They currently sell through wholesalers, retail, and eCommerce. It is the eCommerce I am working on. We have boosted traffic from a variety of sources, mostly social media, but a few other sources including search engines. However our bounce rates have also increased and our conversions haven't really gone up.
I was hoping to ask for some thoughts on how to improve conversions for people who already visit the web site. Here are the issues as I see them...
- Writing long form copy doesn't really affect sales because it is art with nice photos. Either you like it or you don't. I am not convinced writing long copy would help.
- We have used videos on some of the product pages and it seems to help a little, but not a ton.
- We have really nice photos and a Flash viewer so you can mouse over the photo and see really close up so buyers can see EXACTLY what they are buying.
- Price is very affordable in my opinion, about $25 average with some up to $40, but that is rare. Seems to be very well in line with other art web sites. Unfortunately they are unique pieces so there is no way to do a true apples to apples comparison with someone else.
- We have tons of search, key word searches and categories to make it easy to find products.
- Site is easy to use
Given a site like this what suggestions would you give to boost conversions or where would you tell me to go look for ideas?
Thanks in advance.