Clickbank experts: List or No-List?

by jrpt
11 replies
Hey Clickbank Gurus-

I have 3 seperate sites each catering to a single Clickbank product. I am not thrilled with my overall results but am getting some sales. I currently do not have a list/autoresponder set up on any but am considering doing so.

In your practices, does using a list on these types of products make the difference? I'm starting to think it does but UGH now I'd have to put together 3 more lists!

Thanks for the advice.

JR
#clickbank #experts #list #nolist
  • Profile picture of the author vickybabe
    There is no question here. A list is golden, you can set up emails to go out at certain points to people who do not buy, extremely valuable. It is said that a marketer can earn $1 per person on their list per month. Adds up.
    Signature
    Free Wso: Watch As We Rank A Video On The First Page In 4 Minutes Flat - Get Access Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter May
    I have recently put up a free report opt in as an exit pop up and am well pleased with the results before I was getting a lot of traffic but only few conversions as the niche is a recipe niche and mostly freebie seekers.
    Now by "giving away" and preselling them I am getting sales some days later from people I would otherwise have let go.

    Peter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DP55
    Not building a list is where you're going wrong. It's extremely important regardless of what niche you're in.
    Signature
    Business In A Box
    Let me set up a mostly-automated business for you. $XXX-XXXX/month. Marketing + website included! PM For More Info - Only $97. Only 3 Available!

    Brand New Private Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Even direct-linking enthusiasts don't typically recommend it for Clickbank products. Yes, you must, must, must build lists to sell these products, otherwise (at best) you're chasing about 15% of the money you could make and leaving the other 85% behind for other people like me who will very happily sell to the people you didn't opt in and build a relationship with by email.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858581].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Even direct-linking enthusiasts don't typically recommend it for Clickbank products. Yes, you must, must, must build lists to sell these products, otherwise (at best) you're chasing about 15% of the money you could make and leaving the other 85% behind for other people like me who will very happily sell to the people you didn't opt in and build a relationship with by email.
        Alexa is spot on. You know what makes up that other 85%?

        Selling related products.

        BTW - If all 3 sites are pushing the SAME CB product, then there shouldnt be any need to build 3 lists, unless you want to keep them seperate for some reason.

        But the fact that youre pushing the same product, even though you have 3 seperate sites makes this even easier.

        Use the same optin form, same list, and autoresponder series on all 3 sites.

        Now get to work, build those lists and start thinking about what RELATED PRODUCTS you can start offering.
        Signature

        BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858617].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jrpt
          Originally Posted by ramone_johnny View Post

          Alexa is spot on. You know what makes up that other 85%?

          Selling related products.

          BTW - If all 3 sites are pushing the SAME CB product, then there shouldnt be any need to build 3 lists, unless you want to keep them seperate for some reason.

          But the fact that youre pushing the same product, even though you have 3 seperate sites makes this even easier.

          Use the same optin form, same list, and autoresponder series on all 3 sites.

          Now get to work, build those lists and start thinking about what RELATED PRODUCTS you can start offering.
          I figured as such and no, each site is for a seperate CB product.

          2 folllowups:
          1. Specific recomendations for a can't miss autoresponder sequence writer/creator. Willing to pay.
          2. When U say related products, Id love to see just how related you mean. Do you rely solely
          on other CB products or doesn't it matter in your mind.

          JR
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858737].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
            Originally Posted by jrpt View Post

            I figured as such and no, each site is for a seperate CB product.

            2 folllowups:
            1. Specific recomendations for a can't miss autoresponder sequence writer/creator. Willing to pay.
            2. When U say related products, Id love to see just how related you mean. Do you rely solely
            on other CB products or doesn't it matter in your mind.

            JR
            Originally Posted by jrpt View Post

            ...no, each site is for a seperate CB product.
            Sorry dude, misinterpreted your wording. My apologies.

            As for your other questions....

            1. Specific recomendations for a can't miss autoresponder sequence writer/creator. Willing to pay.

            Err, do you mean an autoresponder service or freelance writer?

            If you are referring to an actual service, I can only recommend one, as its the only one Ive ever used, and that is Aweber. Others like Alexa, I believe use different services.

            2. When U say related products, Id love to see just how related you mean. Do you rely solely on other CB products or doesn't it matter in your mind.

            Okay, by related products, think of it like this.



            If you're pushing a product in the gardening niche, then isnt it likely that the people on your list might be interested in ......
            • techniques on how to prevent insects and diseases of certain plants or flowers?
            • gardening tools
            • suitable protective clothing for gardening
            • gardening techniques
            • where to buy seedlings, pots and soil
            • etc etc etc
            Probably a terrible example, but do you get my point?

            Before I start a site I already know that Ill be pushing my own product (Im primarily a vendor) however, in addition to that, Ill spend at least a week or so, finding RELATED PRODUCTS to offer in the back end!

            By doing this, you can literally take a $7 customer, and squeeze hundreds out of them Forget about just CB products.

            Try www.google.com and type in <keyword> affiliate OR <keyword> affiliate program

            Hope I havent missed anything, just thoughts off the top of my head.
            Signature

            BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858867].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author NateRivers
          Originally Posted by ramone_johnny View Post

          Alexa is spot on. You know what makes up that other 85%?

          Selling related products.

          BTW - If all 3 sites are pushing the SAME CB product, then there shouldnt be any need to build 3 lists, unless you want to keep them seperate for some reason.

          But the fact that youre pushing the same product, even though you have 3 seperate sites makes this even easier.

          Use the same optin form, same list, and autoresponder series on all 3 sites.

          Now get to work, build those lists and start thinking about what RELATED PRODUCTS you can start offering.
          I was going to say the same thing... related products. I usually promote one clickbank product per niche site, and then find a lot of other physical products that relate from amazon or cj. Works well.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3858749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sting82
    List building is very important for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3859271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author netw6000
    Hello:

    Yes... a list is VERY valuable if you do it right.

    The drawback is... you have to offer something of high value just to get them to opt in to your list. Like a free eBook or a monthly newsletter, etc. I would use Aweber as their emails are more deliverable.

    The list should be used to send out a series of sales letters for the initial product. And then you can sell back end related products forever. I usually include back end products in my monthly newsletters.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3859448].message }}

Trending Topics