Google Engage for Agencies - Anyone Else Using?

17 replies
Hi guys

Recently had access to Google Engage for Agencies and was wondering how many people are using it too and your review/expectations.

For those out of the program, let me tell you it's a great way to improve your skills in SEM and crossing offline crowd into your market. The education videos and reports and really good, some sort of a WarriorForum "best of"... for real

What about you? What do you think about it?
#agencies #engage #google
  • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
    Bringing this back up to see if anyone has news about Google Engage.

    I'll be attending the Google Engage Portuguese launch, May 31st in Lisbon, and well, trying to check with someone in UK/USA already more advanced into the program.

    So, anyone?
    Signature
    People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3879958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
    Banned
    HI,

    I am approved for Google Engage, however have not given away any Ad Coupons yet. I think i have to complete one of their training courses inside the control panel first. It took a few months to get approved, but I guess they liked my website etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880336].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      HI,

      I am approved for Google Engage, however have not given away any Ad Coupons yet. I think i have to complete one of their training courses inside the control panel first. It took a few months to get approved, but I guess they liked my website etc.
      Hi Jason,

      I got approve really fast, received a private invitation and got approved same day. The training is an eye opener, pretty good indeed. And the 20 coupons are great to close new contracts, especially offline.

      Now I am trying to reach someone using the program and/or has attended their Engage seminars.

      Or is it Lisbon the first European capital to get this going?

      ??
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880387].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

        Hi Jason,

        I got approve really fast, received a private invitation and got approved same day. The training is an eye opener, pretty good indeed. And the 20 coupons are great to close new contracts, especially offline.

        Now I am trying to reach someone using the program and/or has attended their Engage seminars.

        Or is it Lisbon the first European capital to get this going?

        ??

        Awesome, I should probably quit putting off the training!! LOL
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
    Hey Fernando,

    Never heard of it. But if it's a Google program, and sounds like it is, not
    sure I'd be interested - long story.

    But thanks for mentioning it.


    Ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by KenThompson View Post

      Hey Fernando,

      Never heard of it. But if it's a Google program, and sounds like it is, not
      sure I'd be interested - long story.

      But thanks for mentioning it.


      Ken
      Hi Ken,

      Feel free to share We all have horror stories with them.

      Here's G Engage for Agencies

      To be fair, the training is really good. As I said in the OP it's like a Best Of from WF's best offline threads compiled in good material. We all know they are in this for $. But it seems to me they have a different approach with this program.

      I am amazed Portugal seems to be kicking off this one with the launch seminar in May 31st.
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880590].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KenThompson
        Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

        I am amazed Portugal seems to be kicking off this one with the launch seminar in May 31st.

        They know you're there.

        It's all you, Fernando... make us proud.




        Ken
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3880626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chart3
    I attended the event yesterday in Los Angeles. I wrote I very long response but on second thought I decided to remove it for various personal reasons. Overall, I'm glad I attended and I encourage anyone who can to attend, at least for the opportunity to network with other Adwords professionals. You may pm me for more specific details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3924718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
      Originally Posted by chart3 View Post

      I actually attended the Engage program yesterday in Los Angeles at the Andaz Hotel across the street from the House of Blues on Sunset Blvd...
      Thanks for sharing your testimonial. Nice inside infos.

      So in the end it's identical to what is promised to the launch of the program in Portugal. Have to wait and see, but most likely will be very identical. They will pitch their stuff, and we'll try our best to do some connections with other companies and experts.

      Portugal event is May 31 and I am positive it will be similar to the one you attended in LA, but remember to check back this thread, I'll post updates here.

      Thanks again!!

      Fernando
      Signature
      People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3924971].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chart3
        Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

        Thanks for sharing your testimonial. Nice inside infos.

        So in the end it's identical to what is promised to the launch of the program in Portugal. Have to wait and see, but most likely will be very identical. They will pitch their stuff, and we'll try our best to do some connections with other companies and experts.

        Portugal event is May 31 and I am positive it will be similar to the one you attended in LA, but remember to check back this thread, I'll post updates here.

        Thanks again!!

        Fernando
        Wow. You're fast man. I thought I had removed my comments before anyone had read them here. But then again, if you're subscribed to this thread and automatically receive updates in your email, then you already have access to my original thoughts, lol... Oh well...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3925042].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
          Originally Posted by chart3 View Post

          Wow. You're fast man. I thought I had removed my comments before anyone had read them here. But then again, if you're subscribed to this thread and automatically receive updates in your email, then you already have access to my original thoughts, lol... Oh well...
          Sorry.

          Had to edit all my post to remove your quotes, but had to leave one small bit so people don't think I am lunatic.



          Thanks for your PM. Next week I'll update this thread with informations about the Engage launch in Portugal.
          Signature
          People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3925174].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author chart3
            Originally Posted by Fernando Veloso View Post

            Sorry.

            Had to edit all my post to remove your quotes, but had to leave one small bit so people don't think I am lunatic.



            Thanks for your PM. Next week I'll update this thread with informations about the Engage launch in Portugal.
            Thank you for doing that. I might have exposed too much information with too much of my biased opinion.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3925245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darvon
    Hi Fernando,
    Yes, I signed up and a Google Rep called a few days later and accepted me into the program. I totally grilled him for about a 1/2 hour.

    Google Engage is basically set up for managing client adwords accounts.
    After watching four presentations, you are rewarded with codes that you then enter for coupons. I just received 20 coupons valued at $105.00 each.

    I am going to use some of them myself and that will require opening new accounts. That is acceptable - the program allows you to create a client management dashboard where you can manage all your accounts without logging in and out.

    Also, lots of good training available. I like it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3978640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MisterMunch
    I actually signed up earlier today. I registered with my MCC acount, so it should process faster.

    I really have no idea what it is about, but from your posts, it looks interesting.

    To bad my Google Certification outdated a few weeks ago, as they wanted to know about that as well. Will update the form as soon as I get it back. Should be studying now...

    Nice to see Google pay some attention to their advertisers and 3rd party agencies (offliners I guess), as I always have the feeling they are waiting for me to make a mistake.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3978873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author defaultuser
    I just got approved myself. I am a long time video marketer that is turning to offline marketing based on a ton of requests.

    I found out about Google Engage awhile ago and didn't think anything of it, but I thought it was really cool.

    Fast forward 4 or 5 months and I am on the phone with Google trying to figure out what is going on with my adwords account.

    The guy I talk to is named Paul. Paul tells me there is a program that would work well for me called Google Engage. I remember the program, and we talk for quite some time.

    I must have impressed the guy because he said that when I apply I need to mention his name in the 'other' option when the application asks you how you found out about Google Engage and I will be instantly approved.

    He also said that if I ran out of coupons, he would give me more no problem.

    There was also something about 30 days of free support. Maybe they are going to charge for Google support in the future.

    I still had to talk to someone and get my application officially approved, but it just happened about 20 minutes ago.

    And yes there are 4 videos you need to watch and type in certain keywords found inside the video in order to gain full access. I guess they really want you to know the material.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4449549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author darvon
      Yeah the deal is cool. Google is thriving on the old "first one is Free" concept and the next one is gonna cost ya.

      They sent me a box with 10 coupons for $100 each with my name (spelled wrong) on them. Also a really small hat and a USB flash jam packed with "what adwords can do for your business".

      They even got a contest rigged up. Adwords is grasping. Why not just chill on the damn prices? Greed never wins.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4456051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KingRosales
    Hi Fernando!
    I got approved a bit under 2 weeks ago and Im using it.

    The benefits are simple:
    • Learn how to present AdWords to your customers more effectively
    • They give you tools such as presentations to show your customers
    • Free online training
    • Limited number Vouchers for Adwords certifications (Fundamentals, Search, etc)
    • $100 coupons you can give your customers to get them started with Adwords with little risk
    They do call you to confirm and ask you several questions to make sure you qualify. But I believe its worth it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4740624].message }}

Trending Topics