No Product Will Ever Make You Money

23 replies
I know this has been said many times but I still see posts here all the time like:

- "Please tell me of a WSO that actually made you money"
- "How much money did that product make you?"
- "I just bought that product, hopefully it makes me money"

The truth is, no product will ever make you money. You can't simply press the order button and start making money. Pulling out your credit card is not taking action. There is no magic bullet, no push button cash machine, no free lunch, no Santa Claus, and no Tooth Fairy.

People have a need to point the finger at the product for their lack of success. They want to pass on the responsibility for their failures, but the fact is - nobody is responsible for you making money but YOU.

There are many many ways to earn money and they all work IF you make them work. You will find success stories with all of the strategies being taught and they all have one thing in common - execution of a plan and persistent action. Until you accept this fact, you will never succeed.
#make #money #product
  • Profile picture of the author hendrata
    hehehehe agree with you Ron..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andybeveridge
    So right Ron. It took me ages to realise that I'd spent a couple of years buying and learning. Then building platforms, then some more learning.

    At some point you have to create and take action if you are going to succeed.

    Still I am a little disappointed to hear about no Santa.
    Signature

    Become a Digi Warrior and join us in the successful Dig Warrior IM Academy
    Join us at www.digiwarrior.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    While I agree for the most part...it really is hard to say that they all work....

    As a consumer, and, having the unfortunate/fortunate priviledge to read many a product. There are differences in what actually will work, and, products that don't have enough information to make it work.

    Product creators are quick to sell you copy that makes your mouth water, but, that's where it end.

    You basically have to figure things out for yourself which makes it difficult to give most purveyors of products full credit for making your life a better one.

    I guess the lesson is don't believe what you read, and, realize you'll probably need more knowledge then the product creator claims.

    I see questions like:

    How much investment I need to make this method work?

    Answer: $10 and you'll make $3000 a month, or, your money back in 30 days.

    LIES!!!!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rapidscc
    Ron, from the point of view of most product creators, some products will make them money

    Yes folks, there's no magic button.

    If there's one it will be the button that can push you to action.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    You can't simply press the order button and start making money.
    A whole lotta products in the ClickBank marketplace says you can.


    Oh, wait, that's press the order button and make someone else money.

    Nevermind.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      But...but...they promised. I just looked at the first page of WSOs and I can make $4-600/day or $10k-25k/month or up to $103,000.

      If I buy all ten of them, I could be rich. Do you mean I can earn even more at Clickbank????
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world -
      but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Gordon
    I agree. There's no magic overnight system that will make you money. I personally host a couple of products myself in some other forums, and I had over 300 customers, 20 of them made $1K+, but most of them say, "it's too much work", or "I didn't know it was going to be this complicated". Excuses, excuses, you have to work in order to make money online. Nothing happens randomly, everything happens because of a reason.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372869].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dkbrown
      Originally Posted by Ben Gordon View Post

      I agree. There's no magic overnight system that will make you money. I personally host a couple of products myself in some other forums, and I had over 300 customers, 20 of them made $1K+, but most of them say, "it's too much work", or "I didn't know it was going to be this complicated". Excuses, excuses, you have to work in order to make money online. Nothing happens randomly, everything happens because of a reason.
      Usually it's people who buy people and then the product. If were on line and do not connect with people as ourselves then who's going to want to buy from us? Products are everywhere! If I buy a product most likely it's because I like the person who's selling it & I want to product/service because it fills a need of mine.

      No magic pill here people ... just like everything else in life we have to work at it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DesignFan
        I agree with the OP. There are too many people that would hoard wso's and always be on the lookout for the next shiny thing. But I think the guys that are actually successful are ones that stick with a system and have tunnel vision towards everything else for a while. I used to be one of those paralysis by analysis guys but I have decided on a system I like and will be going all in on it! No more hanging out in the wso board
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373032].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
          While the premise "No Product Will Ever Make You Money" is inherently true in the fact that you would need to apply the teachings, principles or algorithms of the product to make money, it's helpful to note that many products do fulfill a massive need.

          That need is the overwhelming reality that buying those products satisfies the desire to 'move forward'. Satisfaction being more important than actually moving forward.

          It's helpful to note because if anyone finds themselves in the trap of buying products under the mistaken belief that the mere act alone will produce positive results they need to reevaluate their motives for buying such products.

          The distinction between the application of new knowledge (work) and the aquiring of new knowledge for the sake of feeling like one is moving forward is easily blurred. To many, the latter is far more satisfying than the former.

          There is a reason good sales letters focus on emotional triggers over rational reasons to buy a given product and that's because almost all buying decisions are emotionally based.

          To anyone who finds themselves in the loop of buying product after product only to find they are still looking for the next product here's a good exercise to do...

          Focus on and understand your emotional state while you are reading a sales page and clearly define the feelings you are going through. Do the same once you hit the 'buy button'. What you are likely to find is that the feeling of anticipation is strong.

          But understand that it's entirely possible to train your brain to crave that feeling of anticipation and that's where the danger sets in. Because the emotional state you feel while anticipation is running the show quickly evaporates. So your brain starts in search of the next high almost immediately leaving the product you just bought to collect digital dust on your hard drive.

          Learn to recognize this pattern and if the feeling of 'moving forward' is simply satisfied and aligned with a 'purchase' then you need to break this pattern before it breaks you. Because it will drain your wallet and sap your energies over time if you let it.

          So ask yourself this question..."How did I feel after my last product purchase?"

          If the answer is "I went from feeling like I was moving forward to feeling like I needed to keep reading sales letters", then if you are honest with yourself you will see you have created a spiral habit that needs to be broken.

          Because as Ron rightly pointed out..."The truth is, no product will ever make you money. You can't simply press the order button and start making money. Pulling out your credit card is not taking action. "

          ~Bill
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373238].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Piper Anderson
            Most products will work IF you apply their instructions precisely....no improvising. Look at them as instruction manuals for making money, and follow them to the letter (the only exception is if the information is re-hashed, out of date PLR for methods that are no longer viable in internet marketing....you want to get products with fresh, up-to-date information from someone who has used what they're teaching, and used it RECENTLY). I HAVE, in fact, made money from several WSOs that I've purchased, or perhaps I should say I've made money from following what they teach. The products themselves did not make money for me. It was my own efforts in following the instructions in the WSO to the letter that brought in the cash.

            That said, not every WSO or other money making product will resonate with everyone. What made money for someone may be able to do the same for you, but the business model may not be something that feels like a good "fit" to you. Everyone is different in what works for them personally based on what they're good at and what they enjoy. So if one product doesn't resonate with you as something you'd like to do, don't automatically assume it can't make you money. It may very well make money for someone else who it DOES resonate with. You just need to move on to something that fits with you and your strengths, then follow the blueprint to the letter and be focused on it. You'll be surprised at the results you'll probably get from doing just this.

            And yes, there is no push-button solution to making money, at least not that I've found (it's the proverbial internet "fountain of youth"). If there was, I'd be all over it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373284].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author theory expert
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Piper Anderson View Post


              That said, not every WSO or other money making product will resonate with everyone. What made money for someone may be able to do the same for you, but the business model may not be something that feels like a good "fit" to you. Everyone is different in what works for them personally based on what they're good at and what they enjoy. So if one product doesn't resonate with you as something you'd like to do, don't automatically assume it can't make you money. It may very well make money for someone else who it DOES resonate with. You just need to move on to something that fits with you and your strengths, then follow the blueprint to the letter and be focused on it. You'll be surprised at the results you'll probably get from doing just this.
              As one member said you got to kiss a lot of frogs. (is this just a womans metaphor or can I use it too :confused: )
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MateHegedus
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paul wolfe
      Ron

      Totally agree with you - are you advocating not buying products that might help with the learning curve though? (Because there ARE some products out there that can help you - IF you supply the hard work over time).



      Paul
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    I know this has been said many times but I still see posts here all the time like:

    - "Please tell me of a WSO that actually made you money"

    - "How much money did that product make you?"
    - "I just bought that product, hopefully it makes me money"

    The truth is, no product will ever make you money. You can't simply press the order button and start making money. Pulling out your credit card is not taking action. There is no magic bullet, no push button cash machine, no free lunch,
    no Santa Claus, and no Tooth Fairy...
    Totally agree, People, no matter how many times you tell them the truth,
    they still think there is a Holy IM Grail that if only they can find it their
    problems would be solved.

    Are you sure about the Santa and Tooth Fairy thing? I hope that was just
    a Type-O...

    Great Reminder,
    Have a Great Day!
    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4372905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Hey Ron,

    So you're telling me this new keyword software I just bought isn't going to make me $10,000 k more a month by just pressing a button? Gosh darnit!

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rossmore
    Ain't that the truth....Well said Ron!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4374957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roosevelt
    I kind of agree with your point, you certainly can learn a lot from a specific product or a method. But if your will is not strong enough or you think making money online is only one hour of work and you're set for life, then you're living in a dream world. You certainly can learn and make money from a product but you have to take the time to make a habit out of whatever the product is trying to teach you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glenbuckingham
    wow no product will make you money? thats a great way to pep me up.maybe i should just keep hauling gas 9000 gallons a load 6 loads a day 70 hours a week all for a boss i hate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    I know this has been said many times but I still see posts here all the time like:

    - "Please tell me of a WSO that actually made you money"
    - "How much money did that product make you?"
    - "I just bought that product, hopefully it makes me money"

    The truth is, no product will ever make you money. You can't simply press the order button and start making money. Pulling out your credit card is not taking action. There is no magic bullet, no push button cash machine, no free lunch, no Santa Claus, and no Tooth Fairy.

    People have a need to point the finger at the product for their lack of success. They want to pass on the responsibility for their failures, but the fact is - nobody is responsible for you making money but YOU.

    There are many many ways to earn money and they all work IF you make them work. You will find success stories with all of the strategies being taught and they all have one thing in common - execution of a plan and persistent action. Until you accept this fact, you will never succeed.
    You hit it out of the ball park again Ronny boy!

    Too many newbie warriors are looking to get the holy grail, when there is no holy grail there to grab. I mean seriously. If there was an instant secret to making money online every man and their dog would be doing it!!!

    The best way to make money is to follow these three steps.

    1) Learn some money making tactics

    2) Take action

    3) Then take more action

    Stick to one thing and dont stop till you make some money using it.

    Once you find something that works small scale, ream it out to FULLSCALE by outsourcing it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

    There is no magic bullet, no push button cash machine, no free lunch, no Santa Claus, and no Tooth Fairy.
    Whew - thank goodness the magic beans still work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Targeted Traffic
    Promises...promises...that is exactly where most people jump off the train to success, they don't want to do the work or read the books to gain the knowledge needed to make money in internet marketing. They will buy the products and keep buying and try it out and when the money does not pour in they are on to the next product never giving the system or product time to succeed.Eventually, you will have to realize and accept that it will take some time and GREAT hard work on your part.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4375884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sompo
    no product will ever make you money but there is still many IM selling their own product...confused>
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4376170].message }}

Trending Topics