Sorry to be so stupid, but couldja help a girl out?
Here's what came in my email this morning from Amazon:
Dear Product Advertising API Developer, |
As part of our continued effort to ensure that Product Advertising API is an efficient and effective advertising tool, we've identified opportunities to streamline the API. Certain operations and response groups currently supported are infrequently used or are not aligned with the primary purpose of the Product Advertising API, which is to enable Associates to make money by advertising Amazon products in their websites and applications and sending traffic back to Amazon.
The changes, described below, will help us continue to provide you with relevant and useful features to advertise Amazon products. The following changes to the API will take effect on October 25, 2011:
* Associate Tag will be a required and verified input parameter in all requests to the API
* SellerLookup, SellerListingLookup and SellerListingSearch operations will no longer be supported by the API
* ItemPage parameter will be reduced to a maximum of 10 pages for ItemSearch results
* MerchantId parameter will no longer be supported for filtering offers, variations, or search results
* Merchants search index will no longer be supported
* Data returned by the Offers and ItemAttributes response groups will be limited to the most frequently used attributes
For more details about these changes, please click here .
Thank you for using the Product Advertising API to advertise Amazon.
The Product Advertising API Team
~cj aka kit