Articles - but exactly the SAME article to MANY article websites?

15 replies
Sorry for the question but I suddenly have a doubt.

Let's say I write a good article. Then I want to submit it to say 10 article websites.

But, submitting the SAME article to 10 websites isn't seen against by the article websites themselves? Don't they look for unique content, too? So, does it make sense to submit the same article to 10 different websites?

It would be like submitting the same comment to 10 blogs or forums. Where is the value?

Did you experience any problem when submitting the same article over and over again? Did any article website owner notice the "new" article is just a copy?
#article #articles #websites
  • Profile picture of the author NicoleBeckett
    Most of the article directories will accept previously-published articles - as long as you're the author of them. The only one I believe that doesn't accept previously-published content is Buzzle.

    Before you publish anything, check each directory's terms of service. That will let you know exactly what you can/can't do.
    Signature
    Sick of blending in with the crowd? Ready to stand ahead of the pack? The right content writing services can get you there...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3900731].message }}
    • Originally Posted by NicoleBeckett View Post

      Most of the article directories will accept previously-published articles - as long as you're the author of them. The only one I believe that doesn't accept previously-published content is Buzzle.

      Before you publish anything, check each directory's terms of service. That will let you know exactly what you can/can't do.

      Yeah, thanks Nicole. In fact, until today I only used ezinarticles (for a few articles of mine) and I think to remember that they require the content must be unique to them...Something apparently overlooked by many.

      Thanks for your input, Nicole!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3900800].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NicoleBeckett
        Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

        Yeah, thanks Nicole. In fact, until today I only used ezinarticles (for a few articles of mine) and I think to remember that they require the content must be unique to them...Something apparently overlooked by many.

        Thanks for your input, Nicole!
        EZA might be one of the biggest and most popular article directories out there, but they are certainly not the "only show in town". There are plenty of good article directories out there that can get more eyes on your knowledge and on your link - plus help get your content syndicated.

        A site that I absolutely love (and often recommend to people) is American Chronicle. They are a bit "fancier" than the average article directory. They're more of an online newspaper/magazine, but they accept articles in all sorts of categories (not just current events). They are affiliated with a bunch of other online publications, so if your content is good, it's very likely going to get syndicated on their other sites right off the bat - which only helps it get picked up by other quality sites. And, they usually take a day or so to approve articles - which can be much faster than EZA.
        Signature
        Sick of blending in with the crowd? Ready to stand ahead of the pack? The right content writing services can get you there...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3902782].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Some other syndication resources that I use almost daily are the Directory of Ezines (directoryofezines.com), newspapers.com, and Writers' Market (available through Amazon or any major book reseller).
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3902933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stackcash
    Unless you are linking directly to an offer in your article, you probably want to submit unique articles to each directory. You can do this by rewording your original article a few times. You may also want to consider "spinning" the article if you plan on submitting it to several directories.

    Article marketing can provide a big boost to your income. However, you need to realize that unique content is a huge reason many article marketers see success. It may take more time to rewrite your articles and create unique content, but it will be worth it in the long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3900854].message }}
  • Hi Alessandro. Yes: You can submit the exact same article for syndication to as many article directories you like that accept article submissions from authors who own full exclusive rights to the content of the articles, even if those articles have been published elsewhere. Most article directories accept such articles, with Buzzle being the only article directory I can think of that doesn't. After all: You own full rights to the articles you're submitting, or at least have the permission of the person who owns full exclusive rights to the content of the articles to submit those articles to those article directories. Now: For some of my opinions and recommendations:

    †Do the things below before submitting your articles to the article directories of your choice. This will help you build your own Web properties and business, rather than build the Web properties and businesses of others, i.e. Those article directories...

    •Initially publish your original articles on your website...
    •Update your sitemap.xml then submit your updated sitemap.xml to Google Webmaster Tools for quick indexing...
    •You can also build backlinks pointing to the articles published on your website, especially on frequently crawled/indexed websites with high domain authority about topics relevant to your articles and target keywords...

    †Wisely select the right article directories to submit your articles to. There are article directories contextually relevant to your target topics and keywords. Some of these article directories are frequented by a lot of webmasters with sites targeting consumer markets with the same needs and problems as the needs and problems of your target consumer markets. These webmasters expect to find high quality content that will be useful for their target audience, and once they find your articles: They will publish your articles on their websites, unchanged, including your resource box links...

    †There are other contextually relevant, heavily trafficked, top SE ranking websites that accept content contributions from authors. Try to ask them if they're interested in publishing your articles, of course including your resource box links...

    †You can repurpose your articles by combining them into a PDF report or ebook, a video with voiceover, a slideshow presentation and blog posts with a more personal touch which your target audience can relate to. Of course: Try to add beneficial content to your repurposed materials not found in your articles. Then, after publishing your repurposed materials on your website, updating your sitemap.xml and submitting it to Google Webmaster Tools, or after building backlinks to those repurposed content materials published on your website: Find heavily trafficked, contextually relevant, top SE ranking websites that accept such content material contributions from authors who own full exclusive rights to the content of those materials. There are lots of ebook and PDF report repositories, document-sharing websites and video directories. You can offer your blog posts as guest blog posts to owners of heavily trafficked, contextually relevant, top SE ranking blogs...

    †Know the content approval terms or the terms of service policies implemented by each of the websites you want to submit your content to...
    Signature

    Professional Content Writing Service @ $0.03 / Word: Contact Us HERE
    • We have 2 decades of real world expertise in subject areas like Machine Learning / Deep Learning / AI / IOT / software programming / DIY electronics, digital marketing and telesales, product review / tutorial / blog / news article writing ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3900907].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Marx Vergel Melencio View Post

      Hi Alessandro. Yes: You can submit the exact same article for syndication to as many article directories you like that accept article submissions from authors who own full exclusive rights to the content of the articles, even if those articles have been published elsewhere. Most article directories accept such articles, with Buzzle being the only article directory I can think of that doesn't. After all: You own full rights to the articles you're submitting, or at least have the permission of the person who owns full exclusive rights to the content of the articles to submit those articles to those article directories. Now: For some of my opinions and recommendations:

      †Do the things below before submitting your articles to the article directories of your choice. This will help you build your own Web properties and business, rather than build the Web properties and businesses of others, i.e. Those article directories...

      •Initially publish your original articles on your website...
      •Update your sitemap.xml then submit your updated sitemap.xml to Google Webmaster Tools for quick indexing...
      •You can also build backlinks pointing to the articles published on your website, especially on frequently crawled/indexed websites with high domain authority about topics relevant to your articles and target keywords...

      †Wisely select the right article directories to submit your articles to. There are article directories contextually relevant to your target topics and keywords. Some of these article directories are frequented by a lot of webmasters with sites targeting consumer markets with the same needs and problems as the needs and problems of your target consumer markets. These webmasters expect to find high quality content that will be useful for their target audience, and once they find your articles: They will publish your articles on their websites, unchanged, including your resource box links...

      †There are other contextually relevant, heavily trafficked, top SE ranking websites that accept content contributions from authors. Try to ask them if they're interested in publishing your articles, of course including your resource box links...

      †You can repurpose your articles by combining them into a PDF report or ebook, a video with voiceover, a slideshow presentation and blog posts with a more personal touch which your target audience can relate to. Of course: Try to add beneficial content to your repurposed materials not found in your articles. Then, after publishing your repurposed materials on your website, updating your sitemap.xml and submitting it to Google Webmaster Tools, or after building backlinks to those repurposed content materials published on your website: Find heavily trafficked, contextually relevant, top SE ranking websites that accept such content material contributions from authors who own full exclusive rights to the content of those materials. There are lots of ebook and PDF report repositories, document-sharing websites and video directories. You can offer your blog posts as guest blog posts to owners of heavily trafficked, contextually relevant, top SE ranking blogs...

      †Know the content approval terms or the terms of service policies implemented by each of the websites you want to submit your content to...
      Wow, thank you for this detailed input, Marx. My head is spinning. So much to do! And all so meaningful!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3901463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

    But, submitting the SAME article to 10 websites isn't seen against by the article websites themselves?
    Only by one: "Buzzle". Every other article directory accepts previously published content. (As long as the author's name/pen-name is the same!).

    Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

    Don't they look for unique content, too?
    No. It's very fully discussed in this thread (which will also answer many of your other questions about article marketing, I think).

    Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

    Where is the value?
    Only in the backlink, really (i.e. it's very small indeed).

    Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

    Did you experience any problem when submitting the same article over and over again? Did any article website owner notice the "new" article is just a copy?
    No, never. But I don't do it any more, because the value of those backlinks is too low for me. This very recent post in another thread may interest you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3900928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    Submit to every article directory except Buzzle. Buzzle.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3901903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
    Originally Posted by Alessandro Brunelli View Post

    Sorry for the question but I suddenly have a doubt.

    Let's say I write a good article. Then I want to submit it to say 10 article websites.

    But, submitting the SAME article to 10 websites isn't seen against by the article websites themselves? Don't they look for unique content, too? So, does it make sense to submit the same article to 10 different websites?

    It would be like submitting the same comment to 10 blogs or forums. Where is the value?

    Did you experience any problem when submitting the same article over and over again? Did any article website owner notice the "new" article is just a copy?
    Look at it this way.....If you wrote an article for Sports Illustrated about golf and they published it, then would you turn down an offer to have the same article published in Golf Magazine? Of course not. There are only a few sites that have to have unique content and there are many benefits to having the same article on multiple sites.

    You get more backlinks, more traffic, and you have more chances of ranking high in the search engines. It is like getting your article in front of a different subscriber base for a different magazine.

    Benjamin Ehinger
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3903165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author david pauls
    I am in the process of submitting to about 80 more directories with an automated software.I have never been asked to prove that I am the original writer. But, I use the same pen name for almost all of these directories, so I assume thats why I have never been asked.

    To the best of my knowledge, Buzzle is the only one that doesn't.

    EZA and all the other well-known ones certainly always have done - everything goes on my site first, then to EZA, then anywhere else.

    Here are a few article directories I submit to that dont mind publishing already published articles elsewhere:
    Article Dashboard Directory | Submit Articles | Search Find Free Content | Author Submission
    Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticlesBase.com
    Free Online Articles - Free Articles Directory
    ArticleSnatch Free Article Directory
    Submit articles or find free articles
    Article directory submit and find free articles on A1articles
    Articles Magazine - Daily articles and news
    Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticleRich.com
    EveryQuery Articles
    Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3903826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sebastian Batiste
    Article marketing is a great strategy so congrats on choosing this one I have had great success with it but have found that you must use original content for each submission or the quality of the link you are awarded is impeded although you will get a link it will not be veiwed by the engines as as good as it could be.
    Try 'the best spinner' I hate spinning articles but this peice of software makes it as easy as possible and I beleive it also has a submission option which alows you to then submitt those articles to many directoires
    Hope that helps
    Signature

    5 FREE HIGH POWER List Building Tools ==>Email Marketing Master Start Building Your List Today

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3903911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeMack
    Hi....

    You may want to read this thread:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...lDMsT38vy5NaRK

    JoeMack
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3903938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lyanna
      Alessandro,

      It's fine. Think about all the press releases companies put out every week that have thousands of copies all over the internet. Are these companies penalized? Nope, in fact their websites get a lot of backlinks and exposure. There is nothing wrong with having several copies of the same content in different websites.

      I am working on a press release right now. It would be great if it (and every copy if exactly the same!) would be picked up by a lot of websites.

      Cheers,

      Lyanna



      Nicole,

      Thanks for the link to America Chronicle. What great-looking website, I am gonna try it for sure!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3904405].message }}

Trending Topics