30 replies
I am getting a little unsuccessful in im- the reason to this is(what i think) that I read a lot and know a lot but works a very little time like half or 1 hour in a day.
Is it the right reason for my failure?
How much time do you people work?
#problem
  • Profile picture of the author WebRank1
    Yes that is your problem indeed.
    When I first started out I had days where I would skip a night sleep all together.
    I have had times where I would go to bed only after ~40hrs of work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amitdante
      wow
      Originally Posted by WebRank1 View Post

      Yes that is your problem indeed.
      When I first started out I had days where I would skip a night sleep all together.
      I have had times where I would go to bed only after ~40hrs of work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717420].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author askloz
      been there mate

      day before yesterday i was up for 35 hours.... once i get going, i cant stop

      I woke up yesterday at 10pm after a 14 hour sleep.

      Originally Posted by WebRank1 View Post

      Yes that is your problem indeed.
      When I first started out I had days where I would skip a night sleep all together.
      I have had times where I would go to bed only after ~40hrs of work.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
        Originally Posted by askloz View Post

        been there mate

        day before yesterday i was up for 35 hours.... once i get going, i cant stop

        I woke up yesterday at 10pm after a 14 hour sleep.
        14 hrs! Most I ever did was 72 hrs - being awake, not sleeping.

        I slept for about 6 hrs and was up, feeling good.


        Ken
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756256].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author askloz
          14 hours was how long I was sleeping for after a 35 hour session of being awake...

          I've done 72+ hours before with the lads, on booze and playing Grand Tursimo from Friday afternoon way into monday nite

          then sleeping for about 24 hours

          Originally Posted by KenThompson View Post

          14 hrs! Most I ever did was 72 hrs - being awake, not sleeping.

          I slept for about 6 hrs and was up, feeling good.


          Ken
          yeh, odd that ey... some times i feel a lot better even after a few hours kip from being awake for over 24 hours.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756322].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
            Originally Posted by askloz View Post

            I've done 72+ hours before with the lads, on booze and playing Grand Tursimo from Friday afternoon way into monday nite

            then sleeping for about 24 hours
            Well earned, I must say.


            Ken
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756337].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author oDigger
        The quality of your work is more important than the quantity of work, but I think it's safe to say that you really just can't earn a solid living working under an hour Try ramping up you efforts making some adjustments in your life. Out of sleep, family and leisure, sleep is usually the first to go for me.
        Signature
        oDigger - The Largest Affiliate Offer Search Engine.

        Find and Compare Over 65,000 Offers Across 230 Networks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author makemoneywithben
    There will be quite a few people who are full time in IM and some part time. I normally spend a few hours a day but when you are starting out its going to take a lot longer to build up than to maintain. With only an hour and half it may take a little longer to get there. Just have to keep at it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ladywriter
    You probably already know that answer. If you read a lot and know a lot, it would seem that you would know better than to spend half an hour on it a day?

    I spend more than that on Facebook.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717462].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amitdante
      Originally Posted by rosegrower76 View Post

      You probably already know that answer. If you read a lot and know a lot, it would seem that you would know better than to spend half an hour on it a day?

      I spend more than that on Facebook.
      Me too on facebook
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717472].message }}
    • I would think the low hours is a major factor. I'm bi-polar, but I'm one of the 'lucky' ones that is always manic rather than depressed. Typically, I run on about 3 hours of sleep a day, and I use that extra time to 'work'.

      There comes a point where you know all you really need to know, but then you have to put that knowledge into action. Sounds like maybe it's time for you to stop reading ebooks and forums and start putting your ideas into action.

      Once you get a site running and making money, it typically only takes a few minutes to week to keep it going, but up until that point you really need to put in those hours.

      Good luck to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717486].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author amitdante
        Originally Posted by Brad armPitt View Post

        I would think the low hours is a major factor. I'm bi-polar, but I'm one of the 'lucky' ones that is always manic rather than depressed. Typically, I run on about 3 hours of sleep a day, and I use that extra time to 'work'.

        There comes a point where you know all you really need to know, but then you have to put that knowledge into action. Sounds like maybe it's time for you to stop reading ebooks and forums and start putting your ideas into action.
        Exactly ... Thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717493].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chrissyb
        I probably spend too much time on the computer - it's shocking. Since 1982 when I got my first ZX81.

        All of my work and hobbies are based around my Mac. In the last 5 years I don't even go out - not for beers, I rarely drink these days come to think of it.

        If you want to be your own boss this is what you have to do....My motivation is avoiding having a boss looming over me. I've had too much of that in my life...
        Signature
        www.pennyhosts.com

        Super friendly web hosting, e-mail marketing, managed WordPress packages.
        Yes of course we offer discounts for Warrior members!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ejb2059
    Yea... I'd say you nailed the source of your problem alright

    So..now that you know what the "problem" is, whatcha gonna do to fix it?

    Rev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jideofor
      Originally Posted by ejb2059 View Post

      Yea... I'd say you nailed the source of your problem alright

      So..now that you know what the "problem" is, whatcha gonna do to fix it?

      Rev
      Go question. I am glad he didn't say lack of money was the problem. So, obviously , his problem is more than 60% solved. Spending that amount of time on facebook could mean that he does not really believe in this IM thing yet:rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr. E
    You have answered your own question really, spending half an hour a day to make money online is not going to cut it.

    For me, in terms of how much time I spend, I go through phases where I am working from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, other times I spend a few hours at it a day. I just depends on how inspired I am at the time and what is going on in my life. I would feel guilty though if I only spent an hour a day at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amitdante
      Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post

      You have answered your own question really, spending half an hour a day to make money online is not going to cut it.

      For me, in terms of how much time I spend, I go through phases where I am working from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, other times I spend a few hours at it a day. I just depends on how inspired I am at the time and what is going on in my life. I would feel guilty though if I only spent an hour a day at it.
      I am unable to stick to one plan properly... Will start trying harder if I want to achieve I live for... Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    Money rarely comes easy. Via the internet or anywhere in life.

    Many gurus will say they only work x number of hours per week or day but in reality they have spent countless hours/months building sites and system in place to do the work on so called 'auto pilot'. Nothing great in life comes EASY or without putting time into it. WEll... unless you win the lottery.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ganesh
    The time you spend is not so important. What counts is your productive time. How much time was spent into activity that brings in some income? Just focus on that. Learning is essential but that alone is not enough. What is the use of having the best car if you don’t drive it? Start using your knowledge and focus on adding value to it be turning productive.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterkailo
    I spend over 60 hours a week to build up my business. You read too much and not spending time taking action.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mygold
    Yes, this can be major reason to your fail, i think you need to work at least two hour in a day, and keep your reading habit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3717848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rouse9
    Do you think that you have the correct mindset? I always try to make people aware of this very important fact, as it relates to everything you set out to do in your life.

    I know of Internet Marketers who have devoted 8 to 10 hours per day for almost three years before becoming successful.

    My advice is, do not get discouraged and remain focused, which is also apart of having the correct mindset. Wishing you all the success!!!

    rouse9
    Signature

    Courtney Rouse has been researching Make Money Online-Home Businesses and
    Self Improvement programs since 2002 and is very passionate about
    recommending proven systems with the highest user success rate..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3719449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paologiannone
    no matter how long you work, you need time to relax. yes we all need money but we are not machines and too much work will be harmful
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3721267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rouse9
      Just a little clarification here. My mention of people working 8 to 10 hours per day was just to impress upon you what some people did before becoming successful, but I certainly do not subscribe to, or recommend that course of action as a guarantee to success.

      That decision is left to the sole discretion of the person or persons involved. Thanks for your reply.
      Signature

      Courtney Rouse has been researching Make Money Online-Home Businesses and
      Self Improvement programs since 2002 and is very passionate about
      recommending proven systems with the highest user success rate..

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
    Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

    Is it the right reason for my failure?

    It is impossible for anyone to accurately say because too little else
    is known.

    Only you can answer that question, and you would serve your self
    better by analyzing your own situation more accurately and objectively.

    I know someone who only worked 15 minutes here and there on his
    business while attending school. He succeeded, eventually.

    I suspect the reasons for what you may (most likely incorrectly) perceive
    as failure are in the space between your ears.



    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sodevious
    It's ignorant to think that you can really be successful without working more than an hour a day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756307].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author askloz
      I do... all the time... trading the forex...

      I only choose to work longer hours cos I need to diversify

      Originally Posted by sodevious View Post

      It's ignorant to think that you can really be successful without working more than an hour a day.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3756313].message }}

Trending Topics