Just wondering: is it possible with Wordpress to insert many POSTS into a single PAGE?

by sam770
11 replies
Guys,
I have a wordpress question:
I am Just wondering: is it possible to insert many POSTS into a PAGE?
I dont mean to create a page then add links on it to posts...
I am talking about creating a wordpress page, posts, then "merge" the posts into the page, so that when people visit the page they will see the summary of each posts one after the other... is that possible ?
#insert #page #posts #single #wondering #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Now, if you just could explain WHY do you need this... it might be easier to answer.
    E.g. what would be the criteria of "selecting" the posts to be displayed?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sam770
      No specific criteria! I would love to have them sorted by date, 10 recent posts, then paging at the bottom of the page.
      Maybe there is a plugin that does just that?

      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Now, if you just could explain WHY do you need this... it might be easier to answer.
      E.g. what would be the criteria of "selecting" the posts to be displayed?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Isn't the frontpage of any standard WP installation doing just that? - showing the most recent 10 posts & paging at the bottom if you have more than 10.

    That's why I don't get your question...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sam770
      You are right BUT...
      The reason I asked my question is simply because I am using a static page as WP main page! So, I still want to display the "standard" WP posts flow but when the user go into a specific page, and not in the homepage.
      I hope that now my question is more clear

      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Isn't the frontpage of any standard WP installation doing just that? - showing the most recent 10 posts & paging at the bottom if you have more than 10.

      That's why I don't get your question...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373187].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shannon Herod
      I use this method all the time inside of my membership site.

      Basically, what I do is I create a page and then using the Headway Theme I can apply filters so it shows posts based on whatever criteria I specify.

      However, I do not know if there is a plug-in that does it. However, I can assure you that the Headway Theme allows you to do exactly what you're looking for.

      Talk soon,

      Shannon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373191].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sam770
        Thx Shannon,
        Sounds like a nice idea but due to some reasons I must use the "twenty eleven" theme (its the default theme for the current wp version)!
        Any Idea's?...

        Originally Posted by Shannon Herod View Post

        I use this method all the time inside of my membership site.

        Basically, what I do is I create a page and then using the Headway Theme I can apply filters so it shows posts based on whatever criteria I specify.

        However, I do not know if there is a plug-in that does it. However, I can assure you that the Headway Theme allows you to do exactly what you're looking for.

        Talk soon,

        Shannon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Yeah... it's just about learning the basics

    When you set up a static frontpage you MUST have already created an empty Page that you will select as "posts page" at the same time.

    Done. No need to re-invent the wheel, just learn the tool you are using.

    EDIT. Shannon, you are over-complicating it for him. He just needs to use the features already there in WP.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373202].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sam770
      Istvan,I dont understand you,
      I just saw my "all pages" screen and there is NO other page but the homepage (or as you call it "FrontPage") and contact us page...


      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Yeah... it's just about learning the basics

      When you set up a static frontpage you MUST have already created an empty Page that you will select as "posts page" at the same time.

      Done. No need to re-invent the wheel, just learn the tool you are using.

      EDIT. Shannon, you are over-complicating it for him. He just needs to use the features already there in WP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373223].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
        Originally Posted by sam770 View Post

        The reason I asked my question is simply because I am using a static page as WP main page! So, I still want to display the "standard" WP posts flow but when the user go into a specific page, and not in the homepage.
        I hope that now my question is more clear
        In other words you went into wp-admin > Settings > Reading and selected ONE Page as your frontpage... and you didn't even look at the other dropdown option below it. Right? Yes!


        Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

        When you set up a static frontpage you MUST have already created an empty Page that you will select as "posts page" at the same time.
        Did you do this step at least now?... since you missed it during the initial setup...


        Originally Posted by sam770 View Post

        Istvan,I dont understand you,
        I just saw my "all pages" screen and there is NO other page but the homepage (or as you call it "FrontPage") and contact us page...
        Read my post again.
        YOU create a new Page, give whatever title you want AND do NOT add any content. Publish.

        Then go back to your settings...

        Which part is soooo complicated?
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    No need for more ideas... just read my reply above
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sam770
    OK, I just saw that, thanks a lot!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4373262].message }}

Trending Topics