Money From ClickBank?

60 replies
hi,

is someone is still making money from selling those digital information products?

is selling clickbank products is still working? any of you guys making money out of it?


i thinking about maybe doing it. want to know if its profitable.
#clickbank #money
  • Profile picture of the author aneel90
    I guess the problem with Clickbank Products is too many people are doing it, you need to be creative in the ways that you are going promote these products. Do something that a hundred other people aren't already doing. You can still definitely make money as an affiliate of clickbank, how do you think all the guys looking for affiliates are making money?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422967].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author natykuty
      Exactly dont know weather is working or not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author metalice
      Originally Posted by aneel90 View Post

      You can still definitely make money as an affiliate, how do you think all those people are making money?

      so you aren't making money out of it? ... that what i wanted to see, if people will say that other people are making money. beacuse everyone thinks the other is making money and actually no one is making money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422975].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by metalice View Post

        so you aren't making money out of it? ... that what i wanted to see, if people will say that other people are making money. beacuse everyone thinks the other is making money and actually no one is making money.
        Nonsense.

        I make a very good sum of money, far more than I ever earned in a job just from selling CB products (no make money online ones though). It's just one part of my business but it does very well. I also sell Amazon, CJ and Share a sale products.

        I also know a number of people that do the same.

        Just because you don't make money and you don't know anyone that does, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

        I've never won the national lottery and I don't know anyone that has. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423017].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author metalice
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          Nonsense.

          I make a very good sum of money, far more than I ever earned in a job just from selling CB products (no make money online ones though). It's just one part of my business but it does very well. I also sell Amazon, CJ and Share a sale products.

          I also know a number of people that do the same.

          Just because you don't make money and you don't know anyone that does, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

          I've never won the national lottery and I don't know anyone that has. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though.
          u getting me wrong. I'm not saying its not possible. I'm just wondering if all CB products have so many people promoting them, if there is still big profit or its a daily consisting "war" to sell those products with a very low profit. because of the massive competition
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423077].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dark witness
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          Nonsense.

          I make a very good sum of money, far more than I ever earned in a job just from selling CB products (no make money online ones though). It's just one part of my business but it does very well. I also sell Amazon, CJ and Share a sale products.

          I also know a number of people that do the same.

          Just because you don't make money and you don't know anyone that does, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

          I've never won the national lottery and I don't know anyone that has. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though.
          I won the national lottery...infact I have one it more then once... Ok ok, it was only for £10 and £22 but hay.. at least you can say you know someone who has one something:p

          To the OP, I also made good money from clickbank. it is harder now because of competition and it's not as easy to use traffic like facebook or adwords, but it can be done and is still being done by some. I made my money through paid advertising at the time with adwords, my account got shut down which is why I stopped. if anyone could make a review website for blog rank for the same sort of keywords etc then they would no doubt make the same sort of money.

          In case you are wondering, I made about $1600 in 2 weeks.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423200].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          Nonsense.

          I make a very good sum of money, far more than I ever earned in a job just from selling CB products (no make money online ones though). It's just one part of my business but it does very well. I also sell Amazon, CJ and Share a sale products.

          I also know a number of people that do the same.

          Just because you don't make money and you don't know anyone that does, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

          I've never won the national lottery and I don't know anyone that has. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though.
          Spot on . Very good points indeed.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4428452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author serena85
    If you are just snaking an answer if Clickbank work or not the answer is yes it works but you will make very few bucks with it.
    Signature

    A way to promote a blog is to submit blog to BlogsAvenue.Com and another site for blog submission is BlogrollCenter.Com.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422983].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author metalice
      Originally Posted by serena85 View Post

      If you are just snaking an answer if Clickbank work or not the answer is yes it works but you will make very few bucks with it.
      why is that? so what is better? physical products?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Yes, it is definitely possible and I am doing it successfully!

    HP
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RellGins
    You can't just throw a landing page up and expect people to buy CB products.. they have to trust you as a person and you need to be sure you're not trying to sell them CRAP. If you can figure that out, you can make money with CB. I do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by RellGins View Post

      You can't just throw a landing page up and expect people to buy CB products.. they have to trust you as a person and you need to be sure you're not trying to sell them CRAP. If you can figure that out, you can make money with CB. I do.
      I've been selling CB products for just over 5 years. If you want to know the best thing that happenned to me with this and it was looking at just one of Alexa Smiths posts about how she picks her products.

      In the last year I have increased my earnings significantly from following her advice. I don't have it to hand but it's spot on and if she's here later she might post a link to it.

      The main thing is that it's a strategy, not some "ooh I'm a member of CB now, so all I need to do, is to send any old traffic to the offer page and I'll make my $100 a day".

      This is all wrong.

      The key I've found with CB is to pre sell them before they get near the sales page and relentlessly build a list and follow up with them. I also avoid high gravity products. I'll have a look for Alexas post but as someone that's used it a profitted from it, it's well worth it.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
    Originally Posted by metalice View Post

    u getting me wrong. I'm not saying its not possible. I'm just wondering if all CB products have so many people promoting them, if there is still big profit or its a daily consisting "war" to sell those products with a very low profit. because of the massive competition

    Fair point.

    I don't target things that are massively competitive. Make money online is very competitive as no doubt is weight loss, get my ex back etc etc etc. It amazes me why people go for these when there are so many great products with very little competition.

    Just avoid the "massive competition".

    efurnitureshowroom - yeah its a good CPA tool. but i never tried this, learn this from some friends
    No you certainly haven't tried it, if you had you'd know it wasn't a CPA tool. Good luck getting that furniture link in as many posts as possible though. :rolleyes:

    Dark Witness - it is harder now because of competition
    The key I've found to succeeding on CB is to have a strategy for product selection. I don't go for massively competitive products. I don't have huge amounts of competition.

    Well done on your lottery wins too!
    Signature

    Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author metalice
    strategy for product selection - well i think everyone have it. its start from a product and looking into keywords, and selecting the right keywords.

    you cant just take get your ex back and start promoting it without a very good keyword research. if you have luck maybe youll find 1 or 2 good keywords in this niche and they wont be easy to get to the top also.

    about gravity , as i know the amount of gravity a product have is not how much sell he mades , is how much diffrent affilates is successfuly selling it. am i wrong?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423753].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by metalice View Post

      strategy for product selection - well i think everyone have it. its start from a product and looking into keywords, and selecting the right keywords.

      you cant just take get your ex back and start promoting it without a very good keyword research. if you have luck maybe youll find 1 or 2 good keywords in this niche and they wont be easy to get to the top also.

      about gravity , as i know the amount of gravity a product have is not how much sell he mades , is how much diffrent affilates is successfuly selling it. am i wrong?
      Ok. This is how the strategy works but you really need to see the page Alexa did that I'm talking about.

      I don't always find the product first either, sometimes I find a market then look for products to sell. It's a bit deeper too. I don't even bother with get your ex back and the like. Why would I with so much stuff to promote that has nowhere near that level of competition? This is why I disagreed with you at the start. There are tonnes of things on CB to promote, with extremely hungry crowds, with excellent payouts and very little competition - The reason being because so many mugs want to promote MMO, get your ex back and whatever other monstrously competitive niche that everyone else is promoting.

      Gravity is quite complicated and I'm probably not the best to explain it. Again I learned what I know from Alexa. Either way before I learned this stuff I picked high gravity products because that's what others recommended. Now I avoid anything above 25-30. Preferably much lower.

      I also don't touch anything with one time offers, sign up lists, overly hypey copy, as seen on TV etc. I analyse the sales letter and put myself in the mind of the customer - Does the sales letter flow? Does it entice me to move forward? What would I sign up to if there was a sign up form? (for the purpose of my pre sell page).

      One thing I always do is to buy the product and make sure it's up to scratch, is it worth it? Would I be satisfied? I also contact the owner of the product and get to know them. This is also important because if they don't respond to me as an affiliate, then their customer service is likely to be useless to.

      Like I said, this is what I learned from Alexa who does extremely well with CB products and everything I've said above is directly from what I've learned from her.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tris
      Originally Posted by metalice View Post

      strategy for product selection - well i think everyone have it. its start from a product and looking into keywords, and selecting the right keywords.

      you cant just take get your ex back and start promoting it without a very good keyword research. if you have luck maybe youll find 1 or 2 good keywords in this niche and they wont be easy to get to the top also.

      about gravity , as i know the amount of gravity a product have is not how much sell he mades , is how much diffrent affilates is successfuly selling it. am i wrong?
      It's complicated and you're not wron.. Well yea, actually you're pretty wrong. :p

      Gravity is not so simple. It is based on affiliate sales, but slowly declines on a sliding scale over an 8 week period. One affiliate can only provide 1 point to gravity score, regardless of the number of sales.

      But I think the point made by Richard was that he selects quality products with low competition in 'other' niches.

      I know this works, and it works well because most 'new online marketers' (the masses) that just discovered IM go straight for a niche like "make money online" or "lose weight" or promote Travis's "get your ex back" or some crp like that...

      When in reality there is infinite industries you could be looking in to. Once you decide to venture into a non-mainstream niche, you'll find you're literally drowning in a sea of opportunity
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4423982].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        There are many of us here making our full-time livings by promoting ClickBank products as affiliates.

        As with anything else, there's a learning-curve involved, of course.

        Thanks very much for your kind comments above, Richard. I think these are the two posts you mention ...

        This post explains how "gravity" works.

        And this posts suggests guidelines for selecting products to promote.

        However you look at it, selling ClickBank products for a living boils down to three main things ...

        (i) You have to select the products wisely: without getting this part right, it doesn't much matter what else you do;

        (ii) You have to pre-sell effectively to well-targeted traffic;

        (iii) You have to build a list and form relationships with the people on it, so that they'll buy on the strength of your recommendation.

        These things aren't optional: you really do need to do all three of them, otherwise you're probably chasing 10% of the possible money and ignoring the other 90%. There's a huge turnover of ClickBank affiliate marketers trying other ways and mostly not being too successful, but I think the above is pretty typical of those who make steady money from it.

        You don't necessarily have to be an article marketer to become successful with it: that's just one way of generating a lot of targeted traffic, but there are other ways, too. However, the key concept is that people generally buy ClickBank products because they trust someone's recommendation. They buy on the strength of your relationship with them, built through your website and especially through your autoresponder emails to your list subscribers. This is what the business is about, in a nutshell.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424354].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by Tris View Post

        I know this works, and it works well because most 'new online marketers' (the masses) that just discovered IM go straight for a niche like "make money online" or "lose weight" or promote Travis's "get your ex back" or some crp like that...

        When in reality there is infinite industries you could be looking in to. Once you decide to venture into a non-mainstream niche, you'll find you're literally drowning in a sea of opportunity
        Spot on there Tris.

        In fact I looked through CB earlier and there were about 5 pages of get your ex back products. The fact that people actually seriously consider promoting these online is beyond me. What's amazing is most people that do this are new.

        You're also completely right about the opportunities. I found a niche last week that'd I'd never heard of. The product was new with 0 gravity. I did some research and the competition was minimal, the top 3 spots could easily be overwhelmed. When I looked at the amount of searches it got I was shocked.

        The opportunities on CB are huge if you're just prepared to follow a criteria and think out side the box.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424364].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          I looked through CB earlier and there were about 5 pages of get your ex back products. The fact that people actually seriously consider promoting these online is beyond me.
          I have never understood this at all. On any level. (Nor have I tried it ). But I suppose the fact that there are so many of those products must mean that some people are buying some of them? (They can't all be affiliates buying one copy each through their own hoplinks, can they? Though that does, of course, boost gravities enormously). It's a market I don't pretend to understand at all.

          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          What's amazing is most people that do this are new.
          I suppose it's arguably a slight improvement on "making money online" or "internet marketing advice", which are the niches with which so many people - typically with absolutely no experience at all of making money online or of internet marketing - unaccountably (and misguidedly) decide to start. :rolleyes:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424402].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            (They can't all be affiliates buying one copy each through their own hoplinks, can they? Though that does, of course, boost gravities enormously). It's a market I don't pretend to understand at all.
            What's really amazing is that if people feel overwhelmed with the IM info they take in and there are some 5+ pages of get your ex back on CB, how overwhelmed would you be if you actually searched Google for that phrase, I mean, where would you start?


            I suppose it's arguably a slight improvement on "making money online" or "internet marketing advice", which are the niches with which so many people - typically with absolutely no experience at all of making money online or of internet marketing - unaccountably (and misguidedly) decide to start. :rolleyes:
            It's a huge improvement. At least from a male perspective, a lot of men will have tried to get their ex back or watched a mate try it. That makes them more qualified than selling MMO products with no MMO knowledge. :rolleyes:

            Still we live and learn. I shamelessly admit that 8 years ago I had every intention of selling MMO products until I realised I knew absolutely nothing about it and started again.
            Signature

            Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424834].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Devid Farah
          Metalice,

          i can honestly tell you that i know some people that make $30,000 per day through clickbank.

          So the answer is yes, YOU can make money from clickbank.

          You can do it selling your OWN products, or like Alexa says, you can promote ClickBank products as affiliate.

          And selling CB products will always work because there will always be marketers with BIG product launches on Clickbank. You can make money becoming their affiliate and promoting/selling their stuff.

          Based on my personal experience, I think the best(and easy) way to promote/sell CB products is having your own list of subscribers.

          Devid
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424423].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tris
            Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

            The opportunities on CB are huge if you're just prepared to follow a criteria and think out side the box.
            PLUS selling one niche product to a similar niche market... No comp there.

            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            But I suppose the fact that there are so many of those products must mean that some people are buying some of them? (They can't all be affiliates buying one copy each through their own hoplinks, can they?
            I wonder. Seriously, I'll bet some HUGE CB Gravity scores have grown this way. Just a sick mass mentality of perceived newbie hype. I even tried to work it out once with a big MMO launch. But then I think I got on with some work.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424505].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rwbovee
        There is some good advice here on making money from Clickbank. My experience is that it's a lot harder to do now than a few years ago.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4425038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Goldenboy
    Yes, there is money in Click Bank by promoting some stuff into your sites. But the challenge here is, there are "many" competitions and I would say, many of us in there. You must have to have some unique niches and try to conduct some study or just some background check regarding who would be the target for your market and what is the product that the market is known for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424379].message }}
  • If you want an idea to promote a product and where to promote it I would say solo ads via ezines or fellow warriors. You could pay $500 per mailing of 10,000+. all you need is 15 sales out of 10,000+ to break even or even make a slight profit. I would suggest you check out solo ad tycoon by mao (forgot his last name). It's a wso I read it and was pretty good.

    Hope that helps
    Signature
    Next time you're at a McDonald's Playplace and someone asks you, "Aww which one is yours?" Say, "I haven't picked one out yet..."

    Im selling 2 adwords accounts with $100 in each account for $30! $200 value! PM me only!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Clickbank works.

    Although the thing that I think a lot of people miss is that it is ONLY a network of online products.

    Sure you can promote as an affiliate and make your own products but Clickbank has very little to do with the sales process.

    At the end of the day it is all marketing:

    Find a hungry niche.

    Offer a solution that actually delivers.

    Set up a sales page that actually communicates the benefits of your product well.

    Get sales...

    You can make a lot of money from Clickbank...

    I second Richard's advice take a look at Alexa's posts about Clickbank it will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know and that has taken me years to learn!

    Also there are some tips that I picked up as well!

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelcorvin
    Yes, and doing very well. But with so many people doing it there is more competition. I would suggest developing a nice list and building a good relationship with that list. Don't shoot out a Clickbank offer every time you do a mailing. That gets annoying. Send out some free content as well. Help the people on your list. Maybe find a great article or youtube video that is relevant to your list and share it with them. Then in between the amazing content you are sending them...shoot them a relevant CB offer.

    If you build a list properly it should make you at minimum of $1 per month per subscriber.

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      If you have niche lists, promote products that best serve your subscribers. Use the criteria that Alexa and Richard have suggested for product selection. I often mine quite deeply for the true gems to promote to my lists.

      I ignore the gravity score and all the other stats completely, and often even disregard the apparent poor conversion of sales pages and affiliate marketing tools. To me product quality and relevance are ultimately the most important after going through above checklists.

      In nearly all of the non-IM niches, it seems the vendors are not marketers. That part is really your job. Gravity is very poorly understood for valuation, as some marketers are quietly pulling in small fortunes with products having low and even zero gravity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424736].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BillyBee
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        I ignore the gravity score and all the other stats completely, and often even disregard the apparent poor conversion of sales pages and affiliate marketing tools. To me product quality and relevance are ultimately the most important after going through above checklists.

        In nearly all of the non-IM niches, it seems the vendors are not marketers. That part is really your job.
        Something occurred to me after reading this . . . If copywriting is one of my strengths, is there anything stopping me from writing my own sales letter for the product and somehow having my prospect bypass the weaker version?

        This strikes me as a really good opportunity. Would also be kind of a ninja-y, backdoor way to reduce competition, or even make competition irrelevant.

        Is this something you've done before?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4427347].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

          Is this something you've done before?
          Absolutely, in fact this method was widely promoted a few years ago on the WF. And I've been doing this with almost every product I sell ever since. That's why I like the near or "zero" gravity products. With the changes in Clickbank policy, however, you must have vendors' permission for direct linking to the payment pages. None of the "zeros" probably mind at all though, because their sales pages are so crappy to begin with. But ultimately it really is your preselling and recommendations that result in the highest conversions, not just the sales pages.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4427449].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BillyBee
            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            Absolutely, in fact this method was widely promoted a few years ago. I've been doing this with almost every product I sell. That's why I like the near or "zero" gravity products. With the changes in Clickbank policy, however, you must have vendors' permission for direct linking to the payment pages. None of the "zeros" probably mind at all though, because their sales pages are so crappy to begin with.
            Yeah, that makes sense, and I'm sure few vendors (especially those at this presumably mediocre marketing level) would turn down the extra sales.

            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            However, ultimately it really is your preselling and recommendations that results in the highest conversions, not just the sales pages.
            Yes, you nailed it before in another thread when you wrote this:

            Originally Posted by myob View Post

            With experience and a few runs through the entire sequence, offers begin to transform from sounding like sales pitches to an authority figure pronouncing recommendations. In highly competitive markets, this is an enviable position to hold.
            That was so good that reading it actually made me sit up a little straighter in my chair.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4427575].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

          If copywriting is one of my strengths, is there anything stopping me from writing my own sales letter for the product and somehow having my prospect bypass the weaker version?
          No ...

          And as you can see just above, Paul does this all the time. And he earns a whole lot more than I do.

          So let me tell you why I don't do this, myself.

          The thing that stops me from doing it is my self-imposed perfectionism over writing sales pages, the time it takes me, and the fact that the ones I've done, I've been paid in the region of $3,000 for. To me, on some level, just from my own experience, that's what a sales page is "worth" and I'd work out how many products I have to sell to cover the "cost" to me of my writing my own page. And then I think "Hold on - there are other products here with sales pages I can accept without doing that". And I identify and promote those instead.

          However, I admit I spend a lot of time "identifying" them, and that's time I could be using to do what Paul does. So I can't claim my logic in this matter is necessarily entirely convincing. It just "works for me".

          One other small point: make sure that (one way or another) you're getting cookies on your prospective customers' computers, because if you simply "link to the order page", that doesn't set a cookie, so you'd be "using ClickBank" but not using their affiliate cookie system.

          Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

          This strikes me as a really good opportunity. Would also be kind of a ninja-y, backdoor way to reduce competition, or even make competition irrelevant.
          Yes, there's something in what you say.

          There's also something - if you have those skills - in becoming a copywriter instead, if you enjoy it, and doing that rather than being a ClickBank affiliate. (I made my decision, and I don't regret it, because I like the long-term upside potential and residual income this way - but it's an issue, if you can really write good sales pages).
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4427616].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BillyBee
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            The thing that stops me from doing it is my self-imposed perfectionism over writing sales pages, the time it takes me, and the fact that the ones I've done, I've been paid in the region of $3,000 for. To me, on some level, just from my own experience, that's what a sales page is "worth" and I'd work out how many products I have to sell to cover the "cost" to me of my writing my own page. And then I think "Hold on - there are other products here with sales pages I can accept without doing that". And I identify and promote those instead.

            However, I admit I spend a lot of time "identifying" them, and that's time I could be using to do what Paul does. So I can't claim my logic in this matter is necessarily entirely convincing. It just "works for me".
            That's funny . . . I can relate to this more than you know. But you've also given me something I hadn't considered in terms of weighing the time tradeoff as it relates to trolling the CB marketplace. I've written a lot of sales letters, mostly for my own products but also for clients who happened to see my other work, and I also preen those letters to the point that probably doesn't serve me so well.

            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            One other small point: make sure that (one way or another) you're getting cookies on your prospective customers' computers, because if you simply "link to the order page", that doesn't set a cookie, so you'd be "using ClickBank" but not using their affiliate cookie system.
            Sounds like a big point, actually! So just to be clear (because I'm new to the affiliate game), that means I need to make sure they've clicked on my hop link at least once, correct? I mean, is that all it takes? I realize vendors can set the cookie for certain lengths (probably a thread all by itself), but I'm just trying to understand how I would protect myself against the direct-linking dilemma you were smart to point out.

            Which brings up a really basic question, I'm afraid . . . So when you have an article out there and you have your resource box or bio or whatever, the link you use is your Clickbank hoplink, but if you want people to go to your own website instead of the merchant's site, how do you do that? You redirect it? And if so, redirecting does not alter your all-important cookie? Just trying to get my mind around the whole schematic.

            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            There's also something - if you have those skills - in becoming a copywriter instead, if you enjoy it, and doing that rather than being a ClickBank affiliate. (I made my decision, and I don't regret it, because I like the long-term upside potential and residual income this way - but it's an issue, if you can really write good sales pages).
            Yeah, I can, fortunately, but, like you, I just find it WAY more exciting to write that sales letter knowing I will get paid repeatedly instead of just once. (Although I do realize that some copywriters get paid residual for their clients.)

            For me, there's something about writing a sales letter for a client that just hangs over my head like an assignment, something with a deadline, and that leads to a sort of wooden scholastic "term paper dread," and before you know it you're violating Hemingway's rule about never approaching your writing like a ploughhorse, plodding along just to get to the finish line instead of creating magic and detonating fireworks.

            Plus, writing a sales letter with residual potential always has a delicious gamble to it. It feels like a bet. That's more exciting than punching a time clock.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4428141].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

              Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

              One other small point: make sure that (one way or another) you're getting cookies on your prospective customers' computers, because if you simply "link to the order page", that doesn't set a cookie, so you'd be "using ClickBank" but not using their affiliate cookie system.
              Which brings up a really basic question, I'm afraid . . . So when you have an article out there and you have your resource box or bio or whatever, the link you use is your Clickbank hoplink
              Never - I don't do "direct linking". This is really fundamental. I always want the traffic to go from an article to my own site. Without doing that, I can't pre-sell effectively to targeted traffic, nor can I build my list. And without doing both of those things, you can't earn a living from selling ClickBank products.

              Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

              if you want people to go to your own website instead of the merchant's site, how do you do that? You redirect it?
              I link to my site's landing page.

              All my hoplinks (which my traffic can reach either from my own site or from the emails I send out to my lists) are masked via the redirection of a .info domain-name, but this is a different matter altogether.

              Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

              And if so, redirecting does not alter your all-important cookie?
              We're talking at cross-purposes, aren't we?

              All I'm pointing out is that if at any stage you're going to re-write a product's sale page for your own use, and send your traffic from that page to the vendor's order-page, you'll need another, different, unusual (but in alignment with ClickBank's rules) way of getting a ClickBank cookie onto their computers, because sending people to the order page won't put one there. Paul may tell you how he does this. (I don't do it!).

              Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

              For me, there's something about writing a sales letter for a client that just hangs over my head like an assignment, something with a deadline, and that leads to a sort of wooden scholastic "term paper dread," and before you know it you're violating Hemingway's rule about never approaching your writing like a ploughhorse, plodding along just to get to the finish line instead of creating magic and detonating fireworks.
              I do hear you. I don't write them for clients any more, anyway. I begrudge them the time that that would take up from my own business.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4430816].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author myob
                Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                ...if at any stage you're going to re-write a product's sale page for your own use, and send your traffic from that page to the vendor's order-page, you'll need another, different, unusual (but in alignment with ClickBank's rules) way of getting a ClickBank cookie onto their computers, because sending people to the order page won't put one there. Paul may tell you how he does this. (I don't do it!).
                I've been getting PMs and emails requesting what I do to bypass the CB vendor pages and link directly to the order page. First of all, doing this is against Clickbanks's TOS, unless you get specific permission from each vendor that you are doing this. Failure to comply may lead to cancellation of your CB account. Secondly, this method does not generate a cookie, and it is specifically forbidden by Clickbank to use any cookie-stuffing technique.

                Having said this as a strong disclaimer to use this method only under the above conditions, here is a link to a post I made nearly two years ago for formatting the Clickbank payment page link:

                http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1159395

                You will find many good quality and extremely profitable products on Clickbank by perhaps ignoring much of the fluff in gravity, popularity, sales pages, and affiliate marketing tools. Buy the products that fit your niches, and put your own unique style in marketing them. Strip away all the nonsense and hype, and build your business upon the foundation of offering real value to an expanding customer base. That's my little secret to lasting success.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author metalice
    i have another question.. or two

    when the buyer gets to seller landing page

    1. the seller have popup with opt-in to his list. its not good for me right?
    2. when the seller have an exit popup with a discount its also not good right?
    3.when the seller offer a trail for a few days it is not good also right?

    alot of right in the end...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424809].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by metalice View Post

      i have another question.. or two

      when the buyer gets to seller landing page

      1. the seller have popup with opt-in to his list. its not good for me right?
      Right. Few serious affiliates will promote a product with any kind of vendor's opt-in.

      You can see us all explaining why, in this thread.

      However, some more astute vendors do also have another sales page without their opt-in, which is ok.

      Originally Posted by metalice View Post

      2. when the seller have an exit popup with a discount its also not good right?
      It's not good, but less concerning than a "leak".

      You should take the discount price as being the "actual price", though, and "budget accordingly", because few people buy at their first visit to a sales page, and once they've seen the discount, they're almost certainly not going to return and buy for the original price (if at all).

      Originally Posted by metalice View Post

      3.when the seller offer a trail for a few days it is not good also right?
      It depends how it's done. This one can be ok for the affiliate.

      If (for example) on the order page, they're paying $3.97 now and then another automated $35 a week later unless they cancel it, that's actually ok, because once their credit-card or PayPal account is processed for the first of two payments via ClickBank, the affiliate will also be credited for the second one (unless the customer does cancel it, obviously).

      But a "free trial", with nothing to pay now and the credit-card/PayPal not processed at all, with the vendor getting the customer's email address, is a "leak" just like a vendor's opt-in and for the same reason, and that's no good at all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4425072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Great thread guys
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moswebniche
    Clickbank is hard because of the competition and though you can still make money you have to really work hard.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4424936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by metalice View Post

    is selling clickbank products is still working?
    That's like asking if any products that use Paypal as their payment processor are still working. Clickbank is just a payment processor and affiliate network at the end of the day.

    The only thing that will determine whether a product sells well or not is the quality of that individual product - regardless of whether it is being sold via Clickbank, Paypal, or any other payment processor.

    The person landing on a sales page and handing over their money (ie: the customer) is not judging the product based on whether it is listed in Clickbank or not, they are making a decision based off the sales copy they read and the quality of the product they receive.

    So this question does not make sense. A good product will sell regardless of where it is listed. A sh*t product will NOT sell regardless of where it is listed. Simple.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4425136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    stick with the non popular niches.....less competition.......
    one project worked for me: find a need in your community and advertise clickbank products to it. it is offline and it does work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4428499].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Onora Oz
      Originally Posted by tristatemedia View Post

      stick with the non popular niches.....less competition.......
      one project worked for me: find a need in your community and advertise clickbank products to it. it is offline and it does work.
      I say the opposite: Go for the popular niches. I have the "where is competition, there is money" mindset. And I'm happy I'm like that
      But sometimes I try the non popular too, just to see what color it is in and around there.

      And, I agree with the "marketing CB products locally" plan. It works great depending on your area's needs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433966].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BillyBee
        Originally Posted by Onora Oz View Post

        I agree with the "marketing CB products locally" plan. It works great depending on your area's needs.
        How would you do this exactly? Are you talking about offline or online? Would like to hear more about this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433989].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by Onora Oz View Post

          I agree with the "marketing CB products locally" plan. It works great depending on your area's needs.

          Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

          How would you do this exactly? Are you talking about offline or online? Would like to hear more about this.
          Don't limit CB promotions to just online. Almost all non-IM products can be sold by newspaper classified ads, post cards, flyers, articles in niche magazines, radio advertising, and even on bumper stickers and T-shirts. Some products may have better conversions through offline marketing, and there is much less competition.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434660].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Onora Oz
          Originally Posted by BillyBee View Post

          How would you do this exactly? Are you talking about offline or online? Would like to hear more about this.
          Hey Billy,
          Basically, I'm marketing digital products to offline crowds and lure them into my online stores. Like myob said, you shouldn't be limiting your marketing efforts. Just let people know that you have a solution for their problem.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    another comment, who ever is making money is not giving up their secrets.....which i do not blame them.
    for example: if someone sells you wso telling which clickbank product to sell, i am sure there are a 100 more that he is not telling you about......
    again, i do not blame them, it is their hard work....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4428507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by tristatemedia View Post

      ... i do not blame them, it is their hard work....
      You still do not understand. The "work" is in marketing, building your lists, establishing relationships, networking, writing articles, preselling pages, websites, and other tasks discussed in this thread and extensively throughout the forum. A mere product, in and of itself, does not produce success.

      If I were to give you a list of the 300 or so Clickbank products that have personally brought me the success I have, it would be an extreme disservice to you, because you will remain the miserable failure you are now. You will fall flat on your face trying to promote those products.

      All successful people have taken the path that failures refuse to trod. They have dreamed, planned, set goals, sacrificed, struggled, failed, fallen, got up again and again - often for years, refusing to give up, tried and tested, failed again, pushed themselves to the brink, and continued beyond exhaustion until they achieved the success of their dreams.

      The secret is not in the product; the secret is in the sauce. Search now, and go make your own sauce; you have been shown the way within this forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4428706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Many folks are still making a living from Clickbank, but what many publishers groan about is the redtape involved before they get paid, such as multiple payments from different payment processors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4431281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by dagaul101 View Post

      what many publishers groan about is the redtape involved before they get paid, such as multiple payments from different payment processors
      First, they're not called "publishers", with ClickBank. ClickBank has "vendors" and "affiliates", not "publishers"/"advertisers".

      Secondly, they're entirely uninvolved in any of the "red tape", and they don't get multiple payments from different payment processors: they get paid their own net takings weekly or two-weekly by ClickBank directly into their own bank accounts - or by check, regardless of whether their customers have paid by credit-card, and which credit-card, or by PayPal.

      You must be confusing ClickBank with something else, here, I think. Nobody's groaning about "multiple payments from different payment processors" when they don't even get those in the first place. :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4431680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Ning Lo
    CB is overrated..

    No one is making money from it.

    Don't waste your time

    Cheers,

    ~Gary
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4431378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author c4822
      This is definitely not true and far too general to say "no one is making money from it" - People are definitely making money on clickbank, I make money from clickbank every month, and so do other people I know. The people who are not making money from C/B are not sticking to it or haven't found the right product to market.

      Originally Posted by garytsang View Post

      CB is overrated..

      No one is making money from it.

      Don't waste your time

      Cheers,

      ~Gary
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sledge
    I have a blog which has a number of pages targeting Clickbank products in the health niche using Chris Rempel's "Conduit Method" that bring in sales on a regular basis.

    I have about ten pages on the first page of Google that target keywords like "Truth About Abs Review" and similar terms. This works because people have already seen the product in question and they just want to read an unbiased review that will make them purchase whatever the product is.

    This site has been bringing in regular sales for me over the past few years and I really don't do anything with this site. It doesn't make me rich but the money is very useful to pay for outsourcing, hosting and other expenses.

    The thing is I know I could make a lot more sales if I created more pages and did a lot of SEO on the site but I am too busy with other projects that make more money to do this. I will probably sell the site eventually.

    So the answer to the question is YES you can make money from Clickbank.

    Cheers

    Graham
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4431482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nnsjw702
    I think, there are many more options to jump start your earning online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4432032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Truxx
    Great thread here that is illustrative of how everything you need to succeed is right here in Warrior Forum... for free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433640].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sharingan
      They say if you promote click bank products with a list effectively, you can make a $1.00 per subscriber. But I am using adwords shelling out 35 dollars a day and only getting about 25 subscribers. Which means i'm paying $1.40 per subscriber.

      Does this mean i won't be able to profit or is it possible to make 2, 3 or even 4 dollars per subscriber promoting clickbank products. Im in the dog niche by the way promoting like 20-47 dollar products
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mado
    Well, In my opinion, CPA offers are much more profitable than selling products. I think that it is much easier to ask people to put their email address than persuading them to put their credit card info and buy a product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4433967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    I definitely think with CB products, having a list is vital.

    You can get by with CPA without a list- but most CB products won't convert high enough without building a relationship and doing some pre-selling
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434025].message }}
  • great info, thx all
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magnates
    Originally Posted by metalice View Post

    hi,

    is someone is still making money from selling those digital information products?

    is selling clickbank products is still working? any of you guys making money out of it?


    i thinking about maybe doing it. want to know if its profitable.
    very much so ... I am doing it and lots of people on this thread are as well

    I am doing it in the Im Niche ...although I think the Im is the most jaded and cautious people to sell to because they have been lied to too many times

    But even with that , if you find a quality product from someone who has INTEGRITY , you do well and earn passive income from promoting such membership programs

    Lots of people earning from clickbank . if you would do the work , you would earn too

    ~Femi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4434721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author omk
    LOL, if u only knew how profitable CB is! Those guys aren't going anywhere for a long, long time. Even if they have to change their rules a little, I think CB will always be a force in the info product sector.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4435017].message }}

Trending Topics