Jeff Johnson banned from YouTube!

100 replies
I just saw that post from Jeff, Jeff titled it "Youtube Shut Me Down And I Don't Know Why".

I find it pretty interesting that this veteran IM "guru" couldn't understand what happened. I am not that experienced but my guess is that being related to the "make money online" business, he has been shut down.

This business has indeed bad reputation and Facebook, Google, YouTube, ... has no sympathy for the actors involved in it. These companies rely on End User satisfaction and unfortunaly the IM niche isn't too good at that. So when they get some complains, some flagged IM videos, ... they probably pull the plug pretty fast.

In this case Jeff can argue that he was providing valuable content for free and didn't sale anything but YouTube perfectly knows that Jeff will profit indirectly from it and probably at the expense of YouTube end user satisfaction.

After recognizing this issue, Jeff could argue that most people aren't indeed satisfied but only because that people aren't completing the courses and aren't committed. You can certainly blame the students. But if my business was to teach and my success rate was 10-20% with my students, I may re-evaluate my responsability and may accept YouTube ban.

Finally Jeff could argue that HIS students have 80% success rate and are happy campers. Thats 80% of people buying from his emails are satisfied as well. Thus this is unfair and shouldn't apply to him. I guess the true test would then to lock Jeff in a room for 24 hours with all his direct and indirect customers, past and present. If Jeff survives that experience and even receives accolades from the crowd, I believe Jeff ban should be lifted and apologies shall be made.

What do you think?
#banned #jeff #johnson #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author aridz
    The web owner normally got the veto power. No mercy at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      I think that even though some folks around here think he's some kind of god, he's a small fish in YouTube's pond. If they decide to clean up the mess they've made by allowing the crap they've allowed, especially by so-called "marketers", he's not big enough in their world to warrant special consideration.

      I don't remember watching Johnson's YT videos, so this is not directed at him. But I'm really getting sick of crap posted under the guise of SEO that is nothing but a scroll of a bad article, just so the SEO can put a link in the description. Same goes for a handful of screen shots interspersed with photos that ignore copyrights, with a popular song as background music (also ignoring the copyright).

      I'm sorry for JJ if he's putting up quality stuff, but when you fly with the ducks, sometimes the hunters shoot at you...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      When Google gets hit with a major defamation lawsuit this nonsense will end.

      Until then, any one not like marketing videos can run around flagging video after video getting people not just banned, but reported as scammers by Google.

      ----

      As a private company if Google does not want certain videos on its website that is its business.

      However, Google also requires everyone to enter into a contract to use the service. There is nothing in the contract, or community guidelines prohibiting the many videos that are causing Warrior accounts to be nuked.

      That could be considered fraud by Google because you are relying upon their written terms for making videos and operating a business around them, but Google is using different, secret terms against you.

      Most importantly, there is absolutely no justification for the huge notices Google has been placing telling the world that people are fraudsters and scammers.

      None. It is defamatory.

      There are prior threads about this problem.

      Oddly, I have not heard of Google banning the exact same videos, or transcriptions of the videos on other Google properties (sites, pages, knol, G+, etc.), or from its search index.

      ----

      On the other hand, to prove defamation you have to show the statement is false. In other words, that you are not a fraudster or scammer - and whatever is in video is true and, for instance, does make the typical user money.

      You know what they say ... talk is cheap (video), but can you walk the walk (prove it up)?


      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465450].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
        Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

        You know what they say ... talk is cheap (video), but can you walk the walk (prove it up)?

        I believe that's why they can get away with it. Same thing with sites like the Salty Droid. It's my understanding that if you sue for defamation or slander you open your books/business to the other parties lawyers. A lot of these top Internet marketers don't want that to happen because the truth about their business and how they make money would come out, so no one sues.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466743].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
        Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

        When Google gets hit with a major defamation lawsuit this nonsense will end.

        Until then, any one not like marketing videos can run around flagging video after video getting people not just banned, but reported as scammers by Google.
        That's a big part of it exactly - I hadn't seen this thread when I posted my own one a few moments ago...

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...s-youtube.html

        Paul Barrs
        Signature
        **********
        It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
        **********
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    He used a trademarked term in his video title, YouTube.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scarabet
      There are millions listed videos with "Youtube" in their title. That's certainly not the reason why they took him down.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      He used a trademarked term in his video title, YouTube.
      You mean like using "Google Places Zen Master" in your website title?
      Signature
      My New Video Series is Free (for now)
      Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
      Get EBR 365 Now!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4907619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    IM gurus are small-fry to Youtube and they'll shut them down as quick as they will for a newbie.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465418].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author webfighter
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      IM gurus are small-fry to Youtube and they'll shut them down as quick as they will for a newbie.
      Actually, his videos have been online for several years now. I've not seen any other IM videos on youtube with hundreds of thousands of views.

      Reminds me of the time when T.Dub Jackson's (pen name behind Magic of Making Up) videos were banned from YouTube.

      I could understand if these videos were uploaded like a couple months before. Well, I still do understand why the videos could have been banned - but the fact that they had been up there for a while now and were being used in sales funnels etc. makes me sympathize with these gurus.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465595].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scrofford
        Originally Posted by webfighter View Post

        Actually, his videos have been online for several years now. I've not seen any other IM videos on youtube with hundreds of thousands of views.

        Reminds me of the time when T.Dub Jackson's (pen name behind Magic of Making Up) videos were banned from YouTube.

        I could understand if these videos were uploaded like a couple months before. Well, I still do understand why the videos could have been banned - but the fact that they had been up there for a while now and were being used in sales funnels etc. makes me sympathize with these gurus.
        It has nothing to do with how long the videos have been on YouTube. It has everything to do with YouTube (whether right or wrong) trying to clean up the absolute crap that some scammers and slime have put up on YouTube.

        I'm not saying Jeff's stuff was crap or salesy or spam at all. But it seems that YT is targeting just about everyone in the MMO market. So while you say something has been up for a while and other videos haven't, I don't see how that has anything to do with what YT is doing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4476223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    I feel for Jeff, he shares some great stuff and his videos were quite a learning experience to say the least and I sincerely mean that in a good way!

    Mike Hill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azmanar
    Hi,

    First off, Jeff is a nice bloke, successful entrepreneur and has contributed a lot to the IM community. He is so down-to-earth that he even subscribed to my pitiful channel. It is indeed unfortunate to have the bad thing happened to him. The same thing happened to other popular personalities as well.

    Here is my opinion. We all know the big trio (Google, YouTube and PayPal) are on the war path against MMO. Since this is the case, we shouldn't wait until they strike.

    YouTube is a community building tool in various niches and MMO is no longer a part of it. This is certain.

    Again. YOUTUBE => COMMUNITY & REPUTATION BUILDING

    Therefore, we should revise the content in our channels ASAP and make it a community building tool acceptable to YouTube. The Channel Info must be revised completely as well. We can still make full use of that tool in building a reputation and getting high CTR of our links there.

    There are free and paid alternatives for hosting the videos, which can then be embedded in our own sites and Web2.0 sites. Our community members can then view them there.

    And from mainly FREE TRAFFIC as it was before PANDA, guess we have to go for a mix of FREE and PAID ones to attract our audience to the videos.

    And from solely PayPal, we ought to have back-up processors to receive payments.

    The trio no longer tolerate the ever increasing HYPESTERS and SCAMMERS. The sh_t has already hit the fan big time, so FTC is watching them even closer by the day. As they filter around, some honest people will be victimized.

    So we shouldn't wait until the trio strike, as they did to our friends.
    Signature
    === >>> Tomorrow Should Be Better Than Today

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465552].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
      Originally Posted by azmanar View Post

      We all know the big trio (Google, YouTube and PayPal) are on the war path against MMO.
      I love the irony in the above statement. Last I heard, Google, YouTube, and PayPal are three of the biggest players in MMO, and don't make money per se with offline efforts.

      Marvin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470991].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author azmanar
        Originally Posted by Marvin Johnston View Post

        I love the irony in the above statement. Last I heard, Google, YouTube, and PayPal are three of the biggest players in MMO, and don't make money per se with offline efforts.

        Marvin
        .. you're right.

        The trio can make lots of money online from all of us, yet we are being prevented from doing so on their channels.

        Oxymoronic policies rather than ironic.

        But again, we can't really blame them fully with the kind of trash, scams and hypes they have to put up, which in turn causing millions of losses to innocent users.
        Signature
        === >>> Tomorrow Should Be Better Than Today

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471063].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ~kev~
          Originally Posted by azmanar View Post

          The trio can make lots of money online from all of us, yet we are being prevented from doing so on their channels.
          Its VERY possible to make money with youtube and google, but you have to play by their rules.

          If you do not play by the rules, then your not going to get to play at all.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471083].message }}
          • Oh, now you've gone and done it, Kev -- here comes the flood of "I didn't violate any rules." And it's possible that most video removals are not explicit rule violations.

            There's one overriding principle, though, and I think it's been consistent through all of Google: Does this content provide a good user experience?

            They've never made any secret of it. Providing a good user experience is, after all, Google's brand. People will only keep using Google as long as it delivers.

            fLufF
            --
            Signature
            Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
            Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471124].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ~kev~
              Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

              Oh, now you've gone and done it, Kev -- here comes the flood of "I didn't violate any rules." And it's possible that most video removals are not explicit rule violations.
              Chances are, the people who got banned and had their videos removed did not fully read or understand the rules.

              If someone does not know the rules, they are not going to know what they did wrong to get banned.

              I received a profile warning for one of my youtube videos, and after, that I never touched that subject matter again.

              With youtube its important to:

              Read the rules
              Understand the rules
              FOLLOW THE RULES!!!!!!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471154].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
              Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post


              There's one overriding principle, though, and I think it's been consistent through all of Google: Does this content provide a good user experience?
              --
              Yes, his content was quite good actually. It was a live seminar that actually taught people something. It wasn't a promotion!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474689].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GameVoid
        Originally Posted by Marvin Johnston View Post

        I love the irony in the above statement. Last I heard, Google, YouTube, and PayPal are three of the biggest players in MMO, and don't make money per se with offline efforts.

        Marvin
        Those three sites are not peddling products such as:

        "Start YOUR OWN video sharing site and make MILLIONS!!"

        "Learn how we created our own YAHOO! killer and made 5 BILLION DOLLARS on complete AUTOPILOT. Special for War Room Only!!!"

        "I was living in a one room apartment, then I started PayPal. Learn how ONE TINY FEE out of an eBay transaction can make you rich which when you put that ONE TINY FEE into billions of eBay transactions all around the country!"
        Signature
        Professional Writing Services Content creation, article rewriting, sales pages, marketing materials and much more.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Marvin Johnston
          Originally Posted by GameVoid View Post

          Those three sites are not peddling products such as:

          "Start YOUR OWN video sharing site and make MILLIONS!!" ...
          You are talking about unethical claims rather than MMO.

          And as just one example, YouTube has been one of the major offenders of ignoring copyright concerns. Why? They make money online by allowing unauthorized copyrighted videos to be displayed.

          Another example would be eBay (oBay) in their allowing fakes to be sold until they are reported.

          The whole thing revolves around whos ox is being gored.

          Marvin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peechdogg
    I just read this and am reminded that I always need a "plan B".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wordydiva
    I also feel for Jeff, and anyone else who gets banned from a service because of competitors or a few disgruntled individuals.

    One of the problems in situations like this is that Google and other big companies are not interested in reviewing the facts or hearing from the "victim". They are more interested in keeping users happy. It is a shame because many legitimate people who get caught up in these situations have brought thousands of subscribers/users to the site.

    On a related note... I've started to notice a few of my favorite youtube channel owners have started heavily promoting "backup" channels and sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4465611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zero
    I'm sure its not such a huge loss to him. He'll bounce back. it is a great pity though - all of his videos were really delivering some really high quality content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466332].message }}
  • Honestly I didn't know what you guys were talking about, then I found this page that pretty much explains the whole thing:

    Jeff Johnson's Youtube List Building Strategy

    I'm sure many will disagree, but this looks like an egregious abuse of YouTube.

    fLufF
    --
    Signature
    Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
    Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466409].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

      Honestly I didn't know what you guys were talking about, then I found this page that pretty much explains the whole thing:

      Jeff Johnson's Youtube List Building Strategy

      I'm sure many will disagree, but this looks like an egregious abuse of YouTube.

      fLufF
      --

      He's just explaining where to put links that you are allowed to put into your descriptions and things.

      How's that abuse?

      And what about movie trailers that promote movies?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466513].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MrRSmith
        Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

        He's just explaining where to put links that you are allowed to put into your descriptions and things.

        How's that abuse?

        And what about movie trailers that promote movies?
        I haven't had a chance to see the videos yet, but it is very sad, especially since he's had the videos up for a while. Seems just when you start getting ahead, you have obstacles that stop. I just pray that he rebounds and continues his success.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Psst
    Banned
    Adwords, Adsense and now Youtube! what are we left with?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466427].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
      Originally Posted by Psst View Post

      Adwords, Adsense and now Youtube! what are we left with?
      The entire internet, to do whatever we can imagine doing with it, and of course, offline channels still make billions as well. Even if Google banned every member of this forum for life, there's no reason for any of us to get discouraged.

      Look at Jason Fladlien-he's made millions from this forum alone-no SEO, Youtube or Google ads needed, and for a few bucks, he'll show you how to do the same.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4479388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kellyburdes
    What happened to Jeff over on Youtube is just the start.

    As we speak Google is in the process of changing EVERYTHING about their SEO algorithms.

    Everything you think you know now, it will be out the window.

    Google see's searches as their main customer, they don't care about web site owners or adword's users. The majority view of the higher ups @Google is that SEO as a whole has become nothing but a big scam - so they are changing the whole system.

    Keep your eyes tuned - because if your business depends upon search Google Search results...well..when they are done you might just not have a business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
      Originally Posted by kellyburdes View Post

      .....As we speak Google is in the process of changing EVERYTHING about their SEO algorithms....

      Everything you think you know now, it will be out the window.
      You base this statement on what facts please?

      Google see's searches as their main customer, they don't care about web site owners or adword's users.
      What is Google main source of income?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470497].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
      Originally Posted by kellyburdes View Post

      Google see's searches as their main customer, they don't care about web site owners or adword's users. The majority view of the higher ups @Google is that SEO as a whole has become nothing but a big scam - so they are changing the whole system.
      No offense, but this made me laugh.

      Let me ask you one thing - if Google doesn't care about Adwords, how else do you think Google makes money from the bulk of their search results?
      Signature
      Want to speed up your writing and save time?
      This book will show you how:
      --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470780].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author K Smith
      Originally Posted by kellyburdes View Post

      What happened to Jeff over on Youtube is just the start.

      As we speak Google is in the process of changing EVERYTHING about their SEO algorithms.

      Everything you think you know now, it will be out the window.

      Google see's searches as their main customer, they don't care about web site owners or adword's users. The majority view of the higher ups @Google is that SEO as a whole has become nothing but a big scam - so they are changing the whole system.

      Keep your eyes tuned - because if your business depends upon search Google Search results...well..when they are done you might just not have a business.
      Google IS interested in what most all other companies are: the bottom line.
      Q4 Financial Highlights

      Revenues - Google reported revenues of $8.44 billion in the fourth quarter of 2010, representing a 26% increase over fourth quarter 2009 revenues of $6.67 billion. Google reports its revenues, consistent with GAAP, on a gross basis without deducting TAC.
      Google Sites Revenues - Google-owned sites generated revenues of $5.67 billion, or 67% of total revenues, in the fourth quarter of 2010. This represents a 28% increase over fourth quarter 2009 revenues of $4.42 billion.
      Google Network Revenues - Google's partner sites generated revenues, through AdSense programs, of $2.50 billion, or 30% of total revenues, in the fourth quarter of 2010. This represents a 22% increase from fourth quarter 2009 network revenues of $2.04 billion.
      International Revenues - Revenues from outside of the United States totaled $4.38 billion, representing 52% of total revenues in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to 52% in the third quarter of 2010 and 53% in the fourth quarter of 2009. Excluding gains related to our foreign exchange risk management program, had foreign exchange rates remained constant from the third quarter of 2010 through the fourth quarter of 2010, our revenues in the fourth quarter of 2010 would have been $201 million lower. Excluding gains related to our foreign exchange risk management program, had foreign exchange rates remained constant from the fourth quarter of 2009 through the fourth quarter of 2010, our revenues in the fourth quarter of 2010 would have been $132 million higher.
      • Revenues from the United Kingdom totaled $878 million, representing 10% of revenues in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to 12% in the fourth quarter of 2009.
      • In the fourth quarter of 2010, we recognized a benefit of $25 million to revenues through our foreign exchange risk management program, compared to $8 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
      Paid Clicks - Aggregate paid clicks, which include clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of our AdSense partners, increased approximately 18% over the fourth quarter of 2009 and increased approximately 11% over the third quarter of 2010.
      Cost-Per-Click - Average cost-per-click, which includes clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of our AdSense partners, increased approximately 5% over the fourth quarter of 2009 and increased approximately 4% over the third quarter of 2010.
      TAC - Traffic Acquisition Costs, the portion of revenues shared with Google's partners, increased to $2.07 billion in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to TAC of $1.72 billion in the fourth quarter of 2009. TAC as a percentage of advertising revenues was 25% in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to 27% in the fourth quarter of 2009.
      The majority of TAC is related to amounts ultimately paid to our AdSense partners, which totaled $1.74 billion in the fourth quarter of 2010. TAC also includes amounts ultimately paid to certain distribution partners and others who direct traffic to our website, which totaled $333 million in the fourth quarter of 2010.

      Snipped from Google Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2010 Results and Management Changes - Google Investor Relations


      Google will do what is needed to increase the bottom line and keep investors and private interest(s) happy. It's the American way!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steadyon
    Originally Posted by scarabet View Post


    Re: Jeff Johnson banned from YouTube!

    What do you think?


    More relevant to me, is that he has been banned from my email inbox
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex.Fields
    A lot of people are being banned by youtube these days. it seems that they changed policies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    I actually quite like what Jeff has to say but my colleague who told me about this said there was a really good post on the video comments.

    It was by a lady with 10 years IM experience who was pretty much accusing him of being part of (my words) 'a cartel' involved who inflated prices and simply promoted each other. Which you probably can't argue... I just don't know any of the legal side to it... which is daft in this day n' age!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
      Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

      I actually quite like what Jeff has to say but my colleague who told me about this said there was a really good post on the video comments.

      It was by a lady with 10 years IM experience who was pretty much accusing him of being part of (my words) 'a cartel' involved who inflated prices and simply promoted each other.
      That vicious, paranoid price fixing accusation originated at the site of mean spirited, whining, hating losers-"salty droid", for whom everyone who's ever had any success is scum, worthy of their insults and hate. (Are you sure you didn't subconsciously borrow the word "cartel" from the "droid"-because that's the word they used for what you described-applied to Kern, Reese, etc?)

      I spent a few hours once, reading the garbage on that site, and listening to the "evidence" they base their asinine accusations on-in the case you speak of, a scratchy tape of the gurus, "conspiring". The only reason I don't regret it is because now I know what to tell anyone who ever brings them up as a source of information-you're better off getting advice from the contents of the plastic bag you took on your dog walk.

      As far as I'm concerned, being hated and accused of awful deeds by them is a sign that you've probably done something worthwhile. We should all hope to be in that esteemed company. Every prominent Warrior is a target of their abuse, along with the likes of Tony Robbins, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4479490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cartesian
      Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

      I actually quite like what Jeff has to say but my colleague who told me about this said there was a really good post on the video comments.

      It was by a lady with 10 years IM experience who was pretty much accusing him of being part of (my words) 'a cartel' involved who inflated prices and simply promoted each other. Which you probably can't argue... I just don't know any of the legal side to it... which is daft in this day n' age!
      That's a fact of life! Did you see the size of the US debt? Is anyone afraid of gazillions?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4905888].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Calvin
        Unfortunately, I have to agree with the sentiment that as repulsive as the situation appears to be, if you are going to stay in somebody's house, you have to play by their rules. Even if those rules are arbitrary and make no logical sense.

        I am quite certain that if you go look it up, you will find Franz Kafka and George Orwell on the Google/Youtube board of directors.

        Calvin
        Signature
        Coming Aug. 1, 2015 - I will pay you for talking to me on the phone.

        Stay Tuned.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4906132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
    And the winner of the most speculative thread goes to...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ajona
    For reasons like this I prefer to stay away from attaching my earnings to 3rd party sites. They can shut you down in no time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471098].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmaster1742
    google often ban people for nothing, maybe something wrong with his adsense account connected with his youtube one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author woodymcgrath
    Jeff is a great guy and I love his educational videos. However, I'm aware that YouTube has been cracking down on M.M.O videos. And they seem to be happy to remove videos if someone reports it. I've started noticing this since a couple of months ago.
    Signature
    Make an easy *$45* commission per sale... Promote a $67 product with 22% conversions!

    BIG $$$ with TedsWoodworking.com - *16,000* Woodworking Plans - Click For Affiliate Tools

    Other products: Ideas4Landscaping Landscaping Ideas - Landscaping Design
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    No idea who he is, and I doubt Youtube does either. Very, very few people are above getting banned on Youtube. Celebrities, maybe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by scarabet View Post

    In this case Jeff can argue that he was providing valuable content for free and didn't sale anything but YouTube perfectly knows that Jeff will profit indirectly from it
    Exactly. At the end of the day the videos are there to help build his brand and make him more money. If they were not there to make him money then why make such a big deal? The videos are in a touchy niche that we know everyone is cracking down on at the moment, so be it.

    Youtube don't care how many views your video has had or who Jeff Johnson is.

    Move on I say. There are people starving in some countries and you're going to moan because your Youtube account got closed. Seriously?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Hocking
      Google can and does what it wants.

      I disagree with banning adwords, adsense and youtube because the rules change and leaving no path to correcting the issues and getting the account unbanned.

      The truth is they have grown so big that most of us do not matter to them.

      I think that attitude will be there ultimate downfall. When they have angered enough people, I believe the socially connected world rebel against it. Time will tell.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471556].message }}
    • Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      Move on I say. There are people starving in some countries and you're going to moan because your Youtube account got closed. Seriously?!
      I'd never heard of this guy. Now I have.

      I'm guessing he's going to milk it for all it is worth.

      fLufF
      --
      Signature
      Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
      Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4471752].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

        I'd never heard of this guy. Now I have.

        I'm guessing he's going to milk it for all it is worth.

        fLufF
        --
        Wouldn't you??? Seriously, if you got a whole slew of publicity what would you do with it... sit home, lock the door and eat Cheetos scarred you did something wrong? Or would you try and use it to your advantage because you know you didn't do anything wrong.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kellyburdes
      Well if it's a substantial part of your business you probably would moan about it, and with cause.


      Relatively speaking obviously the child's situation is worse, that doesn't mean that this doesn't still potentially suck for JJ and his bottom line.


      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      Move on I say. There are people starving in some countries and you're going to moan because your Youtube account got closed. Seriously?!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472137].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by kellyburdes View Post

        Well if it's a substantial part of your business you probably would moan about it, and with cause.
        Yes. However the problem with that is Jeff is saying he was not trying to sell anything and it is simply a video giving away free information. If that were indeed the case and he didn't set to benefit in any way by having those videos on Youtube then he wouldn't be so fazed by it. The fact is although free information is being given away, they are still helping to build his brand and ultimately push more of his gear.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474175].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post



      Move on I say. There are people starving in some countries and you're going to moan because your Youtube account got closed. Seriously?!
      Move on is good advice, and compassion for people who suffer a possibly preventable tragic fate is admirable, but this line of reasoning is unlikely to be followed by anyone.

      Does this mean you would never complain about anything you don't think is fair, short of people starving? You'd be a saint if that were the case.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4476019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doot
    Yes of course if a huge source of traffic to my websites was shut down I'd be mad about it especially if it was a source that i had gotten traffic from for years then they decide that my content isn't worthy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blillard
    What you do in the dark shall shine in the light.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472400].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Psst View Post

      Adwords, Adsense and now Youtube! what are we left with?
      Bing, Yahoo, and a huge list of other video sharing sites.

      Adwords is not the only place to put your money into paid advertising.

      Adsense is not the only place to grab ads for your sites.

      Youtube is not the only place to put your videos up.

      It's kinda funny and sad at the same time but if all of Google was to disappear by tomorrow a lot of people would be in a really bad place over night.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472546].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Marty S
        I think Youtube banned him because Jeff has a somewhat irritating, monotone delivery that prevents viewers from reaching the end of his videos before they are rendered unconscious.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472698].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author trelli
          Originally Posted by Marty S View Post

          I think Youtube banned him because Jeff has a somewhat irritating, monotone delivery that prevents viewers from reaching the end of his videos before they are rendered unconscious.
          This made me LOL, then I saw who created the post, and it all made perfect sense Great to see you here Turtleknife! Maybe you could give him some pointers (like how to beat JJ) Personally I like Jeff, however I kind of have a 3minute rule... If I have to listen to more than 3 minutes of anyone bragging about how much money they have made (ah la rich schefren) that is my que to find something better to do. I do agree that the big G has gotten so enormous they will ban any one, for anything, without blinking an eye.
          Nothing would make me happier, than if some how, one day that was in fact their downfall.. One does not have to look too incredibly far back to remember when yahoo was king of the hill.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4975647].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
          Originally Posted by Marty S View Post

          I think Youtube banned him because Jeff has a somewhat irritating, monotone delivery that prevents viewers from reaching the end of his videos before they are rendered unconscious.
          bahaha, I think people don't mind that too much because he brings results - at least he has in the past.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5139198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrandyM
    I put up one training video on youtube that got 9400 views and some how google loves that and asked me to join in their revenue sharing program. I really didn't think I should have the opportunity to make money on the videos that I add on YouTube.

    The thing about this is Jeff will figure out why he was banned and in the future will have a product to sell about his experience. There's always a way to profit out of things like this happening. He'll find a way to exploit it.

    If you don't push the bar then you never get ahead of the game. Next time he will have all his video's backed up somewhere other than YouTube. When he remakes all these videos at least they might be relevant to today and not tired stuff from 3 years ago.

    Just my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4472514].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MrRSmith
      Originally Posted by loyaltytoday View Post

      I put up one training video on youtube that got 9400 views and some how google loves that and asked me to join in their revenue sharing program. I really didn't think I should have the opportunity to make money on the videos that I add on YouTube.

      The thing about this is Jeff will figure out why he was banned and in the future will have a product to sell about his experience. There's always a way to profit out of things like this happening. He'll find a way to exploit it.

      If you don't push the bar then you never get ahead of the game. Next time he will have all his video's backed up somewhere other than YouTube. When he remakes all these videos at least they might be relevant to today and not tired stuff from 3 years ago.

      Just my 2 cents.
      Pushing the bar is what helps drive innovation...good point indeed.
      =0)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4473490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrRSmith
    Very true. A lot of times it's what we do in those dark times or times of uncertainty that really brings out our true character and capabilities.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4473482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SKWeaver
    This is happening to lots of Internet marketers. I've read several other posts on this form where well-known marketers have had their YT accounts shut down without notice. The common thread seems to be their involvement in them "make money" niche, using the keyword "make money" in their tags, etc. If the "Big G" don't like you... you're toast.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonthewebmaster
    Banned
    Originally Posted by scarabet View Post

    I just saw that post from Jeff, Jeff titled it "Youtube Shut Me Down And I Don't Know Why".

    I find it pretty interesting that this veteran IM "guru" couldn't understand what happened. I am not that experienced but my guess is that being related to the "make money online" business, he has been shut down.

    This business has indeed bad reputation and Facebook, Google, YouTube, ... has no sympathy for the actors involved in it. These companies rely on End User satisfaction and unfortunaly the IM niche isn't too good at that. So when they get some complains, some flagged IM videos, ... they probably pull the plug pretty fast.

    In this case Jeff can argue that he was providing valuable content for free and didn't sale anything but YouTube perfectly knows that Jeff will profit indirectly from it and probably at the expense of YouTube end user satisfaction.

    After recognizing this issue, Jeff could argue that most people aren't indeed satisfied but only because that people aren't completing the courses and aren't committed. You can certainly blame the students. But if my business was to teach and my success rate was 10-20% with my students, I may re-evaluate my responsability and may accept YouTube ban.

    Finally Jeff could argue that HIS students have 80% success rate and are happy campers. Thats 80% of people buying from his emails are satisfied as well. Thus this is unfair and shouldn't apply to him. I guess the true test would then to lock Jeff in a room for 24 hours with all his direct and indirect customers, past and present. If Jeff survives that experience and even receives accolades from the crowd, I believe Jeff ban should be lifted and apologies shall be made.

    What do you think?
    Jeff's videos are very informative and whether he has "secondary benefits" from those videos or not is BESIDES THE POINT. Correct me if I am wrong, but YouTube does not have a rule against "getting a secondary benefit as a result of an informative video"

    The fact is that his videos are NOT spam, nor are they SALESY. The only reason YouTube could have mistakenly banned Jeff is because he is targeting keywords in his videos that are related to the IM niche.

    Unfortunately, Google and Youtube are such bitches, and have such huge numbers of users, that they could not possibly afford to weed out videos based on the actual content.

    This is why it makes no sense that he was banned - because nobody at YouTube or Google actually took the time to review the videos before banning him.

    YouTube did not ban the videos based on the content, but based on the keywords, and probably had an automated system do it, which is why ALOT of people are getting banned without real cause, only because they used the wrong keywords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474317].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yankforlife41
      Originally Posted by jasonthewebmaster View Post

      Jeff's videos are very informative and whether he has "secondary benefits" from those videos or not is BESIDES THE POINT. Correct me if I am wrong, but YouTube does not have a rule against "getting a secondary benefit as a result of an informative video"

      The fact is that his videos are NOT spam, nor are they SALESY. The only reason YouTube could have mistakenly banned Jeff is because he is targeting keywords in his videos that are related to the IM niche.

      Unfortunately, Google and Youtube are such bitches, and have such huge numbers of users, that they could not possibly afford to weed out videos based on the actual content.

      This is why it makes no sense that he was banned - because nobody at YouTube or Google actually took the time to review the videos before banning him.

      YouTube did not ban the videos based on the content, but based on the keywords, and probably had an automated system do it, which is why ALOT of people are getting banned without real cause, only because they used the wrong keywords.
      Agree here, not enough of time in the day for people to be going through the videos.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4474364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dotgirish
    Google is ruling the internet - for the time being . So no questions asked and no answers send .. Just obey ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4475939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Targeted Traffic
    Here's what YouTube said to his termination email:

    ("you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts.")

    The man is highly experienced in his field yet has not one bit of an idea as to why he was banned...

    This just proves the hard reality that if you aren't in the power, submission is the only choice...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4475999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imdomination
    Yeah, I've heard quite a few stories about MMO accounts being shut down. I guess it's a case of getting rid of all of them en masse without worrying about the 10 or so legit accounts in a sea of 1000 spammy ones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4476233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rsberg
    First it was his Adsense account and now YouTube shut him down....


    Coming from someone who has purchased a few of his products in the past (only to be disappointed), one where he basically just left 3000+ people hanging when he lost his Adsesne acct. I can honestly say...what comes around goes around! In reality though it's not like losing his YouTube account will mean he's done in IM, not if he's smart anyway.

    This isn't "bashing" so don't take it that way but if you're the kind of marketer that builds your business by letting some of your loyal customers flop in the wind shortly after you've gotten their money then you probably deserve it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4476259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
    Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

    But making claims, as so many marketers do, that you can transform your life and get rich thanks to a particular program or book when you know full well that 99% of your readers won't and then just blaming them after for having no discipline is a charlatan's game.
    If 1% of your readers do what you say and get rich, it seems to me that indicates there's a good chance that it's a fair, honest claim that you CAN get rich, although the other 99% don't. We are humans-most of us plagued with negative programing and self-doubt, and humans probably buy grand plans and fantasize 100x as much as they follow through.

    While it isn't appropriate to blame students for not producing results, I think it is even more inappropriate to blame their teachers. It's quite appropriate, even helpful, to point out that it's all about mindset, and producing results gets 100x easier once you decide you're good enough, and start powering through your obstacles.

    I think the FTC went too far in the ridiculous requirement to state the average person's results, since we all know the average person doesn't even read the material they buy from cover to cover, let alone follow the steps. I don't know how they would even gather the data-and even if they could, that average could change every day, making a lie of the previous day's claims.

    I understand what they were trying to do, but it wouldn't be meaningful unless it was an average of the people who follow all the way through-giving it their best shot. Obviously there's no way to know who does that.

    Maybe they ought to just make teachers say: "If you are the average person, you'll buy this with high hopes, but get scared or discouraged at some point short of success, and set it aside, occasionally beating yourself up for not following through, continuing the brutal cycle of self-sabotage. Sadly, the average person is weighed down with so much negative self-talk before even ordering the product, that consistently following any program that might lead to wealth is nearly impossible."

    I'm not saying there aren't dishonest marketers-the world is full of them, but there are lots of honest ones, and it isn't fair to paint them all with the same brush, just because most of their students fail. Most people fail at most things. That doesn't mean their teachers are bad-maybe they need a personal coach in the same room with them, forcing them to power through when the pull to play video games, watch tv, or drink is strongest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4479303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
      Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

      Dude you must be kidding me. You think it's OK to sell a product where only 1% of your customers will be successful??

      It reminds me of most smoking cessation methods. The quit success rates are all quoted on a 6-month time horizon.

      Why? Because if the stats are measured over a longer period comparable to remaining lifetime (let's call it 20 to 30 years) then hardly anyone quits using these methods at all. Perhaps 2 or 3 per cent are successful.

      These products and services are a total scam and yet supported and promoted by government and of course, private vested interests.

      Complete and total scams - can you imagine if they had big red letters saying (success rate=3%). Nobody would buy them. So they just omit the information instead.

      On the other hand, the only decent quit method out there is known as the "Allen Carr" method. Thankfully, he is now well know but his material was suppressed for a long, long time.



      I don't see how you can say it is more inappropriate to blame the teacher than the student. The teacher is plying something for a profit that they know will succeed only in exceptional circumstances. That's a scam operation if ever I saw one!

      Selling a service is OK. Selling a specific, fully detailed technique is OK. But selling the usual vague method with lots of BS/hyped up monetary claims is not.

      Plus I can't see your objection to the stating of average results. No ethical businessman would have a problem with quoting average customer results. Be transparent and let your customers know what to expect. Why hide anything?

      I can see your points, but I have a different point of view, and I'm not speaking as one who makes money teaching others to make money, but as one who has purchased an embarrassing number of products teaching me, very few of which I followed through on. I know some of them weren't great, but others were, and I take 100% of the responsibility.

      I'm not saying there aren't scams and unethical marketers, nor that I think the FTC should sit on their thumbs and not try to protect people from scammers.

      What I am saying is that, when someone buys your MMO info-product, no matter how great it is, humans being what they are, a tiny percent will ever do something. How I can say it's inappropriate to blame the teacher is that the teacher can't change the fact that only a minority even read what they buy, so no matter how great the product, most people will fail to make money.

      If the product is bad, and teaches something that doesn't work, then the teacher is to blame, but otherwise they aren't. That seems like logic to me, rather than an outrageous statement.

      I have more than one problem with forcing people to state the average results if they use testimonials. For starters, I think it imposes a nearly impossible burden on the vender.

      I don't even know how they would ever determine the average results, since people who buy products have no obligation to report their results back, and even if they did, the vender wouldn't know if the report was accurate. Researching your customers' results could turn into a far bigger job than creating the product in the first place.

      What if people reported inaccurately? Would the vendor possibly face a penalty for reporting what s/he honestly believed, based on customer feedback? Even in the relatively tight, high-touch community we have in the WF, hardly anyone posting in WSO threads ever reports actual earnings, and if they did, you wouldn't know if they were being truthful-people like to build themselves up, and are often embarrassed if they didn't do as well as they think they should have.

      Then there's the problem of change over time-would you have to report a new average every day, every month, or every year, as new results came in? It just seems impractical to me, but if you don't agree, no problem; I'm just telling you what I think. There has to be a better way to discourage scammers.

      Oh yes, one more reason: I think part of the job of the teacher is to inspire action. It seems counter productive to set up an expectation of failure, just because the average person doesn't follow through.

      I do like what some marketers chose to do in response to the silly (imo) rule: state that the average person does nothing, so if you are average, you probably will make nothing with the product, but don't be average-go out and make some money.

      Just my 2 cents.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4482444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cartesian
      Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post


      Plus I can't see your objection to the stating of average results. No ethical businessman would have a problem with quoting average customer results. Be transparent and let your customers know what to expect. Why hide anything?
      Chris Kent has a solid point! IM is full of scams the FTC should raise the bar even more!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4907473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David McKee
    "you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts."

    The fact is regardless if you think Jeff's videos are great or are totally worthless crap, You Tube is chuck full of worthless crap! They don't ban binaural beat videos which do nothing but sound like my DVD player is busted. They don't ban videos of drunk college kids "planking"... the fact is YouTube is mainly worthless crap. I'd say about 10-20% at most is useful.

    Jeff should totally disregard that notice, as it is utter crap as well. That is what proxy servers are for. Hell, I might even post his so-called "banned" video".



    -DTM
    Signature
    Are you an affiliate marketer? My site has tons of free stuff and 14,000 pages of Clickbank research. www.affiliatesledgehammer.com
    Buy a Freedom Bulb! Don't let the government tell you what kind of light bulb you can use!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4480270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josefeth
    man if i was jeff i wld make my own site, i can see it now JJTV.com coming soon...
    Signature
    FREE!! Find Out How You Can Uncover These Powerful Strategies To Generating INSTANT CASH!
    CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4489846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marcel Pamphile
    Google/Facebook are monopolies and central points of failure...

    You can't build a business that relies on monopolies.
    Because there is usually one of them... and too many of us. Obviously...
    But I know Jeff has a plan B that Google can't touch - list building and a good reputation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4536398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cartesian
      Originally Posted by NicheDiary.com View Post

      Google/Facebook are monopolies and central points of failure...

      You can't build a business that relies on monopolies.
      Because there is usually one of them... and too many of us. Obviously...
      But I know Jeff has a plan B that Google can't touch - list building and a good reputation.
      I went through one of those 800+++ J. Johnson courses and sent it back within 15 days!

      Over priced, over hyped, poorly delivered, just a money maker for him and his buddies!

      Whether you buy or sell his products, the money is in the recurring billing, the VP sellers and lists!

      If you do not want to be a con man sell real products like, cars, boats, airplanes, clothing, sports equipment you name it, it is there for you and it is honest money you bring home!

      Selling information like in affiliate marketing and useless products that often a Monkey in the jungle would easily produce is just scamming, junk and deception!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4907539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ansar Pasha
    Banned
    I'm personally happy about this. I was never really into the "make money online" niche so I haven't had any problems with YT, the Goog or PayPal.

    ... I think it's time to realize the truth - if you're basing your "business" around MMO products, then it's time to expand. There are always going to be products for the people looking for them, but it's only getting harder to avoid problems with vendors and services cracking down on this stuff.

    It might not be fair, especially if you have a legit business in MMO, but this is a blip on the radar compared to bigger, less jaded markets online...

    Ansar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4536790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hassanimtiaz91
    never knew him till now.. and feel sorry for him..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4536864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    I came late to this conversation as I am doing research for a document that will land on the VP desk at YouTube addressing this issue.

    Here's my thoughts.......

    WillR - YouTube is the second most trafficked search engine, Jeff Johnson ranked highly in YouTube and Google search with his videos, that is why he in unhappy, not to mention you look real bad when your social profiles go dead.

    Darren Rowse, Problogger.com got taken down on YouTube just weeks before Jeff.

    You can share you thoughts directly with YouTube's product / community manager on Google+ at this thread. It has already been noticed by Google, just got the email.

    https://plus.google.com/107656088609...ts/gHEocedXFNX

    If you want your voice heard by Google, keep it clean and share your thoughts there.

    Hope this helps all YouTubers,

    Chris Lang
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4883147].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    The large corporations can make whatever rules they want, but you are right, the IM niche is getting a bad rap, and once Adwords started clamping down on it, it made sense for its subsidiaries to follow
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4884578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    Unless he's earning YT a considerable amount of money they will shut him down in the blink of an eyelid as they will do with anyone else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4907571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daviddeschaine
    I personally think Jeff is a nice guy and I have watched all his videos on YouTube and I really was surprised that he get banded that's ridiculous.

    I did post more stuff on my blog you can read it if you want to but I think Google is just getting too big in their own good - Hypocrites.

    the guy always offered good quality content, and I think that most people here on this forum have learned a lot from the guy.

    It's ridiculous people go in and just flagging videos, and fight dirty.

    Anyway that's just my two cents......
    Signature
    Thanks,
    David

    Contractor OS

    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning".
    -Benjamin Franklin-
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5138878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author damasgate
    yeah, youtube and IM don't mix all that good sometimes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5141774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    I have no idea if it helped or not, but I threw a huge bitch about this on G+, Darren got reinstated on his own. My Google connections took my Jeff Johnson complaint all the way upstairs at YouTube. Glad to see Jeff back.

    My MasterMind group is still getting flagged my middle eastern mafias looking to take over their top rankings and AdSense incomes. Really getting to be ridiculous. See my comment above for clarifacation.

    You biggest worry is using music that says it's copyright free but is not. Just because the site says so, does not mean it really true.
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ibnupower
    Is it SOPA and PIPA effect?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    Can't build a business with YouTube? Really?

    I have a fully monetized channel, pull about 50 a week in AdSense. I know people that make 6 figure incomes of their channels.

    I have been hosting my public videos there for over 3 years now. Best way to go, great incoming traffic / lead funnel.

    You may want to take a second look at YouTube guys, it is the only way to go. You just have to know what you are doing...
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    True Chris Kent, if you are not willing to get kicked off a social site, (and YouTube is going to become highly integrated with Google+ even more than it is now), then you should not be on a social site.

    One very smart thing to do right now is make sure you have linked you G+ profile and you YouTube account together.

    Makes it a lot harder to get disabled. What is the real concern now is the mafias flagging videos singularly. BE SURE all music you use is copyright free.
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    The link in OP has malware.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    What link in OP, we had a DOS attack on the server yesterday.

    What security software is saying malware please Yukon? Mine?
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ChrisLang View Post

      What link in OP, we had a DOS attack on the server yesterday.

      What security software is saying malware please Yukon? Mine?
      PM sent with the malware URL.

      My Avira antivirus found it as soon as I clicked the link in OPs comment.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author virtualprincipal
    I am not sure why there are so many fans of Jeff Johnson out there. The videos I have watched were spent hyping....Jeff Johnson.

    There is nothing more offensive than listening to someone talk incessantly about how much money they make.

    And he does have a voice made for silent movies....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by scarabet View Post

    Finally Jeff could argue that HIS students have 80% success rate and are happy campers. Thats 80% of people buying from his emails are satisfied as well.

    What do you think?
    I think anyone who expects YouTube to foot the bill for their advertising videos is nuts. Contrary to popular belief, YouTube wasn't invented to be a marketer's playground.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonp_ccfc
    I can smell bull. A lot of clueless people posting here or they've got an ulterior motive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlenGeorgeson
    That post is actually pretty old. I got an email from Jeff a month ago and he said that his channel is working again.

    Alen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisLang
    So the response is the Jeff's site is throwing a malware warning thru this link:

    Youtube Shut Me Down And I Don’t Know Why Part 1 | Jeff Johnson Underground Training Lab

    Anybody else see this?
    Signature

    Chris Lang

    How I Made $12K With Google+
    FREE Report Here >>>

    http://www.googlingsocial.com/g

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Thomas
    Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

    You cannot build a business with YouTube and I guess he realises that now.
    I guess you aren't familiar with what JJ does with YT and other social sites

    Jeff Johnson's Non-Stop Traffic Formula
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author temlawn
    Just skimming through the posts above.. um, his content is still available via youtube, this blog has him on it fed by his channel.
    affiliate videos | ExtremeWebsiteTraffic.com Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570250].message }}

Trending Topics