IM Niche vs. Other Niches?

50 replies
Hi fellow Warriors

I've seen a few posts lately pointing out that there are some differences worth thinking about, when you are marketing in the IM niche compared to marketing in other niches.

The difference is, that if you are in the IM niche, your potential customers are much more conscious about how everything works and the fact that they are being sold something. An example is that potential customers in the IM niche are much more likely to know, what an autoresponder is, how it works, that you can segment subscribers and personalize emails and stuff like that.

There is also a much bigger chance of potential IM niche customers knowing that anyone can buy a video testimonial on Fiverr than potential customers in other niches.

My question is, whether you believe that some marketing techniques or strategies simply don't work or are maybe less effective, when marketinng in the IM niche, simply because potential customers have a better understanding of these techniques and their purposes?

Thanks
#niche #niches
  • Profile picture of the author RustyF
    It shouldn't matter, people shouldn't be using scammy tricks at all. But in reality it does and some IM'ers still use the scammy tricks especially when marketing to newbies.

    For me any phony counters and other, push button riches, and the like, get an quick and instant shutdown. I don't believe testimonials at all, except from a few people. They are almost always friends, I'll give you a testimonial if you give me one.

    I really admire the IMers that don't use the hype, I'm sure they do well with it but I'll be broke before I lie or twist things. I don't want to answer to my buyers for lies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4190855].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JimmyWrex
      Marketing to IMers is much harder IMO because most IMers have been scammed once or twice before, plus there is so much noise in the internet marketing world.

      I have only recently started marketing in the IM niche because I like the challenge, but my main income is from various health niche sites and software reviews.

      You will struggle to make anything from IM niche without a list, but you can make $1000's in other niches with just high traffic and converting copy.

      Jimmy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4190878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TroelsJepsen
      Thanks for your answers, people

      @ RustyF: I wasn't so much thinking about scammy tricks or unethical ways of doing marketing. And I'm not planning on buying testimonials either . I was merely wondering if potential customers of mine might react differently to honest testimonials if they are in the IM niche.

      I can give another example. If you send a free report or video or some other good information to a list in the IM niche, there's probably going to be a bigger percentage of that list that knows some basics about listbuilding than if you are sending free information to a list in the weight loss niche.

      Now, I don't believe that building trust with your list is scammy or unethical in any way, but I do wonder if it's harder to do in the IM niche, simply because people know that if they're on somebody's list, that somebody will try and build trust with them.

      For this particular example, I don't think it's much of an issue, but I wonder if there might be other cases where potential customers consciousness of their role as a "marketee" might influence their reaction to certain strategies.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4190929].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author magnates
      Originally Posted by RustyF View Post

      It shouldn't matter, people shouldn't be using scammy tricks at all. But in reality it does and some IM'ers still use the scammy tricks especially when marketing to newbies.

      For me any phony counters and other, push button riches, and the like, get an quick and instant shutdown. I don't believe testimonials at all, except from a few people. They are almost always friends, I'll give you a testimonial if you give me one.

      I really admire the IMers that don't use the hype, I'm sure they do well with it but I'll be broke before I lie or twist things. I don't want to answer to my buyers for lies.
      This is honestly how i believe IM should be . Enough is enough . No more shaddy tactics . No more deception . Be real with people , people cantell when you lie to them ... and they would soon find out anyway ... The truth eventually comes out when it doesn't work
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4278134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hotboy18
    For one thing there is no such thing a making a lot of money overnight just by pushing buttons. You have learn the long term skills to make money online successfully. It takes time implementing the techniques such as article marketing and seo but it is well worth it in the end.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4190899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew S
    the answer is no

    people respond to the exact same triggers across the board no matter the niche
    Signature
    Marketer's Center is creating free tools for the SEO community!
    Sick Analytics: Find and fix your worst pages. Entity Explorer: Make your content better with related entities.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4191480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malcsimm
    I like the IM niche. The thing is, you will build a reputation if you are honest.

    As for IMers being savvy, in my experience the majority are not.

    The IM niche is huge - another reason to go for it: "a small piece of a large pie" etc.

    Malc
    Signature

    You WILL banish # Procrastination, # Email bloat, # Wasting time, # Wasting money
    Getting Things Done PLUS Evernote turned my life around - read here how I do it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4191765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TroelsJepsen
    Originally Posted by Ron Hitson View Post

    You're making the assumption that all that enter IM know about IM. That's not true at all. There is a reason why so many people promote IM products. It's very profitable. New people enter the IM market space daily. IM is very small compared to other markets but it's just as profitable as markets that are larger.

    I'd go as far as saying MOST people have no idea what a auto responder is and how one works. You're thinking like a marketer that knows what a AR is.

    To answer your question, absolutely, some marketing methods don't work. That goes for most products. You could not sell me a house via auto responder but you could sell me a book.

    Marketing is not one size fits all.
    Good point in that last paragraph

    I'd just like to clarify that I do not assume, that ALL that enter IM know about IM. I am however assuming, that a there is bigger percentage, that know about marketing in general general and also some of the specific tools such as autoresponders on an IM list than on a weight loss list. Maybe they didn't know when they subscribed, but I think it is fair to assume that they learned something about these things the longer they kept learning about internet marketing ( at least if they are on my list, cause I teach them )

    I guess I imagined that most people interested in IM had basic knowledge about some of the tools we use, but I guess they don't if they are complete newbies just starting to learn what this whole IM thing is about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4196658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OrangeBull
      Originally Posted by TroelsJepsen View Post

      Good point in that last paragraph

      I'd just like to clarify that I do not assume, that ALL that enter IM know about IM. I am however assuming, that a there is bigger percentage, that know about marketing in general general and also some of the specific tools such as autoresponders on an IM list than on a weight loss list. Maybe they didn't know when they subscribed, but I think it is fair to assume that they learned something about these things the longer they kept learning about internet marketing ( at least if they are on my list, cause I teach them )

      I guess I imagined that most people interested in IM had basic knowledge about some of the tools we use, but I guess they don't if they are complete newbies just starting to learn what this whole IM thing is about.
      Here is my thought on Internet Marketing, and the "making money" market in general.

      For every Ray Kroc, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Sergei Brin, Larry Page, or Mark Zuckerberg that enters the business world, there are 10,000 to 100,000 people who intend to enter the business world, and want the system that will make them wealthy overnight.

      Carlton Sheets, I suspect has made more money selling infomercial products than he made prior to selling infomercial products in real estate.

      Robert Kiyosaki, I suspect has made as large of a fortune as an author as that which he made in business prior to starting the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series.

      Anthony Morrison, I suspect is making more money with his infomercial "teaching people" how to make money online than he made online before shilling his book on TV.

      Why is this?

      Because that group of 10,000 or 100,000 who dream of becoming the next Sam Walton, or Bill Gates, or Paul Galvin -bonus points if you know who he is- or Tom Watson, or Masaru Ibuka, are for the most part more like the fictional character Ralph Cramden played by Jackie Gleason in the 1950's sitcom "The Honeymooners," than they are like those giants of industry.

      Most people who are getting involved at least initially in internet marketing are not going to stick with it and they are not going to educate themselves before they start buying "systems."

      The people who are here reading this forum and actually working at building a business are an exception. The people who are here briefly, the people who ask questions like "can you make money at this?" and then say, "I'm not gonna spend X amount on some WSO, so I can make $50 or $100" clearly have the Ralph Cramden mindset they want to get involved in internet marketing to make a quick buck.

      If you are here reading and building a business I can already tell you the kinds of WSO's you would buy the ones that will make your work easier and INCREASE YOUR CONVERSION RATES OR PROFITABILITY!!!

      It is easy for someone to sell Optimizepress for example to the IM community, because it makes the job of internet marketing easier, and likely increases conversion rates at a reasonable price.

      It is easy for someone to sell Easy Video Player or similar Video Marketing tools to the IM community, because it makes the job easier, AND INCREASES CONVERSION RATES!

      It is EASY TO SELL USEFUL TOOLS to the IM community. Most of us thank god that Wordpress is open source, because it is easy to use, and we wouldn't want to put in the learning curve necessary for Drupal or Joomla, although we would if necssary for THE RIGHT BUSINESS.

      There are two ways to make money in marketing to the IM community, 1) create OR MARKET a product useful to IMers who are building REAL BUSINESSES and taking real risks, and charge a price somewhere in the mid-hundreds for it, 2) create a product for that sells the dream to the Ralph Cramdens of the world. If you are going route two, provide practical useful, but mostly common sense information. A fair portion of the Ralph Cramdens will say you are a scammer, because they will never admit they don't want to put in the work and building a business is hard, but the 1 in 10,000 you teach to become the next real entrepreneur will appreciate the honest advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4196816].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TracyZ
        Well said Orange Bull!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4271196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sscot
    If you can get a 25% of success in IM niche, easily, you'll be able to achieve 75% of success in other niche. (This is how I think)
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4196931].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      I think in large part it depends on the experience level you target.

      If you market to experienced business people, those who have already 'seen behind the curtain', you can still use all the tools. You just can't think that you are fooling anybody.

      If you market to newbies, then it's like any other 'desperate buyer' niche.

      If you sell quality products that live up to, or exceed, the promises you make, it really doesn't matter if your market knows what tactic you're using or not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4197050].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TroelsJepsen
        Thanks for your answers.

        @OrangeBull: Nice distinction between the 2 types of customers in IM. I don't think it is as black and white as that though. I believe that a lot of newbies are willing to work, but quit due to other factors (such as selfdoubt) or sabotage themselves in some way, which I have also personally managed to do many times. In other words I believe that there many new IM'ers that are neither Cramdens or Trumps, but somewhere in between.

        @ JohnMccabe: You are probably right. The quality of the products I sell or promote are of course more important than the strategies used to do so. I rarely read all of the sales letter before buying if I'm buying from a seller I already know delivers quality. I simply get a good overview of the content and if I like it, I look for the price tag and make a decision based on price and content. I'd be surprised if I am the only one using that strategy
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4200388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Bainbridge
    I personally make all of my money out of the IM niche, I have no plans to enter it... so my opinion is biased the other way - that non IM niches are easier... for the reasons you suggest in your first post.

    You don't need every trick in the book to sell in health, weightloss, mind power etc niches as every trick in the book hasnt been done already... you don't need to hustle new angles... you can keep it simple with well written copy, nice graphics and an understanding of email marketing and relationship building....

    ... and your refund rate will be lower (especially if you use Clickbank), your products should / could be more evergreen, and you might even benefit from higher conversions... as there is a lot less competition in a lot of non IM niches, at least compared to being an IM marketer who is on the "launch circuit"... i.e. constantly launching (and then having die) new products in a rolling cycle.
    Signature

    Hypnosis Affiliate Program Pays 50% + $20 Join BONUS
    Real Subliminal Messages Pays 35% (world's largest subliminal site)
    SubliminalMP3s.com Pays 75%

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4200509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blillard
    Try to focus on a sub niche within the IM niche. Its easy to sell to the masses saying i can show you how to make a million in the next year. It's even easier to sell to smaller section of that niche because it more focused on a one problem. List building, traffic, product creation, all have to do with IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4201398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kierkegaard
    Unless you are dealing with something very technical you should always assume that your visitors already know quite a lot about the subject.

    So many people in the weight loss niche, for example, waste their (and their visitor's) time by telling them what they already know! Things like:
    • Diets are tough
    • You need to burn more calories than you consume
    • Why most diets fail
    • etc.
    On acne websites I find articles explaining what pimples are and why people don't like having them. Articles on hair-loss often come with a paragraph on what hair is and why people lose it. Teeth whitening sites waste time telling their readers that yellow teeth are undesirable. And so on.

    It is usually always better to assume that your visitors have already been searching around the internet and already seen countless run of the mill sites.

    ... oh yes and that they've seen TV and read magazines and have a pretty good basic understanding of their problem.

    In the Internet Marketing niche, however, there are plenty of people searching around who don't really know anything at all. They have the vaguest idea what PLR actually is, they've heard of SEO and know they should know more about it (it's got something to do with SERPS right?). What is a list? How do autoresponders work and do I really need one? And so on and so on.

    People tend to spend more per person on products. Someone desperate to get rid of premature ejaculation or own the plans to a kickass chicken coop may pay out $97 but plenty of people looking for IM products have a budget they want to invest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4201504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi Kierkegaard,

      Originally Posted by Kierkegaard View Post

      Unless you are dealing with something very technical you should always assume that your visitors already know quite a lot about the subject.

      [snip]

      Teeth whitening sites waste time telling their readers that yellow teeth are undesirable.

      [snip]

      On acne websites I find articles explaining what pimples are and why people don't like having them.
      (Emphasis by me)

      If you look closely at how they are telling their prospects this, you might discover that it's the most important part of the sales process. Of course the prospects know that they are undesirable, but they might be in denial.

      Once that prospect is visualising themselves losing opportunities from the opposite sex....
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4203800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    IMers have seen it all before. They know the tricks, i.e. OTOs, Opt-Ins, etc. Somebody looking for a weight loss product doesn't necessarily know those those techniques are more susceptible to their power.

    Save the magic tricks for non-magicians.
    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4201560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekmichael02
    If you can sell ice to eskimo IM'ers, you can sell anything!
    Signature

    [FREE VIDEO]: Secrets Behind A $16K Month

    [FROM Setmefreeinternetmarketing.com]: Money Making First ($1, $10, $100, $1,000, $10,000)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4201645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sscot
      Originally Posted by derekmichael02 View Post

      If you can sell ice to eskimo IM'ers, you can sell anything!
      Simple, prove that you're selling high quality ice.
      Signature



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    I think a difference between the IM niche and a lot of others is that in IM, the rules are CONSTANTLY changing.

    There are always new techniques being developed, new powerful Web 2.0 sites being put up, etc.

    IMers will buy products to help stay in front of the pack.

    In a lot of other niches though (say the weight loss niche), let's say you actually help them solve their problem and they lose tons of weight-

    Great!.... but now what? Maybe you can promote beauty products and whatnot, but you've solved their main problem so they may ditch ya.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4201733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aubaine
    I personally agree with you, there are more 'experts' on a IM list then there would be on say a diet list. I feel the potential IM buyer is most certainly more educated and can typically decide if the offer is crap or not.

    Also, sales in other niches can come vastly from pure impulse or desperation. Some people want to buy a diet product to lose 5 pounds before summer ends, or subscribe and pay for a dating site with high hopes of meeting that special someone.

    IM buyers are probably more skeptical than others also, on the defense so to speak, since we all know, if it sounds too good to be true, it typically is.
    Signature

    Anthony R. Smith
    Marketing | Socialaire Group
    www.socialairegroup.com

    An antonym for ambitious is 'easy'.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4202260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ankushkohli
    I'm into IM niche and I personally think that it's difficult to market IMers, however I believe the IM industry having more profit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4203046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jt808
    It doesn't really matter what you niche is, as long as you are passionate about providing great value and helping others by solving a problem they have.

    Take care of your clients and customers and they will take care of you, regardless of niche.

    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4203473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by TroelsJepsen View Post

    My question is, whether you believe that some marketing techniques or strategies simply don't work or are maybe less effective, when marketinng in the IM niche, simply because potential customers have a better understanding of these techniques and their purposes?
    I find rather the opposite: I can "break character" and speak directly about things like "this is the seventh email from this autoresponder, so of course I need to sell you something for a price that ends in a seven."

    This makes your audience feel very much like you actually know they're not idiots. And most audiences like that. Yes, it's a little harder to sell them things, because most of them are actively fighting shiny object syndrome and will try to resist any offer that comes through their email. But they're far more loyal.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4203889].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TroelsJepsen
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      I find rather the opposite: I can "break character" and speak directly about things like "this is the seventh email from this autoresponder, so of course I need to sell you something for a price that ends in a seven."

      This makes your audience feel very much like you actually know they're not idiots. And most audiences like that. Yes, it's a little harder to sell them things, because most of them are actively fighting shiny object syndrome and will try to resist any offer that comes through their email. But they're far more loyal.
      This is actually something I've thought about doing myself. Haven't tried it yet, but it just seems like both a trustworthy thing to do and a very ethical marketing strategy. I hate it when I see sales letters trying to convince me, that the product is being sold for the primary cause of doing me a favor.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4309405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author focused
    In the IM market, there is always a turnover taking place, with people leaving and newbies entering. So there will always be a group that are relatively uninformed about the IM industry. Also, there is no necessary reason why an IM'er need be a "desperate buyer", it doesn't follow at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4209468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Ning Lo
    I've worked in many niches and had the most success in niches that are not related to making or saving money...

    People in the make money world are always looking for cheap products/services...

    My refund rates in the IM niche is 5 times greater than in other niches.

    Cheers,

    ~Gary
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4210275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author itsmeantor
      Banned
      IM niche should be only for experienced marketers. How can you teach if you are not making enough money. Scaming? or false evidence?

      I believe in doing what I know best and you can always make money this way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4210382].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Viramara
        Originally Posted by itsmeantor View Post

        IM niche should be only for experienced marketers. How can you teach if you are not making enough money. Scamming? or false evidence?

        I believe in doing what I know best and you can always make money this way.
        I'm disagree, you can buy a high quality PLR content or hire a ghostwriter to make yourself look pro in any niche you want. I'm a marketer mailing lists veteran and most of those respected marketers sent me junkie emails. It's your intention to give your subscribers crap or good content. (good content doesn't always have to be freebies).
        Signature
        Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4210607].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    Thats something that I have thought about as well. Since joining the Warrior Forum, I have bought a few WSO's and that is it. I don't buy any IM products for full price. I am wary of joining lists since I know I will just be sold to.

    Of course if you are offering a quality product it still shouldn't matter. People will want to buy it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4210403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author focused
    Yes, the high return rate for IM products can be a detriment.
    IM'ers are so often looking for the next new shiny object.
    But when they find it, they quickly lose interest and want something else.
    So they tend to request refunds more than other niches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4271173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author siteline
    I spend most of my time in the IM niche and I agree a good product will rise above the rest!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4271255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author handy
    The IM niche is definitely more skeptical about the whole sales process, and of high priced products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4272081].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author focused
      Originally Posted by handy View Post

      The IM niche is definitely more skeptical about the whole sales process, and of high priced products.
      That's true. And they have good reasons to feel that way.
      If they are on some IM mailing lists, their mail box will be flooded with
      many dubious offers - free and otherwise.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4276086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    I truly believe that some tactics that work in most markets won't actually work in IM BUT

    these tactics always work.

    1. Results in Advance: show them it works
    2. Giving away free great content a lot and to ask for a little in return.
    3. Social Proof, creating buzz is always a great strategy
    4. SCARCITY AND URGENCY
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4276878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murlu
    I actually have a large distaste for the IM niche because its extremely saturated and few people want to pay for products outside of the "big boys".

    What I like to focus on are smaller, hobby related niches. There are always beginners in hobbies which puts you a a powerful position to capture these newcomers. You can offer them very valuable information on starting, step them through the intermediate areas and lead them into the professional levels (often with an affiliate product).

    Likewise, hobby related niches let you monetize your website through other methods like selling physical products. Nearly every hobby needs to have a physical product. Think about that for a second.
    Signature

    PLRArticlesNow.com - Niche-Ready PLR Articles Packs at just $12.95 each!

    Murlu.com - Where I write about starting an online business and taking your blog to the next level.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4277167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Murlu View Post

      What I like to focus on are smaller, hobby related niches. There are always beginners in hobbies which puts you a a powerful position to capture these newcomers. You can offer them very valuable information on starting, step them through the intermediate areas and lead them into the professional levels (often with an affiliate product).
      Murlu, consider this...

      For a fairly significant portion of the people in it, whether they admit it or not, IM/MMO is a hobby niche...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4279887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incliner
    I wasted $5 having a video review done by a guy on fiverr. I asked for a review of my website...an honest review. He fired back a testimonial about how he had bought my product and how much he loved it. I asked him to re-do it and he never got back to me. No big deal on the money but it says a lot about his mindset. I could manufacture all kinds of phoney testimonials but I don't do business that way. Life is too short to be out scamming people with phoney baloney testimonials, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4277191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CopyAcolyte
    IMers selling to IMers reeks of incest..

    Not that it doesn't make money, though..
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4280810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saito
    You could make a very specific product within the very wide IM niche...it beats trying to be super-guru who is an expert at anything.

    Or create and license products for the bigger marketers.

    Just try something different than the big guys and the sheep who follow them.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4309276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    IMers are more knowledgeable about marketing, but that doesn't make them infallible. Most marketing techniques will still work on them if they're in a buying mood.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4309497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sumith
    Hi,

    I believe IM niche can make or break someone's business as it has huge potential and everytime there are people who enter online marketing having no idea how to earn money. However I too dislike the amount of different schemes and offers which confuse people so much! Still any Internet Marketer can make a fortune in IM. Thats the fact.
    Signature

    Sumith jain


    One on One Business Coaching
    www.sumithjain.com
    It’s better to take a chance and lose than to lose out for never having taken the chance!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4309517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drumguru69
    I find myself still buying affiliate products and WSO's and such when i find one with a great sales pitch or video..etc...

    Even though I know exactly what they are doing,....Its almost like I am rewarding them for a great sales pitch!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4454652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebusinesstutor
    The trick with any niche is to be unique within it. So if you are in the IM niche, how are you going to be DIFFERENT than all the other Internet marketers?

    This means using different ways of marketing than the rest of the herd.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4454660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alminc
      Marketing to other marketers and marketing to newbies are two
      different animals. There are enough newbies in IM niche so if you
      can position yourself as someone who really knows a thing or two,
      it shouldn't be hard to sell that knowledge to newbies.
      Signature
      No links :)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455363].message }}

Trending Topics