12 replies
i just brought 20 article, am thinking if i should send them to ezine or post them on my blog. Which do you think will drive more traffic?
#blog #ezine
  • Profile picture of the author minornet
    you should send them to high profile website related to your niche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4417756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
    Originally Posted by krestup View Post

    i just brought 20 article, am thinking if i should send them to ezine or post them on my blog. Which do you think will drive more traffic?
    By "ezine", I assume you're referring to EzineArticles?

    Do both. Publish them and await indexation on your own site, then submit them to EzineArticles.

    The preferred situation, of course, is to have them ranking highly in your own sites, not in an article directory like EZA which will see much of your would-be traffic diverted away by their AdSense/advertising and other distractions.

    If your articles are of really good quality, it's possible that they'll be syndicated, in time, to others' sites from EZA, which can result in better quality backlinks to your own site and the potential for targeted referral-traffic. You can also send your articles directly to other webmasters of relevant websites in the hope of achieving the same. But this is only likely to lead to a successful outcome if your articles are of excellent quality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4417849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dee Odus
    DO BOTH.

    I disagree with writer above.

    First publish them to ezinearticles because they are very particular about unique articles. Then after the articles have been approved you should re-write them heavily and then add it to your website. This is what I do in my business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4417886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
      Originally Posted by Dee Odus View Post

      First publish them to ezinearticles because they are very particular about unique articles.
      I'm afraid you're just factually mistaken, Dee.

      EzineArticles don't and never did require unique articles. Have a slow read of their Terms of Service, Editorial Guidelines, Blog and so on. Not only do they not prohibit non-unique articles, they openly invite and encourage authors to submit their existing, pre-published articles to them.

      They even had a Wordpress plugin available, until recently, to aid with the submission of people's already published articles to their directory. If they only wanted unique content, they wouldn't very well have made this plugin available, would they?

      The only requirement in relation to submitting pre-published/non-unique articles is that they are submitted under the same author-name as anywhere else they're published, for copyright reasons.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4417913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Dee Odus View Post

      First publish them to ezinearticles because they are very particular about unique articles.
      This is completely wrong.

      For all the reasons explained by so many successful article marketers in this thread, it's very important, for your own site's long-term SEO, to publish your articles and have them indexed on your own site first, before submitting them to EZA (or anywhere else).

      In the introductory email series that EZA sends out to all new authors who register there, they specifically invite the submission there of any articles previously published on the authors' own sites.

      They also do the same thing on their blog.

      As you can see from this thread, people can register there as authors, submit 10 previously-published blog-posts and immediately get to "Platinum" status.

      EZA also has (or had until recently) a special Wordpress plug-in, produced (free of charge) for their authors, to enable people to post articles on their own blogs and at the same time submit them to EZA for approval for subsequent publication there.

      Like hundreds of other article marketers, all my EZA articles (and that's over 1,400 now) were published elsewhere (some of them even in several places), prior to EZA submission.

      Immediately after Google's recent algorithm change, EZA held an open discussion on their blog, in which they (briefly) raised the possibility of for the first time not accepting content previously published elsewhere. Predictably enough, many of their top authors more or less said "We obviously won't be submitting to your directory any more, if you do that", and they very rapidly recanted the suggestion and announced that they wouldn't, after all, change their policy in this regard.

      To describe them as "particular about unique articles" really couldn't be much more misleading, I'm afraid. As Michael wisely comments above, it's just factually mistaken.

      Originally Posted by krestup View Post

      Which do you think will drive more traffic?
      It's not as simple as "which will drive more traffic", Krestup.

      You also have to think about where you're driving that traffic.

      "I have a 25% click-through rate at Ezine Articles" is another way of saying "I lose 75% of my traffic at Ezine Articles".

      It's important, in the long run, to make sure that when a potential customer finds one of your articles by putting one of its keywords into a search engine, the copy of the article he finds is the one on your own site, not the one in an article directory, otherwise you lose most of the traffic. Fortunately, with article directories having been hammered so much by Google's recent algorithm change (the so-called "Panda update"), this is very easy to do.

      It would make very little sense indeed to give an article directory the initial indexation rights to any of your articles. There's no point in giving a directory "unique content": you can lose by doing this, but in the long run you can never gain from it (when compared with the alternative).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by Dee Odus View Post

      DO BOTH.

      I disagree with writer above.

      First publish them to ezinearticles because they are very particular about unique articles. Then after the articles have been approved you should re-write them heavily and then add it to your website. This is what I do in my business.
      Sorry Dee, Mike (Direstraits) is spot on and you're not, I'm afraid.

      I'm not going to go into detail, Alexa and Mike have already said it and if I repeat it I may well be the millionth person to have done so. However if you'd like to keep doing lots of work to help out EZA, go for it chap.

      Incidentally, why give the article to EZA then rewrite it heavily? If it's going to be rewritten "heavily" then you have 2 almost different articles.

      Either way, they should both be indexed on your site first. You're trying to build up your business Dee, not Chris Knights.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alantay
    Ezine or Blog.

    In fact, I did both like what DireStraits mentioned. However I was afraid because I was posting my not so popular article to ezine. Now I got a firm answer that Ezine does not need a unique one, hence I will proudly submit. But the poor thing here is, Ezine approval will take like a week :S
    Signature

    Alan Tay

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
        Alexa, Michael, Richard - I've got a better idea

        This same question must appear in a new thread at least once a week. Please, for the sake of all of us doing it the correct way, stop giving your good, time tested, time proven advice. From now on, leave it to those who've got it all wrong to advise. That, in turn will leave us free to quietly continue doing it the right way and reaping the benefits from Google "love".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dee Odus
    @DireStraits, Alexa Smith, Richard Van

    thanks guys, we all learn something new everyday, i have over 400 articles with EZA and all these while i have assumed they require unique articles :-(
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krestup
    thank you all for this information. I never knew ezinearticle accepts article on my blog, i should go ahead and post them on my blog before sending them to directory.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4418470].message }}

Trending Topics