Here's the new process:
1. Product review requests should be posted in the Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You section.
2. All review request thread titles must start with the tag [Reviewers wanted].
3. You may ask potential reviewers to contact you via any combination of the following: Post in the thread, PM you, or send you an email. No outbound links (other than an email address) may be included in the body of the request, and you must close your thread prior to posting a WSO for the product being reviewed.
In short, don't try to use this as a pre-selling system for an upcoming WSO.
4. Product creators may put whatever qualifying criteria they wish on potential reviewers. Must have X posts, must have been a member for Y amount of time, first name must begin and end with a vowel... whatever. If you do not meet those criteria, don't ask for a review copy of the product.
5. Critiques should be sent via whatever method the product creator specifies. Don't ask for a copy if you aren't going to actually review it and provide feedback. "Cool stuff" is not feedback.
This same process may be used to find beta-testers for new sites and software.
--- End official part ----
I know this isn't perfect, but it's closer than the way we've been doing things to this point. We are not going to add a separate section for review requests, as it would quickly become a mess. Too many people will abuse any free advertising they can find in any way they can get away with, as we've been reminded in the MMO and JV sections lately.
The best way to get traffic to your requests is probably going to be a link in your signature. Please don't start posting "Look at my sig" for this.
Comments or suggestions?