1. Find a product to promote - clickbank will do
2. Spend at least 2 days reading forums on the Niche your product is in. This is purely to give you a good idea of what the market wants, it puts you in-sync with your market.
3. Create a squeeze page to collect visitors' email addresses. Use a professional auto responder like Aweber or GetResponse. Use articles for the follow up emails and call it a "mini series/course" and as the "BAIT" for the squeeze page.
4. Make sure your auto responder articles include links to your affiliate link of the clickbank product your are promoting
5. Make your "Thank you page" your affiliate link...so once a customer signs up to your list they are automatically redirected to your affiliate link
6. Find AT LEAST 10 other list owners promoting similar products or even the same product you are promoting.
7. Contact these 10 list owners, and get each of them to send out an email to their list promoting YOUR squeeze page...You can pay them to do this, or offer them a link building service or article writing service etc...
Your list grows AND you see some clickbank commissions...
Only GOAL of this phase is to expand your email list...
Use the money you earned form phase 1 and drive as much traffic as possible to your SQUEEZE PAGE - this builds your list.
Make use of Article Marketing, Videos, Web 2.0, Media Buys, SoloMainlings, 2nt tier PPC etc etc..
At this stage you would have been promoting the product for a while...and you should have a great understanding of the product you are selling (And its market)
This is the point where you create your own product. Make sure your product is bigger and better than the existing product you are promoting. Promote your new product to your list...AND you will gain clickbank affiliates promoting your product.