How to upgrade Fiverr?

26 replies
If it would be possible to accept direct payments to your own Paypal account on Fiverr, would you use this feature? I mean something like WSO section, where you manage all the sales by yourself.

Here are my few pros:

* You will evade that annoying 14 days waiting period for funds to clear, bcos payments would roll directly to your own Paypal account.
* Also you would have to pay no fees or commisions to Fiverr, that means more profit. When customer pays $5 - you get $5.
* Moreover you will avoid loosing your hard earned money in case of Fiverr account is blocked..


What are your pros and cons abour accepting direct payments?
#clone #fiverr #site #upgrade
  • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
    Feel free to share your theoretically thoughts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4214483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    We are going to make our front page look different and more engaging....something like Pepsi
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4214652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
      Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

      We are going to make our front page look different and more engaging....something like Pepsi
      Yes, this is a must to do thing for your site
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4218180].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
      Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

      We are going to make our front page look different and more engaging....something like Pepsi
      Yes, this is a must to do thing for your site
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4218189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cheapmkttechniques
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4219024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author x3xsolxdierx3x
      Originally Posted by cheapmkttechniques View Post

      make it free of charge!! client pay $5, worker get $5 (minus paypal fee between both parties) You as a webmaster will see the traffic flowing and traffic will bring money in a way or an other.. Once you have traffic you can make people pay to bump their offer to the first page ect...
      MAKE IT FREE!
      Great idea, in theory, but I'm not sure it would work.

      This is essentially a WSO-like system.

      I think Fiverr would much rather get the $1 NOW, than 'hope' that they 'may' get some money from people 'bumping' their offers. Most....I'd bet over 75%...of offers fail and many just move on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4219039].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheKeys
      Originally Posted by cheapmkttechniques View Post

      make it free of charge!! client pay $5, worker get $5 (minus paypal fee between both parties) You as a webmaster will see the traffic flowing and traffic will bring money in a way or an other.. Once you have traffic you can make people pay to bump their offer to the first page ect...
      MAKE IT FREE!
      In a world where they want to make money this isn't the best option.
      Signature

      Help fund a trip to California
      Please donate to help fund my trip to California.
      Please share or tweet this
      http://goo.gl/VidCzJ

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4233031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
      Originally Posted by cheapmkttechniques View Post

      make it free of charge!! client pay $5, worker get $5 (minus paypal fee between both parties) You as a webmaster will see the traffic flowing and traffic will bring money in a way or an other.. Once you have traffic you can make people pay to bump their offer to the first page ect...
      MAKE IT FREE!

      I am already making it free of charge in my website but it is not really helping. PayPal is charging twice which a minimum of 10% people still thinking you are making profit out of their sales

      I am trying to figure out a way to reduce PayPal fees but I think unless I make 3000 sale a month that is not going to happen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4245879].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
        Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

        I am already making it free of charge in my website but it is not really helping. PayPal is charging twice which a minimum of 10% people still thinking you are making profit out of their sales

        I am trying to figure out a way to reduce PayPal fees but I think unless I make 3000 sale a month that is not going to happen
        Mate are you telling that you cover paypal fees from your pocket?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4246137].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
          No, I am making it free. the 10% that i charge goes to PayPal, however, if people paid to me using AlertPay, the answer will be Yes I am paying from my pocket because they charging .10 cent more than paypal.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4246172].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
            Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

            No, I am making it free. the 10% that i charge goes to PayPal, however, if people paid to me using AlertPay, the answer will be Yes I am paying from my pocket because they charging .10 cent more than paypal.
            Do you plan to offer payment options other than paypal and alertpay? If yes, what they?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4280982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
    What do you think if more payment options would be integrated, will that be useful? If yes, what those payment options might be?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4233005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPCprof
    erm i think its not a good ideal to just clone a website or business idea.

    you just wont make lots of money like that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4235926].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon Phillips
      My honest opinion is that fiverr has just about got it spot-on!

      It is clean and simple. Easy to browse or search. Easy to message and pay.

      I really can't think of any possible useful feature that could be added. Anything else would just be fluff!

      I think the simple nature allows you to concentrate on the important thing - The service being offered on the gig you are interested in or providing.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author colub
    I am not happy with fiverr and clones emailing system as it gets quite confusing when you have ordered several gigs and messages are coming back to you from the website operators and the gig provider all with the same subject. There should be a fixed reference and a veriable subject.

    A fiverr clone should have
    1. FAQs including a tips section
    2. A forum where people can discuss various gigs. For instance i have bought several traffic gigs and most of the time people post good comments but are reluctant to post negative comments so i have been burnt. So by having a forum I could ask "I'm thinking of buying the 2000 visitors gig by James, any comment ?" and others may reply "Freds gig is better" or "they are are not real visitors" etc.
    3. The site could also have dedicated blog pages for Gig providers and buyers. For example an SEO gig provider could write an expert blog about all the various methods of SEO and have direct links to their gigs throughout that blog. This helps both the seller and the buyer.

    Bottom line is I think there needs to be more depth to the gig

    Cheers
    Signature

    Buy or Post Jobs and Gigs at www.gigtask.com
    Submit your website free to www.websitelistings.info
    Portable PCs at www.cheaptabletcomputer.net

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4238160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
      Originally Posted by colub View Post

      I am not happy with fiverr and clones emailing system as it gets quite confusing when you have ordered several gigs and messages are coming back to you from the website operators and the gig provider all with the same subject. There should be a fixed reference and a veriable subject.

      A fiverr clone should have
      1. FAQs including a tips section
      2. A forum where people can discuss various gigs. For instance i have bought several traffic gigs and most of the time people post good comments but are reluctant to post negative comments so i have been burnt. So by having a forum I could ask "I'm thinking of buying the 2000 visitors gig by James, any comment ?" and others may reply "Freds gig is better" or "they are are not real visitors" etc.
      3. The site could also have dedicated blog pages for Gig providers and buyers. For example an SEO gig provider could write an expert blog about all the various methods of SEO and have direct links to their gigs throughout that blog. This helps both the seller and the buyer.

      Bottom line is I think there needs to be more depth to the gig

      Cheers
      Interesting ideas, still didn't think a forum would be a good option, maybe better is to upgrade whole comment system. Like not only giving good or bad rating, but make it range lets say from 1 to 10.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4245817].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
        The forum idea will kill a new website like fiverr as you not many people will be interested in such a discussion. The only fiverr alternative who went to forum was fourerr and he just did recently (he is well known now and that shouldn't be an issue).

        I noticed many website are now providing online support. I don't think it is that much of a good idea, but it could be an option. I used to provide online support in another website but no one ever talked to me lol.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4245962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lustique
    The fiverr charges are at the moment are ridiculous. 20% cut from every gig.. That's a lot.
    Signature
    Sammylicious.net - Food, Fashion & Travel

    Need voiceovers, product reviews, video testimonials, blog articles, blog commenting? I can do all of that for you :) http://fiverr.com/lustique or email me at lustique @ gmail.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4294121].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
      Originally Posted by lustique View Post

      The fiverr charges are at the moment are ridiculous. 20% cut from every gig.. That's a lot.
      Well they need to cover their expenses (programming,hosting,staff,etc), how it can be lowered in your opinion?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4306453].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mar
      Originally Posted by lustique View Post

      The fiverr charges are at the moment are ridiculous. 20% cut from every gig.. That's a lot.
      Fiverr must have a lot of expenses - from paypal fees to staff and hosting costs. Just imagine the bandwidth charges :O ...... the bottom line after all these expenses might well be a lot less than you would imagine.

      Mar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4306528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pearlydean
    If you can drive traffic to it you will do much better. I have gigs on Fiverr and also many of the clones but only get the odd gig here and there from the others whereas I had 12 orders yesterday for one fiverr gig as they get the bulk of the traffic.

    Cheers
    Keith
    Signature
    SEO and Reputation Services

    Need SEO Advice? Happy to help just get in touch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4306596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Goliath
    "Too many clones... im confused Well, i guess i'll just stick to Fiverr since its the most popular one i know. And popular means more traffic and choices of gigs. But then again, i always have a problem with their ____________. I wish there was another Fiverr website that would provide ____________."

    Fill in the blanks and you got yourself a golden nugget!
    Signature
    "Perfectionism is just fear of failure in disguise..."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4306981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Loan2day
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4313408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mar
      It would be great if, when setting up your fiverr gigs, you could add upsells - for instance, $5 for small task, $50 for a small project, $100 for .... well, you get the general idea. That way, fiverr would still be in the loop for upsells. I know that is happening for "top sellers" at the moment, but it would be more attractive if the option was open to all after accomplishing a certain level of sales.

      M
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4313517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Colson
    Better searching capabilities. Like identifying $/word for writing posts. Have a different section for Editors than the Writing section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4313821].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Voland
      My 2c here:

      -Make a flavor of Fiverr for some niche services
      -Have a slider for a price - $5, $10, $20 etc
      -Have license options for content: public, exclusive etc
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4314266].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
        Originally Posted by Voland View Post

        My 2c here:

        -Make a flavor of Fiverr for some niche services
        -Have a slider for a price - $5, $10, $20 etc
        -Have license options for content: public, exclusive etc

        Hey, thank you for ideas, please clarify what you mean by this state: "Have license options for content: public, exclusive etc"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4325612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
    I see very little ideas. Please share your thoughts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5628614].message }}

Trending Topics