Let me start with a short story:
I purchased 3 very successful WSO's that sell you the fantasy of a 5 figure monthly "auto pilot" paycheck. The premise was buy cheap plr, change the title, subtitle and change the cover image, upload it to kindle and watch the $$$ flow into your bank account!
I managed to upload about 20 of them to kindle and I actually made a few sales.
I thought "now its time to scale it up and hire someone else to upload them for me". About a day or two later I received an email from kindle that the titles I uploaded are either similar or hardly different then a million other e-books on kindle that are EXACTLY the same.
I contacted some people on the WF and the responses I got were amazing!
Most of the people were happy that kindle is closing the doors to spammers while others were angry at me for spamming kindle.
I felt really bad and lets say I learnt my lesson. I decided to stop.
Today I received another email from kindle that they are completely erasing ALL of the PLR crap I uploaded to kindle and to tell you the truth I don't care.
Because I'm not spending my time on fantasies others are selling me.
Believe me the people that flaunted their 5,000$ checks aren't making that money anymore! If kindle is killing my ebooks they are killing theirs too. and if it didn't happen yet rest assured, they will eventually get to them!
In conclusion a Short list of things to think about BEFORE you purchase a WSO of the day about kindle (especially the older ones out there).
- Write your own ebooks - You could write 30 pages of content and you have a 100% unique book that will sell and you could be proud of!
- Don't upload PLR to kindle. Instead spend some time rewriting it and making it unique and high quality.
- Don't just upload random stuff to kindle believing it will stick. Research the best sellers and create amazing competitive ebooks that will compete with the big boys. you may just hit the top 100 or even top 10!
- Less is more: Selling 1,000 copies a month of 10 different books is better than 1,000 copies of 100 crappy ebooks that will be refunded because they are duplicate or low quality content.
- In the long run Kindle will eventually erase your crap so why waste time uploading it in the first place?
- Kindle isn't a place to make fast and easy money. It doesn't mean it can't be fun, just bear in mind that it takes time and real dedication to make it work!
- Don't be a sucker of empty promises. Be smart and think if the info you are getting is solid and not another way to spam kindle
Have a great day and learn from my mistakes!