As many warriors are either in full time or part time employment in the "off line" world I thought I'd share 20 of my tips for replacing your day job income AND MORE while working in your "normal" job.
1. The most important part of this process is creating the right mindset. You MUST believe that you can do it. If you doubt yourself and don't believe in yourself you're making your goals all the more harder to reach.
2. You MUST create a plan about how you will make money online...This involves doing some research. If it's affiliate marketing then you have to decide on whether you will pay for traffic or use free methods that take more sweat and tears.
3. You MUST be prepared to work for it. Too often I get emails from people who are expecting overnight success with little work involved. This is completely unrealistic. If you were the owner of an offline business you'd go bust overnight if you spent no time in it. It is exactly the same in the online world.
4. You MUST be prepared to put aside some money every month to grow your business. Unfortunately there seems to be the mistaken belief that you can create a massive business online with little invested back in. It's just not possible. You must be prepared to throw some cash into your business every month - both to maintain it and to grow it.
Taking the offline world as an example, if you were to purchase a popular franchise that could cost you up to a million dollars or more. And you would have to expend that money before you saw any money back - you'd be working very hard to get that kind of money returned any time soon.
Now I'm not saying that you have to invest a million dollars into your online businesses - far from it. We're fortunate enough that we can actually spend a couple hundred a month and get returns of thousands of dollars....It's just a matter of being wise where you spend your money and being smart about how you reinvest it back into your business.
5. You MUST be prepared to put in even just a little effort every single day into your internet businesses if you can. My personal experience has found that that builds a lot of momentum rather than doing it in larger batches one day a week.
6. You MUST be prepared to make sacrifices. The net is not where you get money for nothing. You have to have the foresight to understand that this is a longer term goal than a shorter one. As an example, in my first 3 months I made $1000 per month. A year later it had grown to $4000 to $5000 per month and a year later, NOW, it is well over $15,000 per month. If I had just focused on the initial $1000 figure I may well have given up but instead I had the patience and the foresight to see this as a long term plan - NOT A GET RICH QUICK PLAN.
7. You HAVE TO believe in yourself even when others don't. Quite often your partners/spouses/family members will only see you spending money and doing a lot of research and expanding your education. They may not understand the big picture. They are probably expecting you to make money overnight or it's a hopeless scenario. That's not true. If you have faith in yourself then you're halfway there. When your family members start doubting you then send them some blog posts on this forum where warriors have shared their inspirational stories.
8. DON'T GIVE UP! There is only ONE WAY that you can guarantee to fail online and that's by giving up. Don't do it. I actually started marketing in 2001 and gave up a couple of years later, a dismal failure. If I hadn't started again in 2005/2006 I'd now be missing out on a massive online income....so don't give up.....
9. Keep trying until you find what works for you. If you actually did a poll of every warrior in this forum you'd find there are probably 100s of methods that people are using to make money online. So you tried pay per click and that didn't work, then look at blogging, article marketing, video marketing etc-- find what works for you (you'll know when that happens) and rinse and repeat.
10. NEVER stop learning. Probably the day when you think you've learnt everything there is to know online is the day that your business will start to decline. One thing that happens with the internet is that it never stops evolving. Me being a Gemini, that's probably why I find it so invigorating. Methods that worked last year may not work so well now...
11. DON'T get overwhelmed. One of the main reasons why people give up online is because they get totally bamboozled and confused. You'll know when that's about to happen - your head starts spinning. When that happens take a break - however long you need to - to clear your head...even if it takes a day or two.
12. BE CHOOSY in who you follow. There are so many experienced internet marketers that every Warrior can learn from. A word of caution - trying to follow too many people at the one time will only confuse you and have you doing nothing. It's just like too many chefs spoil the broth. Follow only one or two marketers until you've learnt as much as you can from them and only then look at learning from others.
13. Work SMARTER not harder. For those of us with families and in employment clearly time is limited. For this reason you really need to plan out your marketing activities and do what takes the smallest amount of time for the biggest results.
14. Make SMALL GOALS. Now if you started internet marketing today and said to yourself okay next month I want to make $10,000 you're setting a very high goal post for yourself and setting yourself up for a fall. Instead make small goals such as - your first goal is to make $10 per day online....your next goal is to make $20 per day online, your next goal is to make $50 per day online...etc...Smaller goals are much more achievable than one massive one from the start.
15. Spend A LOT OF TIME AT THIS FORUM. The Warrior Forum contains the best marketers in the world, and the wealth of knowledge is incredible - and so is the generosity of heart. This is THE BEST LEARNING GROUND for anyone wanting to make money online.
16. BE GRATEFUL for what you have every single day. It's important to recognise your blessings every day and give thanks for them so that you can get more blessings thereafter.
17. BE GENEROUS in mind, wallet and spirit. Don't be stingy with your knowledge, your ability and your wallet. Share what you have so that you can be replenished with more to give away.
18. KEEP A DAILY MARKETING DIARY. I write in my diary every single day about results I've had, tasks to do, tasks I've done, sales I've made....so that I can always look back at a certain period to remember what I did to get a certain result.
19. PRINT OUT AN INCOME GOAL CHART and look at it every day.
20. BE CONSISTENT AND PERSISTENT. Don't be lazy about performing the tasks that you need to perform. Once you get it right you'll be able to outsource many of your tedious tasks.
I hope these 20 tips help you create the right environment to make your internet marketing dreams come true.
PS: Okay, warriors after reading the thread posts I'm going to continue giving....if you like this thread then please subscribe to is as I share some motivational posts to keep you motivated into the new year
MOTIVATIONAL POST 1: DREAM YOUR LIFE
Impossible is Just a Word
Everyone, at some point of his or her life, has dreamed of being somebody special, somebody big. Who hasn't fantasized about being the one who hits the game-winning homer? Who hasn't dreamed of being the homecoming queen? And how many times have we dreamed of being rich, or successful, or happy with our relationships?
Often, we dream big dreams and have great aspirations. Unfortunately, our dreams remain just that - dreams. And our aspirations easily collect dust in our attic.
This is a sad turn of events in our life. Instead of experiencing exciting adventures in self actualization, we get caught up in the humdrum of living from day-to-day just barely existing.
But you know what?
Life could be so much better, if only we learned to aim higher.
The most common problem to setting goals is the word impossible. Most people get hung up thinking I can't do this. It's too hard. It's too impossible. No one can do this.
However, if everyone thought that, there would be no inventions, no innovations, and no breakthroughs in human accomplishment.
Remember that scientists were baffled when they took a look at the humble bumblebee. Theoretically, they said, it was impossible for the bumblebee to fly. Unfortunately for the bumble, bee no one has told it so. So fly it does.
On the other hand, some people suffer from dreaming totally outrageous dreams and not acting on them. The result? Broken dreams, and tattered aspirations.
If you limit yourself with self-doubt, and self-limiting assumptions, you will never be able to break past what you deem impossible. If you reach too far out into the sky without working towards your goal, you will find yourself clinging on to the impossible dream.
Try this exercise.
Take a piece of paper and write down some goals in your life. Under one header, list down things 'you know you can do'. Under another header, write the things 'you might be able to do.' And under one more, list the things that that are 'impossible for you to do.'
Now look at all the headers strive every day to accomplish the goals that are under things 'you know you can do'. Check them when you are able to accomplish them. As you slowly are able to check all of your goals under that heading, try accomplishing the goals under the other header-the one that reads 'you might be able to do.'
As of the items you wrote under things I could do are accomplished, you can move the goals that are under things that are 'impossible for you to do' to the list of things 'you might be able to do.'
As you iterate through this process, you will find out that the goals you thought were impossible become easier to accomplish. And the impossible begin to seem possible after all.
You see, the technique here is not to limit your imagination. It is to aim high, and start working towards that goal little by little. However, it also is unwise to set a goal that is truly unrealistic.
Those who just dream towards a goal without working hard end up disappointed and disillusioned.
On the other hand, if you told someone a hundred years ago that it was possible for man to be on the moon, they would laugh at you. If you had told them that you could send mail from here to the other side of the world in a few seconds, they would say you were out of your mind. But, through sheer desire and perseverance, these impossible dreams are now realities.
Thomas Edison once said that genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Nothing could be truer. For one to accomplish his or her dreams, there has to be had work and discipline. But take note that that 1% has to be a think-big dream, and not some easily accomplished one.
Ask any gym rat and he or she will tell you that there can be no gains unless you are put out of your comfort zone. Remember the saying, "No pain, no gain"? That is as true as it can be.
So dream on, friend! Don't get caught up with your perceived limitations. Think big and work hard to attain those dreams. As you step up the ladder of progress, you will just about find out that the impossible has just become a little bit more possible.
Subscribe to the thread and look out for my motivational posts over the next few days.