For the last 2 months I have made over $1000 a month on Amazon and it looks like this month will be well over $1000 as well. Here are 5 tricks that have helped me and should definitely help you as well!
I hope these tips help, let me know what has helped you improve your sales on Amazon!
- Create a variety of sites, but there are two types of products you should focus on, high volume and big ticket
- Create high volume products sales sites (think razor blade and handle type products, things people NEED) to market products that people NEED to buy, and buy on a monthly basis
- Once you have traffic to your high volume product sites tell people to buy in bulk this simple trick will turn a person from buying 1 item, to 10 items and your commission from $1 to $10! People actually read your posts, and a little push is all they need to spend more
- You want to create sites for small ticket items to increase your payout. Amazon has a tier for their commission, you have to sell over a certain amount of products to reach 7%, 7.5%, 8% etc. Sell a lot of small ticket items to increase the payout for your big ticket items.
- also create sites for big ticket items. You may only sell one or two laptops a per week, but getting $25 commission is pretty sweet!
- Know the payouts - some items have a cap on the commission, or lower payouts. Electronics generally have a 4% commission, but other big ticket items pay upwards of 7%
- Avoid the cap - Some items are capped, when I sell the computer the most I can make is $25, when I sell a treadmill I can make up to $100
- Try to make sites around what people like to buy online and are expensive. What do you buy online, or look for online, stuff that is small and expensive are more likely to be bought online like watches, sunglasses, video games etc. These are good things to make sites about (an authority domain around video games would KILL on amazon)
- Convince people to buy - before I post the affiliate link I like to remind people of the benefits of buying online, stuff like better prices, more shopping options, free shipping, delivery right to your front door. This likely pushes a few extra people to buy that normally might now
- Your affiliate links are important. I find the best conversion is in text links, and adding the affiliate link to the images. A little buy now button in your image will help increase click throughs. Really all you want to do is send people to Amazon, who knows what they will buy