What Are The Allowable Talking Points On WF?

by hh66
79 replies
Hi,

Can anyone let me know what the allowable
"talking points" are on this forum?

I recently got banned for offering my viewpoint
on wso's that advocate "get rich quick" offers,
or duplicatable "systems" that can supposedly
achieve the same results as the system creator
or originator.

So, I know that any adverse discussion re: wso's
is going to mean a ban, but is there perhaps a list
of subjects that are forbidden from conversation,
or is it the case that members find them out after
they've been banned?

Thanks,
#allowable #points #talking
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Listing them would be impractical. Aside from reading the rules of all of the forums, here are some threads that should provide some additional insight:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...appearing.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...s-sellers.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...moderator.html

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4362408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillDL
    I would guess it had more to do with how you said it then what you said. Might want to check out this, this, and this
    Signature

    Occasionally Relevant.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4362411].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by WillDL View Post

      I would guess it had more to do with how you said it then what you said. Might want to check out this, this, and this
      Thanks for the links Will :-)

      I know that the sale of wso's is a major source
      of income for the forum, and I thought that the
      points I had made were respectful from a buyer
      and seller point of view.

      Anyway, it looks like it's a case of finding out the
      permissible "talking points" the hard way then!

      Thanks for replying...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4362477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    If I recall correctly, you got banned for a week for re-posting a deleted thread.

    Posts get deleted all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Not all of them are anything untoward on the part of the poster. Re-posting them is much more of a problem, especially when you do it a third time.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4362499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      Posts get deleted all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Not all of them are anything untoward on the part of the poster.
      Thanks for replying Paul, but the reason (in my case) was
      that I was talking about a particular thing; something that
      the forum owners obviously don't want people talking about.

      Regards,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4363740].message }}
      • Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        Thanks for replying Paul, but the reason (in my case) was
        that I was talking about a particular thing; something that
        the forum owners obviously don't want people talking about.

        Regards,

        You realize Paul Myers is the super mod that most likely held out the ban hammer

        I think I'm going to say that this is why you got banned rather than talking about something...


        If I recall correctly, you got banned for a week for re-posting a deleted thread.

        Posts get deleted all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Not all of them are anything untoward on the part of the poster. Re-posting them is much more of a problem, especially when you do it a third time.


        Paul
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4363768].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hh66
          Originally Posted by Skid_Roe View Post

          I think I'm going to say that this is why you got banned rather than talking about something...
          Hey Matthew,

          Ok, let me approach this a different way: I now realise
          that reposting a deleted thread is a problem issue in its
          own right, but why was the original thread deleted?

          I was respectful in my post and the points I made were
          lucid and insightful, so the only reasonable explanation
          for deletion is that I was talking about something that
          WF don't want folks to be talking about.

          Make sense?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4363849].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            Hey Matthew,

            Ok, let me approach this a different way: I now realise
            that reposting a deleted thread is a problem issue in its
            own right, but why was the original thread deleted?
            See #6 here:

            http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...bers-read.html


            I was respectful in my post and the points I made were
            lucid and insightful, so the only reasonable explanation
            for deletion is that I was talking about something that
            WF don't want folks to be talking about.

            Make sense?
            Anyone who's been on this forum for any length of time has had seemingly lucid and insightful comments deleted. Including me. Including Paul (the super mod who responded to this thread). Including Allen (the owner -- yeah, no kidding).
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4363891].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author hh66
              Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

              Anyone who's been on this forum for any length of time has had seemingly lucid and insightful comments deleted. Including me. Including Paul (the super mod who responded to this thread). Including Allen (the owner -- yeah, no kidding).
              Ok, so posts can just be arbitrarily deleted then, for
              no reason, is that what you're telling me?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4363988].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                Ok, so posts can just be arbitrarily deleted then, for no reason, is that what you're telling me?
                No, there is always a reason. We aren't going to explain it most times, simply because it would take too long. We delete hundreds of posts every day, most of them spam. Not to mention that people tend to start arguing about how their post shouldn't have been deleted, and devolve into rants about how the mods are a bunch of arbitrary jerks, and how awful and unfair life, the forum, and everything is. Ad nauseum.

                Just like you're starting to do now.

                The threads to which you were pointed explain the issues involved. Read them and things will be much clearer.

                Here's a hint: If you're the 7th person in two days to start a thread about a change in policy at Clickbank or EzineArticles.com, or to rant about the evils of YouTube or the WSO section, you can pretty much guarantee your post will be deleted.


                Paul
                Signature
                .
                Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4364160].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
                  Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                  Here's a hint: If you're the 7th person in two days to start a thread about a change in policy at Clickbank or EzineArticles.com, or to rant about the evils of YouTube or the WSO section, you can pretty much guarantee your post will be deleted.
                  Paul,

                  Thanks for clearing that up.

                  So the deal is you need to be the 6th or earlier poster to start one of those threads.

                  Got it.

                  It's a good thing when we have well defined rules.

                  ~Bill



                  Yea, I know...
                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4364442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
      Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

      But reposting a deleted thread wasn't the original
      problem 'though was it...
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      If I recall correctly, you got banned for a week for re-posting a deleted thread.

      Posts get deleted all the time, for all sorts of reasons. Not all of them are anything untoward on the part of the poster. Re-posting them is much more of a problem, especially when you do it a third time.


      Paul
      Um... yeah, it was.

      If you're asking why it was deleted in the first place... could have been thousands of reasons... most of them nothing to do with you.

      Suck it up and move on... it's only a forum for god's sake.

      Let's assume the mods made a mistake and deleted a thread that shouldn't have been...

      So what?

      Like you and I... they're human and make mistakes. And given the volume of traffic on this forum, they don't have time to second-guess themselves or retract judgments.

      Deal with it.

      -Daniel
      Signature

      Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366430].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Fernando Veloso
        Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

        Suck it up and move on... it's only a forum for god's sake.
        And it's weekend!!! Time to party!



        @OP, best advice you can get is to move on and forget this. Next time a thread or post of yours gets deleted you know you hit something you shouldn't. Thats just the way it goes. Perhaps it's not perfect, but nothing is. And in the end, this forum is your best opportunity to become a IM warrior...

        Think about it.
        Signature
        People make good money selling to the rich. But the rich got rich selling to the masses.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

    Can anyone let me know what the allowable "talking points" are on this forum?
    Seek not to piss on thy fellow marketers; neither piss on their products; for their minds studieth marketing, and their lips speak advice. In silence your education shall be built, and through partnerships it shall be strengthened.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4364824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cynthea
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Seek not to piss on thy fellow marketers; neither piss on their products; for their minds studieth marketing, and their lips speak advice. In silence your education shall be built, and through partnerships it shall be strengthened.
      Gotta love you CDarklock.

      A pleasure to read such eloquence on WF.
      Signature
      > Former Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 Writer Available to Work for You <
      Ghostwriting |Copywriting for the Web | Information Architecture
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
    My advice... don't take it personally.

    I posted a killer thread the other day (if I do say so myself) which got a lot of positive feedback... before it was nuked entirely.

    I don't know why that happened... but it doesn't really matter.

    First of all... like Paul says... things are moderated for all sorts of reasons. Often it's nothing you did, but what someone else in the thread may have done.

    A ban is a different story - obviously you screwed up - but it happens to most people from time to time, especially unintentionally. Never happened to me (yet) but I'm sure it will one day.

    And when it does... I'll shrug my shoulders, get the **** back to work , and wait it out.

    Secondly... remember the mods are just people, like you and me.

    They're not all-knowing... or perfect. They screw up like everyone else.

    But you've gotta accept a margin or error in anything. Doctors kill people if they screw up... mods just delete a post.

    And you know what? I can deal with that.

    -Daniel
    Signature

    Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4365205].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

      My advice... don't take it personally.
      Hi Daniel, thanks for replying.

      I know you mean well, and i'm grateful that you
      responded.

      To try and prevent other members from falling foul
      of being deleted and then banned, however, when
      you say I "screwed up" of course I did that by talking
      about something that should (apparently) not be
      spoken about.

      So, how you "screw up" (in this instance) is not by
      e.g. making offensive remarks, or by 'spamming', but
      by the very subject you've chosen to talk about.

      Now that we've established that, I am still "none the
      wiser" as to what other topics of conversation are
      restricted.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366242].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        when you say I "screwed up" of course I did that by talking about something that should (apparently) not be spoken about.
        You keep on and on saying that, as if somehow by repeating it enough, you'll be able to convince yourself that it's true.

        It isn't true.

        You've been told expressly and openly why you were banned, and it wasn't for "talking about something that shouldn't be talked about".

        How clear do you want it to be?

        We can all see that you'd like it to have been for that reason (perhaps because you want to be able to feel - and to tell others - that there's "censorship" here and you were a "victim" of it?) but the reality is that that just wasn't what happened. You were banned for a week, it seems, as explained in post #5 above, for breaking a forum rule by reposting something previously deleted, and it sounds like it was as simple as that. These things happen. Some people get over it, some make a fuss about it, and some apparently try to convince themselves and/or others that it was for a different reason. :rolleyes:

        I once had a ban here, as well ... because I made a mistake, just like you. I learned something from it and moved on without repeating it (so far, anyway!) ... I suggest you try to do the same rather than trying to make it "someone else's fault".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366689].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hh66
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          You keep on and on saying that, as if somehow by repeating it enough, you'll be able to convince yourself that it's true.

          It isn't true.

          You've been told expressly and openly why you were banned, and it wasn't for "talking about something that shouldn't be talked about".

          How clear do you want it to be?

          We can all see that you'd like it to have been for that reason (perhaps because you want to be able to feel - and to tell others - that there's "censorship" here and you were a "victim" of it?) but the reality is that that just wasn't what happened. You were banned for a week, it seems, as explained in post #5 above, for breaking a forum rule by reposting something previously deleted, and it sounds like it was as simple as that. These things happen. Some people get over it, some make a fuss about it, and some apparently try to convince themselves and/or others that it was for a different reason. :rolleyes:

          I once had a ban here, as well ... because I made a mistake, just like you. I learned something from it and moved on without repeating it (so far, anyway!) ... I suggest you try to do the same rather than trying to make it "someone else's fault".
          I'm sorry Alexa, you're just "splitting hairs" here...

          Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke
          about a forbidden subject and I was banned because I
          unwittingly reposted that original thread. Whichever way
          you slice it, it's all the same...

          No one is trying to make anything "someone elses fault",
          by the way, I am just trying to understand more about
          this forum and the censorship that goes on here.

          There's no need for you to surmise anything in fact, just
          to respond to what i've said in this thread - i've made it
          very clear, and it's patently obvious to anyone reading
          this thread that, regardless of the attempts made here
          to try and "fuzzy over" the issue, censorship does occur.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366809].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke about a forbidden subject
            You say so. I didn't see anyone else agree with you about that, but there it is. Maybe it was just a subject that had been flogged to death that day/week.

            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            I was banned because I unwittingly reposted that original thread.
            Ah - you admit it?! That's progress ... and an improvement on what you were originally saying.

            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            Whichever way you slice it, it's all the same...
            Not to anyone else, it seems: it may be just to you (and that's perhaps why just you have the problem?).
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366847].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
              So, how you "screw up" (in this instance) is not by e.g. making offensive remarks, or by 'spamming', but by the very subject you've chosen to talk about.
              Not in this case. In this case, the topic was, if I recall correctly, just a repeat of something that didn't need to take up a lot of space on the front page of the forum. We only need so many threads on one subject.

              Of course, it could just have been a repeat of the usual rant about WSOs, which is allowed from time to time, but not every time someone wants to rant.

              Either way, the screw-up that time was re-posting a deleted thread. The screw-up this time is assuming things for which there isn't even evidence, much less proof.
              Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke about a forbidden subject
              On what do you base that claim? If several other threads exist on a subject, it's hardly forbidden. Duplicate threads often get either locked or deleted so the conversation stays in one place, which helps keep everyone interested seeing everything in the discussion, rather than missing parts because they missed threads.
              censorship does occur.
              Yes, it does. That is the function of having topics restricted. Nature of a board dedicated to one subject, no matter how general.

              We don't allow political or religious conversations here. Is that censorship? Yep. And we don't apologize for it. Those topics are not relevant or productive in this environment, for this topic. They create a general air of nastiness, because too many people become overtly hostile over issues that are, essentially, matters of personal conscience and philosophy.

              They do it in the same way you're doing it now: "Anyone who disagrees with me must not only be wrong, but actively Bad."

              Not a useful way to think when dealing with a global community.


              Paul
              Signature
              .
              Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366957].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author timpears
            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            I'm sorry Alexa, you're just "splitting hairs" here...

            Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke
            about a forbidden subject and I was banned because I
            unwittingly reposted that original thread. Whichever way
            you slice it, it's all the same...

            No one is trying to make anything "someone elses fault",
            by the way, I am just trying to understand more about
            this forum and the censorship that goes on here.

            There's no need for you to surmise anything in fact, just
            to respond to what i've said in this thread - i've made it
            very clear, and it's patently obvious to anyone reading
            this thread that, regardless of the attempts made here
            to try and "fuzzy over" the issue, censorship does occur.
            Alexa is splitting hairs. I think you are beating a dead horse.

            License Creative Commons via beating a dead horse | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

            Please take the advice and get over it and move on. This is getting old and I am surprised that you haven't been banned again. You were told why you were banned by the people that banned you. And no matter how many times you say different, that doesn't change the reality. You re-posted something that had been deleted. And that will get you banned most of the time.

            Deal with it.
            Signature

            Tim Pears

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367743].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
            Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

            Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke
            about a forbidden subject
            There are only a couple "forbidden" subjects here: religion, politics, and mudslinging.

            It is generally frowned upon if you start a new thread about something when there is already an active thread about it.

            It is against the forum rules to post what amounts to an article rather than a discussion.

            If you have a purely informational post, there is an article section of the forum, which does cost a small annual fee to post in.

            If you have a personal story or triumph, there are individual member blogs attached to every account, which I believe you might need to be a War Room member to use.

            If you want to promote your own products or services, you should do so in the "Warriors For Hire" section, where there is a fee to post your promotional thread.

            You may also promote your products or services in the WSO Forum, where you have to comply with a few additional rules and restrictions.

            That is more or less the complete list. Or, at least, I personally have never had any desire to post anything that didn't fall cleanly into these rules.

            If you think you have found some clever way around these rules, the forum moderators are at least as smart as you are and will know exactly what you are doing. If you screw the rules, they multiply.

            If you think you are performing a public service by crapping all over someone's product, feel free to do it somewhere else. You could start a Blogger blog, or install WordPress on your own hosting, or even go to some other forum where you're allowed to crap on people's products. You just can't do it here.
            Signature
            "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4369684].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        To try and prevent other members from falling foul
        of being deleted and then banned, however, when
        you say I "screwed up" of course I did that by talking
        about something that should (apparently) not be
        spoken about.

        So, how you "screw up" (in this instance) is not by
        e.g. making offensive remarks, or by 'spamming', but
        by the very subject you've chosen to talk about.

        Now that we've established that, I am still "none the
        wiser" as to what other topics of conversation are
        restricted.
        Here's the CLUE: The post was deleted.

        You didn't get the CLUE and you reposted a deleted thread. Did you actually think that it's ok to repost a thread that a mod deemed fit for deletion?

        Ok, technically, I had my thread deleted because I spoke
        about a forbidden subject and I was banned because I
        unwittingly reposted that original thread.
        There was nothing "unwitting" about reposting a deleted thread, and WSOs and their quality have been discussed ad nauseum on this forum without deletion, so your attempt at a WSO conspiracy theory doesn't hold water.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367118].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Suzanne,
          You didn't get the CLUE and you reposted a deleted thread. Did you actually think that it's ok to repost a thread that a mod deemed fit for deletion?
          And probably not just once. I don't normally ban new members for a first re-post, as it's not unreasonable for them to assume the post just didn't 'take' for some reason. The main exception is when they say something like "My first post of this was deleted. What the hell is up with that?," and then proceed to go back into whatever topic was removed.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367142].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
        Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        Now that we've established that, I am still "none the
        wiser" as to what other topics of conversation are
        restricted.
        Sounds like you'd like a point-by-point list of restricted topics. Here ya go:

        -- Cats. Calico cats are the exception.

        -- Fight Club. (Duh)

        -- Any mention of water chestnuts.

        -- The month of May.

        -- Basketball rules. You can talk about basketball games as long as you don't mention the rules.

        -- Vermont, Canada, and Picadilly Circus in London.

        -- Rorshach inkblot tests.

        -- Hamsters and mankinis.

        -- Buffalo nickels.

        -- Amish furniture.

        -- Getting bumped from airline flights.

        -- The 2nd act of Hamlet.

        -- Tom Selleck's mustache.



        That about covers it. And lest anyone thinks this post is silly, I'd argue that the thread took a silly turn some time ago.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367155].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

          Sounds like you'd like a point-by-point list of restricted topics. Here ya go:

          snip
          I hate Cats, except for Calico cats. Mine like to eat water chesnuts. They make infinitely better pets than hamsters in mankinis. I wouldn't give you a Buffalo nickel for one of those. The only problem with calico cats is they pee all over Amish furniture.

          Which reminds me ... this May (as in month of May), I went to the Fight Club to see Tom Selleck's mustache. It was appearing in Vermont, Canada, and Picadilly Circus in London. Tom Selleck's mustache looks like a Rorshach inkblot test. It really wasn't worth getting bumped from an airline flight to see that. So I went to see the 2nd act of Hamlet instead.

          And then I went to a basketball game. Screw the rules.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367414].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            Amazing - and I do remember your thread.

            You posted a bit of a rant just after several similar threads on the same topic had been started. Those threads were on the first page here and were active. Your thread was deleted.

            You reposted it and said you were reposting it - and others here warned you that reposting a deleted thread was not a good idea. That second thread was deleted.

            You posted a third time - and you got a slap on the wrist with a temp ban.

            Apparently you still think your post is so crucial that you need to repeat it in this thread?

            Don't worry, I won't be starting any more threads on
            this forum. You have my word on that.
            What are you - 12? If you can't have your personal rant you'll take your pail and shovel and leave?
            Come on....you are only hurting yourself. Let it go!

            kay
            Signature
            Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

            Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367542].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

          Sounds like you'd like a point-by-point list of restricted topics. Here ya go:

          -- Cats. Calico cats are the exception.

          -- Fight Club. (Duh)

          -- Any mention of water chestnuts.

          -- The month of May.

          -- Basketball rules. You can talk about basketball games as long as you don't mention the rules.

          -- Vermont, Canada, and Picadilly Circus in London.

          -- Rorshach inkblot tests.

          -- Hamsters and mankinis.

          -- Buffalo nickels.

          -- Amish furniture.

          -- Getting bumped from airline flights.

          -- The 2nd act of Hamlet.

          -- Tom Selleck's mustache.



          That about covers it. And lest anyone thinks this post is silly, I'd argue that the thread took a silly turn some time ago.
          Any guesses as to where this thread ranks for "picadilly mankini buffalo nickel water chestnuts"?

          ~M~
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368231].message }}
      • Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        Hi Daniel, thanks for replying.

        I know you mean well, and i'm grateful that you
        responded.

        To try and prevent other members from falling foul
        of being deleted and then banned, however, when
        you say I "screwed up" of course I did that by talking
        about something that should (apparently) not be
        spoken about.

        So, how you "screw up" (in this instance) is not by
        e.g. making offensive remarks, or by 'spamming', but
        by the very subject you've chosen to talk about.

        Now that we've established that, I am still "none the
        wiser" as to what other topics of conversation are
        restricted.
        HH66,

        I have two words for you ...



        MOVE ON!

        When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
        What you are doing now is not helping your situation.

        Threads get deleted, so what?

        not the end of the world.

        Patrick
        Signature
        PatrickBrianONeill.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368270].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

          Any guesses as to where this thread ranks for "picadilly mankini buffalo nickel water chestnuts"?

          ~M~
          Just checked...

          #1, but only the second page of the thread.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
    Paul already told you... you re-posted a deleted thread.

    It's pretty straight-forward. Just don't do it next time.

    -Daniel
    Signature

    Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

      Paul already told you... you re-posted a deleted thread.

      It's pretty straight-forward. Just don't do it next time.

      -Daniel
      But reposting a deleted thread wasn't the original
      problem 'though was it...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    Based on Paul's post, I'm going to say you probably posted a thread about something that there were already threads up about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriorkay
    Generally, the more time spent on the forum and
    "noticing" what goes around, you just get the feel
    for what to say and what not to say,

    Kingsley
    Signature
    Kingged.com Coaching and Partnership Program
    Is The ONLY Coaching Program That Does 99% Of The Work
    TO MAKE MONEY FOR STUDENTS FROM 1ST DAY
    So they EARN while they LEARN

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
    Oh man... I thought that stuff about people putting on their tin foil hats was a joke.

    I guess that's what I get for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, and assuming they might actually listen to reason.

    I think most intelligent people reading this thread will have a very different view on it than you do, hh66...

    And that's all I'm saying on the subject.

    -Daniel
    Signature

    Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    Why do you assume it was a forbidden topic? Maybe you missed this:

    "Here's a hint: If you're the 7th person in two days to start a thread about a change in policy at Clickbank or EzineArticles.com, or to rant about the evils of YouTube or the WSO section, you can pretty much guarantee your post will be deleted."

    I'm pretty sure Paul was trying to tell you your thread got deleted because there had already been many threads about the exact same thing posted within the last day or two.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

    Hi,

    offering my viewpoint
    on wso's that advocate "get rich quick" offers,
    or duplicatable "systems" that can supposedly
    achieve the same results as the system creator
    or originator.

    Thanks,
    There we go thats the reason...not because its a taboo subject but because there is a hundred threads all discussing the same thing. Put your comments in an existing thread about that subject and it would have been fine.

    You were banned for resubmitting a deleted thread nothing more.

    Arguing about it, and constantly asking why it was deleted is also a deletable and bannable offence by the way. because were all irritated by people thinking their opinion is so important it warrants a new thread instead of adding to an existing one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hh66
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      There we go thats the reason...not because its a taboo subject but because there is a hundred threads all discussing the same thing. Put your comments in an existing thread about that subject and it would have been fine.
      Oh, thank you, actually I can see how too many
      threads on the exact same subject could merit
      a deletion :-)

      With this in mind then, can I ask where the "existing"
      threads (similar to my original) can be found on the
      forum?

      I have my original thread posting in notepad, and
      referring to it again quickly, I can see that it was
      a post about "get rich quick" wso methods and the
      idea that they are not the panacea they are so
      often reported to be.

      The posting went on to mention that such offers
      can, in some cases, be valuable because they may
      enable you to pull something interesting out of it
      and put your own spin on the method to make it
      profitable for you.

      Not quite a "conspiracy theory" or "rant" then.. ;-)

      I have the thread on file, and can repost it here
      (with the mod's permission) but what i'd really like
      to know is where the other existing threads are,
      on the forum, that are similar to the one I created.

      I really think we're getting somewhere now, so if
      you can let me know this i'd be very grateful.

      Cheers,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367244].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

        Oh, thank you, actually I can see how too many
        threads on the exact same subject could merit
        a deletion :-)

        With this in mind then, can I ask where the "existing"
        threads (similar to my original) can be found on the
        forum?

        I have my original thread posting in notepad, and
        referring to it again quickly, I can see that it was
        a post about "get rich quick" wso methods and the
        idea that they are not the panacea they are so
        often reported to be.

        The posting went on to mention that such offers
        can, in some cases, be valuable because they may
        enable you to pull something interesting out of it
        and put your own spin on the method to make it
        profitable for you.

        Not quite a "conspiracy theory" or "rant" then.. ;-)

        I have the thread on file, and can repost it here
        (with the mod's permission) but what i'd really like
        to know is where the other existing threads are,
        on the forum, that are similar to the one I created.

        I really think we're getting somewhere now, so if
        you can let me know this i'd be very grateful.

        Cheers,

        Go through the first 5-6 pages. There are multiple threads in the same vein as yours. They seem to have been especially popular this past week. Everyone has been talking about how "WSO's don't deliver and blah blah blah." It's been weird, cuz in over a year of lurking/posting I have never seen so much complaining. Also, just like in your post people go on to talk about how most WSO's have at least "one nugget to pull out." As a matter of fact I can guarantee (without doing the research) that I have made the same point on AT LEAST two threads in the past week.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4369411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Dude,

    So let's assume you remember what the original
    deleted thread was about.

    Your original thread was deleted but you seem to
    have a problem in figuring out why.

    There are multiple reasons... nobody has the
    answer you are looking for.

    Read this: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...moderator.html

    So, now you know that all it takes is a number
    of people to report your post as inappropriate
    in some way for it to get deleted.

    Here's the thing... you're a guest here. You
    aren't entitled to post whatever you want, you
    aren't entitled to an explanation. Get over it.

    John
    Signature
    John's Internet Marketing News, Views & Reviews: John Taylor Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4366969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Becky,

    Rorshach would be a kewl name for a hamster or
    a guinea pig... Oops, did I post that out loud?

    John
    Signature
    John's Internet Marketing News, Views & Reviews: John Taylor Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
    Besides doing a quick visual check on the first page or two, use the search function to find related topics. If what you're posting hasn't been posted in recent days, you're probably safe starting a new post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367256].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
      Gene,
      you're probably safe starting a new post.
      No, he is not. Not unless he considers getting another week off to be "safe," which is not an unthinkable idea.

      This is, by the way, a truly excellent example of why these threads are only allowed occasionally. This one is going where most tend to go. The OP is trying to justify his re-posting of a deleted thread based on a lengthy discussion that gives him something to hang his bootless argument on.

      The points he mentions above have been made literally hundreds of times here over the past few years. If he's interested, he'll find those discussions that haven't expired from the archives. I would suggest to him that he not resurrect old threads, though, unless he has something genuinely new to contribute to the discussions.


      Paul
      Signature
      .
      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        Oh, thank you, actually I can see how too many threads on the exact same subject could merit a deletion :-)
        Becky pointed you to that in post #9 of this thread.

        Are you arguing in your spare time?


        Paul
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367383].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hh66
        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

        Gene,No, he is not. Not unless he considers getting another week off to be "safe," which is not an unthinkable idea.
        Hey Paul,

        Don't worry, I won't be starting any more threads on
        this forum. You have my word on that.

        Regards,
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367425].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

          Don't worry, I won't be starting any more threads on this forum. You have my word on that.
          Up to you. My comment was about the original topic that was deleted and re-posted, but if you wish to generalise it, that's your choice. You'd only be punishing yourself.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367465].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alminc
            If your post happens to be deleted, the best thing to do is that you
            delete it from your memory too, and go on with your forum life as if it
            never happened. Who posted what? Me???? No no no.
            Signature
            No links :)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367500].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gene Pimentel
        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

        Gene,No, he is not. Not unless he considers getting another week off to be "safe," which is not an unthinkable idea.
        Sorry about that Paul. I should have qualified that better. I'm thinking on terms of a new idea/subject, not something that has been hashed over many times before or deleted.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidtong
    I've been on WF for about 2 weeks so far, honestly, I wish I have the "delete/merge thread" power on the recurring threads about:

    - Amazon Tax issue
    - Aweber scam email

    Not that they're not useful, but the duplicate threads doesn't really add value when the 2nd (and succeeding) posters can simply add to the existing thread.

    Being a mod on different forums make me understand the annoying aspect of forumers not searching for existing topics before posting...

    Some dup threads aren't even a week apart! The mods here in WF are much nicer and lenient than most other niche hobby/interest forums I frequent. If you do get banned, you must've done something wrong repeatedly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Two things here...

      If there are many active threads on a subject, and you feel the need to start a new one, are you starting it for the discussion, or are you starting it for the number of potential eyeballs on your sig?

      (I'm using the "royal you", not pointing to an individual.)

      And point two, what's wrong with cats, even calicos? I love cats; they taste like chicken. :p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hh66
        Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

        Two things here...

        If there are many active threads on a subject, and you feel the need to start a new one, are you starting it for the discussion, or are you starting it for the number of potential eyeballs on your sig?
        For heavens sake man, why not leave it alone
        now...?

        I'm sure you don't want to kick a man when he's
        down, do you?.. and you are on the winning side
        after all :-)

        I know that there were no other "competing" threads,
        similar to mine, and of course I know the reason it
        was originally deleted.

        It's no longer necessary, by the way, to continue
        insulting me or make up further inferences. Instead,
        content yourselves with a wee dram; a winner's drink,
        to celebrate the fact that this voice has been silenced.

        Good luck,
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367906].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pjCheviot
          Banned
          Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

          For heavens sake man, why not leave it alone
          now...?

          I'm sure you don't want to kick a man when he's
          down, do you?.. and you are on the winning side
          after all :-)
          Oh dear - you seem to have missed John's vital paragraph . . .

          Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

          (I'm using the "royal you", not pointing to an individual.)
          And . . . .

          Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

          I know that there were no other "competing" threads,
          similar to mine, and of course I know the reason it
          was originally deleted.

          It's no longer necessary, by the way, to continue
          insulting me or make up further inferences. Instead,
          content yourselves with a wee dram; a winner's drink,
          to celebrate the fact that this voice has been silenced.

          Good luck,
          . . . it seems you are not quite silent yet?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368006].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
            You folks just couldn't resist:

            Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

            Becky,

            Rorshach would be a kewl name for a hamster or
            a guinea pig... Oops, did I post that out loud?
            Have a good vacation.


            Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

            I hate Cats, except for Calico cats. ..[snip]
            Send me a postcard while you're away.


            Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post


            And point two, what's wrong with cats, even calicos? I love cats; they taste like chicken. :p
            Be seeing you when you get back.







            ***


            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            I really think you're trying to get yourself banned again, so you can claim some sort of moral victory or victim status.
            Probably.

            ~Becky
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368099].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by hh66 View Post

          For heavens sake man, why not leave it alone
          now...?

          I'm sure you don't want to kick a man when he's
          down, do you?.. and you are on the winning side
          after all :-)

          I know that there were no other "competing" threads,
          similar to mine, and of course I know the reason it
          was originally deleted.

          It's no longer necessary, by the way, to continue
          insulting me or make up further inferences. Instead,
          content yourselves with a wee dram; a winner's drink,
          to celebrate the fact that this voice has been silenced.

          Good luck,
          Oh come on. Stop playing the victim. You clearly brought the ban on yourself. It really isn't a big deal. You have the opportunity to learn from your mistake and move on and maybe learn something about making money online from this forum.

          But judging from what I see in this thread, that probably won't happen. You're a drama king.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368812].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hh66
            Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

            Oh come on. Stop playing the victim. You clearly brought the ban on yourself. It really isn't a big deal. You have the opportunity to learn from your mistake and move on and maybe learn something about making money online from this forum.

            But judging from what I see in this thread, that probably won't happen. You're a drama king.
            Hi Suzanne,

            I'm not here to cause a problem, and I think all we've
            actually learned from this thread is that I don't want
            to be censored for expressing my opinion about money
            -making opps and I don't agree with the kind of thinking
            that does want to censor me for that.

            This forum isn't about me 'though, and I am conscious of
            the fact that I don't want to inflame people's reactions
            anymore, so I will just leave it there and will wish you all
            the very best.

            :-)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368904].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        David,
        Some dup threads aren't even a week apart!
        It's Saturday morning, and the time difference between the first and last posts on the front page alone is only 6 hours. I've seen it busy enough in here that anything more than an hour old had scrolled off to page 2.

        I've seen as many as 6 threads on the same topic on page one all at once.

        People just don't pay attention...


        Paul
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367938].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          I know that there were no other "competing" threads, similar to mine, and of course I know the reason it was originally deleted.
          Translation: "I can't 'win' based on the facts presented, so I will assert facts not in evidence."
          content yourselves with a wee dram; a winner's drink, to celebrate the fact that this voice has been silenced.
          The only one suggesting your voice be silenced is you. If you choose that route, don't blame anyone else for the choice.

          I really think you're trying to get yourself banned again, so you can claim some sort of moral victory or victim status.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367969].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author timpears
            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            Translation: "I can't 'win' based on the facts presented, so I will assert facts not in evidence."The only one suggesting your voice be silenced is you. If you choose that route, don't blame anyone else for the choice.

            I really think you're trying to get yourself banned again, so you can claim some sort of moral victory or victim status.


            Paul
            Please, do something. Cloese this thread if nothing else. This crap is getting old, and very repetitive. He has been told, and refuses to accept it.

            And now I am continuing to perpetuate it. I must be nuts.

            Close this damn thread for God's sake.
            Signature

            Tim Pears

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosetrees
    A few days ago someone started a thread where they repeatedly asked the same question (can't remember what is was). Finally I cracked and pointed out to him that he clearly wanted the "right" answer (as in the answer he was looking for), so I told him what he wanted to hear. It was obviously a facetious answer.

    The thread was deleted, along with my (clearly highly valuable) answer.

    So as that thread was deleted, I'll repost a version of my highly valuable answer.

    You obviously only want to hear the answer you want to hear, so "yes, you were the victim of censorship and obviously you started a thread about a "forbidden" topic". I seem to recall that apples were forbidden at one time - and look where that got Eve. So - talking about apples is forbidden, along with all the topics that Becky listed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4367726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Becky,

    Thanks. The paranoid conspiracy stuff is apparently not new or unusual for this person. I wonder if s/he realizes that "senior" just means "posted a bit." Or just how weak his/her definition of 'proof' seems, given her/his reasoning tendencies as demonstrated in this thread.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    I don't agree with the kind of thinking that does want to censor me for that.
    That's because you don't know what happens to a truly uncensored forum.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4369319].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
      The very first thread I posted here got deleted.

      My guess is that hundreds of my posts have also been deleted.

      None of that compares to the pain of having to watch others come unglued over practically nothing.

      And that pain is nothing compared to the agony of spilling an ice cold beer on a hot day.

      Just wanted to put things in perspective...

      ~Bill
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4369412].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376635].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExRat
          Hi Bill/BIG Mike,

          And that pain is nothing compared to the agony of spilling an ice cold beer on a hot day.
          You're right Bill, at the end of the day...keeping that ice cold beer safe and stable is all that matters
          I remember years ago I was sitting in a pub with a work colleague having an after-work pint. Another one of our friends joined us for an after-work pint too. He explained that he only had enough money for one pint until payday, so he was determined to enjoy this one. He went and got his pint and sat down and looked at it lovingly for a few seconds.

          As he keenly went to take his first gulp, he clumsily swiped it off the table. Again, he stared at it (all over the floor) for a few seconds, before making the satisfied 'ahhhhh' sound he was planning to make after that first gulp!

          To this day, if I bump into that old work colleague and mention the other bloke's name, he cracks up laughing and recites this story.

          Signature


          Roger Davis

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376761].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author goindeep
            I have a love/hate relationship with the forum so much so that i visit it daily but that i will also edit, amend and proof read this post about 12 times before i click the submit button for fear of being banned or having it deleted... keep reading, the rest is not as negative as this opening paragraph.

            Fact's: I have been banned before (for a long time), i have had almost a dozen threads deleted, countless threads deleted and been warned many times.

            Ive also learned a lot from this place, it has helped me immensely in my Internet Marketing and general business skill, i've found some great wso's and even made some friends.

            I think like everything in life you have to take the good with the bad and vice versa. Its easy to stand back and point out all of the bad and negative things but i can bet that not even 10% of those people being that way could manage this place as good as it currently is. We have to keep in mind the vast number of users.

            If you use other forums you will note that this forum has many things that those other forums does not, other qualities and services, different ways of interacting and dealing with users. Its a natural process for this place to be unique.

            One thing i have learnt is to think twice and sometimes thrice before i post anything.

            And that the forum doesnt take well to people bad mouthing WSO's or services offered. The reasons i can some up with is that all those WSO's get proof read and checked manually. That means that you are basically going head to head with a MOD that has already approved it. So in a theorhetical way, i guess you could say that pride and ego have they're place here. And that you could also be completely wrong when sharing negative things about WSO's.

            Ive also had many experiences where i have scratched my head and wondered where on Earth or anywhere else in the Universe the decision came from to delete my threads. But like i said 'take the good with the bad'...

            ... i have scoured the net to find a forum that can compete with this one and so far, i got nuttin. So lets all just remember one thing: We all came here looking for something and we ended up staying. Something great is keeping us here... to all the newbies stick around and you'll find out what that is.

            The one thing i hope that at least one person from the forum management can take from this post is this: This is an Internet Marketing forum. A marketing forum. Any and all good marketers know how to do a few things right, two of those things are; spotting trends and listening to genuine customer feedback.

            -Andrei
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376866].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ExRat
              Hi Andrei,

              One thing i have learnt is to think twice and sometimes thrice before i post anything.

              And that the forum doesnt take well to people bad mouthing WSO's or services offered. The reasons i can some up with is that all those WSO's get proof read and checked manually. That means that you are basically going head to head with a MOD that has already approved it. So in a theorhetical way, i guess you could say that pride and ego have they're place here. And that you could also be completely wrong when sharing negative things about WSO's.
              I may be mistaken, but I think that you might be entirely mistaken with what you are saying there.

              a) I don't believe the forum has any problem with genuine, constructive criticism put in the correct place.

              b) I don't believe that the mods proof read or check WSOs. I was under the impression that they may choose to take a glance over WSO salespages, if they decide that it's a good idea to do so. If a WSO is brought to their attention, then I believe that they may look closer or request a look at the product.

              c) therefore -

              You're not going head-to-head with a mod

              and

              It has nothing to do with ego or pride

              You don't need to 'come up with' reasons for things. Just be observant in the forum and, unless I'm mistaken, Paul Myers and other mods go to the effort of explaining these things on a regular basis.
              Signature


              Roger Davis

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376900].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author goindeep
                Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

                Hi Andrei,

                I may be mistaken, but I think that you might be entirely mistaken with what you are saying there.

                a) I don't believe the forum has any problem with genuine, constructive criticism put in the correct place.

                b) I don't believe that the mods proof read or check WSOs. I was under the impression that they may choose to take a glance over WSO salespages, if they decide that it's a good idea to do so. If a WSO is brought to their attention, then I believe that they may look closer or request a look at the product.

                c) therefore -

                You're not going head-to-head with a mod

                and

                It has nothing to do with ego or pride

                You don't need to 'come up with' reasons for things. Just be observant in the forum and, unless I'm mistaken, Paul Myers and other mods go to the effort of explaining these things on a regular basis.
                a) I never said that bro. You said that.

                b) Choose to take a glance or "APPROVE"? lol

                c) See point above... and yes it does have to do with ego and pride. Ive had a situation where i had proven a moderator completely 100% wrong in his judgement, he still did not accept my plea even though there was no rule or obligation from the forum. It was simply that he did not want to go back on his word and hurt his pride. In the end we cyber hugged and made up.

                ..and no you are right i dont need to come up with reasons for things ill just do what im told... Nah Bag that! Ill try to find the reasons for everything that i encounter and look for facts through things like science and ecperience... because there are reasons.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376931].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                  Andrei,
                  Ill try to find the reasons for everything that i encounter and look for facts through things like science and ecperience... because there are reasons.
                  There are indeed reasons for everything. You are not employing science or experience to find them, though, as demonstrated above. You're interpreting things in ways that fit your preconceptions. If that's an example of how you "proved" a moderator wrong, I remain unconvinced of the likely validity of the "proof."

                  As a rule, we have access to a lot of information that's not available to everyone in the forum. That often shines a very different light on things.


                  Paul
                  Signature
                  .
                  Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376967].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
                    Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                    Andrei,There are indeed reasons for everything. You are not employing science or experience to find them, though, as demonstrated above. You're interpreting things in ways that fit your preconceptions. If that's an example of how you "proved" a moderator wrong, I remain unconvinced of the likely validity of the "proof."

                    As a rule, we have access to a lot of information that's not available to everyone in the forum. That often shines a very different light on things.


                    Paul
                    Use your access to check my tickets Paul, it was 2 months ago actually. You nor i need white coats and bunsen burners to put science to work.

                    I can give you other examples of what any reasonable person would consider extremely harsh treatment for such trivial things (namely when i was banned). But i fear doing it in this thread, i wouldnt want to be banned again and that fear is based on real factual historical experiences which you should be able to locate with your access.

                    p.s. I think i proved my original point about people taking the easy route and only pointing out the negatives. My initial post had about a 60/40 spread of positive v negative for the forum. Finishing with an all round hunky dory positive feel... and that was on purpose... no worries Paul.

                    I'd love to keep arguing the points but to be honest its late and i cant be stuffed. The FACT of the matter is simple both good and bad things happen in this forum. Im done on this topic. Thanks.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4377089].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                      Andrei,
                      Use your access to check my tickets Paul, it was 2 months ago actually. You nor i need white coats and bunsen burners to put science to work.
                      More assumptions. I don't have access to the help desk. Never have.

                      If your point is that the moderators make mistakes, you're right. None of us have ever denied it. But the fact that you fail to understand and/or agree with a decision doesn't mean it's one of those mistakes.
                      I can give you other examples of what any reasonable person would consider extremely harsh treatment for such trivial things (namely when i was banned).
                      You assume that "reasonable" means "thinks like you." As far as being "harsh," it can't have been all that horrible. You're still here after 3 years with the same account, despite what must be a pattern of similar behavior resulting in serial bans.


                      Paul
                      Signature
                      .
                      Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4377146].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
              Andrei,
              And that the forum doesnt take well to people bad mouthing WSO's or services offered. The reasons i can some up with is that all those WSO's get proof read and checked manually. That means that you are basically going head to head with a MOD that has already approved it.
              Actually, most of the mods have nothing to do with approving WSOs. I don't, for example.

              There are all sorts of people contributing here in all sorts of ways. I was just reminded last evening, in fact, that there is someone who moderates blog postings and removes ads and the like when she sees them. And, like most of the people who do these things here, she does it without fanfare.

              I suspect most people would be surprised at the number of people involved, and the amount of hours a day that go into keeping the place sane and useful. After all these years, it still surprises me.


              Paul
              Signature
              .
              Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376924].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author goindeep
            Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

            Hi Bill/BIG Mike,

            I remember years ago I was sitting in a pub with a work colleague having an after-work pint. Another one of our friends joined us for an after-work pint too. He explained that he only had enough money for one pint until payday, so he was determined to enjoy this one. He went and got his pint and sat down and looked at it lovingly for a few seconds.

            As he keenly went to take his first gulp, he clumsily swiped it off the table. Again, he stared at it (all over the floor) for a few seconds, before making the satisfied 'ahhhhh' sound he was planning to make after that first gulp!

            To this day, if I bump into that old work colleague and mention the other bloke's name, he cracks up laughing and recites this story.

            Did you buy him another pint?


            Or did you sell him one?

            Lolllllll
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376901].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ExRat
              Hi Andrei,

              We laughed at him for a while, pretended we had no money to the point where he almost walked disconsolately out of the door, but then finally bought him another pint.

              After which we amused ourselves in various ways by doing things like leaping into a catch position in the place where the previous pint fell every time he took a sip, or ducking for cover whenever he made any kind of movement.

              Signature


              Roger Davis

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    I agree.

    Reading this drivel is mind numbing.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Maddy
    I recently got banned too for sharing my viewpoints. I dont know why this happened? huh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
      Originally Posted by John Maddy View Post

      I recently got banned too for sharing my viewpoints. I dont know why this happened? huh
      That's a good question, since every one of your 31 posts has been made in the last 8 hours today, and they're all one-liners that don't express any viewpoint. So it wasn't your viewpoint; it must have been something else. Like, maybe, making too many useless posts in a short time frame in order to get your post count up?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375974].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
        Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

        Like, maybe, making too many useless posts in a short time frame in order to get your post count up?
        Hey, at least he's apparently doing it himself instead of using some kind of automation software.
        Signature
        "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Simply trying not to slant an offer unless it is a critique in it's own thread and you were the buyer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376409].message }}

Trending Topics