I guess it is a pretty good achievement. However over the years I have created a massive smart marketing plan to ensure they sell well, and I am not limited to just one or two ways. If there is a 'so called secret' to selling ebooks, this would be mine (see below).
You just have to be a little creative, thats all.....
Here are my top 7 creative ways I have used to sell massive amounts of ebooks throughout the world. I am sure if you are struggling at the moment, this will give you some fresh ideas. They have really work like gangbusters for me, and I am sure they will do the same for you.
7 simple highly effective & creative ways of making more money with your ebooks than just selling them....
1) I divide my ebooks, some meaty parts and give it for free. Then have links at the end of the report to download the rest of teh book. I also add affiliate links inside them, and other links to my site as they go viral. That is like having money in teh bank. Can you say KA-CHING$!!
2) Some publishers and other ezine sites have asked to reprint some of my ebook content with a link back to my salespages, and optin pages. This works well.
3) I have asked for my freebie ebooks to be put on doing a JV on other big marketers thankyou or download pages. When A user buys something, or downloads something they are offered my freebie. I cannot tell you how good this works and takes about 40 mins or so to set it all up with the other party, then it just glides on autopilot. GENIUS!!!
4) I do sell updates and redrafts of my ebooks. Like when you see people sell VERSION 2.0 or 3.0. Just like movie sequels. It is the same tactic. To some its sounds stupid, but if you have a list, people are chomping at the bit to learn more. It does work very well. You can also offer backends / membership sites you forgot add in your version 1.0 cool ey? So powerful too.
5) Instead of selling complete ebook for $47 I will sell chapters first, and then later give an option to download the complete ebook, if they do like it. WIN WIN situation.
6) When i am done with an e-book I will normally chop it up and outsource someone to make it a video course, membership site with funnels and backends. I will drip feed this content to them, and show them how to do each step. It is priceless. This is where the big dough is. I have literally created a $47 ebook into and empire that brings in hundreds of dollars each day doing this, and was how i quit my job!!. it is all about perceived value here. Some People think meh!, $47 ebook whatever!. And others out there think....hmmmmm $197 membership site....hmmmmm now that sounds good! But it does come down to your copy and how you set it all up and your OFFER also.
7) This is my favourite and hardly anyone uses this. I charge $1 to download my book, and it if is a $37 dollar ebook, they can download it, and they only pay $1 upfront, and then I charge the remaining $36 say 7 days later. I warn the user first and this works a treat. Gets more people to say yes. They can cancel to at anytime, if they want a refund. Genius.
There are more ways obviously, but these have been the most effective for me. Hope it gives you some nice ideas to test out.
To your online profits.