At What Point Is The High Just Not Enough?

19 replies
I look at some of the products the big guys come out with on a fairly regular
basis.

Have you noticed that the next one is bigger and badder than the one before
it and probably twice as much money?

I guess when you reach the point of making 6 figures in a month, the high
of a launch must be pretty hard to conjure. I mean, how do you get excited
about even launching a $197 product?

Even if you make 500 sales, that's only $98,500...certainly not something a
John Reese or Frank Kern is going to get excited about.

So at what point is the high just not enough? When do you reach the point
where the fun is all gone, if all you're doing it for is the money?

Fortunately, I don't have that problem as the money is not my primary
focus. Yes, I need it to survive, but if I reached the point where I was
independently wealthy, I'd probably put up a free site with all the knowledge
that I have and open it to the public...free education for all...no strings.

That would be my high...knowing I've done something like that.

Will it take a while to get there? Probably. Maybe even the rest of my life.

But for everybody else who does this for the thrill of making the big bucks,
at what point do you sit down and turn on your TV saying to yourself...

"Ho hum, another 6 figure month."

I would hate to ever reach that point.
#high #point
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Shainin
    Hi Steven,

    I think Frank Kern is doing something today with a lower priced $67 product or something and I was reading free except for the shipping. But I'm not sure on that aspect. One thing I've noticed is that these guys always mix it up.

    I know Kern is having fun from watching his latest video.

    I was surprised when John Reese had that $397 TS2. I think it was about that price.

    These guys think out of the box and probably is one reason they have done so great online and off. Frank Kern finally admits he does work a lot on his latest video. Go figure.

    Cheers,
    Dean
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marcanthony
      In business - your entire focus should be on growing it.

      See... focusing on growing your business kills two birds with one stone. Here are a few examples

      • If your motivation is money... then growing your business will definitely make you more money
      • If you're in the game to help people... then growing your business will allow you to help more people
      • If you love what you do... growing your business makes it possible for you to do more of what you love
      • And so on...
      My reasons for doing what I do are simple... to make a lot of money for helping other people.

      And, I want to be the richest person in the entire world - so imagine how many people I need to help... how many relationships that I will have to build.

      I have to admit Steve... you are one of the most believable people I've ever come across - meaning that I believe you when you say that you don't do this for the money.

      I've read most of your stuff... I read your blog... I've read your articles(at least 500 of them)... I read some of your posts here in the forum - you definitely come across as the type that strictly enjoys writing.

      In other words... Internet marketing appears to be a hobby that you really enjoy. You don't seem to be motivated by money at all...

      Although, that's not to say that you come off as one of those people that thinks that money doesn't matter.

      Anyhow...

      Take Care

      Marc Anthony
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340886].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by marcanthony View Post

        In business - your entire focus should be on growing it.

        See... focusing on growing your business kills two birds with one stone. Here are a few examples

        • If your motivation is money... then growing your business will definitely make you more money
        • If you're in the game to help people... then growing your business will allow you to help more people
        • If you love what you do... growing your business makes it possible for you to do more of what you love
        • And so on...
        My reasons for doing what I do are simple... to make a lot of money for helping other people.

        And, I want to be the richest person in the entire world - so imagine how many people I need to help... how many relationships that I will have to build.

        I have to admit Steve... you are one of the most believable people I've ever come across - meaning that I believe you when you say that you don't do this for the money.

        I've read most of your stuff... I read your blog... I've read your articles(at least 500 of them)... I read some of your posts here in the forum - you definitely come across as the type that strictly enjoys writing.

        In other words... Internet marketing appears to be a hobby that you really enjoy. You don't seem to be motivated by money at all...

        Although, that's not to say that you come off as one of those people that thinks that money doesn't matter.

        Anyhow...

        Take Care

        Marc Anthony

        Marc, money matters cause I need to eat and have a place to live, but
        you should see how I live...it's very simple.

        My greatest joy is writing, which is why I've written over 700 songs.

        My recording studio?

        It's my biggest joy and expense and it's still only valued at maybe $10,000
        if that. I haven't really gone over it lately, but it's certainly not much
        more than that. I don't need a lot to live and be happy. I was never
        materialistic. Having said that, I have nothing against people who want
        things.

        Everybody has to march to the beat of his own drums or the tune of his
        own guitar.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340928].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author angela99
        I've no idea what motivates the gurus and gives them a high; I can't see that it's money alone, because most seem to bring out new products consistently. I'm sure that most of them could make more money by hiring others to do everything, and then spreading themselves across more niches. (Like the four-hour work week guy.)

        They use their fame as a promotional tool too, so I don't think most are doing it for fame.

        Perhaps someone could ask them what motivates them? :-)

        Here's what gives me my high: learning stuff, doing it and teaching it. As long as I'm learning something new, I have a reason to get out of bed at 5AM to get stuck into the day. It's all a lot of fun.

        Most people can't say that their work is their fun and entertainment... we should all be grateful for our happy IM lifestyle.

        Cheers

        Angela
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stangracer
      Hopefully it is not just about the money, but the marketing and learning experience.

      I'm sure it is nice to make those big bucks, but I would hope they are doing it for the challenge and to help others succeed not just collect dollars.

      The money is a great side benefit of helping folks meet their goals.

      If it is all about the money and not the marketing challenge or to help others help themselves achieve, then I would imagine you nailed it.

      Another 7 figure month, whoopee. Now what?
      Signature
      [WSO] Easy WordPress Blog Setup Security Built-in from the Start
      [WSO] Ad Trackr Code Manager (WP Plug-in) - Easily Setup Ad Tracking on Your WP Blogs...
      Ask Your Ad Tracking Questions or Prosper202 Questions - Get a Quick Response

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ADAMw3
    People tick to different things. This is just like every other business out there.

    Obviously a $100k launch for them is chump change now, but every successful person will always have the drive for more... no matter what amount it is.

    At least that's how I will continue to think.

    P.S... After 1 year of just sitting back, reading the forums, and doing my own marketing, I decided to post... =)

    Figured now that I have enough success and knowledge about this, that I should finally contribute to the discussions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomw
    Its never about the money. Its always about the thrill. We do everything in life because of the way it makes us feel. We are experience collectors. Nothing more. We exist to experience. Marketing (and life lesson) 101!

    We need the experiences to intensify. Otherwise they become insignificant to us.

    Thus the concept of boredom. Thus the feeling of a lack of satisfaction.

    If we continue to experience the same pattern of outside/in experiences we become bored.
    If we continue to experience the same pattern of inside/out experiences we feel a lack of emotional satisfaction.

    The level of intensity is shaped by our frame of reference.

    As we move ahead in life, the frame of reference changes. The stakes are higher. The numbers may grow for example, but the intensity doesn't increase by the same proportion. We have to continually strive to find bigger and better experiences of higher intensity often in a completely different sphere to grow as human beings. To keep us stimulated. Satisfied.

    When it comes to making money. It is exactly the same. The acquiring of money allows us to experience the things that we dream of. As we crave more intense and varied experiences we need more money to pay for them. However, the actual process of acquiring it can also be an exhilarating and thrilling experience.

    When you released your first infoproduct I'm sure you got such a rush on your first sale. Then the next one. Then the next one. And the next one. And so on. But pretty soon you took the experience for granted. It was no longer a huge thrill.

    You would go through exactly the same process if the product was priced at $7 or $7000 or even $700,000.

    Thus is the change in the frame of reference these "big guys" go through.

    When we refuse to allow our frame of reference to change, we become stagnant. Bored. Unfulfilled.

    Bringing this back to IM.

    Certain people have a seven or eight figure business because they change their frame of reference and change the things that they do in their business in order to grow. Those stuck with a six figure or less process and who do not understand that a paradigm shift is required, will never make the leap to the big numbers. They never achieve financial independence because they lack this basic insight and focus solely on striving to make the money by doing more of the same.

    Thomas
    Signature
    STOP THE TRAFFIK: PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE BOUGHT AND SOLD
    Help Us Rescue, Rehabilitate And Reunite Victims With Their Families

    STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organisations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people,
    PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by tomw View Post

      Its never about the money. It's always about the thrill. We do everything in life because of the way it makes us feel. We are experience collectors. Nothing more. We exist to experience. Marketing (and life lesson) 101!

      We need the experiences to intensify. Otherwise they become insignificant to us.

      Thus the concept of boredom. Thus the feeling of a lack of satisfaction.

      If we continue to experience the same pattern of outside/in experiences we become bored.
      If we continue to experience the same pattern of inside/out experiences we feel a lack of emotional satisfaction.

      The level of intensity is shaped by our frame of reference.

      As we move ahead in life, the frame of reference changes. The stakes are higher. The numbers may grow for example, but the intensity doesn't increase by the same proportion. We have to continually strive to find bigger and better experiences of higher intensity often in a completely different sphere to grow as human beings. To keep us stimulated. Satisfied.

      When it comes to making money. It is exactly the same. The acquiring of money allows us to experience the things that we dream of. As we crave more intense and varied experiences we need more money to pay for them. However, the actual process of acquiring it can also be an exhilarating and thrilling experience.

      When you released your first infoproduct I'm sure you got such a rush on your first sale. Then the next one. Then the next one. And the next one. And so on. But pretty soon you took the experience for granted. It was no longer a huge thrill.

      You would go through exactly the same process if the product was priced at $7 or $7000 or even $700,000.

      Thus is the change in the frame of reference these "big guys" go through.

      When we refuse to allow our frame of reference to change, we become stagnant. Bored. Unfulfilled.

      Bringing this back to IM.

      Certain people have a seven or eight figure business because they change their frame of reference and change the things that they do in their business in order to grow. Those stuck with a six figure or less process and who do not understand that a paradigm shift is required, will never make the leap to the big numbers. They never achieve financial independence because they lack this basic insight and focus solely on striving to make the money by doing more of the same.

      Thomas

      Wow! This was just such a great post. I really don't have anything more
      to add than that.

      Thanks...very inspiring.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340998].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin AKA Hubcap
        After you reach a certain income level it's about more than money.

        Steve Jobs, Bill Gates Michael Dell etc. do not need to work but they do.

        James Patterson doesn't need to write another book, but he will.

        The money becomes a by product of loving what you do and providing value to people.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kim Standerline
      Tom

      I love reading your posts, they are always so well written and thought out

      Do you do a lot of writing yourself.

      Waggers,

      I agree with Tom, I get a much more vicarious thrill out of accomplishing something rather than the money at the end, tho obviously its important.

      I probably tend to look at IM as a bit of a hobby, I don't ever want to get too reliant on it that I couldn't afford to give it up, cos then it wouldn't be fun any more

      Kim

      Originally Posted by tomw View Post

      Its never about the money. Its always about the thrill. We do everything in life because of the way it makes us feel. We are experience collectors. Nothing more. We exist to experience. Marketing (and life lesson) 101!

      We need the experiences to intensify. Otherwise they become insignificant to us.

      Thus the concept of boredom. Thus the feeling of a lack of satisfaction.

      If we continue to experience the same pattern of outside/in experiences we become bored.
      If we continue to experience the same pattern of inside/out experiences we feel a lack of emotional satisfaction.

      The level of intensity is shaped by our frame of reference.

      As we move ahead in life, the frame of reference changes. The stakes are higher. The numbers may grow for example, but the intensity doesn't increase by the same proportion. We have to continually strive to find bigger and better experiences of higher intensity often in a completely different sphere to grow as human beings. To keep us stimulated. Satisfied.

      When it comes to making money. It is exactly the same. The acquiring of money allows us to experience the things that we dream of. As we crave more intense and varied experiences we need more money to pay for them. However, the actual process of acquiring it can also be an exhilarating and thrilling experience.

      When you released your first infoproduct I'm sure you got such a rush on your first sale. Then the next one. Then the next one. And the next one. And so on. But pretty soon you took the experience for granted. It was no longer a huge thrill.

      You would go through exactly the same process if the product was priced at $7 or $7000 or even $700,000.

      Thus is the change in the frame of reference these "big guys" go through.

      When we refuse to allow our frame of reference to change, we become stagnant. Bored. Unfulfilled.

      Bringing this back to IM.

      Certain people have a seven or eight figure business because they change their frame of reference and change the things that they do in their business in order to grow. Those stuck with a six figure or less process and who do not understand that a paradigm shift is required, will never make the leap to the big numbers. They never achieve financial independence because they lack this basic insight and focus solely on striving to make the money by doing more of the same.

      Thomas
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343264].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tomw
        Originally Posted by Kim Standerline View Post

        Tom

        I love reading your posts, they are always so well written and thought out

        Do you do a lot of writing yourself.

        Waggers,

        I agree with Tom, I get a much more vicarious thrill out of accomplishing something rather than the money at the end, tho obviously its important.

        I probably tend to look at IM as a bit of a hobby, I don't ever want to get too reliant on it that I couldn't afford to give it up, cos then it wouldn't be fun any more

        Kim
        Hey thanks Kim,

        No I only write here and on a couple of other business forums although I write marketing strategies and presentations for real world clients in the advertising and marketing world. However, (not a pitch) I am in the process of putting together a number of strategic marketing infoproducts for offline businesses as well as a pretty deep look into internet strategies based on leveraging consumer, market, relationship, brand, project, sales and of course growth insights and metrics and a whole heap of other tediously dull stuff!

        Thomas
        Signature
        STOP THE TRAFFIK: PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE BOUGHT AND SOLD
        Help Us Rescue, Rehabilitate And Reunite Victims With Their Families

        STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organisations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people,
        PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343303].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by tomw View Post

          Hey thanks Kim,

          No I only write here and on a couple of other business forums although I write marketing strategies and presentations for real world clients in the advertising and marketing world. However, (not a pitch) I am in the process of putting together a number of strategic marketing infoproducts for offline businesses as well as a pretty deep look into internet strategies based on leveraging consumer, market, relationship, brand, project, sales and of course growth insights and metrics and a whole heap of other tediously dull stuff!

          Thomas
          Yeah, but it's that tediously dull stuff that puts food on the table.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coolWebsites
    I'd say... you aren't thinking like one of the 'big' guys. You are thinking like a 'little' guy looking at a 'big' guy. When you make that money, you still feel good. $100k is still good. $1 million is good. But when you get to that point, generally if you are successful you aren't doing it for the money, you are doing it because you *enjoy* it, and the money is like keeping score in a computer game. If you *only* did it for the money, it would be like playing a computer game *only* to get a high score. You basically want to get a high score of course, but you enjoy the game. Same with these guys. They do it, because it's fun, they enjoy the relationships, they enjoy the new connections they make -- they like the fact that other people like what *they* do and what *they* have to say. That is where the enjoyment is. $100k is 'cool' and fun, and helps them do more of what they love.

    BTW, incidentally when you are reaching that kind of level of income, you *are* doing it for more than simply money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author B3n
    On another forum I saw a screen print of one of the JV contests for one of these very recent big launches.

    Basically the launcher was really acting the frat boy to try and goad his friends into emailing for him to get more sales.

    I knew that these were 30/40 year old men, but the way that the marketer was trying to goad them into promoting was really rather childish. If you didn't already know the marketers involved, you'd think they were teenagers on MySpace.

    On the whole, it must be about money. Secondary to that is the "who has the biggest" contest.

    But, can you blame them? The market sucks up to these people and swallows whatever they are told without question. At any point they will make hundreds of thousands, if not millions from a launch, in spite of their past failings.

    Example being a big launch last year where everyone had to wait several weeks for the product because the fulfilment house allegedly needed to order new CD inserts... A more cynical observer might say that the delays were caused because the product was launched before it was ready to ship
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341809].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tomw
      Originally Posted by .Ben. View Post

      On another forum I saw a screen print of one of the JV contests for one of these very recent big launches.

      Basically the launcher was really acting the frat boy to try and goad his friends into emailing for him to get more sales.

      I knew that these were 30/40 year old men, but the way that the marketer was trying to goad them into promoting was really rather childish. If you didn't already know the marketers involved, you'd think they were teenagers on MySpace.

      On the whole, it must be about money. Secondary to that is the "who has the biggest" contest.

      But, can you blame them? The market sucks up to these people and swallows whatever they are told without question. At any point they will make hundreds of thousands, if not millions from a launch, in spite of their past failings.

      Example being a big launch last year where everyone had to wait several weeks for the product because the fulfilment house allegedly needed to order new CD inserts... A more cynical observer might say that the delays were caused because the product was launched before it was ready to ship
      I understand what you're saying AND why you're saying it but there is a simple explanation. This can be made in two key sentences;

      1. Everyone wants to belong.
      2. The things that where funny when you where in highschool are just as funny now.

      Remember point (2) if you're ever stuck for a date and don't know how to approach a cute girl in a bar or coffee shop.



      Thomas
      Signature
      STOP THE TRAFFIK: PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE BOUGHT AND SOLD
      Help Us Rescue, Rehabilitate And Reunite Victims With Their Families

      STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organisations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people,
      PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marian Berghes
    A great example that they do it for more than the is this: Remember Reese's $1mil day? What did Kern say after that? it went something like "I want to make a product so I can beat his record"..he didn't beat it then, but it was that thrill of doing $1mil+ in ONE day...that should give you a pretty good rush of adrenaline in your body when you draw the line at the end of the day.

    One thing that I personally don't understand is: Why does Bill Gates still work? He aint in it for the rush anymore cus hes been doing it for 20+ years...and doing it at the HIGHEST level...he has like what 50+billion dollars? I would TOTALLY retire, not selling microsoft cus I think he loves that company...but just hire a competent team to manage it, give it to his children or something...

    One example of what success in life would mean to me: Paul Allen..Co Founder of Microsoft...quit his job, bought a $200mil WWII warship, made it a yacht and started sailing around the world.

    Why would I want to work over the age of 45? If lets say I have 1-3 billion dollars like Paul Allen had... I would build myself a nice home by the sea or something and just go visiting around the globe, play all kind of sports etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tess47
    The money is an added bonus, but I do it because I LOVE what I do. In fact, I am making pretty decent money in affiliate marketing, but I just decided to start ghost writing for others because I actually love writing that much. Go figure.

    Already, I have a couple of clients that want some pretty big packs of articles written, and I have started on the first. I sent the client the first article I had written, and he absolutely loved it. Now THAT is a high to me - making people happy with the work I do.

    I believe if you sincerely want to help others, either by teaching them how to do something or doing something FOR them that is good work, it will all come back around.

    Just my 2 cents
    Signature

    Tess
    Ghostwriting Services - Exceptional Content With An SEO Twist!
    Internet Marketing Tips - Straight Talk Marketing! Is Success on YOUR Horizon?
    Content Writing Services - Great. Content. Period.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[341865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coolWebsites
    Marian: Actually, it's a different perspective... If you 'need' money, you approach it entirely differently than someone who already 'has' it, and 'generates' it... I'm not sure what your interests are, but let's say you like playing video games... And let's say someone paid you $1,000 each time you played a video game... Would you 'retire' from playing video games, even though you were making a crapload of cash? No, because you simply like playing video games... It's really "cool" that you would happen to be making $1,000 each game -- but you would continue to play video games...

    In the same respect, I would venture to say that Bill Gates did it the same way... He was ecstatic that he made as much money as he did, but he continued to do it simply because it was 'fun'... That's one reason there is the expression 'do what you love and the money will come'...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
    I love what I do and I love money also. I've used the money to buy investment properties and other passive cash flow assest, so I'm pretty much set. However, I have people I'd like to take care of as well. Family members etc. After they're living comfortable, then I'll have charitable interests to keep me motivated.

    The bottom line is, there is never enough money. And when it comes as easy as it does for the top guys, I can understand why they keep making it.

    Once you get to that level, you can get paid for your creativity while others do all the work for you.

    Plus, the $10 million a year or whatever they're trying to make is not a lot relative to what many business owners and CEOs are earning.

    If the sky's the limit, don't make the limit the sky. If you have the opportunity to live like a king, don't convince yourself that anything less is satisfactory.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Hangen
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    I look at some of the products the big guys come out with on a fairly regular
    basis.

    Have you noticed that the next one is bigger and badder than the one before
    it and probably twice as much money?

    I guess when you reach the point of making 6 figures in a month, the high
    of a launch must be pretty hard to conjure. I mean, how do you get excited
    about even launching a $197 product?

    Even if you make 500 sales, that's only $98,500...certainly not something a
    John Reese or Frank Kern is going to get excited about.

    So at what point is the high just not enough? When do you reach the point
    where the fun is all gone, if all you're doing it for is the money?

    Fortunately, I don't have that problem as the money is not my primary
    focus. Yes, I need it to survive, but if I reached the point where I was
    independently wealthy, I'd probably put up a free site with all the knowledge
    that I have and open it to the public...free education for all...no strings.

    That would be my high...knowing I've done something like that.

    Will it take a while to get there? Probably. Maybe even the rest of my life.

    But for everybody else who does this for the thrill of making the big bucks,
    at what point do you sit down and turn on your TV saying to yourself...

    "Ho hum, another 6 figure month."

    I would hate to ever reach that point.
    I am so happy to read this...in fact I just made a similar point in another thread.

    I do this to make money so that I can move into more profitable and worthwhile ventures. I refuse to sell things that are not valuable and I don't feel right making money unethically. Why sell something for $1997 when it is only worth $500?

    Also, I want to make money online so that eventually I can create more and more passive income vehicles. It seems to me that creating a new launch and new products all the time adds more work then it takes away. I don't know, maybe I'm not cut out to be a guru, but then again I'd prefer it that way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343212].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by nhangen View Post

      I am so happy to read this...in fact I just made a similar point in another thread.

      I do this to make money so that I can move into more profitable and worthwhile ventures. I refuse to sell things that are not valuable and I don't feel right making money unethically. Why sell something for $1997 when it is only worth $500?

      Also, I want to make money online so that eventually I can create more and more passive income vehicles. It seems to me that creating a new launch and new products all the time adds more work then it takes away. I don't know, maybe I'm not cut out to be a guru, but then again I'd prefer it that way.

      You know, it's so ironic that I brought this thread up the other day. I
      was just looking at my stats for the month. I am only $979 away from
      having my first $15,000 month ever...and in December no less.

      Can you tell I'm excited?

      No, the thrill for me is not gone yet...and I hope it's never gone.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343238].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tomw
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        You know, it's so ironic that I brought this thread up the other day. I
        was just looking at my stats for the month. I am only $979 away from
        having my first $15,000 month ever...and in December no less.

        Can you tell I'm excited?

        No, the thrill for me is not gone yet...and I hope it's never gone.
        But it's nowhere near the thrill you felt when "someone actually paid me!!!" for the very first sale of your very first infoproduct...



        By the way...nice job!

        Thomas
        Signature
        STOP THE TRAFFIK: PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE BOUGHT AND SOLD
        Help Us Rescue, Rehabilitate And Reunite Victims With Their Families

        STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organisations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people,
        PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343274].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
          Originally Posted by tomw View Post

          But it's nowhere near the thrill you felt when "someone actually paid me!!!" for the very first sale of your very first infoproduct...



          By the way...nice job!

          Thomas
          I don't know Thomas. This one is pretty close. I have so many times
          toyed with that 15K mark but could never hit it. It looks like this month
          I'm finally going to do it. It's been my personal Mount Everest.

          But yes, that first sale...my jaw almost hit the floor.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Green
    I agree Steven, I think though that my high would be getting to the point where I can help others get started. Something like a grant to help newbies get started, and guide them through making money online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Schramko
    IM is a whole heap of fun. I get a thrill out of helping others and I can do it in my T-Shirt from anywhere in the world.

    I used to do a very high paid job but I lost the passion for it once I got a taste of the freedom, leverage and the control that working for youself doing IM brings.

    I currently have no desire to scale beyond a home office as I have been able to be near my wife & four children and earn a lot more than my old job. It looks like some of them will be doing this stuff too.

    Funny thing is I am achieving new records with my business KPI's even though things seem to get easier and easier. I still do more than I technically 'have to' because I love it.

    Regarding the free resource site - I am increasingly adding free training videos so that I can help more people experience self empowerment...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[343268].message }}

Trending Topics