,300 subscribers and this list is interested in learning how AutoResponders can help them boost sales.
Using nothing more than some of the techniques I teach our members, I did the following:
- I created an AdTracker URL because I knew I would want to track the results of the broadcast I was going to create.
- I loaded a few graphics to my AutoResponder account because I knew I wanted to polish up my broadcast message a bit to make it stand out.
- I created my message using the WYSIWYG Editor in my AutoResponder.
- I linked the graphics and links in my message to the AdTracker URL I created in step 1.
- I scheduled a Broadcast to go out "Now" in my AutoResponder.
That was around 1PM this afternoon. (I'm writing this on Monday, Dec 15, 2008.) I would estimate that it took me around an hour or so to create the full message.
By 3:53PM, here is what has happened, so far:
- My broadcast has gone out.
- 20 people have clicked the link in my Broadcast message.
- My sales count for the day has already gone up. I actually started seeing clicks and sales happening within 20 minutes of scheduling my broadcast!
Do you get what just happened?
By focusing on building my list of targeted subscribers, I was able to create a message and quickly broadcast it out to those subscribers. I started seeing sales come in within minutes (before the Broadcast was completed!).
This is why I am so focused on and passionate about building my lists. As your list grows, you will be able to use this same technique to bring in sales literally any time you like.
The key is to build your list of targeted subscribers. Be sure you are giving them relevant and valuable information so that they look forward to receiving your messages.
And always ... ALWAYS ... track your results.
Once you have learned how to apply these techniques and you have built up a good list, your AutoResponder literally works like your own online ATM. By sending a targeted well-written offer to your subscribers, you can begin generating new sales at the click of a button.
NOTE: Before saving this message, I checked my AdTracker stats again. I now have 23 clicks on that message that was sent out via the Broadcast feature!
I have no doubt that you can begin experiencing these same results in your own business as your list and your experience level grow.
So remember to focus on building your lists, building your lists, and building your lists, because .... "The Profit Really Is In The List!