14 replies
My own subscription page shows a page not found error and i cant subscribe to my own feed. Its weird ive all sorts of errors so far with wp 2.7. Any suggestions?
#error #feed #rss #wordpress #worpress pugin #wp upgrade
  • Profile picture of the author David_Thompson
    I'm running 2.7 on 2 different servers and everything works
    like a charm.

    One is on a php 4.4.7 and the other is running on 5.0
    it might be a plugin causing the problem deactivate
    all plugins and see what happens.

    --David
    Signature
    JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wealthmaker2008
      Originally Posted by David_Thompson View Post

      I'm running 2.7 on 2 different servers and everything works
      like a charm.

      One is on a php 4.4.7 and the other is running on 5.0
      it might be a plugin causing the problem deactivate
      all plugins and see what happens.

      --David

      hey so get this real quick i deactivated all plugins and it still gave me the page not found error and then i switched to the original theme and it did the same so i really should reinstall wordpress. let me know what you think?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wealthmaker2008
    I did that and then i also redownloaded the theme and it didnt fix it. So what i will do is try both again and then see if it clears it up. If that doesnt do it then i could alter the html i guess.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    People should not be in such a rush to update to 2.7, huge mistake.. There are security issues in 2.7 right now..

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wealthmaker2008
      Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

      People should not be in such a rush to update to 2.7, huge mistake.. There are security issues in 2.7 right now..

      James

      oh i know trust me i was in no rush either. I hate 2.7 but fantastico automatically downloads the newest version. I dont know if there is a way to change that. I will check.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345705].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
        Originally Posted by wealthmaker2008 View Post

        oh i know trust me i was in no rush either. I hate 2.7 but fantastico automatically downloads the newest version. I dont know if there is a way to change that. I will check.
        That is one reason why I always suggest to customers and/or clients to never use any kind of auto-update.. Could cause more issues than what you care to deal with ...

        Not sure if wordpress has an archive of their downloads but if you need a zip file of wordpress 2.6.5 let me know ...

        James
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345731].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wealthmaker2008
          Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

          That is one reason why I always suggest to customers and/or clients to never use any kind of auto-update.. Could cause more issues than what you care to deal with ...

          Not sure if wordpress has an archive of their downloads but if you need a zip file of wordpress 2.6.5 let me know ...

          James

          Hey thanks alot i appreciate the offer. I will take that if you dont mind. Im loosing time and money playing with this i will just dl manually.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345738].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
            Originally Posted by wealthmaker2008 View Post

            Hey thanks alot i appreciate the offer. I will take that if you dont mind. Im loosing time and money playing with this i will just dl manually.
            Ok sending you a PM right now with a link ..

            James
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark McWilliams
      Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

      There are security issues in 2.7 right now..
      Well have they been reported then, so that the WP Team can go
      and sort them, along with anything else others have reported?

      Since I have upgraded to WordPress 2.7, I've not had any kind of problems
      with anything! Everything is working just like it's meant too!...

      Thanks
      Mark
      Signature
      On mark.mcwilliams.me or @markmcwilliams you'll find me!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    Try redirecting the rss to feedburner rss instead
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    Hi Mark,
    Actually do not be so sure all security issues are reported. One problem is many people just assume things. This is the exact reason why 100,000's of blogs are hacked every year. It does not matter how much you upgrade your blog nothing wordpress developers do will ever stop the hacking.

    Something many people seem to forget because they are conditioned to "upgrade" "backup" "upgrade" "backup" (This is by far the worst security advice I have ever heard in my 20+ years online) -- The hackers have access to this code also because the code is open source.

    What is really amazing and many do not know this unless ofcourse they are a coder, wordpress has more security on the "Make a New Post" form then they do on the entire script itself including the admin access. Well security on making a post don't really matter if a hacker gets access to your system, now does it ??

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark McWilliams
      Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

      Actually do not be so sure all security issues are reported. One problem is many people just assume things.
      You make a fair point James, but I was talking more along the lines of people who want to help out. Or at least words to that effect. I'm not one who will go trawling through code to look for, any loopholes that *may* be there! But then one thing I don't understand is if you spend the time doing that, then why not report it? (Maybe unless you're a hacker, but that's not the point!)

      I am very well aware of the fact that a potential hacker has access to the open-source files, but as you say there will most likely be some people out there who don't!

      Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

      What is really amazing and many do not know this unless ofcourse they are a coder, wordpress has more security on the "Make a New Post" form then they do on the entire script itself including the admin access. Well security on making a post don't really matter if a hacker gets access to your system, now does it ??
      As I'm not a coder, then yes, I have no way of knowing that really! And while people like yourself create product(s) to help combat this kind of thing, I can see another side of the coin, as to WHY they wouldn't want to go for something like this.

      It all depends on what you do and don't know, but when I started out, something like a MySQL database basically scared me! The same probably went for other things. Now the point I'm trying to make, is when coders create either a plugin/product that is going to 'work' with your WP installation, it probably scares some people too! - They just don't like their things being touched with!

      For example, your product sounds interesting, but for me anyway, there isn't enough to see on the salesletter to say buy me! Now I don't mean to be rude when I say that, what I mean is that there almost isn't enough to convince me into changing bits here ands there. (If you see what I'm saying?!)

      The main thing I think I was trying to say, or at least put across in my first post, was have you reported the security issues that you know of?...

      Thanks
      Mark
      Signature
      On mark.mcwilliams.me or @markmcwilliams you'll find me!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[346012].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
        Originally Posted by Mark McWilliams View Post

        You make a fair point James, but I was talking more along the lines of people who want to help out. Or at least words to that effect. I'm not one who will go trawling through code to look for, any loopholes that *may* be there! But then one thing I don't understand is if you spend the time doing that, then why not report it? (Maybe unless you're a hacker, but that's not the point!)

        I am very well aware of the fact that a potential hacker has access to the open-source files, but as you say there will most likely be some people out there who don't!


        As I'm not a coder, then yes, I have no way of knowing that really! And while people like yourself create product(s) to help combat this kind of thing, I can see another side of the coin, as to WHY they wouldn't want to go for something like this.

        It all depends on what you do and don't know, but when I started out, something like a MySQL database basically scared me! The same probably went for other things. Now the point I'm trying to make, is when coders create either a plugin/product that is going to 'work' with your WP installation, it probably scares some people too! - They just don't like their things being touched with!

        For example, your product sounds interesting, but for me anyway, there isn't enough to see on the salesletter to say buy me! Now I don't mean to be rude when I say that, what I mean is that there almost isn't enough to convince me into changing bits here ands there. (If you see what I'm saying?!)

        The main thing I think I was trying to say, or at least put across in my first post, was have you reported the security issues that you know of?...

        Thanks
        Mark
        Hi Mark,
        I fully understand .. As for my product you do not need to change anything actually I have a full pre-configured install and even a video that shows me installing in less than 10 minutes.

        I am still working through 2.7 myself, I have found some issues.. not only security but also browser related. 2 of the issues I know have already been reported so no need for me to do it once it was already done. As for the browser issues nothing real serious and I do not think they would spend the time fixing it anyways as it seems to be only related to netscape which I do infact run but as we all know AOL dropped development of netscape.

        I do not consider myself a writer or a marketer, yes I have created products and some have been very successful -- but I consider myself a developer as that is what I have done for the past 15 years.

        Anytime you feel the need to help me improve on my sales letter my ears are all open ..lol

        But anything serious that I would find that is not already reported, yes I would report it.. After all first and foremost I created WordPress Secured to protect others...

        James
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[346059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Dixon
    Guys.

    If you want to download a previous version of Wordpress, here is the link for all of them.

    Download › Release Archives

    Tim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[345953].message }}

Trending Topics