1. Newbie 2. Help ! 3. Guru -Forgotten IMers

by cbean 9 replies
I was thinking recently after going through an ebook, that the person
doing internet marketing who is not a Newbie or a Guru seem to have
been forgotten.

You purchase an ebook which is supposed to expand your knowledge in
the IM world and you realize that the information is geared towards Newbies
or Gurus....nothing for the guy in the middle. Of course you are not told this.

You get so weary going through "How To Set Up A Blog" or "Squidoo Lense"
that if there is something to be had you miss it because you have become
disinterested and closed the ebook or video.

Thing is you always feel that you have or will miss something if you don't do the
whole read or view thing. Therein lies the whole dilemma.

To read or not to read.....to view or not to view...

You are always left hanging with mouth ajar saying " Wait this is all" while you eye the
page numbers......1/20 then 18/20 and still nothing....

Where are the Ebooks, WSOs etc., for the middle of the road guy who don't have the
time to wade through pages and pages of the basic stuff to learn IM. Most of the basic
stuff can be learned by using the resources on these sites anyway. Point the newbie to the site and move on with the ebook, report etc.

A misconception some IMers have is that a Newbie is new to the Internet but most people
are familiar with the workings of Web 2.0 sites or the learning curve isn't difficult. I teach Information Technology to Seniors and Beginners and you would be surprised at the number
of people who can't type a letter or shop online etc but are very efficient with using Hi5, MySpace and Yahoo & MSN Messengers.

Or is the only choice a $27 Newbie product or a $5,000 Coaching/Mentoring program?

Come on there are a lot of people like me out there....waiting to purchase. To learn the real "secrets" in making money in IM.

Cheers
#main internet marketing discussion forum #forgotten #guru #imers #newbie
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Garrett
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jhongren
      Normally before I buy a product, I will see if there is any support email service for 1 month at least.

      I would love to ask questions and get them clarified.

      Many times, I bought a product and after reading, I emailed the author to ask some questions. The authors never replied. :_(

      So far, only Reed Floren replied all my questions even though he is the guru and I am the newbie.

      My 2 cents,
      John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34426].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbean
      Thanks Steve:-

      However if you were on a few IMer's list as I am the product got lost in the bonuses
      and you began feeling that it was a way for them to rejuvinate their products and
      not promote those products...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34428].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve Garrett
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34458].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cbean
          Originally Posted by Steve Garrett View Post

          Then why are you on so many lists?
          Because I buy products!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34461].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Steve Garrett
            Banned
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34481].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author cbean
              Steve Garrett:

              Its the IM trap I guess....you see a product you like and you buy it....the IMer recommends another product which you trust his judgement on or you get it as
              a bonus....

              You know the drill, to use the other IMer reaps your email address or despite what they say shares your email address.....

              To be honest I have no problems being on a list because sometimes you do get a diamond in the rough....
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34506].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
                Originally Posted by cbean View Post

                Steve Garrett:

                You know the drill, to use the other IMer reaps your email address or despite what they say shares your email address.....

                Well to be perfectly honest they DO NOT share their lists, they promote each other...




                Here's a question... The basic stuff, are you doing it or are you waving your hand at it because it is so "basic"..?

                If you are already doing those things then you should be making money online, correct. What you need now is a system for your business and for that I went and got Mike Filsaimes 7 Figure Code.

                The middle of the road has not been forgotten...

                If anything the middle of the road is drowning in products that can help your business. Frank Kern's Mass Control is definitely for intermediate to advanced internet marketers and I highly recommend it.

                It's not your business that's the middle of the road, it's your thinking and I say that because if you were able to get to the middle of the road sort of speak, then you would realize you can no longer trade time for money. It's time to outsource, get a system in place to take it to the next level, cause all you need to do is more of what you've already done, just more efficiently.

                Mike Hill
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon_Sezs
      Originally Posted by Steve Garrett View Post

      Reese's Traffic Secrets
      Kern's "thing"

      that's two very high profile products in just the last two months that specifically target the middle range of the market.
      No offense but traffic secrets is hardly for mid-tier marketers. I skimmed through the manual and found it to be very basic, IMO, unless what your definition of mid-tier is different to mine.

      The reason why there are so many newbie books is b/c not only are they so incredibly easy to write, but the turnover in the internet marketing world is very large, making it ripe for anyone who wants to make money off of newbs.

      The "more advanced" or guru level products rarely leave much satisfaction either and the difference is really in the price you pay.

      The intermediate books you want are out there but are segmented into sub niches.

      • Newbie books promise the world on a platter and are fairly general, normally giving the reader a very general sense of what internet marketing is....
      • Intermediate marketing books deal with sub-niches like copywriting, programming, design, advanced SEO, ect.
      • The more expensive products out there, or the "guru-level" books generally say the same things as the intermediate books.
      I think that the middle of the road marketer makes for a hard sell....you are jaded enough NOT to believe everything that you read and knowledgeable enough to be unsatisfied with the results that come from most products.
      Signature
      "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Ben Franklin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    Originally Posted by cbean View Post

    I was thinking recently after going through an ebook, that the person
    doing internet marketing who is not a Newbie or a Guru seem to have
    been forgotten.

    You purchase an ebook which is supposed to expand your knowledge in
    the IM world and you realize that the information is geared towards Newbies
    or Gurus....nothing for the guy in the middle. Of course you are not told this.

    You get so weary going through "How To Set Up A Blog" or "Squidoo Lense"
    that if there is something to be had you miss it because you have become
    disinterested and closed the ebook or video.

    Thing is you always feel that you have or will miss something if you don't do the
    whole read or view thing. Therein lies the whole dilemma.

    To read or not to read.....to view or not to view...

    You are always left hanging with mouth ajar saying " Wait this is all" while you eye the
    page numbers......1/20 then 18/20 and still nothing....

    Where are the Ebooks, WSOs etc., for the middle of the road guy who don't have the
    time to wade through pages and pages of the basic stuff to learn IM. Most of the basic
    stuff can be learned by using the resources on these sites anyway. Point the newbie to the site and move on with the ebook, report etc.

    A misconception some IMers have is that a Newbie is new to the Internet but most people
    are familiar with the workings of Web 2.0 sites or the learning curve isn't difficult. I teach Information Technology to Seniors and Beginners and you would be surprised at the number
    of people who can't type a letter or shop online etc but are very efficient with using Hi5, MySpace and Yahoo & MSN Messengers.

    Or is the only choice a $27 Newbie product or a $5,000 Coaching/Mentoring program?

    Come on there are a lot of people like me out there....waiting to purchase. To learn the real "secrets" in making money in IM.

    Cheers
    I think you raise some interesting points, but I think there is an answer. And that is affordable mentoring/coaching.

    The problem is determining where the 'basics' become 'intermediate', that definition will vary for everyone. But if you can find someone that can take the time to find out where you are right now and help to propel you forward, then you will be able to get to the 'guru' level.

    I have personally bought several good WSOs that were right at my level, or just slightly above. The reason is that I am more likely to consider those WSOs from Warriors who I think are offering something I need. Sometimes it is too basic, but if it is too far advanced I know I will get there eventually and can refer to it at that time.

    Creating products that appeal to different skill levels makes a lot of sense, but can be hard to gauge as everyone's situation is a bit different.

    ~Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbean
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post


      Creating products that appeal to different skill levels makes a lot of sense, but can be hard to gauge as everyone's situation is a bit different.

      ~Michael
      I agree but maybe it's because it's easier to sell to a "Newbie"
      I just don't see a lot of product catering to the middle of the road IMer and I do my fair
      share of checking....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34466].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kyle Tully
        Originally Posted by cbean View Post

        I just don't see a lot of product catering to the middle of the road IMer and I do my fair
        share of checking....
        What do you consider "middle of the road"?

        What specifically are you looking for?

        This is a forum of people who make Internet marketing products, ask and ye shall receive
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[34501].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics