Yes, this is Allen's forum but we are all Moderators so
this involves you too.
I'm just one of many people who give a damn about the
Warrior Forum. I've been around here longer than the
vast majority and I've seen this forum go through many
ups and downs.
I believe we are currently witnessing a decline into
what could become one of the worst downs many of us
have ever seen.
The main forum is becoming a free for all with people
- Questionable requests for financial help
- Topics that belong on personal blogs
- Threads designed to promote upcoming WSO offers
- Subjects that are completely off topic
- Blatant advertising and self promotion
- Meaningless crap designed to raise post count
- Content that is copied and pasted from elsewhere
- Threads that belong in the specialist forums
- The list could go on..
The WSO Forum is turning into a three ring circus with
all manner of hieroglyphics in titles, a number of
illegal offers being posted and, sad to say, it's also
becoming far too attractive to thieves and scammers.
While giving responsibility for Moderation to the
members is in theory a positive step. In practice I
don't think that they way it's currently panning out is
in the best interests of the community as a whole.
In short, I think we need to bring back some control
and leadership in this community. Democracy without
leadership isn't working.