Four months ago my wife had a very bad auto accident. She fractured her front and back left pelvic bone and completely crushed her right ankle bone. The pelvic bone was fixed and has already healed however the surgery there has left her with partial numbness in her left leg and her foot is limp. This means she has no movement of her left foot but can stand on it. Her right ankle is still being worked on. The first surgery put in about 5 screws to hold together her ankle bone since it had fractured into 5 pieces. She also had a bar placed on her lower left leg bone to fix a fracture there. The leg bone has healed but the ankle bone died out and will have to be taken out. However, last week we had to come in for emergency surgery because her ankle had gotten infected and they had to remove the hardware. Now we will have to do 6 weeks of antibiotics before they can do a fusion to fuse her ankle to her leg bones.
Because of all of this I am taking care of my wife 24/7 and have had to pretty much give up any chance of getting online. Because of the complications it is now looking like it will be at least 6 more months before I can even think about getting back online for more than a few seconds a day. I have had to make the decision to let my IM stuff go and concentrate on my family.
I am saying goodbye to one part of my life to put everything I have into another part but before I go let me share with you some of the things I have learned from my time here.
1) Everyone knows something someone else is willing to pay money to learn.
2) Make friends whenever you can. Just talking to someone on the forum or in chats doesn't really count. Become real friends with people. Become involved in their life and let them become involved in yours. Become real friends with people. This one thing can make a world of difference in every aspect of your life, not just the business aspects.
3) All the knowledge in the world does you no good if you don't use it. Stop reading and start doing. It doesn't matter that you don't know everything because no one else does either. Start now and do something. The keep doing things and learning as you go. You can't make money just by reading an ebook or forum post, that requires action on your part.
4) Automation is your friend. I see posts day after day by people asking questions about things that they are doing manually that should be fully automated. Payment processing, product delivery, list management, etc. can all be automated to the point that you can have a money making and list building site that requires virtually no work from you once it is set up.
5) Take the time to learn how to use the tools you buy. A lot of people will buy an automation tool but never learn how to use it. At the very least you can learn how to save time using these tools, but you could potentially turn those tools into money making services that you can do for others who don't have access to the tools you use.
These are just a few of the many things I have learned in my time here. I want to thank everyone I have met over the years. Many of you have touched not just my life but the lives of every member of my family and I will forever be grateful for having been a part of the Warrior family.
Thank you and goodbye.