I am marketing a website for an acquaintance of mine. Don't want to reveal the site name but it is in a popular niche.
The soul of my social media strategy is: No Spamming. No automated following. I just want to build strong relations with people.
I have chalked out the following plan for the promotion of the site:
- Commenting daily on 10-15 niche blogs.
- Commenting daily on 10-15 high traffic blogs in general niche.
- Try to be among the first three to comment on the blog posts.
- Follow 15-20 authorities in Twitter. And communicate with them. Will try not to get disheartened even if they don't reply to me. Someday they will.
- Go through the followers list of the authorities and follow 3 people daily. This ensures that the ones I follow have the same interest.
- Reply to their tweets and help them if they need.
- Create pdf, slideshows and videos of every post that my client puts up on the site.
- Upload the pdf to scribd. Slideshows to slideshare. And videos to Youtube.
- Answer 10 questions daily on Yahoo Answers. 2-3 answers will have links to the client site as source. No Spamming. Will link only if the post answers that particular question.
- How do I promote the youtube videos, pdf and slideshows?? Apart from tweeting about it.
- I found few niche online forums, but none of them allow sig links. How can one leverage the potential of such forums?
I know in the end it all boils down to one thing: Action and Perseverance. And I am ready for it.
So how do you like my above strategy as a starter in social media marketing?? Any help in overcoming the issues is welcome.
What is your strategy?? Feel free to mention any other strategy which is bringing you a good RoI.