I'm finally taking action, and it feels great!

31 replies
I've been a member of this forum for a while now, and I haven't ever done anything beyond writing a few DLGuard addons. Until now! Based on Keith Kogane's thread here, I've decided to try my hand at the entire process and see if I can't get my feet wet, at the very least. I know that it may not succeed (and likely won't the first time around), but I am taking action!

I've already signed up for a HostGator reseller account (so that I can manage all of my own domains with cPanel), created my domain, and installed WordPress. I'm now in the process of installing the necessary WP plugins, finding/creating a good theme, and finding my source data and relevant affiliate programs. In other words, I'm barely getting started!

For all of those that are sitting back and not doing anything, I have three words for you: TAKE ACTION NOW! It feels so great to know that I have taken the first step toward reaching my goals. I'm not fooling myself into thinking that this will be the cash cow that I've been looking for, but I know that I will gain immeasurable knowledge in the coming weeks.

Wish me luck!
#action #affiliate #feels #finally #goals #great #take action #taking #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author BJ Min
    Make that your motto for 2009 and every year...

    ...seriously coming to WF is great...but there is a tendency for myself
    and a lot of IMers to look for more and more info...

    ...and guess what...you then get trapped in the maze of information overload
    and looking for the next greatest secret product launch trick or this or that...

    forget it...you probably know ENOUGH...you probably ALREADY know what you need to know in order to take the NEXT STEP...

    so DO THE NEXT STEP...take action...

    keep on going!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
      I couldn't agree more - I've amassed so much information, it's been nearly impossible for me to decide where to start. As I was reading that thread from Keith, I thought to myself "You know, I can easily do this!" and I decided to dust off a domain I've had for a few months and try my hand at it. I've been in the tech field since I got my first computer at 13, so the technical "wizardry" behind the method is anything but. This is a method that I would recommend anyone try, due to it's simplicity and potential outcome.

      Thanks for the encouragement - here's to 2009!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daddyg
    It's the best way of learning too. As much as these forums are great for picking up tips and advice, nothing beats actually taking action and monitoring the results.

    My new year resolution is to create atleast one piece of content each working day. I'm the world's worst procrastinator so time to become more disciplined!
    Signature

    Graham Cox (a.k.a Daddyg)

    What would an increase of 249.84% in your email subscriber list be worth to you?
    Grab your copy of Ultimate Footer Ad NOW

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Learnanew
    Good for you mate! I know how it feels to soak up all that info yet not do anything about it, let's have a great 2009. ;]
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
      Well done Scott, but with your skillsets, the only surprise here is how long is taken you to take the leap.

      Good Luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389912].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Coverdale
      Well done Scott!

      Good on you for taking action, a LOT of people don't get that far. You will learn more from your first campaign than any e-book could ever teach you. If it doesn't turn out to be a huge cash cow then the next time around will be easier and quicker and you will have some tricks up your sleave from this experience.

      Make sure you write everything down as you go so you can keep track of what works and what doesn't. In the end you will end up with your own SUCCESSFUL blueprint and a proven plan to follow.

      Your on your way to making something happen and it will be exciting for you.

      I wish you all the success.

      Mark
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juhi908
    Wish You All the Best Scott .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GreenEyes
    I'm finally taking action too...although you can't tell by looking at my site. It's still the same generic one I got for free. But I am in the process of learning Article Marketing and am in the process I gearing up to change my site over to Web 2.0, WP when I'm ready to start adding the content etc...

    It really does feel good to know that at least I have a chance by doing something. Because if we don't do something then we can be sure that NOTHING will happen.

    I read somewhere recently (not sure where) If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat!

    Cheers!
    Signature
    Mirza
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[389986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alan50
    Good luck. Nothing feels better than the taste of success... go for it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390186].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joanne Greco
      Hey Scott - Good luck!! It's like that song from Santa Claus Is Coming To Town;

      Put one foot in front of the other
      And soon you'll be walking cross the floor
      Put one foot in front of the other
      And soon you'll be walking out the door.

      You never will get where you're going
      If you never get up on your feet
      Come on! There's a good tail wind blowing
      A fast walking man is hard to beat!

      Put one foot in front of the other
      And soon you'll be walking cross the floor
      Put one foot in front of the other
      And soon you'll be walking out the door.

      If you want to change your direction
      If you're time of life is at hand
      Well don't be the rule -- be the exception
      A good way to start is to stand.


      (I have Christmas movies stuck in my head from this last month)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390476].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Don Wright
        Good deal Scott,

        One of the main differences between successful people and failures is failures never take action. So many people spend all of their time getting ready to get ready.

        There comes a time to pull the trigger and it's good to see that you have arrived.

        Always remember failure is never permanent unless you give up. Never Give Up!

        Be Great Today,

        Don
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390610].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
          Originally Posted by Don Wright View Post

          Always remember failure is never permanent unless you give up. Never Give Up!
          That's going in my favorite quotes box Thanks for the words of encouragement!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390688].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
        Originally Posted by daddyg View Post

        It's the best way of learning too. As much as these forums are great for picking up tips and advice, nothing beats actually taking action and monitoring the results.

        My new year resolution is to create atleast one piece of content each working day. I'm the world's worst procrastinator so time to become more disciplined!
        I couldn't agree with you more - there is SO much information available here that it's all too easy to become burdened with information. Good luck on your resolution - I'll join you in it!

        Originally Posted by Learnanew View Post

        Good for you mate! I know how it feels to soak up all that info yet not do anything about it, let's have a great 2009. ;]
        Thank! I truly believe that 2009 will be my best year yet!

        Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

        Well done Scott, but with your skillsets, the only surprise here is how long is taken you to take the leap.

        Good Luck
        You know, I've actually wondered that same thing. I own a software company and that has taken a fair amount of my time. However, my main software package is to the point now that it basically runs itself (minus signing up new customers, which I don't mind doing ) so I finally have the time to work on my IM ideas. It's about time, I say!

        Originally Posted by dooly26 View Post

        Well done Scott!

        Good on you for taking action, a LOT of people don't get that far. You will learn more from your first campaign than any e-book could ever teach you. If it doesn't turn out to be a huge cash cow then the next time around will be easier and quicker and you will have some tricks up your sleave from this experience.

        Make sure you write everything down as you go so you can keep track of what works and what doesn't. In the end you will end up with your own SUCCESSFUL blueprint and a proven plan to follow.

        Your on your way to making something happen and it will be exciting for you.

        I wish you all the success.

        Mark
        Thank you very much! I've been taking extensive notes about what I'm doing so that I can hopefully tweak Keith's process and make it my own.

        Originally Posted by juhi908 View Post

        Wish You All the Best Scott .
        Thanks!

        Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post

        I'm finally taking action too...although you can't tell by looking at my site. It's still the same generic one I got for free. But I am in the process of learning Article Marketing and am in the process I gearing up to change my site over to Web 2.0, WP when I'm ready to start adding the content etc...

        It really does feel good to know that at least I have a chance by doing something. Because if we don't do something then we can be sure that NOTHING will happen.

        I read somewhere recently (not sure where) If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat!

        Cheers!
        haha, what a great quote, and it's very true. Congrats on taking action - you've gone over the hurdle that many can't seem to go over. Let's make 2009 the best year so far!

        Originally Posted by Alan50 View Post

        Good luck. Nothing feels better than the taste of success... go for it!
        Thanks! I'm hoping to feel that soon

        Originally Posted by Joanne Greco View Post

        Hey Scott - Good luck!! It's like that song from Santa Claus Is Coming To Town;

        *song trimmed for brevity*
        What a great song, and how very true. My favorite line is "You will never get where you're going if you never get up on your feet" - as I (and a million others) have said, taking action is the first step to getting where you're going. You're only cheating yourself if you don't at least try.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evelyn B.
    Scott,

    Good on you! Just a friendly reminder to add WP Backup to your wordpress plugins list and back your blog up on a scheduled basis.

    Watch out 'cause all of this massive action causes you to take even more massive action and before you know it, stuff starts really happening! ;-)

    Best wishes!
    Signature

    Contact me for Above Average SEO web content creation services.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390630].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SAHM4ever
      I was thinking the same thing Scott-
      I recently followed a program that didn't work and so I got discouraged. I am still a newbie, but I did learn a few things. I keep getting stuck "researching" and not doing.

      I will never know what works until I try. Thanks for some motivation. I'm going to go work instead of just read.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Evelyn B. View Post

      Scott,

      Good on you! Just a friendly reminder to add WP Backup to your wordpress plugins list and back your blog up on a scheduled basis.

      Watch out 'cause all of this massive action causes you to take even more massive action and before you know it, stuff starts really happening! ;-)

      Best wishes!
      I'll make sure to use WP Backup - thanks for that tip and your words of encouragement. What portions of the blog does it backup?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
    I found the hardest part is getting started.

    Once you start to do some work, do a little everyday, it becomes repetitious, and becomes a habit..

    Taking every small step and creating a SYSTEM for yourself is important.

    Its said that 94% of businesses fail because of lack of system.
    Signature

    "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
    "


    "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
      Originally Posted by MaskedMarketer View Post

      I found the hardest part is getting started.

      Once you start to do some work, do a little everyday, it becomes repetitious, and becomes a habit..

      Taking every small step and creating a SYSTEM for yourself is important.

      Its said that 94% of businesses fail because of lack of system.
      I wholeheartedly agree. I think that what a lot of people fail to remember is that IM is a business like any other business, and every business must have a business plan. Without it, you have no direction.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yuri12
    Well done man, action is the seed of greatness!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390735].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kat Bartone
      That's awesome, Scott. I took up Colleen Slater's blog challenge and have actually been getting some stuff done, so I know how great it feels to be feeling pumped.

      I'm happy for you - congrats!

      - Kat
      Signature

      Your search for the perfect WordPress theme is over. Here it is.

      Coming soon: Compelling Content from the PLR Article Wizard

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickVN
    It is so easy to read, research, look at all this information right in front of us. The toughest part is to truly take action and follow through, its not just what we do today, its what we will do tomorrow and so on that actually allows us to achieve the desired result.

    "If you don't change what you are doing today, all of your tomorrow's will look like yesterday." - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Carpenter
    That's a fantastic quote Rick, thanks for that. I'm sitting at work right now trying to focus, but all that I can think about is how much I want to take the next steps on my new project
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[390829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Johnnyboy83
    It feels good taking action especially when I know that Ive been procrastinating for way to long on something that I should have done months ago.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[391230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikeman
    Nice man....keep the snowball rolling, don't let up and the high won't end :>
    Signature

    Follow along day to day as I log my progress to a full-time online income: http://mikeiser.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[392087].message }}
  • Great Job Scott! Lots of luck to you and yours in 2009.
    Signature

    Generating Revenue since 2000, what are you waiting on?
    http://www.internet-affiliate-programs.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[392105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elevated42
      Great Post, well done Scott

      Couldn't agree more that it really does feel good to be taking action. It feels bad when you know this, have done it and then stop for whatever reason, so like written above ... Never Give Up.


      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[392140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamDW
    grats to you man! making money now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[392215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Headhunting55
    Good for you, Scott!

    I think what you have done in kind of "announcing your intentions to the universe" is a positive step in itself. You're on the right track!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[392278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lina08
    Yup, Law of Attraction.
    Congrats Scott and will definitely take up on your advice! 2009 is the year!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[393209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jessica Lynn
    Congrats on taking the hardest step, Scott!

    Isn't it great that you got it over with and are already noticing the benefit it has on your state of mind and productivity levels?

    Keep up the good work!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[393431].message }}

Trending Topics