Should There Be A Rating System On WSOs?

60 replies
Hi All.

I have bought 3 WSOs in my whole time online and sadly only 1 was actually worth the 7 or 9 dollars I paid lol.

Do you think it would help if there was some kind of rating system or do you think this would be manipulated in ways that testimonials can be.

Perhaps if we has a thumbs up or thumbs down type system it may help weed out whats not worth your money.

Obviously this would only be open to people that have actually bought the WSO.

What do you guys and girls think is there more rubbish out there than ever before or do you find the over all quality of WSO's are good and fair deal???

Let me know thanks.

Colin.
#rating #system #wsos
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Poc
    Yeah, I think it would be a great thing that it would be possible to give some kind of ranking to a WSO

    But you can check the quality if you read the reviews
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
      Originally Posted by Matt Poc View Post

      Yeah, I think it would be a great thing that it would be possible to give some kind of ranking to a WSO

      But you can check the quality if you read the reviews
      Yea I agree reviews are definately helpfull, but ive seen some good reviews bought the product and felt like smashing my laptop up it was that bad

      I know there will never be a perfect system and the top guys will sell what ever they put out, but maybe there is a way to improve the WSO forum?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524861].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jermaine Tabor
        Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

        Yea I agree reviews are definately helpfull, but ive seen some good reviews bought the product and felt like smashing my laptop up it was that bad

        I know there will never be a perfect system and the top guys will sell what ever they put out, but maybe there is a way to improve the WSO forum?
        That must have been one horrible wso.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524887].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
          Originally Posted by Jermaine Tabor View Post

          That must have been one horrible wso.
          man you have no idea im not someone who wants to go screaming for a 7 dollar fefund, but the pdf was ugly, the font was that bad it nearly burnt my eyeballs out my head.

          Wont say whos it was but my god it was bad.

          I mean when creating a WSO at least make the dam thing readable and nice to look at, oh yea and quality info that works ha :p
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524912].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jermaine Tabor
            Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

            man you have no idea im not someone who wants to go screaming for a 7 dollar fefund, but the pdf was ugly, the font was that bad it nearly burnt my eyeballs out my head.

            Wont say whos it was but my god it was bad.

            I mean when creating a WSO at least make the dam thing readable and nice to look at, oh yea and quality info that works ha :p
            Maybe someone should create a wso on pdf design. hmmm
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524946].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
            To force a simple "stars" type rating system closed to anyone who hadn't bought the product, Allen would have to handle all the payments, or at least the delivery of the product. Not going to happen, and for lots of good reasons.

            Anything less would be abused, and badly.

            The idea of a rep system is one that often comes up when this topic is raised, and it's subject to the same sort of manipulation.

            Best way to handle it: Read the reviews. All of them. And if it's a long thread, make sure you read the last page or two. That's often where the problem offers get exposed. Just don't believe much of anything that involves the same lone person going off on multiple rants about the product or seller. Those are more likely to be chronically angry people than legitimately displeased customers.

            As a personal suggestion, I recommend not buying anything that makes income promises. Just flat out don't do it. That one decision will save you a ton of wasted time, effort, and money.

            Oh... And don't believe any alleged income proof. It's not all fake, but enough is that it's pointless. And even the stuff that's true doesn't mean anything, since you may get wildly different results.


            Paul
            Signature
            .
            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524992].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author LegitIncomes
              As far as I'm concerned, the WSO forum already has a ratings system.

              It's called reading the thread to see what others are saying.
              Signature
              100% Unique Sales Page Website +100% Unique Internet Marketing Product
              + Support! All of this, just $397! (PM Me For Details!)
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525681].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    Colin,

    Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post


    I have bought 3 WSOs in my whole time online and sadly only 1 was actually worth the 7 or 9 dollars I paid
    Did you leave feedback in all three WSO threads?

    There already is a rating system. But it only works when
    people are prepared to post accurate reviews. Buyers of
    a WSO are entitled to leave feedback... both positive and
    negative.

    Of course your comments must be honest and focus on
    the quality of the product or service. Perhaps if more
    people were prepared to leave honest feedback the
    quality of products on offer would improve?

    John
    Signature
    John's Internet Marketing News, Views & Reviews: John Taylor Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Itachi
      I think it would be a good feature indeed, but of course you would have the right to vote only if you actually bought the product.

      Yea I can see what you mean Paul Myers since the payment is handled by third party programs there is no real way to connect the buy info to the thread itself..maybe some sort of plugin for WSOplus ?

      Or no, I know the solution.. way to make WSOPaymentplus warriorforum payment processing method (go allen you can make it ! , best alternative to paypal for online payments for IM'ers ) ehe .. just kidding anyway
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525067].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ruth Hendrickson
      Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

      Colin,



      Did you leave feedback in all three WSO threads?

      There already is a rating system. But it only works when
      people are prepared to post accurate reviews. Buyers of
      a WSO are entitled to leave feedback... both positive and
      negative.

      Of course your comments must be honest and focus on
      the quality of the product or service. Perhaps if more
      people were prepared to leave honest feedback the
      quality of products on offer would improve?

      John
      I agree this is the best way to determine if the WSO is a purchase you'll be happy with after buying. Reading the comments and feedback before buying can mean the difference between getting a WSO that suits you or buying something you wish you hadn't. I've also found that for those WSOs that don't tell much about the actual product, if you wait and read the comments it will give you a better idea of what is actually offered and the quality of the product.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4542356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
    Well thanks for all your input I guess, it all makes sense and can be debated all day I guess there is no right or wrong way to go about the WSO forum.

    Plus if its doing well as it is why change anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rough Outline
    I agree with Paul, in an ideal world a rating system would be perfect, but it is so open to abuse, it just wouldn't be worth it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Gosse
    My advice is to stop expecting masterpieces for "7 or 9 dollars".

    Save your money and buy something good
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I think rating systems would be a waste of time. They'd just get the same abuse as the normal system (i.e getting other accounts/friends to rate it to give false appearance).

    As soon as you put in any system that stands to give someone an advantage - others will try to abuse it to have that advantage for themselves.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Itachi,
    maybe some sort of plugin for WSOplus?
    A whole other set of problems. First, that would mean requiring people to use the Warrior Pro/Plus system to sell and deliver their products or else have no reviews. Second, it would encourage affiliates to game the system by giving high reviews to the stuff they were going to promote.

    I'd love it, if there were a way to do it that weren't easily abused. I haven't heard a suggestion in all the time we've had WSOs that wasn't wide open to gaming, though.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I used to say use common sense and due diligence - but that isn't always enough today. There are many businesses now focusing on "helping" people run WSOs. These are not part of the WF - but many people here don't know that. I'm not against these smart businesses - but I am against not informing members that a service or business was used for the WSO.

      I can research a WSO but I don't know if the product is being promoted to multiple lists by affiliates. I have no way to tell if a separate service was hired to create the WSO. I know what the "of the day" means but it's clear many new members don't know it's not an official recommendation.

      Ratings will not work. However, I think disclaimers are needed. Trust in WSOs depends on transparency....and the waters are getting murky.

      kay

      Edit: Just saw this posted today in a WSO thread by someone giving a positive comment....

      I see WSO of the day in this ones future, without a doubt!
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

      I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526518].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Williams
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      Itachi,A whole other set of problems. First, that would mean requiring people to use the Warrior Pro/Plus system to sell and deliver their products or else have no reviews. Second, it would encourage affiliates to game the system by giving high reviews to the stuff they were going to promote.

      I'd love it, if there were a way to do it that weren't easily abused. I haven't heard a suggestion in all the time we've had WSOs that wasn't wide open to gaming, though.


      Paul
      While this is far from perfect, it's an idea. How about assembling an independent panel of respected Warriors to review upcoming WSO's. Allen could charge say $70 for the service and pay $50 for each review a panel member performs.

      In return, the WSO would be awarded a certified graphic they could place at the bottom of their WSO. (Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Sheet Metal). WSOAwards or something infinitely more catchy.

      I know I always feel safer when I visit a website that has won awards or is certified as trustworthy, deservedly so or not. This added system would serve to eliminate WSO sellers who don't value their product or service enough to invest in it.

      It would give WSO buyers another level of confidence in making their final purchase decision. It could boost sales on many WSO's, give 10-12 Warriors an additional income for their reviews, and add a few more dollars to Allen's bottom line.

      Anyways, just some ideas there ...

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526924].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Would be simpler to disallow reviews and testimonials altogether. The seller would have to put enough info into his sales copy that you know what you are buying.

        I see no way the WF would take on the legal risk of providing a "seal of approval" for any WSO.

        People who can't make their own buying decisions shouldn't be buying anything. That's the bottom line.

        kay
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527076].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        Jeff,

        Where do we get people who are qualified to review on such a broad range of topics, and who would be willing to spend the time? And how do we separate their personal preferences and work style from someone else's?

        Again, it sounds good in theory, and it's meant well, but it's probably not practical. Especially if it's a paid review, which carries all sorts of other issues. Even the most objective person would be immediately accused of being a fraud when someone with a different style disliked something the reviewer liked.

        And giving a well-deserved bad review? Watch the chargebacks from people who think that paying entitles them to a positive comment. We've already got too many sellers who think the fact that they paid for the thread means that any negative, no matter how slight, MUST be removed immediately.

        I know. But it's true. People actually don't read the rules...


        Paul
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527114].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
        Originally Posted by Jeff Williams View Post

        While this is far from perfect, it's an idea. How about assembling an independent panel of respected Warriors to review upcoming WSO's. Allen could charge say $70 for the service and pay $50 for each review a panel member performs.

        In return, the WSO would be awarded a certified graphic they could place at the bottom of their WSO. (Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Sheet Metal). WSOAwards or something infinitely more catchy.

        I know I always feel safer when I visit a website that has won awards or is certified as trustworthy, deservedly so or not. This added system would serve to eliminate WSO sellers who don't value their product or service enough to invest in it.

        It would give WSO buyers another level of confidence in making their final purchase decision. It could boost sales on many WSO's, give 10-12 Warriors an additional income for their reviews, and add a few more dollars to Allen's bottom line.

        Anyways, just some ideas there ...

        Jeff
        In theory it may be a potentially okay idea, except for one thing...

        ANYTHING that removes a layer of due diligence from the buyer is a bad thing.

        Not only that, ALL reviews are subjective. What happens when my subjectivity doesn't match that of the "review board"? Who's right? As a buyer, I am.

        What would happen is that buyers would go after the review panel for having a different point of view. That would be awesome for sellers, not good for buyers, and loust for anybody on the review board.

        So, on the surface it sounds like a good idea (and I also appreciate that you're trying to find solutions), but the reality would play out much differently.

        All the best,
        Michael
        Signature

        "Ich bin en fuego!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527160].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael D Forbes
          There really is a close to perfect system in place already. It's called REFUND.

          If you buy something at Wal-Mart or Lowe's that doesn't meet your expectations, don't you take it back? They will nearly always give you a refund without a hassle.

          If you buy a $97 WSO and it's pure junk.. you have the right to request a refund.

          You might also buy a $7 WSO and find it's worth $97 to you.

          Value and quality is totally subjective. What I call garbage might have the very tidbit of information you need to push you to the next level in your business.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527268].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
            Originally Posted by Micheal D Forbes View Post

            There really is a close to perfect system in place already. It's called REFUND.

            If you buy something at Wal-Mart or Lowe's that doesn't meet your expectations, don't you take it back? They will nearly always give you a refund without a hassle.

            If you buy a $97 WSO and it's pure junk.. you have the right to request a refund.

            You might also buy a $7 WSO and find it's worth $97 to you.

            Value and quality is totally subjective. What I call garbage might have the very tidbit of information you need to push you to the next level in your business.
            The difference is that Wal-Mart almost always gives the refund.

            I would say a high percentage of those WSOs that are truly refund-worthy are run by people who aren't really keen on honoring refund requests.

            So, the best answer is still for as many buyers as possible to leave honest feedback (good, bad, indifferent) about the product right in the WSO itself.

            All the best,
            Michael
            Signature

            "Ich bin en fuego!"
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527633].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
            Originally Posted by Micheal D Forbes View Post

            If you buy a $97 WSO and it's pure junk.. you have the right to request a refund.
            Each seller is allowed to set their own refund policy. If they don't offer refunds in their copy, then you can request one, but they don't have to give you one.

            Another reason to read the copy before you buy.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527740].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
            Banned
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528642].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael D Forbes
              Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

              You might be surprised at the WSO authors who won't refund or fight it tooth and nail - if it's paid through PayPal, and a digital product, they can get away with it.

              The other issue regarding refunds is the fear of being labeled a serial refunder.

              The best policy is to simply not buy in the first place without a reasonable amount of due diligence.
              I guess I'm in my own little ethical la-la land. As a seller, if I offer a refund policy, I stand by it 100% - no hassles.

              I guess I am not usually of the mind to buy when I see stuff on WSO's like - "Hey DUDE it's a $5 buck EboOk, don eveN THINk aboit asKin me for yer money back!"

              Yes, I suppose there are some that say they will refund and then don't also, but I've not come across them.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

    Hi All.

    I have bought 3 WSOs in my whole time online and sadly only 1 was actually worth the 7 or 9 dollars I paid lol.

    Do you think it would help if there was some kind of rating system or do you think this would be manipulated in ways that testimonials can be.

    Perhaps if we has a thumbs up or thumbs down type system it may help weed out whats not worth your money.

    Obviously this would only be open to people that have actually bought the WSO.

    What do you guys and girls think is there more rubbish out there than ever before or do you find the over all quality of WSO's are good and fair deal???

    Let me know thanks.

    Colin.
    It doesnt have to be very good to be worth $7...

    If it was very very good it will be priced at $700

    A $7 report is designed to get you into the system, a lead generator with just enough info to make you want to buy more. If your expecting more, then your 2 cans short of a 6 pack
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526252].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      It doesnt have to be very good to be worth $7...

      If it was very very good it will be priced at $700

      A $7 report is designed to get you into the system, a lead generator with just enough info to make you want to buy more. If your expecting more, then your 2 cans short of a 6 pack
      Dammit - so I shouldn't be selling anything at $7 unless it's crap? You should've told me this before.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526628].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LegitIncomes
        Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

        Not anymore - that's the way it used to be. Except most people selling WSO's for $7 forgot about the system...
        You got that right.

        A few years ago my very first IM product was priced at $97.
        It was an eBook, about 100 pages in length.

        It sold very well, lots of great reviews and even a "guru" praised it.

        Today...well I seriously doubt I'd be able to sell many copies at $97 in the WSO forum, just because of the economics of the forum itself, and the mindset of potential buyers.
        Signature
        100% Unique Sales Page Website +100% Unique Internet Marketing Product
        + Support! All of this, just $397! (PM Me For Details!)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528593].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tony_Brayley
        In the perfect world there should be a quick and easy way to determine if anything is good or good value. But that's not reality. Some things become nightmarish when we try to implement them. That is, what starts out as a good idea bcomes a huge pain in the arse.

        Good old common sense is probably the best guide here. Don't expect the pirates treasure map for $7. While there are a lot of good value wso's out there, we have to also realize that there are a lot of bandwagon-kind of folks out there too. They've heard that wso's are "nifty" (I like that kword) way of making some quick cash. And it is. But obviously, that mentality will not make it sustainable for that kind of parasite.

        Choose carefully, read reviews, look for warrior names you recognize or who at least have credibility (decent post count, etc.) and lower your expectations. If you want to see some wso's on a real budget, join the War Room. There you can probably spend days downloading slightly older wso's and all for a one time fee. I think it's like $35 or so.

        Just my thought.

        Tony Brayley.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529051].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tom B
          Banned
          I think we should initiate a Buyer rating. Yes, I want to rate buyers.

          If you keep purchasing $7 items and bitching about it then I think we should start lowering your rating. Once your rating is low enough, the wso section becomes invisible.

          This will save other forum members from having to witness constant gripes about inferior $7 products.

          I think it is time we start protecting you buyers from yourself. It seems you still buy even when you don't get what you want.

          Or how about this...

          You need to take a test before you can purchase a product in the wso section. Just a simple A and B test.

          a) Make money by pushing button is normal.
          b) Creating a plan and implementing that plan is normal.

          a) I like shiny objects.
          b) I like to concentrate on one thing until I figure it out.

          a) I like $7 products.
          b) I like to purchase products that help me implement my plan.

          a) Paul is sexy.
          b) Thomas is sexier.

          Anyone that picks an "a" will be booted from the wso section.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529073].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author retirewithsandie
            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            Best way to handle it: Read the reviews. All of them. And if it's a long thread, make sure you read the last page or two. That's often where the problem offers get exposed. Just don't believe much of anything that involves the same lone person going off on multiple rants about the product or seller. Those are more likely to be chronically angry people than legitimately displeased customers.
            Yes I've had a few that I had my eye on that I changed my mind after the threads got longer & the truth started coming out.

            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            As a personal suggestion, I recommend not buying anything that makes income promises. Just flat out don't do it. That one decision will save you a ton of wasted time, effort, and money.

            Oh... And don't believe any alleged income proof. It's not all fake, but enough is that it's pointless. And even the stuff that's true doesn't mean anything, since you may get wildly different results.
            I had to smdh in a thread the other day were 2 or 3 people kept hounding the WSO author for proof of income. I know I've seen a couple WSOs closed because the income "proof" was faked.

            Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

            The other issue regarding refunds is the fear of being labeled a serial refunder.
            I've only asked for one refund but have had others that weren't quite what I was expecting and thought about it. I always try to read everything carefully & see what I'm in for. But did find something useful in there that I think I could pull out & use.

            I know there's a couple of folks who when they write their reviews do their own rating system.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529268].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author yourreviewer
            Originally Posted by Thomas Belknap View Post


            a) Paul is sexy.
            b) Thomas is sexier.

            Anyone that picks an "a" will be booted from the wso section.
            I picked "b" for all the questions except this one.

            Will I still be booted?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
      Originally Posted by Brad Gosse View Post

      My advice is to stop expecting masterpieces for "7 or 9 dollars".

      Save your money and buy something good
      Originally Posted by Robert Puddy View Post

      It doesnt have to be very good to be worth $7...

      If it was very very good it will be priced at $700

      A $7 report is designed to get you into the system, a lead generator with just enough info to make you want to buy more. If your expecting more, then your 2 cans short of a 6 pack
      Wow thats a bad comment, so basically what your saying is dont buy from the WSO forum???

      I was never expecting a master peice but to have something so overhyped and then give me an ebook on how to write your title tags is a joke, I prefer WSO that actually tell you what your getting.

      But its a fair point in many respects.

      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4542116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pbdollars
    yes, rating can be great idea. I have purchased many WSO's some of them worthless.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4526688].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author oda
      Originally Posted by BIG Mike View Post

      I'm going to reiterate what Paul said (albeit more emphatically):

      If The Offer Promises To Make You Money...
      DON'T Buy It!


      If The Offer Shows Proof Of Income...
      DON'T Believe It!

      The bottom line is once you've purchased a WSO, do the other members a favor and post an honest, objective review of the PRODUCT (not the author).

      Post about it's good and bad points and any success you've had with replicating or implementing the information/methods provided. Conversely, mention any barriers to implementation - in other words, what was left out that should have been mentioned.

      Stop posting lame comments like "I bought it" or "This looks great" - those are useless to everyone.

      The quickest, easiest way to make sure that WSO's provide value is and avoid being ripped off is to exercise your privilege to post honest feedback. It forces sellers to improve or go away...think about that.

      Just wanted to make sure everyone reads this One.

      Ratings are Objective! Use the system that is In place thats why the products are in a FORUM and not a website. You can leave your HONEST feedback and it will be seen and read by Others!

      if its GOOD recommend it, if it didn't hit the mark, Explain why you feel that way. perhaps the product creator would like some constructive feedback.

      FORUM = YOUR CHANCE TO OFFER OPINIONS = Better Buying decisions for everyone, better rewards for GOOD products and bad products being weeded out faster.

      BUT remember it is YOUR OPINION and just because you didn't get anything out of it doesn't mean I won't.

      My 2 Cents

      Oda
      Signature
      Are You Missing Out on an Opportunity?
      AGED .COM Domains $37 Each or make offer from $9 Grab a Bargain HERE
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4530826].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Itachi
        Just had some idea that could be nice and probably easy to implement, I'ts not revolutionary either but I thought I would share it.

        When someone use the thanks button on a WSO thread, the original post.

        A cool method would be to just make a little customization to the forum so you can see the names of people that pushed the thanks button, and that are member of the WF underlined in red or in red, or something along these lines I think it would kind of add more value to the thanks button.

        That way people could quickly see a summary of how many warriors enjoyed the product, of course if peoples would buy fake WF accounts just to spam vote on their thread that would be bad but since you have to pay for the war room it won't be as easy as to get likes,G+ etc .
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4541172].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
          Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

          Just had some idea that could be nice and probably easy to implement, I'ts not revolutionary either but I thought I would share it.

          When someone use the thanks button on a WSO thread, the original post.

          A cool method would be to just make a little customization to the forum so you can see the names of people that pushed the thanks button, and that are member of the WF underlined in red or in red, or something along these lines I think it would kind of add more value to the thanks button.

          That way people could quickly see a summary of how many warriors enjoyed the product, of course if peoples would buy fake WF accounts just to spam vote on their thread that would be bad but since you have to pay for the war room it won't be as easy as to get likes,G+ etc .
          Yea kind of like on Ebay, when you can see how much activity one user ahs had with another to see if there bidding there friends products up to help them hit the reserve and force the extra dollar from other interested parties.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4542149].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Itachi
            Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

            Yea kind of like on Ebay, when you can see how much activity one user ahs had with another to see if there bidding there friends products up to help them hit the reserve and force the extra dollar from other interested parties.
            Not sure that's what I meant, I'll try to explain better, simply the "thanks" appearing under the thread WSO post will show whether the guy who voted was a war room member or not.

            Instead of just seeing the blue thanks as usual.

            So when you finish to read the sale letter you can have a quick overview of how many war room members endorse the product, wether these are legit thanks or not is another problem, but that does'nt sound like a big deal, just to make the war room member who used thanks button stands out.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4543350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpears
    There is already a rating system in place, for all threads, including WSO's. Haven't you seen some threads with gold stars to the right of the title? That is the rating system, but not too many people use it. I don't even know how to rate a thread as I have never tried. But I do see many that have a block of stars in the title box, and so I know those have good content in them.
    Signature

    Tim Pears

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CMartin
      Tim,
      Originally Posted by timpears View Post

      There is already a rating system in place, for all threads, including WSO's. Haven't you seen some threads with gold stars to the right of the title?
      The "Rate Thread" feature is disabled in the WSO forum and probably on others - also there's no option to sort threads by rating. At least I can't see it.

      Carlos
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4527908].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Williams
        Kay, Paul, and Michael,

        Darn. I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with ... well, everything you guys said. The potential revenue probably wouldn't be worth the added hassle or risk.

        Call me crazy though, I still believe there is an opportunity there. I wouldn't abandon thinking along those lines completely.

        Just based on the few negative threads regarding WSO's I've read, from both the sellers and buyers point of view, there seems to be a need or want in the marketplace for greater product scrutiny. Something only an independent, unbiased source could provide.

        Personally, if I ever decided to run a WSO, I'd jump at the chance to have my product or service independently reviewed and earn a ranking I could prominently display.

        And should I receive a poor quality rank from the board, I'd know beforehand to improve the quality before running with it and possibly risk ruining my reputation here by putting out sub-standard product. It would be the best $70 I could have spent here. Reputation is everything.

        And as a buyer, I'd love to see the award graphic at the bottom of the salespage. A symbol of trust. Perceived only, I know. But I'd have at least the satisfaction in knowing that somebody independently investigated the product before I stumbled in and blindly dropped more PP money on a WSO.

        Eh, but you guys are right. Logistically, a potential nightmare. Had no idea there was that level of animosity going on behind the scenes.

        I've been away from the forum awhile, so I haven't had a good chance to see how things here have progressed.

        But hey, that's why I always loved this forum. I'm free to come in and throw around lofty goals and ideas, only to have 3-7 senior warriors come out of nowhere and crush me like a bug into oblivion under their bootheels lol. (Just kidding guys.) Thanks for the input.

        Actually, I'm kind of relieved. If Allen ran with that idea and it wound up causing him headaches, I'd fully expect him to smite me or cast me off the boards. Where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, etc ...

        Ah well, I tried.

        I guess I'll just humbly pick up those 2 cents I dropped on my way out lol ...

        Jeff
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528134].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by Jeff Williams View Post

          Kay, Paul, and Michael,

          Darn. I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with ... well, everything you guys said. The potential revenue probably wouldn't be worth the added hassle or risk.

          Call me crazy though, I still believe there is an opportunity there. I wouldn't abandon thinking along those lines completely.

          Just based on the few negative threads regarding WSO's I've read, from both the sellers and buyers point of view, there seems to be a need or want in the marketplace for greater product scrutiny. Something only an independent, unbiased source could provide.

          Personally, if I ever decided to run a WSO, I'd jump at the chance to have my product or service independently reviewed and earn a ranking I could prominently display.

          And should I receive a poor quality rank from the board, I'd know beforehand to improve the quality before running with it and possibly risk ruining my reputation here by putting out sub-standard product. It would be the best $70 I could have spent here. Reputation is everything.

          And as a buyer, I'd love to see the award graphic at the bottom of the salespage. A symbol of trust. Perceived only, I know. But I'd have at least the satisfaction in knowing that somebody independently investigated the product before I stumbled in and blindly dropped more PP money on a WSO.

          Eh, but you guys are right. Logistically, a potential nightmare. Had no idea there was that level of animosity going on behind the scenes.

          I've been away from the forum awhile, so I haven't had a good chance to see how things here have progressed.

          But hey, that's why I always loved this forum. I'm free to come in and throw around lofty goals and ideas, only to have 3-7 senior warriors come out of nowhere and crush me like a bug into oblivion under their bootheels lol. (Just kidding guys.) Thanks for the input.

          Actually, I'm kind of relieved. If Allen ran with that idea and it wound up causing him headaches, I'd fully expect him to smite me or cast me off the boards. Where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, etc ...

          Ah well, I tried.

          I guess I'll just humbly pick up those 2 cents I dropped on my way out lol ...

          Jeff
          Hi Jeff,

          I think it's good that you're looking for solutions to perceived problems. Personally I don't think the WSO section is "broken", just different.

          The forum is worse in some ways and better in some ways, and my belief is that it will sort out new "problems" as it evolves.

          But there's nothing wrong with trying to make things better. The thing is that a lot of these solutions have been proposed before, and there are always ways around the proposed solutions. At the same time, I DO believe there may be SOMETHING that could improve it, I just don't know what it is.

          All the best,
          Michael
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author timpears
        Originally Posted by CMartin View Post

        Tim,


        The "Rate Thread" feature is disabled in the WSO forum and probably on others - also there's no option to sort threads by rating. At least I can't see it.

        Carlos
        That is odd, wonder why they did that. I hadn't noticed. Like I said, I have never used it and don't know how. Maybe they should activate it for this purpose. I am sure they disabled it because of the possibility of abuse. Which I am sure it would be.
        Signature

        Tim Pears

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529867].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author imdomination
          Originally Posted by timpears View Post

          That is odd, wonder why they did that. I hadn't noticed. Like I said, I have never used it and don't know how. Maybe they should activate it for this purpose. I am sure they disabled it because of the possibility of abuse. Which I am sure it would be.
          Yes, I suspect this is true. With a rating system the thread owner can't see who has voted, whereas with reviews he or she can see who has written the post and whether or not they have actually bought the product.

          I suspect a lot of unethical people with a competing WSO would rate their competition's threads low, without having even seen the product, which would skew the numbers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4530309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Liam Swift
    Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

    Hi All.

    I have bought 3 WSOs in my whole time online and sadly only 1 was actually worth the 7 or 9 dollars I paid lol.

    Do you think it would help if there was some kind of rating system or do you think this would be manipulated in ways that testimonials can be.

    Perhaps if we has a thumbs up or thumbs down type system it may help weed out whats not worth your money.

    Obviously this would only be open to people that have actually bought the WSO.

    What do you guys and girls think is there more rubbish out there than ever before or do you find the over all quality of WSO's are good and fair deal???

    Let me know thanks.

    Colin.
    I personally think this would be a great idea.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ken Strong
      How much does a $7 WSO need to have in it to be worth the price?

      How many of us spend more than that without a thought in a single visit to Starbucks or MacDonald's for something that's gone in a few minutes, yet agonize and demand endless reassurances and complicated ratings systems for a WSO at the same price?

      You don't expect a Frappuccino or a Big Mac to change your life or make you rich...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528374].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author andreasnrb
        The WSO section would improved if the WSOs actually had to comply with the FTC regulations. Its seems a lot of them don't. But perhaps WF is not based in USA?

        Originally Posted by Ken Strong View Post

        How much does a $7 WSO need to have in it to be worth the price?

        How many of us spend more than that without a thought in a single visit to Starbucks or MacDonald's for something that's gone in a few minutes, yet agonize and demand endless reassurances and complicated ratings systems for a WSO at the same price?

        You don't expect a Frappuccino or a Big Mac to change your life or make you rich...
        But when you get more value out of the coffee or the burger? Still worth $7 then? The burger comparison has never been a good one. You can get Cialdinis "Influence" for $7. If you have $7 you should get that book instead.
        Signature
        Excellent product, Excellent support, great for affiliate marketers (Amazon, ClickBank etc)
        http://andreasnurbo.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vtotheyouknow
    Hi guys!

    You all made some great points above.

    @Gordon Gekko, you're so right, brother! Perceived quality is the eye of the bepurchaser. You can give an action-oriented feller a 10 page PDF with simple instructions and he'll go make money that very day, while another dude will go through MMO courses like a locust and make not a shekel.

    I'd personally like to see higher and higher standards for ANYTHING that ANYBODY puts out, posts included! I see a handful of idealistic (in a good sense) marketers putting out incredible, well-researched and comprehensive products (David Walsh of M6 and Eben Pagan come to mind) that solve real problems well.

    I'd like to see WSOs go this route. Incidentally, this would allow the creator to charge more and be perfectly justified in doing so (of course, Warriors would still get a discount ;-)

    Just one man's opinion!

    Best Wishes
    Vic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yourreviewer
    It wouldn't be long before people start selling WSOs to manipulate WSO ratings.

    You know the kind of honest, ethical, credible, believable, realistic video testimonials you get from Fiverr for any products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billspaced
    Originally Posted by MarketingMonkey View Post

    Hi All.

    I have bought 3 WSOs in my whole time online and sadly only 1 was actually worth the 7 or 9 dollars I paid lol.

    Do you think it would help if there was some kind of rating system or do you think this would be manipulated in ways that testimonials can be.

    Perhaps if we has a thumbs up or thumbs down type system it may help weed out whats not worth your money.

    Obviously this would only be open to people that have actually bought the WSO.

    What do you guys and girls think is there more rubbish out there than ever before or do you find the over all quality of WSO's are good and fair deal???

    Let me know thanks.

    Colin.
    Any ratings system has obvious failure points and people here are smart enough how to figure it out.

    I mean, anybody can buy "likes" or "diggs" or whatever. Nothing is going to stop them here, either.

    Plus, I can see some low-life competitor (wannabe) trying to mess with the OP's WSO...not good. Happens today.

    It's almost like a *human* must actually read this stuff and make a *judgement* based on his research.

    For $5 or $10, most people don't really care if the product is good or not. Sure, one might get miffed but nonetheless, he will shelve it and simply remember not to buy from that guy again.

    I know there are a ton of good WSOs out there and probably a lot of bad ones, too. But all in all, they're actually pretty good values...

    My best advice would be to leave a review whenever you buy something: Good, bad, or indifferent. Always weigh how much it cost you and the extent to which you can recoup your investment before you give a "thumbs up" or not.

    Great idea, though. Just don't think it can work. Too many ways to exploit the system.
    Signature

    Bill Davis
    Chief Marketing Officer, SoMoLo Marketing

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mllnsgrl
    Agree, it wouldn't work. Too much Buddying Up
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Oggyoi
      Originally Posted by mllnsgrl View Post

      Agree, it wouldn't work. Too much Buddying Up
      I agree with this. It's like most forums, you'll always get your little private circles etc.

      I have bought WSOs off here and they have been rubbish. Then again I have bought services and they too have been rubbish and not produced any results.
      Signature

      SEO Agency spending $1k a month? PM for details.
      Best PBN Hosting www.tiptopcrew.com
      https://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...king-bank.html

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    Threads like this crack me up. Anyone selling a product or services in the WSO section has complete transparency with their customers. Buzzards circle for miles around when a scammer puts up a thread. Not a first mind you. But anyone selling a less than kosher product:

    1) Will not have any reviews (or very limited and generic sounding ones if they do have any)

    2) If they did make sales of any type of volume there will be Warriors posting like mad on their thread asking for refunds and calling them every name under the book.

    Most Warriors would never do business with the latter. But they have no problem whatsoever with doing business with the former.

    So how do you protect yourself?

    You simply do business with vendors who have proven track records and large numbers of reviews.

    Amazingly simple solution if you think about it.

    Just because some buyers do not use common sense doesn't mean Allen has to build a frigging system to protect them from burning their cash on magic beans.

    Scammers cannot do any type of long term business here. Forum environments are an excellent place to find the vendors you need for that reason specifically. You just have to know what you're looking for ahead of time.

    But if you're scouring the wso section looking for magic beans you're hit already. You're like a drunk with a fat wallet sticking out of his back pocket sitting at the end of the bar. Sooner or later someone is going to take your money.
    Signature

    When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vincentpeter
    It could be very difficult to rate something like this. Research & Judgment might help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4530774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author budfox
    we should all demand that they tell us what they are about in the sales page, no more "mystery boxes"
    Signature

    Romans 10:13

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4530787].message }}
  • I agree with you. BUT!...

    Let's turn the tables.

    Say you put up a WSO and got 100 dislikes and 20 likes. A) Nobody will ever buy from you again B) it basially sets you upfront faliure. That's why I think we shouldn't.

    It could help and hurt in both ways...
    Signature
    Next time you're at a McDonald's Playplace and someone asks you, "Aww which one is yours?" Say, "I haven't picked one out yet..."

    Im selling 2 adwords accounts with $100 in each account for $30! $200 value! PM me only!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4541913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
      Originally Posted by DanDasilva15YearOldIM View Post

      I agree with you. BUT!...

      Let's turn the tables.

      Say you put up a WSO and got 100 dislikes and 20 likes. A) Nobody will ever buy from you again B) it basially sets you upfront faliure. That's why I think we shouldn't.

      It could help and hurt in both ways...
      Yea thats a great point!

      As your next WSO may just be the miracle money pill, but infortunately
      no one will buy it!

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4542131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    I think the reviews in the WSO thread are good enough for a rating system.

    Granted there are always going to be warriors leaving great reviews because they're brand new or got it for free- but if it's a bad WSO that will come out in the thread.

    Besides, compare the WSO process to buying something on Clickbank , Rapbank, Digiresults, etc.

    There's NO review on the sales page, and if you start searching through the internet you don't find honest reviews- you find sites like "truthaboutabsreview.com" where the guy knows SEO, but could be leaving the fakest review ever.

    Soooooooo yeah- I think the reviews in the WSO threads are good enough- if warriors are honest with them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4542188].message }}

Trending Topics