What is this trend of micro niche website?

11 replies
Guys,

I have been reading here for past few days.
Was checking some people are making bomb out of this micro niche website.
I really wanted to know what it is.
Do you have any idea?
Is it really worth putting that much money they are asking in it?
Or it is just like any other adsense website.
Where do they get the templates from? or it is wordpress?
I am confused wthr to join the trendwagon! as I am always low on cash
Looking for your help and some information.

Thank you.
#micro #niche #trend #website
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    Or it is just like any other adsense website.
    Where do they get the templates from? or it is wordpress?
    Yes, and wordpress would git r' done.

    niche = socks

    micro niche = women's socks or women's pink socks

    depends on how micro something is before you consider it a micro niche

    Micro niche marketing has been around for years. It's essentially going after keywords that have zero competition. I'm pretty sure the women's pink socks micro niche is fair game for anyone who wants it.

    That's really all there is too it.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bradstern
      Originally Posted by christopher jon View Post

      Yes, and wordpress would git r' done.

      niche = socks

      micro niche = women's socks or women's pink socks

      depends on how micro something is before you consider it a micro niche

      Micro niche marketing has been around for years. It's essentially going after keywords that have zero competition. I'm pretty sure the women's pink socks micro niche is fair game for anyone who wants it.

      That's really all there is too it.
      Thanks for explaining it in a nutshell! So it's basically going more specific which I think could work in a number of ways.

      Great. I'm learning a lot of things here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christopher jon
    Thanks for explaining it in a nutshell! So it's basically going more specific which I think could work in a number of ways.
    That is how I see it. Others may have their own interpretations.

    It's good since typically the more specific or micro you go, the easier it is to rank a site for.

    The negative is every notch down the micro niche ladder you go, the less traffic you'll get since less people are searching for women's pink socks than socks.

    Now, the catch: All of this could mean less money or more.

    This is where your marketing savvy comes in.

    People are searching for a very specific thing and what your offering is exactly what they want. Should be an easy sale.

    Problem is, most marketers treat micro niche sites like 3rd world ghettos.
    Signature
    It buys my product or it gets the hose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pmg2712
      Originally Posted by christopher jon View Post

      That is how I see it. Others may have their own interpretations.

      It's good since typically the more specific or micro you go, the easier it is to rank a site for.

      The negative is every notch down the micro niche ladder you go, the less traffic you'll get since less people are searching for women's pink socks than socks.

      Now, the catch: All of this could mean less money or more.

      This is where your marketing savvy comes in.

      People are searching for a very specific thing and what your offering is exactly what they want. Should be an easy sale.

      Problem is, most marketers treat micro niche sites like 3rd world ghettos.
      yes,
      but as I see microniche has been caught by a whole lot of people in here to make money.
      Earlier it was a thing that people used to build the site by themselves now with this micro niche thing it has built up a mystery around it and many of them are resenting from researching and creating the sites on their own.
      What is the base of creating the template?
      Are there any examples that anybody knows?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4300505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author learn
    I've heard the term "sub-niche" in the past now I too am hearing about "micro-niches."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4297466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hashbury
    For me a micro niche fits more along the lines of a keyword with a decent search amount with relatively low competition. Most of the time it does fit the description of christopher jon's post.

    I use wordpress for all of my micro niche sites as its easier for me to add extras and keep them updated.

    I notice a lot of time micro niches builders have the mind set of build and forget, while I understand the reasoning behing this, I have found it better to keep adding updates here and there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4300554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indalor1
    You can find examples by either asking one of the people selling the Micro Niche sites or sometimes by scanning through all of the posts on one of the Micro Niche offers in these forums. Some of the people actually say thanks and post their sites to show how they look though these are few and far between. They are there though.

    One person actually posted a list of the sites he received here... http://www.warriorforum.com/complete...er-site-4.html, the post is about halfway down and posted by smokemare.

    Like it was said above, a Micro Niche is a very targeted and specific niche. Start with something generic and work your way into it. Like... Joystick, then deeper with... wireless joystick, then even deeper with... X-Box wireless joystick. You could even go deeper with something like X-Box wireless flight simulator Joystick, or Programmable X-Box wireless joystick. The key is it is a specific, very targeted keyword. And the more targeted the more likely you will get clicks or sales depending if you monetize with Adsense or just affiliate links.

    The only real downside of your standard Micro Niche site is the searches are usually low because of how targeted it is. More targeted a keyword the lower the number of searches for that specific keyword phrase (or long tail keyword). They are usually SEO'd down to 1 low competition and likely low searched keyword. You really don't want to try to stuff these sites with too many keywords because you are only targeting 1 tiny portion of a market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4300652].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hashbury
      Originally Posted by indalor1 View Post

      You can find examples by either asking one of the people selling the Micro Niche sites or sometimes by scanning through all of the posts on one of the Micro Niche offers in these forums. Some of the people actually say thanks and post their sites to show how they look though these are few and far between. They are there though.

      One person actually posted a list of the sites he received here... http://www.warriorforum.com/complete...er-site-4.html, the post is about halfway down and posted by smokemare.
      These sites were actually made by smokemare and not the OP. He also stated that they did not generate income and by the looks of them I can see why.

      Originally Posted by indalor1 View Post

      Like it was said above, a Micro Niche is a very targeted and specific niche. Start with something generic and work your way into it. Like... Joystick, then deeper with... wireless joystick, then even deeper with... X-Box wireless joystick. You could even go deeper with something like X-Box wireless flight simulator Joystick, or Programmable X-Box wireless joystick. The key is it is a specific, very targeted keyword. And the more targeted the more likely you will get clicks or sales depending if you monetize with Adsense or just affiliate links.

      The only real downside of your standard Micro Niche site is the searches are usually low because of how targeted it is. More targeted a keyword the lower the number of searches for that specific keyword phrase (or long tail keyword). They are usually SEO'd down to 1 low competition and likely low searched keyword. You really don't want to try to stuff these sites with too many keywords because you are only targeting 1 tiny portion of a market.
      You should not try to narrow down your micro niche until there are not enough searches to be worth while, This pretty much defeats the whole purpose. Its very easy to find low competition keywords for micro niche sites with over 1000 or 2000 exact monthly searches.

      You can use quite a few keywords when making your micro niche site you just dont want to have them competing all on one page. I have found its best to use as many LSI keywords as possible to create articles/post/content. I use one LSI keyword per article and this has been working wonders for me. The more content you have on your micro niche site the more traffic you will get.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4301575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    Was checking some people are making bomb out of this micro niche website.
    Yes, it's true; some people have made, and continue to make, a lot of money from "micro-niche" sites.

    Though I'm sure, as with anything else, there are people out there who only claim to make a fortune from micro-niche sites without really earning much (if anything) at all, just so they can sell you on their system. So be careful.

    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    I really wanted to know what it is.
    It's just as it sounds. Creating sites that focus exclusively on some small area of a niche. A niche is essentially just a tiny, narrowed and sometimes obscure section of a larger market.

    For example:

    "Making money online" could be the market.

    "Making money online with AdSense" might be the niche within that market.

    "Advanced forum optimisation strategies for highest AdSense CTR and maximum profits" might be a micro-niche - something that applies and will only likely be of interest to certain people interested in making money with AdSense (those running forums).

    The main, general idea is that the more narrowly focused your site, the less competition you're likley to be up against and therefore the easier it is to establish your site as the go-to authority on that topic and dominate the SERPs for many/most related search-queries.

    There is some truth in this, but then again, many people swear by doing the opposite: making a larger, more broadly focused authority site that not only covers any and all aspects of a particular market, but potentially many entirely separate markets.

    All these different strategies can work. Some of them take more work up-front, over a longer period of time, whilst others can potentially grant you a quicker start. But in the end, there are positives and negatives to all approaches.

    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    Is it really worth putting that much money they are asking in it?
    Three questions:

    (1) What amount of money are we talking about?

    (2) On what, specifically, are they advising you to spend that money?

    (3) Who exactly are "they"?

    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    Or it is just like any other adsense website.
    An AdSense-monetised micro-niche website is just "any other AdSense website". It's just a very narrowly focused website. That's its distinguishing feature. There's nothing secret or special or magical about it.

    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    Where do they get the templates from? or it is wordpress?
    How you go about building the site, or what it runs on, is largely irrelevant. "Micro-niche", once again, refers only to the breadth of the niche which the site is set up to serve. It doesn't say anything about what the site looks like, how it's designed, what it runs on, or "where its template is from". The latter assumes that all micro-niche AdSense sites are running on Wordpress. Not all of them are.

    In fact, John (XFactor) Robinson - a very prominent and successful AdSense publisher - has a thread somewhere here on the WarriorForum in which he explained, in great detail, over many hundreds of posts, how he went about setting up his micro-niche AdSense sites. He didn't use Wordpress at all, much preferring XSitePro v1 (a WYSIWYG site-builder that outputs static HTML sites).

    Originally Posted by pmg2712 View Post

    I am confused wthr to join the trendwagon! as I am always low on cash
    You don't actually need any money to get started with this, whether you decide to go the micro-niche route or otherwise. You can use a free domain name (www.dot.tk) and free Wordpress-compatible (if that's what you use) web hosting (www.byethost.com) for this purpose. Although if you did have a little money to spare, I'd probably suggest opting for (extremely cheap) .info domains, since you actually become the legal registrant of these, potentially making them a little bit safer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4302416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobCopywriter
    Wordpress as mentioned above somewhere is a good idea, adsense could be used also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4302488].message }}

Trending Topics