10 Buzz Words That Make People Buy

58 replies
Hello Warriors,

Below is a list of buzz words that make people buy, consider utilizing one or a combination of them in your sales copy or WSO.
  1. Free
  2. Limited Time
  3. Invitation Only
  4. New and Improved
  5. Money Back Guarantee
  6. Doctor Recommended
  7. 4 out of 5
  8. Official
  9. Proven
  10. The use of technical jargon (i.e 1080p Full HD)
  11. Join Us On Facebook (not a buzz word but may increase sales if you have a presence)
I hope this was helpful.

source
#buy #buzz #make #people #words
  • Profile picture of the author Vlad Bacioiu
    A Thanks from me. good list. We can add phrases about discounts :
    Amazing DISCOUNTS,
    50% Discount !

    or about reviews :
    Rave Reviews,
    100% Positive Reviews and so on

    other extremely important phrases:

    Satisfaction Guaranteed, CHEAP , BRAND NEW , PROOF INSIDE, Newbie Friendly, High Quality, Top Notch Offer

    With a bit of imagination and some words that sound good we can make a very attractive offer.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4293859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by Vlad Bacioiu View Post

      A Thanks from me. good list. We can add phrases about discounts :
      Amazing DISCOUNTS,
      50% Discount !

      or about reviews :
      Rave Reviews,
      100% Positive Reviews and so on

      other extremely important phrases:

      Satisfaction Guaranteed, CHEAP , BRAND NEW , PROOF INSIDE, Newbie Friendly, High Quality, Top Notch Offer

      With a bit of imagination and some words that sound good we can make a very attractive offer.
      Thanks for the additions...
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    Nice list. I can use this in my next promotion. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4293867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jim X
    Join me on Facebook as I give away the Official, New and Improved internet marketing course. 4 out of 5 Doctors Recommend it! It's by Invitation Only and available for a Limited Time. There is a Money Back Guarantee although you get it for Free. There is no SEO, PPC, CPA or any other (insert technical jargon here) involved!

    Thought I would bring some levity to the sometimes monotonous effort of building a business. I know I had fun.

    All joking aside, this is a really good list. I've seen these words and terms around and wondered why people use them. I guess because THEY WORK!

    Thanks for the list. I'll have to remember these when I write headlines and such.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4294753].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Truxx
      Awesome, thanks. this plus a thesaurus makes a bunch of good words.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4294772].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by Jim X View Post

      Join me on Facebook as I give away the Official, New and Improved internet marketing course. 4 out of 5 Doctors Recommend it! It's by Invitation Only and available for a Limited Time. There is a Money Back Guarantee although you get it for Free. There is no SEO, PPC, CPA or any other (insert technical jargon here) involved!

      Thought I would bring some levity to the sometimes monotonous effort of building a business. I know I had fun.

      All joking aside, this is a really good list. I've seen these words and terms around and wondered why people use them. I guess because THEY WORK!

      Thanks for the list. I'll have to remember these when I write headlines and such.

      James
      That is pretty funny and a good use of the words. Yeah marketers know what they're doing and tha'ts why you see alot of them in use, because they've done market research and seen that they work best.
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Theriot
    Words without context is like having bullets without a gun. Yes, the bullets CAN be deadly, but not without the setup needed to fire them properly. Of course, I'm a copywriter, so I'm biased. What's more valuable than the fact that these "magic words" make people buy is WHY and HOW they get them to behave differently than they intended to.
    Signature

    Fair warning: It's possible I'm arguing with you because I have nothing better to do.
    Join my free copywriting group on Facebook: http://CultOfCopy.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4295010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fazal Mayar
    yes, there are some magic words and anything FREE (capitals) will make people attract.
    Signature

    Blogger at RicherOrNot.com (Make Money online blog but also promoting ethical internet marketing)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4295351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mst007
    Great list, thanks. My favourite is "Make a 6 figure income on autopilot with no work for $47, no really, honestly" but I havent seen it yet on a WSO yet. Hmmm....I have a cunning plan now..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4295360].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LloydC
      Good post, my copy sucks so this may come in handy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4295380].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by mst007 View Post

      Great list, thanks. My favourite is "Make a 6 figure income on autopilot with no work for $47, no really, honestly" but I havent seen it yet on a WSO yet. Hmmm....I have a cunning plan now..
      I'm going to assume your joking?

      "Make 6 figures, on autopilot, with no work for $47....no really, honestly...."

      ...and you haven't seen anything like that in the WSO section?

      Ok, I'm going to assume this was a very dry sense of humour joke, that went right over my head.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4308787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brenda ashford
    Wow these are attractive titles that can make some one want to read an article.Thanks i,ll try them out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4295561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    I have a bible, its called "words that sell" i use it for all our ads, and its the holy grail and I mean that.

    Make sure you get a copy its - "words that sell by. Richard Bayan" a damn master piece. :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Everything in its proper context. Consider your premise with the word "lice"

    1. Free LICE Act Now!
    2. Limited Time availability on LICE! Don't miss out.
    3. Invitation Only to the cootie (LICE) club, you're table is waiting...
    4. New and Improved LICE attracting crème. You'll be loaded with the critters in no time.
    5. Money Back Guarantee or twice your LICE back.
    6. Doctor Recommended LICE lotion. Smooth and creamy. Yum.
    7. 4 out of 5 people prefer US raised LICE for their kids, don't you?
    8. Official LICE headquarters. Accept no substitutes.
    9. Join us on Facebook where the LICE are nice.
    10. The use of technical jargon (x-5-996.2 LICE Tabasco. Just like the Marines have in their field kits)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Everything in its proper context. Consider your premise with the word "lice"

      1. Free LICE Act Now!
      2. Limited Time availability on LICE! Don't miss out.
      3. Invitation Only to the cootie (LICE) club, you're table is waiting...
      4. New and Improved LICE attracting crème. You'll be loaded with the critters in no time.
      5. Money Back Guarantee or twice your LICE back.
      6. Doctor Recommended LICE lotion. Smooth and creamy. Yum.
      7. 4 out of 5 people prefer US raised LICE for their kids, don't you?
      8. Official LICE headquarters. Accept no substitutes.
      9. Join us on Facebook where the LICE are nice.
      10. The use of technical jargon (x-5-996.2 LICE Tabasco. Just like the Marines have in their field kits)

      That is pretty funny...
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297651].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trivum
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Everything in its proper context. Consider your premise with the word "lice"

      1. Free LICE Act Now!
      2. Limited Time availability on LICE! Don't miss out.
      3. Invitation Only to the cootie (LICE) club, you're table is waiting...
      4. New and Improved LICE attracting crème. You'll be loaded with the critters in no time.
      5. Money Back Guarantee or twice your LICE back.
      6. Doctor Recommended LICE lotion. Smooth and creamy. Yum.
      7. 4 out of 5 people prefer US raised LICE for their kids, don't you?
      8. Official LICE headquarters. Accept no substitutes.
      9. Join us on Facebook where the LICE are nice.
      10. The use of technical jargon (x-5-996.2 LICE Tabasco. Just like the Marines have in their field kits)
      Believe it or not, now I want lice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vaibhavm1
    awesome
    i like limited time only kida makes you need to click
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrick
    Man...Arghhh...What have I come across today lol....10 Buzz words that make people buy ?

    So you guys will not explain your product and use these bogus wild card words to sell your service or product ?

    Arghhh at the replies that follow too...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Jordan
    Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bradstern
    Thank you for putting them all in one list. It could lessen the time for brainstorming. I'll probably be using this anytime soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dilnaj
    Nice list, don't forget 'Urgent' as well.. It's great for getting people to take specific action. Add a short time frame along with it and you're golden.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4296829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad789
    pmbrent

    Brad here - good suggestions. Have you had any luck with related key words to beef up your site?

    Especially the technical jargon seems to have some real potential. I have been working in one area and the consensus is not to get too detailed. That way you can pick up several models, varieties, etc of an item.

    What do you think?

    Best of luck - keep plugging !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by Brad789 View Post

      pmbrent

      Brad here - good suggestions. Have you had any luck with related key words to beef up your site?

      Especially the technical jargon seems to have some real potential. I have been working in one area and the consensus is not to get too detailed. That way you can pick up several models, varieties, etc of an item.

      What do you think?

      Best of luck - keep plugging !
      I use "FREE" and "Limited Time" alot, they have pretty good conversions depending on how they're used.
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salmanbaig
    Thanks for the list ...will be using it for improved promotion
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Originally Posted by pmbrent View Post

    1. Free
    2. Limited Time
    3. Invitation Only
    4. New and Improved
    5. Money Back Guarantee
    6. Doctor Recommended
    7. 4 out of 5
    8. Official
    9. Join us on Facebook
    10. The use of technical jargon (i.e 1080p Full HD)
    For a limited time you can get a free, by invitation only new and improved money back guaranteee that 4 out 5 doctors officially recommend when you join us on Facebook for some U812 Technobabble.

    Works for me. Where do I buy?

    Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

    Except it was ripped from a Yahoo news story appearing earlier today, referencing this article:

    The Buzzwords That Make You Buy | Smart Spending | Mainstreet

    - and no attribution was given.

    .
    I think a lot of people would be surprised how often that happens around here. Looks like the OP has added the source now though -- probably just an oversight. :rolleyes:
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonbuzz
    Banned
    hmm..interesting list
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Targeted Traffic
    Cool list you got in here, thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTenop
    Nice list. Thanks
    "Technical jargon"n works for me very well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marknel
    Great list !!
    Using these words with a mix of personalization and value addition will surely bring conversion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eduard Stinga
    Oh, I so hate sales copy, seems to me like you're trying to manipulate your buyer, especially when using specific words like in the list when your actually selling the same thing (with, or without the words). But oh well, I know they work.. so thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by EduardS View Post

      Oh, I so hate sales copy, seems to me like you're trying to manipulate your buyer, especially when using specific words like in the list when your actually selling the same thing (with, or without the words). But oh well, I know they work.. so thanks
      I don't think it's a matter of manipulation but incorporating words that spark peoples attention or increases conversions. If it's been proven to work mind as well use it...
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4308684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robertahill
    Good list and a fun discussion. Appreciate it.
    Signature
    Tool Kit Digital Monthly Magazine (Free)
    https://ToolKitCoach.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4298706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    I love
    THIS WEEK ONLY!!!

    but my favorite is
    CALL NOW!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4299601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by seobro View Post

      I love
      THIS WEEK ONLY!!!

      but my favorite is
      CALL NOW!!!
      Yeah alot of infomercials use the "call now"
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4316609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TravellingMissie
    Thanks for the list - I will be copying the buzzwords into a word document that I can use as a go to!!
    Signature
    ICF Accredited Life Coach
    Health & Wellness Consultant

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4302334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobCopywriter
    Thanks for sharing, this could potentially help me out ALOT seeing as I am thinking about releasing an ebook later on this summer!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4302348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by RobCopywriter View Post

      Thanks for sharing, this could potentially help me out ALOT seeing as I am thinking about releasing an ebook later on this summer!
      I'm sure it will, it will also give you a leg up and better conversions once you release your product.
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4308691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jake Gray
    If you give too much away for free, it gets harder to sell things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4316641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    "Even my Mother-in-Law Bought it!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eve Foss
    I had no idea the Facebook comment was a big attention grabber. But then, I am just now getting with the times and am trying to figure out how to promote my site on Facebook!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by Eve Foss View Post

      I had no idea the Facebook comment was a big attention grabber. But then, I am just now getting with the times and am trying to figure out how to promote my site on Facebook!
      The Facebook comment in the OP's list is NOT one of the "magic phrases" if you read the original article. That's at the end where the writer, Matt Brownell, is inviting his readers to join him on Facebook. The OP just copied and pasted without fully understanding the original aritcle.

      This is nonsense. If you folks that are praising the list think you can just plop a few "special words" into a sales message and you will magically make sales, you're heading for a big disappointment. How many times do you have to be told there are no magic buttons?

      I suggest you read the original article for the context. That will help some.

      The ability to write copy that sells has little to do with "magic words" and everything to do with how you frame the offer and communicate ideas. You need to understand a little psychology and be able to push the right buttons. Words don't do that, ideas do.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317556].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        The Facebook comment in the OP's list is NOT one of the "magic phrases" if you read the original article. That's at the end where the writer, Matt Brownell, is inviting his readers to join him on Facebook. The OP just copied and pasted without fully understanding the original aritcle.

        This is nonsense. If you folks that are praising the list think you can just plop a few "special words" into a sales message and you will magically make sales, you're heading for a big disappointment. How many times do you have to be told there are no magic buttons?

        I suggest you read the original article for the context. That will help some.

        The ability to write copy that sells has little to do with "magic words" and everything to do with how you frame the offer and communicate ideas. You need to understand a little psychology and be able to push the right buttons. Words don't do that, ideas do.
        I fully understood the original article, I think I can read/understand something when it says "Join the Mainstreet Team on Facebook." The point of including it in the list is because Facebook has about 596 MILLION users, and a business having a Facebook presence allows them to reach customers they may not through conventional measures. As a result of having that presence people will "Buy." It may not be a buzz word but having a Facebook presence will increase their sales.
        Signature
        Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

        Special WSO Price!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4322031].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by pmbrent View Post

          I fully understood the original article, I think I can read/understand something when it says "Join the Mainstreet Team on Facebook." The point of including it in the list is because Facebook has about 596 MILLION users, and a business having a Facebook presence allows them to reach customers they may not through conventional measures. As a result of having that presence people will "Buy." It may not be a buzz word but having a Facebook presence will increase their sales.
          And saying a Facebook presence will increase sales as you just did in the post I'm replying to is completely different from listing it as a buzzword that will increase sales as you did in your original post. A marketing presence and a copywriting tactic are not the same thing.

          My response was to someone who erroneously believed it was a buzzword tactic because that's the way you presented it. Join us on Facebook isn't a buzzword to use in sales copy that makes people buy.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4324219].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
            Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

            And saying a Facebook presence will increase sales as you just did in the post I'm replying to is completely different from listing it as a buzzword that will increase sales as you did in your original post. A marketing presence and a copywriting tactic are not the same thing.

            My response was to someone who erroneously believed it was a buzzword tactic because that's the way you presented it. Join us on Facebook isn't a buzzword to use in sales copy that makes people buy.
            Updated it just for you Dennis :rolleyes:
            Signature
            Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

            Special WSO Price!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4327417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Damian Kitchen
    hey pbrent thanks for those listed words.

    im just starting out so its useful to know what sells

    thanks again
    Signature
    Visit My Blog & Follow MY Internet Marketing Journey at
    http://damiankitchen.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317502].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by daymokay View Post

      hey pbrent thanks for those listed words.

      im just starting out so its useful to know what sells

      thanks again
      No problem, if you're just starting these should give you a leg up
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4321975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JunoDMP
    Really good tips, I am sure I will apply them to my future work. Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4317514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeasideMarketer
    This offer could be pulled any moment
    Signature
    ''Don't Be A Plonker All Your Life Rodney!!" Del Boy [Only Fools And Horses]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4322504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlpicot
    What about 'Hurry - Only 1 left at this price'??

    xxxxcarlxxxx
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4323672].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmbrent
      Originally Posted by carlpicot View Post

      What about 'Hurry - Only 1 left at this price'??

      xxxxcarlxxxx
      Scarcity does induce sales
      Signature
      Who Else Wants to Learn Everything About QR Codes AND How to Make From Them?

      Special WSO Price!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4327344].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by carlpicot View Post

      What about 'Hurry - Only 1 left at this price'??

      xxxxcarlxxxx
      Hi Carl,

      If I'm on a site selling a digital product my immediate thought would be BS.

      Seaside Marketer - This offer could be pulled any moment
      Again great it's working for you but with just about everyone using it why can't someone think of something original?

      When I read that I read it literally. "Any" moment means just that - "Any" and most likely a date in the distant future. :rolleyes:
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4478092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author try_hard_samurai
    A good place to start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4324187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior16
    we can add the phrases about items sold to increase the confidence of your offer.
    "x items sold in first y days"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4477683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
    1. because
    2. only
    3. sound fair?
    4. cash or check?
    5. does the idea make sense to you?
    6. right?
    7. Here's why
    8. I'm not askin you to trust me... I'm just saying...
    9. Before I get started I need to know if...
    10. Believe me... in a month the only regret you will have will be...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4478013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    * Guarantee
    * 100% Risk Free
    * Try without Risk

    I personally dont buy into those buzz-words like "limited time offer" etc. anymore.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4478026].message }}

Trending Topics