Things You Should Know About Warrior Members

30 replies
I haven't posted much to this forum but I've been reading it for years. It's only been recently that I've been posting here and advertising my services with my email signature and making friends etc... that I found some interesting facts about the members here.

1. A lot of people who talk about making load online in their posts or sales letters don't really make that much. In fact, they're probably struggling just like a newbie.

2. People who have high post counts don't necessarily mean they're successful or knowledgeable. In fact this is one of the things you should be very careful about such as the advice they're offering or the products they sell to you. This was mentioned in some posts on this forum which you should read more on.

3. There are many people who say that they want to buy things cheap such as ghostwritten articles and information products. However, you'll be surprised at the number of Warrior members who are willing to pay good prices for products and services that they have a need for. Don't let the noise of this forum make you offer your services at a low price. There are many buyers here that can afford to pay for quality.

4. I am very surprised with the friendliness of many members here who appear to be ruthless with their comments and cold remarks. But once you get to know them via PMs or emails, their character is completely different to their forum personality.

5. A lot of well-known internet marketers rarely post to this forum, but they do read it. Actually some use penn names to ask questions and offer advice here. You should treat everyone with respect. You never know who they actually are.

6. Never underestimate someone who has low post counts, ask newbie questions and don't seem to know what they're on about. I have had some who contact me out of the blue and they're willing to pay and use my services. I'm not talking about cheap either. Just because you don't know their name, doesn't mean that they cannot afford to buy high priced products from you.

7. And finally, don't underestimate the effect your posts have. I rarely post to this forum yet I am lucky to receive business from people who looked at my posts and hire me for my services. I've started a thread that had a small number of views and only one reply. Yet it attracted me a major ghostwriting project.

What I wanted to say is, this forum is one of the best ways to market your business. Don't think that no one notices your posts because they do. Also treat every member here with respect (unless they're obvious assholes). You never know but they could give you business and also become a very good friend of yours.

One of my biggest regrets is lurking in this forum and hardly making any posts and making friends. I hope you don't make the same mistake.
#amazing #found #members #things #warrior #warrior forum
  • My start in making money online was through ghostwriting that I promoted here -- mostly through my posts.

    Now that I've moved beyond write-for-hire, I still find my posts get me business. That's because I've built a solid relationship with the members here.
    Signature
    "The will to prepare to win is more important than the will to win." -- misquoting Coach Vince Lombardi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ste25
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RBum78
      Originally Posted by ste25 View Post

      I dont see why this forum has post counts. Id be glad if mine was reset to zero when it reaches 1000.
      Are you kidding me, means, after 1000 suddenly to 0...That will really kill me..!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333127].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ste25
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333139].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dan Ambrose
          Originally Posted by ste25 View Post

          No Im not kidding. When I reach 1000 posts Im going to make a request that my post count is reset back to zero or maybe when I reach 500 if thats possible. If not thats ok but Id prefer not to have 100s or 1000s of posts show up under my username.
          Why wait? Contact support and Im sure they'll assist you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Ambrose
      Originally Posted by ste25 View Post

      I dont see why this forum has post counts. Id be glad if mine was reset to zero when it reaches 1000.
      Ste - you're just full of controversial comments!

      Sooner or later, people are just gonna take your opinion with a pinch of salt. Thats my view anyway.

      Daniel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RBum78
    I started making money through adsense, after a year, I came across to WF, then I browsed the WF for a year as a guest, and after that I have finally registered here. My first earnings was from Adsense...Then I started selling ebook, promoting CB products and then affiliate mrkt...

    I am in IM since 2004, Yeah, Almost 4 yrs!!

    Thats was my story, and Yes, I agree with your post too..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Ambrose
    Thanks Alan,

    Some sound advice there.

    I have been a member for just over a month (since early November) and I'm so glad I got into the heat of discussions immediately. In around 45 days I have made many new friends and some serious business aquaintances (ad learned a lot from others - both new and old).

    However don't be disillusioned - the Warrior Forum is not for the faint hearted! If you're wrong, you'll quickly be told so.

    But the great thing about this forum is that if you are looking for general advice, there are so many people in your boat (or have been in your boat) that are MORE than happy to offer their advice.

    However I think it IS important to look at someones post count (and post/thread history), longevity here and generally how "respected" they are in the community before judging their opinion.

    And don't get me started on WSO's... they are just fantastic.

    Daniel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author soladollar
    Nice insight there Alen,

    I have also joined for quite a while but have been a dormant member, i hope to make new friends and biz partner... I think an introduction will do the trick. What do you think?

    Much more i will like to look up to the war guys for help when i need one... This forum is like a community where we help each other out...

    Ciao
    SolaDollar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Your list seems a bit negative to me but there's common sense there, too.

      In a nutshell, some who post here answer questions week after week, to give back because they had help here when they started, and because they enjoy participating here.

      Some post to make money from members here. They post when they have services or WSO's to offer. They post as part of their marketing plan. Nothing wrong with that, either.

      And there will always be some just looking to stir the pot a bit - for them perhaps its entertainment.

      It's a public forum and you choose how you use it and what your level of participation is.

      Post count is a measure of participation and nothing else. What matters is what the the posts say and whether or not the info was meant to help or only to call attention to the person posting. Most members figure that out pretty quickly for themselves.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333682].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alan Cheng
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        Your list seems a bit negative to me but there's common sense there, too.
        It wasn't my intention to sound negative and affect the members here. But I did want to motivate more Warriors to post here and contribute.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[335838].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ebizman87
          Hey Alan,
          Personally I think that your POST is a 'MUST READ' for NEW WF members.It will guide the NEWBIES on how to behave ethically in this forum without getting involved in "heat arguments" with other WFM.Good post.Keep it up.

          Thanks
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealDomainer
    This forum is the first addictive and info-rich ever on the Internet.
    This is home for all and the spirit behind creating it is great.
    I do concure with the author of this thread.
    And also advise that this is a forum that encompasses all race and background, and yet, except you look first at the vission of this forum before you start anything here you might miss it and that is respect for individuals
    and adding value to an online human community.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author P_Cerrito
    Hi Alan, Thank you. There is a tremendous amount of weath and experience here and things are not always what they seem. You always attract more flies with honey than vinegar. I dunno heard that somewhere. Nicely done in my book!

    Phil
    Signature

    "We are the architects of our own lives"
    Power to attract wealth, success, love, and romance ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian Seth
    Hi! Great post. However, I think it's natural to look at someone with 1000 posts or more, at the good content they are providing and assume they know what they are doing and saying. Of course a new guy could be a very experienced person that just never had the opportunity or the desire to join this community.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naruq
      Alan thanks for your insight and experiences about posting on the warrior forum!
      Signature

      Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author soladollar
    Thats true Ian,

    You will naturally look up to those with a very high number of post, definitely you cannot pile up jargons to get to the thousand mark...

    They are naturally gurus, so i dont really agree that some might still be struggling like the newbies as Alan said.

    Nice post
    Soladollar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lloyd Buchinski
    Originally Posted by Alan Cheng View Post

    I am very surprised with the friendliness of many members here who appear to be ruthless with their comments and cold remarks. But once you get to know them via PMs or emails, their character is completely different to their forum personality.


    You should treat everyone with respect.
    Just a couple of comments that I really agree with. I had an
    encounter here with someone who struck me as "a little low on
    social skills" and then after a couple more comments and pms,
    now strikes me as "what a decent guy."

    I also spent a long time reading without posting but enjoyed
    that. I thought I was quiet when I had nothing to say, but ok,
    I guess I could go with "lurker."
    Signature

    Do something spectacular; be fulfilled. Then you can be your own hero. Prem Rawat

    The KimW WSO

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[333782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jose Anajero
    Originally Posted by Alan Cheng View Post

    What I wanted to say is, this forum is one of the best ways to market your business. Don't think that no one notices your posts because they do. Also treat every member here with respect (unless they're obvious assholes). You never know but they could give you business and also become a very good friend of yours.

    One of my biggest regrets is lurking in this forum and hardly making any posts and making friends. I hope you don't make the same mistake.
    Thanks so much Alan for sharing. I don't come to this forum often but upon seeing your post, among other posts, am encouraged to participate.

    Jose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pavondunbar
    Great post Alan!

    Thanks for sharing this as I am a newbie on here as well...

    Pavon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Schramko
    Originally Posted by Alan Cheng View Post

    5. A lot of well-known internet marketers rarely post to this forum, but they do read it. Actually some use penn names to ask questions and offer advice here. You should treat everyone with respect. You never know who they actually are.
    I read a few comments from marketers referencing the Warrior Forum even though they do not appear by 'name' here.


    They are here alright, and some post a lot - just undercover...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charann Miller
    A very insightful post. This forum really is an incredible wealth of knowledge. It's better than some memberships that I pay money for. Glad I found this place.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    I agree with you as well.
    Good point you have here and glad I have found a internet marketing
    from Hong Kong
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[336981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheMagicShow
    People judge people by ther posts and how they treat others, there are some folks here who don't sell anything and just enjoying helping others out. I agree we should respect everyone whether they have a high post count or low post count, the substance and effort behind the post is the true value that a member can contribute here on the warrior forum.

    Cheers,
    Magic
    Signature

    " You can either give a man a fish and feed him for a day OR teach him how to catch a fish and it will feed him for a lifetime"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[337275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony Robinson
    OK, I've been found out. I'm really Steven Frank John Rich Kern Reese Sheffern Wagenheim.
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[337630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author soladollar
    Whooooh, Quit kidding Chopper 180
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jrod014
    Originally Posted by Alan Cheng View Post


    5. A lot of well-known internet marketers rarely post to this forum, but they do read it. Actually some use penn names to ask questions and offer advice here. You should treat everyone with respect. You never know who they actually are.
    I agree with treating everyone with respect but if a so called "gurus" use this forum under other names, I think that is kinda shady.

    IMO a good leader is always learning, why not ask questions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343940].message }}

Trending Topics