I am writing my first ebook.Know of any good outlines?

by Johnny Danes Banned
8 replies
Since this is my first ebook.....do any of you know of a good outline I can follow...yes sort of like a fill in the blanks templates.

I am not a well organized writer and I need something to follow since it's my first time.


Thanks
#ebookknow #good #outlines #writing
  • Profile picture of the author Greyhounds
    Banned
    Just make your own. Get 5 to 10 points written down. Make two sub points for each one. Then there ya go!

    A custom template for your custom book
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974570].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Johnny Danes
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Greyhounds View Post

      Just make your own. Get 5 to 10 points written down. Make two sub points for each one. Then there ya go!

      A custom template for your custom book

      GH,

      Are you saying do this:

      Chapter 1
      Point1
      Point2
      Point3

      Chaper 2
      P1
      P2
      P3

      Chaper 3
      ETC..........
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurie390
    Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post

    Since this is my first ebook.....do any of you know of a good outline I can follow...yes sort of like a fill in the blanks templates.

    I am not a well organized writer and I need something to follow since it's my first time.


    Thanks
    Sorry, I don't have an outline. But it's a good idea to write down the main ideas you want to cover. Then you can turn each idea into a chapter. Then make an outline for each chapter of the main points you want to say, then expand on them.
    Signature

    Laurie Neumann
    Huge PLR Closeout Sale at Quality Internet Marketing PLR

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikestewart
      Use Microsoft Word. They have templates (ebook templates specifically) where you can replace the text in the title, chapters, headings, etc... Once complete, convert to pdf file. I have used this every time, works like a charm.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974624].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Johnny Danes
        Banned
        Originally Posted by mikestewart View Post

        Use Microsoft Word. They have templates (ebook templates specifically) where you can replace the text in the title, chapters, headings, etc... Once complete, convert to pdf file. I have used this every time, works like a charm.

        Hmmm..........I'll have to check it out.

        Thanks...I'll see what else I can find.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author armadillo
    If I give you MY outline, you'll end up writing MY book.
    Neither of us wants that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3974988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joey89
    Well an outline for your eBook can be like this;


    Cover page - Theres is many websites you can visit to get a nice design, I like

    myecovermaker.com

    Legal notice - This is your disclaimer or legal notice, copyright etc..

    Table of contents

    Introduction


    Chapter one
    Topic 1
    Topic 2
    Topic 3
    Chapter two
    Topic 1
    Topic 2
    Topic 3
    Chapter three
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.


    Also you don't have to follow the exact book-type format. An eBook doesn't have to be extremely well written. Content is king like people say. If you have good content, you can make one with no chapters at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3975331].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Johnny Danes
      Banned
      Hi Joey,

      thanks for taking time to answer my post.





      Originally Posted by Joey89 View Post

      Well an outline for your eBook can be like this;


      Cover page - Theres is many websites you can visit to get a nice design, I like

      myecovermaker.com

      Legal notice - This is your disclaimer or legal notice, copyright etc..

      Table of contents

      Introduction


      Chapter one
      Topic 1
      Topic 2
      Topic 3
      Chapter two
      Topic 1
      Topic 2
      Topic 3
      Chapter three
      etc.
      etc.
      etc.


      Also you don't have to follow the exact book-type format. An eBook doesn't have to be extremely well written. Content is king like people say. If you have good content, you can make one with no chapters at all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3978742].message }}

Trending Topics